Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
SOOPOOpetroglyphRSRogerKint
October 10th, 2018 at 1:30:25 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Quote: RS

As usual, the problem flies right over the head of liberals. Stop twisting words and idealogies around to fit your narrative.

No one is saying sexual harassment is okay.

No one is saying justice shouldn’t be served.

We’re saying that a mere accusation and the “guilty before proven innocent” idea are both complete horse-s*** stupid.

The same twisted logic works with feminism — no one’s against equal rights, but equal rights and feminism aren’t one in the same. Feminism is (basically) female superiority.

Same applies to black lives matter. No one is saying black lives don’t matter. We’re saying what they stand for is retarded. And they shouldn’t use Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown as the face of their campaign.

Same thing with borders and immigration. We don’t want illegals in the country. We’re not saying we don’t want or can’t accept Mexican immigration or that Mexicans (immigrating, legally) are bad people.

Okay, some people might be saying black lives don’t matter, all Mexicans are bad, women are terrible, and women shouldn’t speak up about getting raped .... but that’s not what most people on this side of the debate are saying.

And that's where we disagree. You might not be saying it, but I guarantee there are people on this forum who do.

And, people might not come out and say "Black lives don't matter" But if an unarmed black man is shot by police, their first thought is that he probably deserved it.

They'll also say that not of course not all Mexicans are bad, but if one was brought here when they were 2 years old, and has no family in Mexico, and doesn't speak Spanish, they need to be deported because they weren't born here.

And they won't say women shouldn't speak up about getting raped, but they will say things like women just need tougher skin if they are offended by a sexual joke in the workplace.

Then we get to the Harvey Weinstein thing. I don't know all the details of it all, but I'm guessing the first person who came forward didn't have "proof." There's just settled lawsuits admitting no wrongdoing. Are there people thinking no one should have spoken up about that or Cosby? I'm not sure how much "proof" there was in that case either.

I just think that since you're taking a rational position "people shouldn't be automatically guilty", you think all others commenting have that rational position also. I don't give people that much credit.

This is the Serena Williams "Greatest Tennis Player in the World" argument.

I like to listen to national sports radio. Just about every, if not every one of them back when this cluster f- was going on said something about how anyone who doesn't consider Serena one of the greatest, they are only doing so because she is black. These "people" won't come out and say it is because she is black, but we know what they think, is what the pundits puked over and over.

NO STUPID, that is what YOU think. Never has one heard any recognizable name say Serena does not get the credit she deserves because she is black. YOU THINK THAT, NO ONE ELSE DOES. (the "you" here is the radio host, lest anyone be personally offended)

ALL those "people" of which you speak FinsRule, are fictional. They are not conservative rapist racists nazis. Feel free to post some random tweet from some fake account with 200 followers to prove me wrong.

Or even better. Find a mainstream conservative who thinks black people deserve to be shot randomly by police "because they deserve it."

Just say what you really think. Don't hide it behind "what everyone else" thinks.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 10th, 2018 at 1:59:22 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

So what exactly is your point?

That the people who knew Kavanaugh
for decades in DC were shocked that
he would be accused, he's not that guy.

Cosby was different, there were rumors
since the 70's that he was up to something
nefarious, nobody on the inside was shocked
at all when the truth came out. It was the
same with Tiger Woods. People in the top
tier of the golf world had known for years
that Woods was out of control in his private
life, the rest of us had no idea.

It's very hard to hide your true nature from
people who deal with you all the time. That's
why all the shock over Kavanaugh, he just
was not that guy Ford accused him of being.
Last edited by: EvenBob on Oct 10, 2018
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
October 10th, 2018 at 2:13:13 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

That the people who knew Kavanaugh
for decades in DC were shocked that
he would be accused, he's not that guy.

Cosby was different, there were rumors
since the 70's that he was up to something
nefarious, nobody on the inside was shocked
at all when the truth came out. It was the
same with Tiger Woods. People in the top
tier of the gold world had known for years
that Woods was out of control in his private
life, the rest of us had no idea.

It's very hard to hide your true nature from
people who deal with you all the time. That's
why all the shock over Kavanaugh, he just
was not that guy Ford accused him of being.

Okay you have some salient points

When you talk a legit argument I dont disagree just to make you angry see

Lets make it work both ways
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 10th, 2018 at 2:30:27 PM permalink

When you talk a legit argument

I don't know where you get your
news from that you didn't see the
legions of people who've known
Kavanaugh, some since he was in HS, all
come forward to his defense. There
were hundreds of them. It would have
been a true travesty if this Borking had
worked.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
October 10th, 2018 at 2:45:48 PM permalink
I guess I have to apologize. I didn’t realize that everyone on here was in favor of all these social justice causes.

Apparently I have misinterpreted a lot of posts.

But this is awesome. Faith in humanity slightly restored. My apologies.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
October 10th, 2018 at 2:51:40 PM permalink

worked.

I know people who commit sexual offense tend to repeat them, and normally I think that is a good point, but as a contrasting point we have a much more immature Kavanaugh of high school age under the influence of alcohol.

immaturity and alcohol could add up to a one time offense, that never happens again. That does't excuse his behavior but does IMO, explain why it never occurred again, or at least stopped shortly afterward,
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 10th, 2018 at 3:00:07 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

much more immature Kavanaugh of high school age under the influence of alcohol.

So what. Most people's personalities
don't change just because they drink.
In fact, they usually become more of
who they really are. I saw hundreds
of drunk people over the years I had
the bar, very few changed at all when
drunk. If they're jerks when sober,
they're just bigger jerks when drunk.
And vice versa.
darkoz
darkoz
October 10th, 2018 at 3:02:01 PM permalink

worked.

Cosby also had people who worked with him that said they never heard or saw an incident.

All cases need to be investigated

A full investigation

Especially where concerns the scotus pick
darkoz
darkoz
October 10th, 2018 at 3:03:34 PM permalink

And vice versa.

Kavanaugh real personality came out in response to allegations alright

Partisan conspiracy believing shouting rhetoric

Maybe he had too much to drink before the hearings
rxwine
rxwine
October 10th, 2018 at 3:14:26 PM permalink

And vice versa.

High school kids antics do change, it's not animal house behavior for the rest of your life. YOU need to remember how old he was.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
October 10th, 2018 at 3:17:52 PM permalink
LIKEWISE, though, if a young kid gets drunk and kills someone drunk driving he's still responsible. SO, IF kavenaugh sexually assaulted someone in high school he has to be responsible for it,
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 10th, 2018 at 3:29:32 PM permalink

LIKEWISE, though, if a young kid gets drunk and kills someone drunk driving he's still responsible. SO, IF kavenaugh sexually assaulted someone in high school he has to be responsible for it,

Even if it is true (and all evidence is it never happened) who cares what happened at a high school party in 1982?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 10th, 2018 at 3:30:12 PM permalink
Serious question. If someone is sexually assaulted but can’t prove it, do you think they should report it?

I think everyone is going to say yes, but at the same time, I’ve been misjudging people a lot lately.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 10th, 2018 at 3:33:59 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Even if it is true (and all evidence is it never happened) who cares what happened at a high school party in 1982?

See, this is what I’m talking about when I say that I’m not sure if everyone is on board with the whole “sexual assault is wrong” thing.

But the answer to the question of “who cares about sexual assault” is “everyone”. Because everyone is on board with the metoo movement of eliminating sexual assault. This is what I’ve been told today.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 10th, 2018 at 3:57:19 PM permalink

See, this is what I’m talking about when I say that I’m not sure if everyone is on board with the whole “sexual assault is wrong” thing.

But the answer to the question of “who cares about sexual assault” is “everyone”. Because everyone is on board with the metoo movement of eliminating sexual assault. This is what I’ve been told today.

Unprovable claim of kids messing around at a party by a woman with a political axe to grind. In 1982. Who cares.

See, liberals only care when it is a conservative accused. When it was Bill Clinton we were told it did not matter. Metoo is more about hating men and "putting them in their place" than eliminating sexual assault.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 10th, 2018 at 4:01:10 PM permalink
You said, even if it’s true, who cares.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 10th, 2018 at 4:02:05 PM permalink

He also just expanded on it.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
October 10th, 2018 at 4:03:29 PM permalink

ALL evidence? Not even remotely close.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
RogerKint
October 10th, 2018 at 4:04:26 PM permalink

Can you define "sexual" assault?

Does a great looking blond woman with 40DD's that run's her breast into me, impeding my travel and pissing off my wife constitute sexual harassment? If so,,,, it wasn't that terrible.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 10th, 2018 at 4:07:06 PM permalink

Yes, I did. Because her version is her version. Neglect to say why she went drinking at such a young age. Meet boys at the party? She is no little miss innocent.

Like I said, who cares what happened in high school. The FBI checked the guy many times and he was clean. Now he is a SCOTUS Justice. She is a nutty professor. Both lifetime positions.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 10th, 2018 at 4:08:55 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Her story is not "evidence." And nothing else points to it being true.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 4:18:22 PM permalink
So you think it was coincidence that the last time Rachel Mitchell asked a question of Kavanaugh is when she was referring to the July 1st entry on his calendar where it CLEARLY shows he attended a gathering EXACTLY like the one Ford described? With the same people she named? By the way, this was AFTER he said he NEVER attended gatherings like the one Ford described (which is a lie)? And that July 1st entry matches up with her timeline of the summer? You think that the fact that she NEVER spoke again after this line of questioning was just an innocent coinkydink?

Then there are the other people she told about the incident that were not interviewed by the FBI because the WH limited its scope.

Of course there's no DNA. Of course nobody "witnessed" it because usually when people are sexually assualted, ya know, it's in private. But there are other people that can corroborate her story, which is, yes, evidence.

To say ALL evidence says it didn't happen is a lie.
darkoz
darkoz
October 10th, 2018 at 4:20:40 PM permalink

Her story is not "evidence." And nothing else points to it being true.

Something tells me if a videotape from 1982 surfaced with Kavanaugh raping Miss Ford

You would cry Dem conspiracy and point to special effects films and say it was a hoax. Some photoshopped Hollywood creation

"But no one even had home videocameras until 1985"

Lol
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 4:22:37 PM permalink

So you think it was coincidence that the last time Rachel Mitchell asked a question of Kavanaugh is when she was referring to the July 1st entry on his calendar where it CLEARLY shows he attended a gathering EXACTLY like the one Ford described? With the same people she named? By the way, this was AFTER he said he NEVER attended gatherings like the one Ford described (which is a lie)? You think that the fact that she NEVER spoke again after this line of questioning was just an innocent coinkydink?

Then there are the other people she told about the incident that were not interviewed by the FBI because the WH limited its scope.

Of course there's no DNA. Of course nobody "witnessed" it because usually when people are sexually assualted, ya know, it's in private. But there are other people that can corroborate her story, which is, yes, evidence.

To say ALL evidence says it didn't happen is a lie.

I am saying there is no evidence to back up her claim.

I am saying that she has no credibility.

I am saying that this whole thing is a classical liberal hit job in the politics of personal destruction.

Clear enough?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 10th, 2018 at 4:24:20 PM permalink

Something tells me if a videotape from 1982 surfaced with Kavanaugh raping Miss Ford

You would cry Dem conspiracy and point to special effects films and say it was a hoax. Some photoshopped Hollywood creation

"But no one even had home videocameras until 1985"

Lol

You mean just like the Bush memos Dan Rather showed in Times News Roman font?
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 4:26:02 PM permalink

I am saying there is no evidence to back up her claim.

I am saying that she has no credibility.

I am saying that this whole thing is a classical liberal hit job in the politics of personal destruction.

Clear enough?

That's what you are saying, but you are DEAD wrong.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 10th, 2018 at 4:29:54 PM permalink

That's what you are saying, but you are DEAD wrong.

Evidence shows otherwise.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 4:39:44 PM permalink

Evidence shows otherwise.

Some evidence, mainly the people she named unable to corroborate her story because they don't remember, shows that. Other evidence suggests she is telling the truth. We'll never know.

At least you aren't faking it like the GOP swimming in the swamp did. They found her credible. You think it was funded by Soros or some s**t like that. Which is ludicrous because anything that was funded by Soros (lol) and coordinated with the democratic machine (lol) would've had witnesses lined up ready to talk and corroborate the story (lol). It would be a pretty dumbass thing to do to name people that you knew would be unable to corroborate the story.
darkoz
darkoz
October 10th, 2018 at 4:52:23 PM permalink

Some evidence, mainly the people she named unable to corroborate her story because they don't remember, shows that. Other evidence suggests she is telling the truth. We'll never know.

At least you aren't faking it like the GOP swimming in the swamp did. They found her credible. You think it was funded by Soros or some s**t like that. Which is ludicrous because anything that was funded by Soros (lol) and coordinated with the democratic machine (lol) would've had witnesses lined up ready to talk and corroborate the story (lol). It would be a pretty dumbass thing to do to name people that you knew would be unable to corroborate the story.

I dont know the official name but its probably called positive reinforcement or something like that

If the evidence is vague... then its fake because it would have been stronger if true

If the evidence is rock solid... then its fake because its too perfect and is clear evidence of tampering and manipulation. Nothing true is that perfect

The right will go with whatever positively reinforces their beliefs and aims
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
October 10th, 2018 at 5:01:53 PM permalink

ALL evidence.

If there was a shred of a shred of a shred of a possibility of a fact, Justice Kananaugh would be sitting at home wondering how these lies ruined his spotless name.

Dopey Jeff Flake was LOOKING for a reason to be a traitor to this country, and even he couldn't find anything. He had hundreds if not thousands of liberals searching for ANYTHING.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
October 10th, 2018 at 5:04:14 PM permalink

For those of us who subscribe to the national credo and the rule of law, that is precisely why we have courts and evidence and, ideallistically,the resulting justice.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 5:17:11 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

Dopey Jeff Flake was LOOKING for a reason to be a traitor to this country.

No. He was looking for political cover and he found it.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 5:18:00 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

For those of us who subscribe to the national credo and the rule of law, that is precisely why we have courts and evidence and, ideallistically,the resulting justice.

Tell that to the Central Park 5. Trump has yet to apologize for calling for their assassination...WITH NO EVIDENCE.

Disgrace.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
October 10th, 2018 at 5:21:01 PM permalink

Just means she was authentic. If she had been planning this for, some here suggested for ten years, she would have the story and witnesses all lined up ahead of time. If Soros had been funding this and was coordinated with the democratic machine, again, as some here have suggested, it would be a pretty dumbass thing to do to name people that wouldn't corroborate the story, don't you think?

No. It looks like just more examples of arrogant ineptitude.

Quote: ]Steverinos

But hey, boofing means farting and devils triangle is a quarters game....in Trump land.

What do they mean in your land?
Last edited by: SanchoPanza on Oct 10, 2018
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
October 10th, 2018 at 5:35:32 PM permalink

Tell that to the Central Park 5. Trump has yet to apologize for calling for their assassination...WITH NO EVIDENCE.

When and where did Tump "call" for that?
petroglyph
petroglyph
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
October 10th, 2018 at 6:00:45 PM permalink

Disgrace.

Links?
darkoz
darkoz
October 10th, 2018 at 6:44:03 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

When and where did Tump "call" for that?

He took out ads in the local NYC newspapers calling for their deaths shortly after their arrests back in the 80's

They were later exonerated when the real culprit was found (using DNA evidence)

In an interview just a few years ago Trump said that was a travesty of justice. Even though the teenagers had no linking DNA he still wanted them executed
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
October 10th, 2018 at 7:33:11 PM permalink
Do a search in your favorite search engine for "Trump Central Park 5" and READ.
RS
RS
October 10th, 2018 at 7:55:06 PM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

Do a search in your favorite search engine for "Trump Central Park 5" and READ.

As the Ancient Hawaiians used to say, “Ye who maketh accusations, putteth forth thy evidence.”
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 7:58:55 PM permalink
It's already downgraded from assassinations to calling for their deaths, who'd have thought?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
October 10th, 2018 at 7:59:48 PM permalink
Quote: RS

As the Ancient Hawaiians used to say, “Ye who maketh accusations, putteth forth thy evidence.”

As we used to say in New York, "Fat Chance!" We shouldn't hold our breaths.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
petroglyphtringlomane
October 10th, 2018 at 9:11:43 PM permalink
Meant to say executions, not assassinations. Not the right choice of words. Sorry.

He was advocating for bringing the death penalty back to New York in response to the case. And when they were exonerated from DNA evidence, he refused to apologize.

My point has always been with Trump, he’s just not a decent human. He’s a jerk. And this is just another example of refusing to say when you’re wrong. It’s not a good look.
darkoz
darkoz
October 10th, 2018 at 9:40:32 PM permalink
How dare you say I am going to see a film when I tell you I am going to see a movie
rxwine
rxwine
October 10th, 2018 at 9:43:55 PM permalink
Quote:

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. on Wednesday referred more than a dozen judicial misconduct complaints filed recently against Brett M. Kavanaugh to a federal appeals court in Colorado.

The 15 complaints, related to statements Kavanaugh made during his Senate confirmation hearings, were initially filed with the federal appeals court in Washington, where Kavanaugh served for the last 12 years before his confirmation Saturday to the Supreme Court.

The allegations center on whether Kavanaugh was dishonest and lacked judicial temperament during his Senate testimony, according to people familiar with the matter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/roberts-refers-judicial-misconduct-complaints-against-kavanaugh-to-federal-appeals-court-in-colorado/ar-BBOcS2q?ocid=spartanntp
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 9:45:32 PM permalink

How dare you say I am going to see a film when I tell you I am going to see a movie

Lol well it was an honest mistake and I can see where there could be confusion.

Point remains. I would just love to see Trump admit that he was wrong about something, show some empathy, and apologize. It’s what I would expect from my president. It’s what I would expect from my neighbor.

And it’s what I expect of myself. If I’m wrong I say I’m wrong.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 12th, 2018 at 7:42:58 AM permalink

Lol well it was an honest mistake and I can see where there could be confusion.

Point remains. I would just love to see Trump admit that he was wrong about something, show some empathy, and apologize. It’s what I would expect from my president. It’s what I would expect from my neighbor.

And it’s what I expect of myself. If I’m wrong I say I’m wrong.

I do the same thing.

I just did a quick search of our last couple of Presidents and it doesn't seem like the first few pages of the searches (so it is not a full investigation, to be clear) reveal any apologies for being wrong, only for someone else being wrong...George H. W. Bush did apologize for touching women's bottoms...

Again...not a complete investigation...I am sure someone can find something that one of them apologized for that was a mistake on their part. I am just saying it looks they are rare or rarely reported on...
RS
RS
Thanked by
RogerKint
October 12th, 2018 at 7:55:09 AM permalink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA597Kn5iPk
Nathan
Nathan 
  • Threads: 66
October 12th, 2018 at 10:11:49 AM permalink
I am wondering if Ford anticipated that society would delve so deeply into HER past when she claimed he sexually assaulted her at the party 36 years ago. Ford isn't looking so good and has been reported to be a liar and a traitor who left her friend at a place where she knew she could be sexually assaulted.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 12th, 2018 at 10:36:05 AM permalink
So Obama didn't go on his famous "apology tour"? I'm glad we can finally put that one to bed! :)

Obama admitted several mistakes throughout his presidency. He said failing to prepare for Libya's aftermath was his worst mistake. He said that his administration initially underestimated ISIS. He admitted to being arrogant in his first couple of years of his first term. I guess he hasn't technically apologized for these things, but he's on the record admitting that he's not perfect.

Comparing both men's level of humility would be an interesting exercise. I don't think I would have the time or energy to comb through Trump's statements about how awesome he is.

To be honest, I had forgotten about the Trump apology for the Accesss Hollywood tape. I think he was put into a corner on that one. But I think it's worth pointing out that Trump has more to apologize for than his predecessor(s). Of course that is a matter of opinion, but it's a strong opinion I have with zero reservations. I could go on and on with inflammatory things he has called people, or things that he has said in the past, both before and after he was elected President, but you already know.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
October 12th, 2018 at 11:57:51 AM permalink

Meant to say executions, not assassinations. Not the right choice of words. Sorry.

He was advocating for bringing the death penalty back to New York in response to the case. And when they were exonerated from DNA evidence, he refused to apologize.

At the time of that attack, the NYC crime rate was skyrocketing under the worst Mayor in NYC history.

Trump was not alone in calling for the death penalty.

As for the CP5, they did it.

The limited DNA evidence taken at the crime scene, didn’t exonerate any of them. It only confirmed that Matias Reyes raped her.

Coulter

Wikipedia
  • Jump to: