Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 4th, 2018 at 11:23:36 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

This made me chuckle. I fail to see how this is a conservative/liberal issue.

It was all in the reactions and always is. Conservatives are more likely to respect the property of others.

Quote: billryan

When I had my Tesla, I'd park it in a far corner where others don't park. I'd inconvenience myself rather than expect others to make an accommodation for me. It's how I was raised.
In an empty parking lot, you chose a prime spot and don't want anyone near you.

It was a matter of she could have parked FIVE FEET OVER! FWIW even the girl at the counter said how rude and inconsiderate this woman was.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
Mission146
August 4th, 2018 at 11:49:10 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It was a matter of she could have parked FIVE FEET OVER! FWIW even the girl at the counter said how rude and inconsiderate this woman was.

I had the opposite experience before.

I drove a 1975 SS El Camino that had lived in Homer Ak. for 15 years, out in the wind swept sand and salt. The body was so thin, it was held together by the paint, and when I would get it up to 65 every so often, the wind would blow off small bits of metal and rust and an occasional piece of trim.

I loved parking in parking lots, with my huge doors that swung so far open, a cattle barn had nothing on it for size.

People would not park withing ten feet of me, it was hilarious. Everywhere I went, people gave me the right of way. In intersections most people would wait and let me go first. lol

Always had the oldest car anywhere I worked. Way it goes in Petro world.

The car did come with an SS 400/400 with posi. Amazing for what it would do in snow and ice. El Caminos of that vintage afaik, sweep the frame to the outside of the driver, the original "airbag". Steel protected the driver from side impact.
billryan
billryan
August 4th, 2018 at 12:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Bruce Lee said to park far away so you get some good exercise walking.

How'd that work out for him? I did that a lot in NY but it's too hot out here much of the year.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 4th, 2018 at 12:17:06 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

How'd that work out for him? I did that a lot in NY but it's too hot out here much of the year.

I do it all the time but also so I can pull thru and avoid backing up. Manage a fleet and you think about parking safely.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
Mission146
August 4th, 2018 at 12:50:24 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

However, the only argument that can be made to the extent that child-rearing is a social necessity is if one wants to argue that the perpetuation of human existence is a worthy goal in and of itself. I argue that it's probably not.

Thank you. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that doesn't understand the benefit of continuing human existence.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 4th, 2018 at 12:50:53 PM permalink

I forget what it is called. Down by the Nailers arena. Nice enough people, but when I ordered an iced coffee I swear they had to send Juan Valdez out to pick the beans.

I actually forgot about that one, so I wasn't even counting it in my numbers. I've never been there. My understanding is that place also supplies coffee to a bunch of the restaurants in and around Wheeling. Either way, I'm sure I've never been to that one, but I have meant to check it out and just never got around to it.

Quote:

Yes, at the bookstore. Technically it was a licensed location, so you got no stars. OTOH, half the time I got extra stamps for a free coffee. When they switched to an app, the girls at the counter let if not encouraged an extra "stamp" there as well. I think they liked the old guy coming in most days.

Out of the county now so it all matters not. No place near the current courthouse.

I don't know what you mean by, "Stars." My fiance' handles any promotional stuff, I'm only ever at a Starbucks when I'm with her. I'm really more of a straight coffee than a coffee drink guy, and to be honest, I think Starbucks' regular coffee sucks. I think Burger King has really good regular coffee, Seattle's Best, I believe. I usually just drink it at home. The only time I stop somewhere just for coffee is if I had to rush out and didn't have time to drink my customary half pot.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 4th, 2018 at 1:08:33 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Titanic type stuff is essentially about women being more valuable than men, which they are, in general.

Also why men are made for and used for wars.

Turns out women can create and nurture the next generation. In ancient times you needed women to average 5 babies to maintain the population.

You can make do if a bunch of men die. God will decide polygamy is ok. If you lose too many women you are toast.

It's not fair or unfair. It's not a big conspiracy. That's just how it is.

But I'm very glad I don't have to give birth 5 times.

One the other hand one theory is women are programmed to live longer because they can be useful as caregivers while old men just sit around yelling at the tv.

It's okay to me to believe whatever you want about what women or men can do, but to use it an excuse to support women not being able to attempt all the same things as men is not okay in my view.

I'm not saying you're saying that, just making that my own point.

As to RS posts about feminists. Are men better about double standards as a group? You act like all feminists have to be perfect examples. A standard men couldn't meet either.

edit= I should add that men or women can be feminists
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
August 4th, 2018 at 1:10:57 PM permalink
I regularly hear men say "I would never hit a woman". Should feminists be advocating that men should hit women as often as they hit men? I never hear them say that.
rxwine
rxwine
August 4th, 2018 at 1:24:21 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I regularly hear men say "I would never hit a woman". Should feminists be advocating that men should hit women as often as they hit men? I never hear them say that.

Do we want to go by what ever is the current common convention? At one time a man could beat his wife with little repercussions.

If they show a ctv event of a woman coming up to strike a man who is doing nothing but standing, is it legal to charge her with assault.

Sure is. At least in US.

You can complain the law is enforced unequally, but the law is what the law is, whether it's misused or not by bad rulings.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Mission146
August 4th, 2018 at 2:04:03 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I don't know what you mean by, "Stars." My fiance' handles any promotional stuff, I'm only ever at a Starbucks when I'm with her. I'm really more of a straight coffee than a coffee drink guy, and to be honest, I think Starbucks' regular coffee sucks. I think Burger King has really good regular coffee, Seattle's Best, I believe. I usually just drink it at home. The only time I stop somewhere just for coffee is if I had to rush out and didn't have time to drink my customary half pot.

Stars are sbux rewards program.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 4th, 2018 at 10:22:53 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

As to RS posts about feminists. Are men better about double standards as a group? You act like all feminists have to be perfect examples. A standard men couldn't meet either.

I don't know who is or isn't better about double standards, feminists vs non-feminists. But I don't see non-feminists projecting this insane idea of how 'equality' should be applied. What standard should men or non-feminists be held to? As far as feminists, if they're going to be shouting from the rooftops about equality or fixing the current "inequality", then they should do that for all inequalities....not just the ones that suit them best and ignore the other inequalities. It's the epitome of hypocrisy.
rxwine
rxwine
August 4th, 2018 at 11:28:19 PM permalink
Quote: RS

As far as feminists, if they're going to be shouting from the rooftops about equality or fixing the current "inequality", then they should do that for all inequalities....not just the ones that suit them best and ignore the other inequalities. It's the epitome of hypocrisy.

Is there any group that hasn't suffered from hypocrisy or been accused of it that does anything significant in the world? Everyone and everything from the Pope, to the Red Cross, to the Boy Scouts, and on and on. Even Santa Claus can't catch a break being portrayed as too white by some.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 5th, 2018 at 1:22:56 AM permalink

Is there any group that hasn't suffered from hypocrisy or been accused of it that does anything significant in the world? Everyone and everything from the Pope, to the Red Cross, to the Boy Scouts, and on and on. Even Santa Claus can't catch a break being portrayed as too white by some.

Okay...? That doesn't make feminists any less hypocritical, many being a scourge to gender equality. Not sure where the hypocrisy is with Santa Claus being (portrayed as) white.

Am I the only one who thinks it being called "feminism" is a bit odd? I mean, they're after equality (supposedly), aren't they? I bet every feminist would have their panties in a bunch if we tried to change the name to "masculinism".
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2018 at 5:57:40 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Okay...? That doesn't make feminists any less hypocritical, many being a scourge to gender equality.

There's nothing I can see hypocritical about the stated purpose of NOW. But so, if I can find wacky people in anything I can totally discredit them? Guess that takes care of all rightwing views that ever existed.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 6:40:15 AM permalink

There's nothing I can see hypocritical about the stated purpose of NOW.

Instead of their stated purpose, how about their behavior?

Remember when NOW stood up against the attacks on Sarah Palin in 2008 and since? Or Tim Tebow's mom for not aborting their him?

If so, can you please post a link?
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2018 at 10:36:40 AM permalink

And you'll be glad to do that with conservatives I bet. Define the whole movement by some hypocrisy incidents. Right now many conservatives give Trump a pass almost every day for behavior they would never tolerate in a Democrat. Don't deny it; as you'll need a nose job after it grows several meters.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 5th, 2018 at 10:37:34 AM permalink

Remember when NOW stood up against the attacks on Sarah Palin in 2008 and since? Or Tim Tebow's mom for not aborting their him?

If so, can you please post a link?

Neither of those parties supported NOW, either then or now, and often spoke in opposition to their goals. They both want religion-based government to dictate how women make their decisions. So why should NOW ever support their voices, when they are about silencing others?

You make the most bizarre arguments sometimes. They made their own choices. That is the POINT. NOW applauds that they have the freedom to make those choices. NOW works hard to ensure that every woman keeps those same rights.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 10:57:00 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Neither of those parties supported NOW, either then or now, and often spoke in opposition to their goals. They both want religion-based government to dictate how women make their decisions. So why should NOW ever support their voices, when they are about silencing others?

You make the most bizarre arguments sometimes. They made their own choices. That is the POINT. NOW applauds that they have the freedom to make those choices. NOW works hard to ensure that every woman keeps those same rights.

In other words, NOW will defend women as long as they love abortion?

I thought NOW was about equal rights for ALL women?

And you are calling my arguments bizarre? I call them pointing out the obvious to the partisanship blind.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 11:03:41 AM permalink

And you'll be glad to do that with conservatives I bet. Define the whole movement by some hypocrisy incidents. Right now many conservatives give Trump a pass almost every day for behavior they would never tolerate in a Democrat. Don't deny it; as you'll need a nose job after it grows several meters.

Doing as we were told in the 1990s and ignoring the POTUS private life.
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2018 at 11:55:59 AM permalink

I'm not sure Obama, GW Bush, and Clinton put together have conducted themselves as poorly in PUBLIC as Trump. And Trump's only 2 years in. And yes most of the right would be screaming loudly about the same things if it were Obama or Clinton.
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2018 at 12:02:39 PM permalink

Neither of those parties supported NOW, either then or now, and often spoke in opposition to their goals.

Not sure what attacks Duffman is referring to as far as Palin. Attacking any candidate for being too dumb is not a woman's issue at all. Dumb is equal opportunity.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 12:32:50 PM permalink

I'm not sure Obama, GW Bush, and Clinton put together have conducted themselves as poorly in PUBLIC as Trump. And Trump's only 2 years in. And yes most of the right would be screaming loudly about the same things if it were Obama or Clinton.

I haven’t seen Trump act poorly in public. Fighting a biased news media is not acting poorly.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 12:36:57 PM permalink

Not sure what attacks Duffman is referring to as far as Palin. Attacking any candidate for being too dumb is not a woman's issue at all. Dumb is equal opportunity.

Really? Did you sleep thru 2008? If Palin was a liberal the feminist groups would have been screaming. From attacking how she looked to to suggestions she should have aborted her child to claiming her daughter is as actually the mother. The list is a mile long.

Not one peep from the feminists about misogyny. Yet say anything about Hillary and the cries were deafening.
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2018 at 12:38:09 PM permalink

I haven’t seen Trump act poorly in public. Fighting a biased news media is not acting poorly.

I believe you also said Trump doesn't lie on another thread.

Eh. People are drinking ice water in Hell.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 5th, 2018 at 12:38:27 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I wonder why tampons/pads are subject to sales tax?

How are they not considered a necessity?

I don't know. They probably should be. I didn't even know stuff was exemp.
Its quite possible that this was an oversite or injustice by mostly male legislators. Such things certainly happen. We can always find individual examples. Sexism certainly exists.

But the "pink tax"on the whole is pretty clearly a fabrication. An example of people going out with a predetermined conclusion in their head and creating a false narrative to confirm their ideology.

It's scary in it's craziness. The idea that all of these companies have huge margins on womens products and maintain them via a price fixing conspiracy including thousands of companies in dozens of industries and that regulators don't care because they hate women is... Actually, a pretty good example of contemporary thought.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 5th, 2018 at 12:54:19 PM permalink

It's okay to me to believe whatever you want about what women or men can do, but to use it an excuse to support women not being able to attempt all the same things as men is not okay in my view.

I'm not saying you're saying that, just making that my own point.

I agree with this. I think women and men are as different cognitively and psychologically as physically. Our brain is just another part of our body, after all.

We also have different life cycles and roles, so what is rational is different for us. For example, what is more attractive? A doctor or high profile lawyer who is 40 or a good natured school teacher who is 27? If we want to impress the opposite sex, we need to do different things.

However, these are tendencies and in reality we are all over the map. Which is why life is interesting.

Even Plato said some women would be guardians, ie warriors.

Apart from stuff like allowing female fire fighters who can't do the job, everyone should be allowed to pursue their chosen field.
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2018 at 1:34:14 PM permalink

However, these are tendencies and in reality we are all over the map. Which is why life is interesting.

I believe most, probably all abilities and identifications are on actually on a bell curve. (not drawn from the controversial book however) And you can show it everywhere. For instance the extremely intelligent and the extremely unintelligent are fewer are on both ends of the curve. The bulk of everyone else is in between, Not dead down the middle but curving outward.

I'm not even sure sex preference is only 3 categories. You could probably categorize someone as more heterosexual than another heterosexual rather than just evaluate gays and bisexuals. Give two people who are both heterosexuals 200 questions determining how they answer in more defining sexual behavior ways may be able to distinguish between extreme heterosexuality, someone who is less so. (just a thought) For instance you might ask someone how long are they comfortable talking to another naked man at their gym with answers ranging from, "not at all" to "doesn't bother me" I don't know if that really breaks down sexual preference but you could probably find more or less people inclined to one extreme or the other in such a way.

Quote:

Even Plato said some women would be guardians, ie warriors.

Short men like Bugsy Malone weren't supposed to play pro-basketball successfully. And it's not that more short men should play basketball, but any who can meet the current challenge should, sure.

Quote:

Apart from stuff like allowing female fire fighters who can't do the job, everyone should be allowed to pursue their chosen field.

I believe in careful and fair evaluation of the job and the candidate. If you need to carry 100lbs to do a job, and that wasn't an arbitrary figure, then that's what you have to be able to do. In some cases some requirements may be more arbitrary and that should be challenged if so.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 2:29:22 PM permalink

I believe you also said Trump doesn't lie on another thread.

Eh. People are drinking ice water in Hell.

And I have heard people on these boards claim everything from he would resign by now to he will start a nuclear war with North Korea.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 5th, 2018 at 2:33:33 PM permalink

I love how delusional Trump supporters have become that they are forced to use the Clinton's as an example of why a politician shouldn't be held accountable for their lies.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 3:05:52 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

I love how delusional Trump supporters have become that they are forced to use the Clinton's as an example of why a politician shouldn't be held accountable for their lies.

Just following the standard liberals demanded be followed.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 5th, 2018 at 3:40:21 PM permalink

Just following the standard liberals demanded be followed.

Standard Liberalism is a great way to describe Trump and his supporters
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 4:16:26 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Standard Liberalism is a great way to describe Trump and his supporters

Ain’t the question.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 5th, 2018 at 4:21:43 PM permalink

I believe most, probably all abilities and identifications are on actually on a bell curve. (not drawn from the controversial book however) And you can show it everywhere. For instance the extremely intelligent and the extremely unintelligent are fewer are on both ends of the curve. The bulk of everyone else is in between, Not dead down the middle but curving outward.

I'm not even sure sex preference is only 3 categories. You could probably categorize someone as more heterosexual than another heterosexual rather than just evaluate gays and bisexuals. Give two people who are both heterosexuals 200 questions determining how they answer in more defining sexual behavior ways may be able to distinguish between extreme heterosexuality, someone who is less so. (just a thought) For instance you might ask someone how long are they comfortable talking to another naked man at their gym with answers ranging from, "not at all" to "doesn't bother me" I don't know if that really breaks down sexual preference but you could probably find more or less people inclined to one extreme or the other in such a way.

Short men like Bugsy Malone weren't supposed to play pro-basketball successfully. And it's not that more short men should play basketball, but any who can meet the current challenge should, sure.

I believe in careful and fair evaluation of the job and the candidate. If you need to carry 100lbs to do a job, and that wasn't an arbitrary figure, then that's what you have to be able to do. In some cases some requirements may be more arbitrary and that should be challenged if so.

There is a kinsey scale of 1-6, I believe, on how gay you are. Tough, I don't think being uptight about things makes you less gay. If anything, I'd say someone who is very apprehensive about same sex situations is more likely to be gay.

Or there are just other factors. I'm not used to being around random naked people, so I would be uncomfortable I think. In Finland it's normal to go have a totally nude sauna with your parents. Though they are an extremely shy and awkward people, the one thing they are comfortable with is the one thing we aren't.

It's also interesting to me how gay people often take on many traits of the other gender. Not just things like demeanor, but abilities.

For example, many top fashion designers and choreographers and people like that are gay men. They have the sense of aesthetics that usually women have.

The best female tournament poker player is/was Vanessa Selbst. Very interesting lady. She is a butch lesbian. She made the boys baseball team in high school, at the freshman level. She'll be the first to say that female players are usually not very good.

I wonder if there is a connection to her success at a game where you must simultaneously use multiple lines of logical reasoning has anything to do with her gayness. I'd wager it does and that she just has a more male brain.

I've seen several other lesbians who had some success at the lower levels.

Obviously there are other factors too. Most women, especially girly girls, have other interests and there are some complicated reasons for that. But basically, there are much more effective paths to attention, sex, money, desirable mates, friends, status and self-esteem boosts and we are all generally going to take the easiest path to those things.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
VCUSkyhawk
August 5th, 2018 at 4:39:05 PM permalink
This thread demonstrates pretty well why we are all going to be eaten by the lizard people.

1) Let's have a discussion about politics as a broad topic.

2) Here is a meaningless anecdote that touches some divisive, hot-button issues

3) Enter the politically mentally ill.

4) Sexual assault is ok when a guy in MY party does it, but not when the other guy does.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
AZDuffman
August 5th, 2018 at 4:49:29 PM permalink
Candace Owens mimics N.Y. Times' Sarah Jeong, gets suspended by Twitter:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/5/candace-owens-mimics-sarah-jeong-gets-suspended-tw/

Hmmmm, a conservative gets suspended while a liberal did not.

If liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standard at all.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
August 5th, 2018 at 6:36:53 PM permalink

This thread demonstrates pretty well why we are all going to be eaten by the lizard people.

1) Let's have a discussion about politics as a broad topic.

2) Here is a meaningless anecdote that touches some divisive, hot-button issues

3) Enter the politically mentally ill.

4) Sexual assault is ok when a guy in MY party does it, but not when the other guy does.

Exactly my thoughts. This thread is starting to devolve into the current Trump thread. That thread is not interesting to read much less contribute to. Lets get it back on track.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
August 5th, 2018 at 7:21:27 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Exactly my thoughts. This thread is starting to devolve into the current Trump thread. That thread is not interesting to read much less contribute to. Lets get it back on track.

I keep trying to make that thread on track. Does a lizard person look like the Gorn on Star Trek?
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
petroglyphHullabaloo
August 5th, 2018 at 7:38:14 PM permalink
I guess to be clear. There are some extreme conspiracy theories about "reptilians " they are some alien or inter dimensional race that rule and dominate us from within as they plunder the earth and its people, while twisting their minds. It is very fun to read about.

A lot of people use this term kind of facetiously. But the idea is that the story is pretty much true, other than them being lizard people.

It's the bushes. The Clintons. Soros and the Kochs. The rich and powerful who laugh as we argue about dumb internet controversies while they plan the next war and their kid gets a 7 figure job on wall street, watching cat videos on their phone, and your kids go $150k in debt to their firm, trying to get an education to land one of the vanishing middle class jobs.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 21st, 2018 at 1:23:26 PM permalink

Nobody.

Celebrates.

Abortion.

Oprah Winfrey Promotes “Shout Your Abortion” Movement Where Women Brag About Their Abortions
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
gamerfreakRigondeaux
August 21st, 2018 at 1:34:16 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

If liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standard at all.

Wait a minute, let me try something....

"If conservatives didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standard at all."

Hey, works that way, too! How 'bout that...

It's almost like political belief is completely irrelevant when it comes to whether or not someone has double standards.

But if y'all want to keep fanning the flames of division, you might as well admit you're part of the problem.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 21st, 2018 at 2:02:36 PM permalink

Oprah Winfrey Promotes “Shout Your Abortion” Movement Where Women Brag About Their Abortions

Written by single issue anti-abortion activists. No surprise there, in the headline or how they present it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 21st, 2018 at 2:16:53 PM permalink

Written by single issue anti-abortion activists. No surprise there, in the headline or how they present it.

They present it how it is. Having an abortion is how a modern feminist makes her bones and gets respect of other feminists.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2019 at 3:08:12 AM permalink
For those who still say the feminists do not celebrate abortion, this is sick!

This is what feminism is teaching young girls?

WATCH: Students Dance Around, Mock Cemetery For The Unborn: 'Look, There's Mine Right There!'
Last edited by: AZDuffman on May 2, 2019
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
bobbartop
May 2nd, 2019 at 4:22:34 AM permalink
Birmingham, Alabama State Rep. John Rogers says “some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now or you kill them later. You bring them in the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now or you kill them later”.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 2nd, 2019 at 7:59:03 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Birmingham, Alabama State Rep. John Rogers says “some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now or you kill them later. You bring them in the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now or you kill them later”.

Surprising clarity from the deep south. Country blunt. There's hope yet.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
May 2nd, 2019 at 9:01:47 AM permalink

WATCH: Students Dance Around, Mock Cemetery For The Unborn: 'Look, There's Mine Right There!'

Let me see if I can remember this correctly. About ten years ago maybe, we had something on the ballot in California. I remember following results the next day and seeing the percentages by county. It had to do with being able to give your 12 year old daughter an abortion without the parents being notified. Seriously. So a counselor at school could recommend or drag your daughter to the clinic, without even telling the parents and get your daughter an abortion. The measure lost, I'm pretty sure, but I remember looking at the results from the San Francisco area and they voted 82% in favor.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
bobbartop
May 2nd, 2019 at 9:56:19 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Let me see if I can remember this correctly. About ten years ago maybe, we had something on the ballot in California. I remember following results the next day and seeing the percentages by county. It had to do with being able to give your 12 year old daughter an abortion without the parents being notified. Seriously. So a counselor at school could recommend or drag your daughter to the clinic, without even telling the parents and get your daughter an abortion. The measure lost, I'm pretty sure, but I remember looking at the results from the San Francisco area and they voted 82% in favor.

I would like to see if we could compare how many favored that measure yet favor raising the tobacco and firearms purchase age to 21?
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
ams288
May 2nd, 2019 at 10:01:56 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I don't care if they notify the parents but I hope they notify the police when a 12yo gets pregnant.
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 2nd, 2019 at 10:37:16 AM permalink

I would like to see if we could compare how many favored that measure yet favor raising the tobacco and firearms purchase age to 21?

The same schools probably need parental consent to give your kid aspirin.

Pretty sure it was a statewide measure so it probably was defeated. I should look it up so I sound half-way intelligent when speaking about it. Had to be at least ten years ago. But this is a good argument for why California might want to divide into three different states. The coastal parts, Los Angeles area, and San Francisco area are very extreme, but the rest of the state is actually pretty normal.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 2nd, 2019 at 10:42:12 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I saw this article yesterday. Just to be clear, there's a "D" next to his name. Just sayin.
  • Jump to: