Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 10th, 2018 at 7:49:02 AM permalink
Donald just tweeted his meeting with Kim Jong Un will happen June 12th in Singapore.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 10th, 2018 at 7:49:06 AM permalink
The tentative location and date of the North Korea summit is June 12 in Singapore....

Didn't some of y'all make bets about whether or not Trump and Kim would meet by the end of the year? Might have to get your money ready! Haha...
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 10th, 2018 at 8:14:53 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

The tentative location and date of the North Korea summit is June 12 in Singapore....

Didn't some of y'all make bets about whether or not Trump and Kim would meet by the end of the year? Might have to get your money ready! Haha...

Fake news :)))
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 10th, 2018 at 8:16:57 AM permalink

yup
That's me
Count me surprised
Hoping for a coup :-)
I'm sure Boz is thrilled with this news
Whats a 100 bucks when we can have peace
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 10:05:33 AM permalink
Donald threw a hissy fit when he didn't win an Emmy for The Apprentice.

How upset will he be when he doesn't get the Nobel Peace Prize that he clearly wants so desperately?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 10th, 2018 at 10:08:03 AM permalink
If he succeeds in getting NK to surrender their nukes, I will buy him a Nobel prize in the unlikely event he doesn't get a real one.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 10th, 2018 at 10:13:27 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

yup
That's me
Count me surprised
Hoping for a coup :-)
I'm sure Boz is thrilled with this news
Whats a 100 bucks when we can have peace

I never count a bet as a winner until it actually wins. And if, and it’s still a big if, they get a legitimate deal, we all win. But I think we all are skeptical of any deal unless it has enforceable inspections.

That all said, it’s nice to see something most Americans approve of according to a new CNN poll. Which may or may not be Fake News😀

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/politics/cnn-poll-north-korea-trump-approval-rises/index.html
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 10th, 2018 at 10:17:03 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

I never count a bet as a winner until it actually wins. And if, and it’s still a big if, they get a legitimate deal, we all win. But I think we all are skeptical of any deal unless it has enforceable inspections.

That all said, it’s nice to see something most Americans approve of according to a new CNN poll. Which may or may not be Fake News😀

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/politics/cnn-poll-north-korea-trump-approval-rises/index.html

Trump admitted yesterday that he considers negative news coverage of him as fake. By that definition alone, this is not fake, lol.

What's funny to me is when Obama said he would sit down with dictators without pre-conditions, he was ridiculed and called naive. Now, when Trump is doing it, those same people that criticized Obama are celebrating it.
Boz
Boz
May 10th, 2018 at 10:21:50 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Trump admitted yesterday that he considers negative news coverage of him as fake. By that definition alone, this is not fake, lol.

What's funny to me is when Obama said he would sit down with dictators without pre-conditions, he was ridiculed and called naive. Now, when Trump is doing it, those same people that criticized Obama are celebrating it.

To be fair, we don’t know what, if any, conditions were negotiated before this meeting. But I am more with you in that we can assume he doesn’t.

But this is no different from both parties talking out both sides of their mouth based on the President at the time. Easy to find an issue almost every politician has been against before they were in favor of it.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 10th, 2018 at 10:29:24 AM permalink

Here's the video you're looking for.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
Romes
May 10th, 2018 at 10:41:49 AM permalink

Here's the video you're looking for.

Thank you. I hadn't seen this.

The Republican Party is currently demonstrating what the height of hypocrisy looks like on a variety of issues.
wellwellwell
wellwellwell
  • Threads: 0
May 10th, 2018 at 10:51:05 AM permalink

Except Trump said there are no pre-conditions. Rocketman is gonna give up his nukes either by agreement or force.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 10th, 2018 at 11:03:33 AM permalink
Quote: wellwellwell

Except Trump said there are no pre-conditions. Rocketman is gonna give up his nukes either by agreement or force.

Umm, that's exactly what Obama said.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 10th, 2018 at 11:47:01 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

But so far every prediction that Avenatti has made has happened. Sounds like he knows something. I'll wait while you find some text on a website to respond with.

Except that neither he nor the acolytes can reconcile the glaring disparity between the testimony three weeks ago and the supposed news this week. Isn't it not surprising how stories are changed without any recognition of defective past testmony.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 10th, 2018 at 11:53:21 AM permalink
Waiting for the Left to somehow claim Trump getting the hostages released is a bad thing
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 10th, 2018 at 11:58:19 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

*EXCERPT*And he's inside Cohen's document seizure as an interested party. So he knows things we don't, yet.

Babs - I love ya but, that is not how this works - parties to civil litigation to do not have access to ongoing Federal criminal investigation materials
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 12:07:46 PM permalink
More interesting every day. Avenatti might
just be a political ringer.

Who is paying Michael Avenatti?

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/387088-who-is-paying-michael-avenatti

From the beginning, this has been fishy. Daniels’s previous lawyer advised her to stick to her agreements. In contrast, Avenatti OK’d her violating with impunity her nondisclosure agreement on 60 Minutes despite a binding arbitration judgment against her. She has acknowledged on Twitter that she is not paying for her lawyer. So who is? And did he indemnify her against all multimillion-dollar penalties?

But this release of a “report” by Avenatti also raises the question of where and how did he get this detailed financial information because he didn’t find it on Google. This is the kind of information that would have been known only by the Treasury Department, his banks or by prosecutors, raising some serious questions about what kind of operation Avenatti is running. Is there a team of people digging this up? Are they paying off sources? Is Fusion GPS involved? Are there political donors behind making this campaign work? He can’t be both an attorney and then participate as an officer of the court in trafficking illegally obtained information.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 12:14:49 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Except that neither he nor the acolytes can reconcile the glaring disparity between the testimony three weeks ago and the supposed news this week. Isn't it not surprising how stories are changed without any recognition of defective past testmony.

Are you asking us why Cohens lawyers perjured themselves and said they only had three clients? That is between them and the courts.
It may well be true, though, as most of his clients seem to have ditched him.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 10th, 2018 at 12:21:21 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

More interesting every day. Avenatti might
just be a political ringer.

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/387088-who-is-paying-michael-avenatti

From the beginning, this has been fishy. Daniels’s previous lawyer advised her to stick to her agreements. In contrast, Avenatti OK’d her violating with impunity her nondisclosure agreement on 60 Minutes despite a binding arbitration judgment against her. She has acknowledged on Twitter that she is not paying for her lawyer. So who is? And did he indemnify her against all multimillion-dollar penalties?

But this release of a “report” by Avenatti also raises the question of where and how did he get this detailed financial information because he didn’t find it on Google. This is the kind of information that would have been known only by the Treasury Department, his banks or by prosecutors, raising some serious questions about what kind of operation Avenatti is running. Is there a team of people digging this up? Are they paying off sources? Is Fusion GPS involved? Are there political donors behind making this campaign work? He can’t be both an attorney and then participate as an officer of the court in trafficking illegally obtained information.

Gotta love an "article" that asks more questions than provides information. Fusion GPS...lol. At least it checked the standard conservative "it must be a conspiracy" box.

There's a few logical explanations about how he could've gotten this information. Suspicious Activity Reports is one that's totally plausible.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-did-michael-avenatti-get-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-bank-information-2018-5
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 12:29:35 PM permalink
Quoting a hit piece by disgruntled former Clinton aid and hoping it somehow passes as fact.
Let me guess. The Russians did it. Putin is paying the tab.
ams288
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 12:42:04 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Defective past testimony from COHEN'S lawyers.

Why are you trying to act like that's Avenatti's fault? Are you confused?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 10th, 2018 at 12:42:34 PM permalink

Is he taking donations? I'll send something.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 10th, 2018 at 12:44:26 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Waiting for the Left to somehow claim Trump getting the hostages released is a bad thing

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I don't think anybody is upset that hostages are being freed.

The worst I've seen from the left is mild criticism that Trump isn't working hard enough to get other Americans freed being held hostage in other parts of the world, but nobody is upset about the N. Korean hostages.
ams288
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 12:50:23 PM permalink

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not a Russian oligarch.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 10th, 2018 at 12:55:09 PM permalink

Babs - I love ya but, that is not how this works - parties to civil litigation to do not have access to ongoing Federal criminal investigation materials

I said he didn't have investigator access. But he was admitted to the case with standing because of the NDA being negotiated by him and the money being paid by him
What that means in practical terms I'm not pretending to know, but he's being allowed to see and hear some things that we aren't. That's all I'm saying.
It was a ruling the judge made that Friday maybe a month ago that let him in there when they revealed who Cohen's 3 clients were.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 10th, 2018 at 12:55:40 PM permalink
Rush says about the Penn article:

"Mark Penn suspects the same thing is happening here, that this is a nothing burger, that in accordance with the media — complicit with the media — it’s turning a Stormy Daniels story that’s about nothing into something that makes it look like Trump’s lawyer was colluding with Russia to help Trump."

And now it's unraveling, as of course it
had too. Oh well..
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 10th, 2018 at 12:56:01 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not a Russian oligarch.

I heard he's being paid with Clinton Foundation Pizzagate Slush Fund money and travel vouchers for the Lolita Express.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
gamerfreakams288Romes
May 10th, 2018 at 12:56:43 PM permalink

Rush says

Sorry, I stopped reading here.
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 1:10:02 PM permalink
Rudy G stepping down from his real job. Hopefully, this allows him to work on trumps case fulltime.
ams288
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 1:12:33 PM permalink

And now it's unraveling, as of course it
had too. Oh well..

It's unraveling for Trump and Cohen. Not sure why you seem giddy about that, they're on your side.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
RS
May 10th, 2018 at 1:17:17 PM permalink

It's unraveling for Trump and Cohen. Not sure why you seem giddy about that, they're on your side.

Because one would be hard pressed to find anything political you have said in the past 4 years that has turned out correct. You begged Trump to run, begged the GOP to nominate him and have been wrong about him every since. But I give you credit, you keep trying and he keeps getting more popular.

And you still can’t come up with one thing he has done that has personally hurt you.
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 1:27:59 PM permalink

Rush says

Yawn. Another copy and paste from EB
I get you can't figure out the news yourself so you turn to Rush.
A lot intelligent people on this board the dont need Rush to explain things like you do.
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 1:28:46 PM permalink
Perhaps he thinks more about the good of the country than pocketing a few extra bucks. Some people are like that. Damn dreamers.
Some of us remember when "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country " was a mantra we, as a people, actually lived by. Some of us still do. Too many others have been seduced by "greed is good" and other such nonsense.
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 1:29:52 PM permalink

ALL Americans appreciate freedom regardless of politics
rxwine
rxwine
May 10th, 2018 at 1:31:23 PM permalink

Because one would be hard pressed to find anything political you have said in the past 4 years that has turned out correct. You begged Trump to run, begged the GOP to nominate him and have been wrong about him every since. But I give you credit, you keep trying and he keeps getting more popular.

Once in awhile the long shot wins the horse race. Most people get it wrong, in fact. I don't think anyone but long shot bettors would have bet on Trump.

In fact, I see no reason, to change up expectations based on long shots coming in once in awhile.

Perhaps changing up expectations on Trump is in order because he is a specific case. But then again, we have yet to see what happens in the midterms.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 1:33:28 PM permalink

But I give you credit, you keep trying and he keeps getting more popular.

Has Trumps approval ever been over 50%
Has he ever gotten more the 50% of the vote
No
No
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 1:33:41 PM permalink

You begged Trump to run, begged the GOP to nominate him and have been wrong about him every since.

That's why this is so much fun. Ams laughed
and laughed and BEGGED Trump every step
of the way to run against Hillary. He's the most
politically wrong person I've ever encountered,
yet he keeps going like he's always right. He's
the frat house pledge in Animal House, bending
over and yelling "Thank you sir! Give me another!"
Very entertaining.
rxwine
rxwine
May 10th, 2018 at 1:37:12 PM permalink

He's the most
politically wrong person I've ever encountered,

All your mirrors are broken?
ams288
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 1:38:33 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

All your mirrors are broken?

EB once lectured me for not disappearing in shame like he did after he was dead wrong about the 2012 election.
ams288
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 1:42:03 PM permalink

But I give you credit, you keep trying and he keeps getting more popular.

Heck, if you're lucky, he might even hit 50% approval some day! (in a poll that doesn't come from Rasmussen).
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 10th, 2018 at 1:47:54 PM permalink
It really is a good question. Who the heck
is paying the Dem operative, a former Rahm
Emanual stooge, Avenatti? The over the
hill hooker/lap dancer/porn star can't afford
Avenatti's dry cleaning bill, let alone his attorney
fee's. So who's footing the bill, George Soros?
The Clinton Foundation?

It'll come out and great fun will be had when
it does.
ams288
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 1:51:32 PM permalink

It really is a good question. Who the heck
is paying the Dem operative, a former Rahm
Emanual stooge, Avenatti? The over the
hill hooker/lap dancer/porn star can't afford
Avenatti's dry cleaning bill, let alone his attorney
fee's. So who's footing the bill, George Soros?
The Clinton Foundation?

It'll come out and great fun will be had when
it does.

Rachel Maddow asked him this question directly last night on her show.
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 1:54:20 PM permalink
Does CNN pay him a fee for appearing? I don't quite get the line between contributors like Jeffery Lord ,who was paid, and ones who come on the show for free. Perhaps Avenatti is doing it on behalf of a grateful nation, perhaps someone is paying him.
It's kind of difficult to say to ignore the facts of who paid Cohen while harping on if someone is paying Avi?
I know who wishes he had paid him. That would be Trump.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 10th, 2018 at 1:54:53 PM permalink

She’s the dude that was crying on election night, right? 😹
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 1:55:09 PM permalink

For the majority of us who didn't see it, what was his answer?
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 1:58:28 PM permalink
Uh oh. While FOX and MS are up in
viewers for the first week in May
compared to a year ago, CNN,
the 'All Skanky Daniels All the Time'
network, is down 23%.

"A porn star and her ambulance chaser lawyer have become CNN’s assignment editors to the point of absurdity."

lol
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 10th, 2018 at 1:58:42 PM permalink
Quote: RS

No that was Melania.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 10th, 2018 at 2:00:22 PM permalink
Quote: RS

That's the guy. Snuffling and snorting back
the tears, Rachel was..
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 10th, 2018 at 2:03:46 PM permalink

he keeps getting more popular.

No, he isn't.

His popularity rating is fairly stagnant, and he's literally the least popular President since approval ratings were first kept track of.

Source
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 2:05:16 PM permalink

Uh oh. While FOX and MS are up in
viewers for the first week in May
compared to a year ago, CNN,
the 'All Skanky Daniels All the Time'
network, is down 23%.

Haha... Nobody in this forum cares as much about CNN as you do, EB....
  • Jump to: