Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 10th, 2018 at 2:07:33 PM permalink
I missed the show.

Who was paying Trump in 2015-16 to be on all the same shows? Nobody. And yet it was reported the value of all that free time was in excess of a billion dollars. He was calling at least once a week on Morning Joe, for several months, when his polls were still in single digits. They would give him a half hour or more to just talk his head off, anything he wanted.

So why would anyone need to be paying for Michael Avenatti? He's probably multiplied his net worth 100 times just by what he's done so far and the exposure he's getting. 6 weeks ago it was Michael Who? Now he's gonna have huge cases fall in his lap for the rest of his career. And it's a perfect social climate for his type of lawyering. He's nowhere to the 21st century F Lee Bailey.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 10th, 2018 at 2:18:27 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

No, he isn't.

His popularity rating is fairly stagnant, and he's literally the least popular President since approval ratings were first kept track of.

Source

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/09/politics/cnn-poll-generic-ballot-narrows/index.html

Somehow I don’t think the GOP Congress is responsible for this gap closing. But you can credit Trump or just blame Democrats for being so out of touch. Your call.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 10th, 2018 at 2:23:29 PM permalink
Quote: RS

She’s the dude that was crying on election night, right? 😹

She's the dude? Leave Doug Selbst and Vanessa Polk out of this!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 10th, 2018 at 2:25:11 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

No, he isn't.

His popularity rating is fairly stagnant, and he's literally the least popular President since approval ratings were first kept track of.

Source

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/09/politics/cnn-poll-generic-ballot-narrows/index.html

Somehow I don’t think the GOP Congress is responsible for this gap closing. But you can credit Trump or just blame Democrats for being so out of touch. Your call.

Honestly, I blame the Democrats. They've been riding on a wave of "Trump sucks" for months, and that strategy has started to falter. So there ya go.

I'll say it again: Trump's approval rating is fairly stagnant, and he's the least popular President in almost a century (when we first started tracking approval).

However, I predict he'll get a boost if this whole Korea thing goes through. If he could just learn to keep his mouth shut, his rating would be much higher.

EDIT: Lawyer tied to Trump campaign reports to prison. Someone should tell the judge this is just a big nothingburger and I'm sure they'll set him free. EDIT 2: Guess that's old news and happened on Monday.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 10th, 2018 at 2:58:51 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

For the majority of us who didn't see it, what was his answer?

Avenati stated he received a "Minimus" payment from stormy and the rest is coming from crowdsourcing gofundme accounts or something akin to that

He stressed NO payments from democratic party operatives or organizations. Purely individuals through crowdsourcing

Probably explains his need to be so outspoken as that generates the constant monetary stream

Rxwine said a few posts back if Avenati was looking for donations sign him up. So heres your chance Rxwine
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2018 at 3:03:19 PM permalink
My prediction for NK and Trump

A North Korean Nuclear Arms deal will be struck wherein:

NK agrees to dismantle their nuclear weapons R & D

Allows international inspectors to come periodically to check

In return they get a massive influx of cash and US sanctions lifted

Trump touts how original this deal is. Only he could have thought of it not like Obama and that terrible Iran Nuclear Arms deal

If you cant see the irony here you are definitely a Republican
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 10th, 2018 at 3:04:48 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

She's the dude?

Sure, Rachel Madcow is a guy, just
watch him sometime. An ugly guy.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 10th, 2018 at 3:05:11 PM permalink
From what it looks like, you can donate to the whore here: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/stormy/
RS
RS
May 10th, 2018 at 3:07:09 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Trump touts how original this deal is. Only he could have thought of it not like Obama and that terrible Iran Nuclear Arms deal

That's pretty close to a strawman argument, if not already.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 10th, 2018 at 3:07:38 PM permalink
Just get Daniels and Trump on a polygraph test!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 3:08:02 PM permalink
Time for my weekly Trump reminder to the Dems/Libs. He is nasty, boorish, immature. That is who he was while RUNNING for office. America was well aware. You think Mr. Voter in a state that mattered wasn't aware of his infidelity? Or his pussy grabbing nature? Or his demeaning tweets?
So NO ONE cares who used .001% of his net worth to cover up an affair. Mr. Voter in swing state DOES NOT CARE that conspiracy theorist Dems keep shouting Russia! The small tax cut middle America will see is a CUT nonetheless. The improving economy is palpable. Whether Trump is actually the reason for any of the good things is open to debate. But the people who voted for him, or someone not named HRC, like me, are still happy it's not HRC. Is there a single poster here who believes HRC would be meeting with KJU? Is there a single poster here who believes that our borders would be more secure with HRC than DJT?
Advice to Dems. Point out what a Dem would be doing better than DJT. And acting like an adult unfortunately doesn't seem to matter.
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2018 at 3:08:30 PM permalink

That's pretty close to a strawman argument, if not already.

What did you say? Its pretty close to the truth?
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2018 at 3:12:53 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Time for my weekly Trump reminder to the Dems/Libs. He is nasty, boorish, immature. That is who he was while RUNNING for office. America was well aware. You think Mr. Voter in a state that mattered wasn't aware of his infidelity? Or his pussy grabbing nature? Or his demeaning tweets?
So NO ONE cares who used .001% of his net worth to cover up an affair. Mr. Voter in swing state DOES NOT CARE that conspiracy theorist Dems keep shouting Russia! The small tax cut middle America will see is a CUT nonetheless. The improving economy is palpable. Whether Trump is actually the reason for any of the good things is open to debate. But the people who voted for him, or someone not named HRC, like me, are still happy it's not HRC. Is there a single poster here who believes HRC would be meeting with KJU? Is there a single poster here who believes that our borders would be more secure with HRC than DJT?
Advice to Dems. Point out what a Dem would be doing better than DJT. And acting like an adult unfortunately doesn't seem to matter.

Thankfully the stormy daniels issue isnt about the voters

Its about criminality including money laundering and campaign finance violations

Dems dont care what the hick voters want. If trump falls due to exposed criminality its probably a better result. All those base supporters losing anyway when all their presidents men go to jail

Classic!

EDIT: Trump and his team are making it easy too. Forget bread crumbs theyre leaving behind the yellow brick road and it will all lead to that fake Wizard of Oz..ahem... Trump
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 10th, 2018 at 3:16:58 PM permalink

Thankfully the stormy daniels issue isnt about the voters

Its about criminality including money laundering and campaign finance violations

Dems dont care what the hick voters want. If trump falls due to exposed criminality its probably a better result. All those base supporters losing anyway when all their presidents men go to jail

Classic!

And the above post might be correct. "Dems don't care what hick voters want". And Dems were stupid enough to follow that concept in 2016. Thus Repub President, second worst candidate in history. Repub Senate. And Repub house. So what do the Dems do? Talk about Stormy, Russia, pee tape, etc.... Brilliant strategists following the same script....
RS
RS
May 10th, 2018 at 3:17:16 PM permalink

What did you say? Its pretty close to the truth?

TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 3:17:47 PM permalink

From what it looks like, you can donate to the whore here: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/stormy/

Trump sure is fond of "whores," eh? Stormy, Melania, The Russian Pee Chicks....

I guess when you look like him, you have to pay for it.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 10th, 2018 at 3:26:20 PM permalink
Does anyone really believe putting Trump and Kim in the same room is going to result in anything getting done? In his desperation for a win, what will DJT give up without realizing it? Will he withdraw SK from our nuclear umbrella if that is the price? Japan? Guam?
He's already said he wants to bring the troops out of SK. Is Japan next?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 10th, 2018 at 3:29:48 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I've said it before, but all those people who don't care about what a terrible person he is are simply setting themselves up for failure the next time a Democrat President comes along and does something even remotely questionable. They will have zero room for criticism.

Quote:

The improving economy is palpable.

Yes, it is. But it's been palpably improving for a good 9 years now. Trump gets credit for not ruining that, but I've always thought the President has very little effect on the economy to begin with.

Quote:

Is there a single poster here who believes HRC would be meeting with KJU?

Possibly, but not as likely. I think Trump merely accelerated what was going to happen anyway at some point.

Quote:

Is there a single poster here who believes that our borders would be more secure with HRC than DJT?

MORE secure? Definitely AS secure. Certainly not worse.

Quote:

Advice to Dems. Point out what a Dem would be doing better than DJT.

Foreign policy. We'd certainly be on better terms with the EU. And probably Iran. NK would probably be about the same.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
May 10th, 2018 at 3:42:00 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I should only hope to live my life being as wrong as Avenatti.

You can do better than that.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-10/avenatti-exposed-stormys-lawyer-may-face-disbarrment-legal-action-past-catches
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 10th, 2018 at 3:45:32 PM permalink

The tentative location and date of the North Korea summit is June 12 in Singapore....

Didn't some of y'all make bets about whether or not Trump and Kim would meet by the end of the year? Might have to get your money ready! Haha...

You would think they would be used to being wrong about their crazy Trump predictions after 2 years now.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 10th, 2018 at 3:50:50 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-10/avenatti-exposed-stormys-lawyer-may-face-disbarrment-legal-action-past-catches

I don't care who, but once all these scandals involving Trump are all said and done with, there better be a lot of people going to jail.

Otherwise it will be so anticlimactic!
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2018 at 3:50:53 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

You would think they would be used to being wrong about their crazy Trump predictions after 2 years now.

Actually I predicted he would be the worst president in history and so far I have been correct
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 10th, 2018 at 4:00:25 PM permalink

I've said it before, but all those people who don't care about what a terrible person he is are simply setting themselves up for failure the next time a Democrat President comes along and does something even remotely questionable. They will have zero room for criticism.

Like the Dems can't criticize Trump for having an affair after how they gave Clinton a pass on actual sexual harassment in the Oval Office?
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 10th, 2018 at 4:08:47 PM permalink

Like the Dems can't criticize Trump for having an affair after how they gave Clinton a pass on actual sexual harassment in the Oval Office?

And that backfired on the Right.
Clinton's popularity went thru
the roof during Monica, just like
Trump's is on the rise the more
they talk about Skanky and the
rest of it. We love stuff like this
as Americans, it makes a leader
seem human.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 10th, 2018 at 4:12:22 PM permalink

You are the one that gives Trump a pass
I give no pass to sickos
Trump is a sicko just like that sicko Bill Clinton
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 4:18:24 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

the roof

Life is strange
EB compliments Bill Clinton where I really don't like the guy because he was a sexual predator
EB watches lots of CNN. I only watch Robin Mead in the morning. (she's hot)

Clinton did well because the economy did well and he didn't act like an a**hole
Trump could be popular because the economy is doing well but he acts like an a**hole
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2018 at 4:20:54 PM permalink

I dont have a problem with either clinton or trump cheating on their wives. Has nothing to do with running the country

But this stormy daniels thing is exposing money laundering and pay to play and probably a number of other criminal enterprises including russian collusion

That is a problem
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 10th, 2018 at 4:20:55 PM permalink
It is painfully obvious at this point that Trump and his organization are corrupt. We don't quite know how yet, but I think we're going to get there. There's too much money flowing around from Russian oligarchs (banks in the United States quit doing business with him) for it not to be a coincidence. Their stories change on a daily basis. And if Trump was clean, ALL HE WOULD HAVE TO DO IS RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS TO PUT AN END TO ALL OF THIS.

Now, the GOP might not care that he's a corrupt individual, but they should at least admit to it.
Last edited by: Steverinos on May 10, 2018
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 10th, 2018 at 4:28:22 PM permalink

the roof during Monica, just like
Trump's is on the rise the more
they talk about Skanky and the
rest of it. We love stuff like this
seem human.

And all Democrats seem to be running on is "We will impeach on the charge that we do not like him!"

That plays to the crazy base, but rational people are not going to go for it so much. Economy booming like it has not in over 10 years, people notice that. How many her and elsewhere predicted that the NK meeting would not happen? (Well, same lefties said Trump would no-show for the second debate!) The modern parallel is Reagan/Gorby. Reagan was re-elected by then, but those summits made him look just great. Jury still out, but if it is even half successful, imagine how well the "We will impeach because we do not like him!" line will work.

Maxine Waters might have to check in to the nut house.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 10th, 2018 at 5:00:34 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

The article says "Avenatti may face disbarrment (sic)."

That's like saying "Trump may face impeachment."

It means absolutely nothing.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 5:04:36 PM permalink

And all Democrats seem to be running on is "We will impeach on the charge that we do not like him!"

????????????
Lets look at Alabama
A Dem won the last senate race in Alabama.
Incredible
He never mentioned impeachment
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 10th, 2018 at 5:16:26 PM permalink

Jury still out, but if it is even half

I keep hearing that, Trump is naive,
Trump is a sucker. But Trump
constantly says he will walk out
of the meeting if there is even
a whiff that he's being played.

At this point I find it hard to believe
Kim will not be dropping his pants
all the way. It has something to do
with his sister getting all that adoration
at the Olympics. They really liked
that and have figured out they can
be billionaires in 10 years if they
just kiss enough ass now and change
their strategy. Koreans are in the high
IQ percentile, they are as far from stupid
as you can get.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
May 10th, 2018 at 5:20:07 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It is painfully obvious at this point that Trump and his organization are corrupt. We don't quite know how yet,...

Well, there you have it, Don't know how, or what, but he's got to be guilty of something.

I get it. But having been falsely accused, and knowing how bad it sucked, I am willing to wait until something illegal is proved before convicting anyone.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 10th, 2018 at 5:20:53 PM permalink
Stormy Daniel’s Lawyer is a Scam Artist…Could be Disbarred

Stormy Daniel’s lawyer, Michael Avenatti has a history of being a little less than honest and I might be the only person in America that’s not suing him or investigating him for embezzlement. His investment company bought Tully’s Coffee five years ago in an auction for 9.1 million dollars and it’s been all downhill since. Tully’s is now involved in 50 state and federal complaints. He is involved in commercial lawsuits, breach of lease actions and warrants for unpaid taxes. He is accused of raiding the withholding tax fund and dipping into company funds to the tune of 100k to pay lawyers for defense of his law firm.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 10th, 2018 at 5:29:51 PM permalink
Dang. The righties are obsessed with Avenatti.

Shows how effective he's been.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 5:34:36 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Dang. The righties are obsessed with Avenatti.

Shows how effective he's been.

He's in Trumps head. He's in conservative's heads
The guy is a relentless attack dog
Trump probably wishes he had him on his team.
Instead Trump is stuck with bench warmer Giuliani

Gee, if I needed a lawyer and had to pick between Avenatti and Giuliani.
Its a no brainer who I would pick.
1MatterToMotion
1MatterToMotion
  • Threads: 0
May 10th, 2018 at 5:36:20 PM permalink

We love stuff like this
seem human.

I think that you mean a loser. And more like the rest of the Americans.
Never make a bet that you wouldn't take, yourself.
RS
RS
May 10th, 2018 at 6:28:21 PM permalink
Wow, libs going crazy over Trump!
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 6:32:08 PM permalink

Wow, libs going crazy over Trump!

Yea, I will give you that
Going crazy over Kanye, that's laughable
Trump, well yea.
Come on
Conservatives went crazy over Obama
So vice versa is true
Just the way it is :-)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 10th, 2018 at 6:36:58 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

????????????
Lets look at Alabama
A Dem won the last senate race in Alabama.
Incredible
He never mentioned impeachment

Any normal Republican would have won that race by 20 points. Unfortunately a minority of wackos nominationed a pervert. And yes we have them too, you are not the only party with Bernies, Kamala’s and Kim Chee’s.
RS
RS
May 10th, 2018 at 6:45:53 PM permalink

Yea, I will give you that
Going crazy over Kanye, that's laughable
Trump, well yea.
Come on
Conservatives went crazy over Obama
So vice versa is true
Just the way it is :-)

Of course. And Dems going crazy over Kanye is laughable. It’s just annoying when every other post in this thread is by Terapined:

Omg! :) Look, righties going crazy
over <who cares>! Lol! :)
I’m against ALL sexual abuse! :)
Clinton and Trump and Cosby and
Wynn and....against them all!
:) Teeheehee, :) :) :)

I’ll give you an A+ for trollin’ skillz, though. :)
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 10th, 2018 at 7:00:52 PM permalink

I said he didn't have investigator access. But he was admitted to the case with standing because of the NDA being negotiated by him and the money being paid by him
What that means in practical terms I'm not pretending to know, but he's being allowed to see and hear some things that we aren't. That's all I'm saying.
It was a ruling the judge made that Friday maybe a month ago that let him in there when they revealed who Cohen's 3 clients were.

Babs - do you have a link to this Court order giving him "standing" (it would be Stormy that would need standing as the client, not Avenatti as the attorney) -- I am not doubting that you read this but something is awfully fishy about what you are saying and I want to read the actual Court order - or at least, an article, detailing what you are saying - thanks :)
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 10th, 2018 at 7:02:25 PM permalink

Of course. And Dems going crazy over Kanye is laughable. It’s just annoying when every other post in this thread is by Terapined:

I mean, I probably find it less annoying and more coherent than you because I lean left, but EB is doing exactly the same thing every with far right nonsense.

EB and Terapined have completely inverse world views, but somehow ended up typing in the same exact way.

Things that make you go “hmmmmmmmmm”
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 10th, 2018 at 7:02:27 PM permalink

I mean, I probably find it less annoying and more coherent than you because I lean left, but EB is doing exactly the same thing every day with far right nonsense.

EB and Terapined have completely inverse world views, but somehow ended up typing in the same exact way.

Things that make you go “hmmmmmmmmm”.......
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 7:02:54 PM permalink

Has Trumps approval ever been over 50%
Has he ever gotten more the 50% of the vote
No
No

Did he win the Electoral College, which has been the foundation of our REPUBLIC (we do not live in a democracy) as regards elections for President since its inception, and upon which all candidates campaign?
Yes
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 7:06:08 PM permalink

I missed the show.

Who was paying Trump in 2015-16 to be on all the same shows? Nobody. And yet it was reported the value of all that free time was in excess of a billion dollars. He was calling at least once a week on Morning Joe, for several months, when his polls were still in single digits. They would give him a half hour or more to just talk his head off, anything he wanted.

So why would anyone need to be paying for Michael Avenatti? He's probably multiplied his net worth 100 times just by what he's done so far and the exposure he's getting. 6 weeks ago it was Michael Who? Now he's gonna have huge cases fall in his lap for the rest of his career. And it's a perfect social climate for his type of lawyering. He's nowhere to the 21st century F Lee Bailey.

He might need that money to pay off the creditors from his now defunct coffee business and the $5million he owes in back taxes

Normally, unless someone is hired by a network as a contributor, there is no payment involved (per my appearances on cable news shows)
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 7:09:54 PM permalink

Assuming, arguendo, that all happens per your post, IMHO, Trump would actually enforce the terms thereof and not just have NK agree to stop pursuing nukes for a few years in exchange for a pallet of cash
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 10th, 2018 at 7:18:52 PM permalink
The Left doing their best 1984 doublespeak impression:

Shouldn't we all be free thinkers?
terapined
terapined
May 10th, 2018 at 7:27:19 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

But I give you credit, you keep trying and he keeps getting more popular.

Has Trumps approval ever been over 50%
Has he ever gotten more the 50% of the vote
No
No

Quote: aceofspades

Did he win the Electoral College, which has been the foundation of our REPUBLIC (we do not live in a democracy) as regards elections for President since its inception, and upon which all candidates campaign?
Yes

?????????
Of course he won the electoral college but that's a different subject
That is not what my response to Boz is addressing
Hmm, do judges come at you like I just did in the last sentence :-)
My response to Boz was regarding him saying Trump is getting more and more popular
I don't think his job approval will ever get above 50%
45% maybe. 50, no way
Has there ever been a President below 50% entire term?
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
ams288
May 10th, 2018 at 7:31:26 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

The Left doing their best 1984 doublespeak impression:

Shouldn't we all be free thinkers?

Absolutely
Perez Hilton is not the Left.
I can pick out crazies on the right and say they they represent the right
But its meaningless just as your post is meaningless
Who listens to Perez. Please. He's a publicity whore
I expect something much better then the above from a lawyer
Do you use twitter posts from kooks on internet to prove your case in court lol
  • Jump to: