Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
May 9th, 2018 at 10:28:01 AM permalink
Any one want to try and explain this.
Cohen opens a consulting company specifically to pay Stormy Daniels. Within a short time ,a Russian who was sanctioned for election interference, funnels a half a million dollars into that company. Coincidence?
What's interesting is that Mueller and his posse questioned people about this nine months ago, meaning who knows what or where their current investigation is pursuing.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 9th, 2018 at 10:29:10 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/08/opinions/american-detainees-north-korea-opinion-campbell/index.html

Josh Campbell is a rather new CNN contributor. He's damn good in my opinion. I don't know if you read this piece, but he's not "upset" (your word) at NK releasing prisoners.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 9th, 2018 at 10:29:54 AM permalink

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/08/opinions/american-detainees-north-korea-opinion-campbell/index.html

Are you sure you read that whole article?

He's criticizing the way the administration's reporting of the release was handled, not the actual release itself. He even says at the end of the article:

"The administration's apparent opening of North Korea is something to be lauded, and, if ultimately successful, should be praised as a major diplomatic accomplishment."
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 10:34:47 AM permalink
Facts? Why bring facts into these discussions?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 10:41:22 AM permalink
CNN is reporting a new poll citing 88% of respondents report little to no effect on their finances from the tax cuts.
Stupid people don't appreciate the greatest tax cut by the most magnificent president ever. Personally, I think the poll is flawed as it's obvious not many billionaires were included in it.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 9th, 2018 at 10:53:38 AM permalink

This does not show libs are upset
quite the opposite.
here is a key sentence from your link
"The administration's apparent opening of North Korea is something to be lauded, and, if ultimately successful, should be praised as a major diplomatic accomplishment."

Still waiting for a link
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 9th, 2018 at 11:10:21 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

CNN is reporting a new poll citing 88% of respondents report little to no effect on their finances from the tax cuts.
Stupid people don't appreciate the greatest tax cut by the most magnificent president ever. Personally, I think the poll is flawed as it's obvious not many billionaires were included in it.

Well, I mean they were pretty straightforward about how little the effect would be. What's the average, like several hundred dollars a YEAR per family? Better than nothing, I guess, but certainly not life-changing. So little that most people wouldn't even notice, so of course they're going to respond that way in a poll.

P.S. Whatever happened to the "How's your 401k?" crowd?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 9th, 2018 at 11:16:44 AM permalink

Disappointed you call your fellow Americans stupid. Although your policy beliefs say that, I never thought you would admit it.

But hey, we can’t all be as smart as you in hiding assets to gain extra benefits.

Respect!
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
ams288
May 9th, 2018 at 11:30:38 AM permalink
^ still waiting for that link
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 11:35:15 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

^ still waiting for that link

I think he got distracted by something bright and shiny.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 9th, 2018 at 11:39:31 AM permalink

Any one want to try and explain this.
Cohen opens a consulting company specifically to pay Stormy Daniels. Within a short time ,a Russian who was sanctioned

Easily explained. Every time Skanky Daniels
attention whore attorney opens his mouth,
the Lib press dives in head first. 2 min of
Googling will show you the YUGE nothing
burger deluxe this story is.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 11:50:12 AM permalink

Disappointed you call your fellow Americans stupid. Although your policy beliefs say that, I never thought you would admit it.

But hey, we can’t all be as smart as you in hiding assets to gain extra benefits.

Respect!

Still choosing the low road, I see.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 9th, 2018 at 12:15:56 PM permalink
I've given Trump credit, at least 3 times so far. Fact is, even people who don't give him credit for anything are doing us all a favor. Otherwise Trump's fatuous and fat head would expand to the size of Jupiter, possibly exploding killing us all. The guy invents his own magazine covers for himself. He probably already minted himself a Noble medal. I think Trump fires people just to keep people from noticing where the buck really stops.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 9th, 2018 at 12:29:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Easily explained. Every time Skanky Daniels
attention whore attorney opens his mouth,
the Lib press dives in head first. 2 min of
Googling will show you the YUGE nothing
burger deluxe this story is.

20 seconds of Googling shows that this is, in fact, not the case.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 9th, 2018 at 12:38:55 PM permalink
What happened to the 'big blue wave'
that was supposed to wash over primaries
yesterday? More like the little blue fizzle..

Nate Silver said internal polls showed
Blankenship 'surging' in W VA. The media
was panting yesterday. Blankenship comes
in a distant 3rd and they say 'Oh. Never
mind.'

Where was all the Dem enthusiasm we
keep hearing about in OH yesterday. The
media says they HATE Trump and want
to correct the mistake the state made in
2016. Yet 145,000 more Republicans than
Dems voted in OH yesterday. Another blue
wave fizzle.

Looks like the 'big blue wave' is just another
fantasy the press pretends is true. Like Hillary
having a lock in 2016.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 9th, 2018 at 12:46:49 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

20 seconds of Googling shows that this is, in fact, not the case.

"Stormy (Skanky Sloppy) Daniels’ lawyer says he has information showing that President Donald Trump’s longtime personal attorney received $500,000 from a Russian billionaire within months of paying hush money to Daniels. Lawyer Michael Avenatti released no documents to support the claim and did not reveal the source of his information."

Any time the attention whore lawyer opens
his mouth, it's treated as gospel by the media.
lol
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 12:54:12 PM permalink

What happened to the 'big blue wave'
that was supposed to wash over primaries
yesterday? More like the little blue fizzle..

Nate Silver said internal polls showed
Blankenship 'surging' in W VA. The media
was panting yesterday. Blankenship comes
in a distant 3rd and they say 'Oh. Never
mind.'

Where was all the Dem enthusiasm we
keep hearing about in OH yesterday. The
media says they HATE Trump and want
to correct the mistake the state made in
2016. Yet 145,000 more Republicans than
Dems voted in OH yesterday. Another blue
wave fizzle.

fantasy the press pretends is true. Like Hillary
having a lock in 2016.

One and a half times as many Democrats showed up for a non competitive primary in West Virginia than Republicans in a tight race.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
May 9th, 2018 at 12:54:18 PM permalink

"Stormy (Skanky Sloppy) Daniels’

Have you actually admitted yet that you hate women? I have you blocked for the most part, so I might have missed it.
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 1:01:13 PM permalink

"Stormy (Skanky Sloppy) Daniels’ lawyer says he has information showing that President Donald Trump’s longtime personal attorney received $500,000 from a Russian billionaire within months of paying hush money to Daniels. Lawyer Michael Avenatti released no documents to support the claim and did not reveal the source of his information."

lol

The documentation is all over the web. Perhaps faux hasn't covered them, but real news has them for your viewing pleasure.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 9th, 2018 at 1:06:12 PM permalink

fantasy the press pretends is true.

THE LIBERAL MEDIA IS SO BIAS I CAN'T STAND IT

billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 1:24:48 PM permalink

lol

Details on the transactions appeared in documentation that Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for Daniels, posted to Twitter on Tuesday. Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, allegedly received $130,000 in a non-disclosure agreement from Essential Consultants to stay mum on her alleged affair with Trump.
The president has denied the relationship and Daniels has sued to get out of the deal.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 9th, 2018 at 1:27:25 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

THE LIBERAL MEDIA IS SO BIAS I CAN'T STAND IT

And front page on Fox News is a story about Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton.

I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't 1998.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 9th, 2018 at 1:50:32 PM permalink

The documentation is all over the web. .

A lawyer for Columbus Nova confirmed payments to Cohen, but denied that Vekselberg had anything to do with them.

"Columbus Nova is a management company solely owned and controlled by Americans," the statement said. "After the inauguration, the firm hired Michael Cohen as a business consultant regarding potential sources of capital and potential investments in real estate and other ventures.

"Reports today that Viktor Vekselberg used Columbus Nova as a conduit for payments to Michael Cohen are false. The claim that Viktor Vekselberg was involved or provided any funding for Columbus Nova’s engagement of Michael Cohen is patently untrue. Neither Viktor Vekselberg nor anyone else other than Columbus Nova’s owners, were involved in the decision to hire Cohen or provided funding for his engagement."
ams288
ams288
May 9th, 2018 at 1:52:39 PM permalink

EB included quotes around this, but failed to provide a source.

Did the original paragraph include the (Skanky Sloppy) sidebar???? LOL
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 9th, 2018 at 2:20:19 PM permalink

EB included quotes around this, but failed to provide a source.

You taught me not to include sources.
All you do is mock and ridicule them,
why bother.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 9th, 2018 at 2:33:56 PM permalink

You taught me not to include sources.
All you do is mock and ridicule them,
why bother.

So you're implying it's not a legitimate source to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't be ridiculed....
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 9th, 2018 at 2:36:40 PM permalink
STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, AT&T has confirmed, uh, the payments. Novartis has confirmed, uh, the payments. Columbus Nova has confirmed the payments, although they said it had nothing to do with Russia. What is illegal, uhhh, about that? Michael Cohen, attorney for the president, close to the president, sets up a firm in Washington, D.C., gives strategic consulting advice. What’s wrong with that?

AVENATTI: Each company has given a different reason for retaining Michael Cohen — real estate, business consulting, health care consulting, the list goes on and on. Michael Cohen —

STEPHANOPOULOS: Okay. But nothing wrong with any of that.

AVENATTI: We don’t know where this ends, but it doesn’t smell right.

Smell right? That's all you got? From
a lawyer that has a lien from the IRS for
$5 million, has not paid employees, has
not deducted proper payroll taxes for
many of the years he was a lawyer and
businessman? I know a lawyer who went
to prison for that. This Avenatti guy is in
more trouble than his clients are.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 9th, 2018 at 2:43:28 PM permalink

This Avenatti guy is in

If he's guilty of crimes then he should be investigated and punished.

Who is going to move forward with that?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 9th, 2018 at 2:43:41 PM permalink

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, AT&T has confirmed, uh, the payments. Novartis has confirmed, uh, the payments. Columbus Nova has confirmed the payments, although they said it had nothing to do with Russia. What is illegal, uhhh, about that? Michael Cohen, attorney for the president, close to the president, sets up a firm in Washington, D.C., gives strategic consulting advice. What’s wrong with that?

AVENATTI: Each company has given a different reason for retaining Michael Cohen — real estate, business consulting, health care consulting, the list goes on and on. Michael Cohen —

STEPHANOPOULOS: Okay. But nothing wrong with any of that.

AVENATTI: We don’t know where this ends, but it doesn’t smell right.

Maybe King Harry can fix this. 🤣
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 3:00:02 PM permalink
I can imagine this meeting.

Novartis- we need someone to do some consulting on health care matters.
Suit A- We have our pick of dozens of top notch firms with hundreds of lawyers with vast experience in the field.
Suit B- I got a one man firm, run by a guy who graduated from the worst law school in the country and who specializes in buying taxis and bimbo eruptions.
Novartis- He's our guy. Quick, send him $1.2 million before someone else signs him. We don't need no paperwork and certainly are not going to ask for documentation of how the $1.2 million gets spent. We'd have to be a fool not to have a NYC taxi attorney represent us in Washington DC on health related issues.

As I said earlier, Muellar's team was on to this months ago.
I wonder how many people are walking around the WH wearing wires these days?
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 9th, 2018 at 3:07:08 PM permalink

It's almost like you don't know that Donald Trump put a number of small family businesses out of business when he refused payment after services were completed...and then drowned them in court proceedings.

Get real man. You called Trump a "prophet" in another thread, lol. If by prophet, you mean, a con-artsist, then yeah.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 9th, 2018 at 3:25:58 PM permalink
Wait didnt evenbob discredit everything by saying there was no evidence or paperwork

Now at&t and others have said yep we got caught making payments evenbob changes up

At&t said they needed consulting on how this administration was going to affect their business

Why does a phone company hire a NY attorney for washington dc matters

Lets see pay to play for president. Merger that occurred with at&t at this time hmmm

The pharmaceutical company that paid michael cohen - the CEO of the company got lunch with trump after payments were made - hmm pay to play?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 9th, 2018 at 4:39:25 PM permalink
Rush said this about the lawyers 'bombshells':

"This Avenatti guy is a Democrat operative, first and foremost, a lawyer second, and it’s clear he’s doing damage to himself here because he comes up with what appears to be this giant bombshell, and people look into it, and it’s nothing. If this guy ever does come up with something, he’s gonna have nothing but a bunch of doubters now questioning his competence and his motivation, because he clearly hopes and wants people to see things that are not there."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 9th, 2018 at 4:39:35 PM permalink

A lawyer for Columbus Nova confirmed payments to Cohen, but denied that Vekselberg had anything to do with them.

"Columbus Nova is a management company solely owned and controlled by Americans," the statement said. "After the inauguration, the firm hired Michael Cohen as a business consultant regarding potential sources of capital and potential investments in real estate and other ventures.

"Reports today that Viktor Vekselberg used Columbus Nova as a conduit for payments to Michael Cohen are false. The claim that Viktor Vekselberg was involved or provided any funding for Columbus Nova’s engagement of Michael Cohen is patently untrue. Neither Viktor Vekselberg nor anyone else other than Columbus Nova’s owners, were involved in the decision to hire Cohen or provided funding for his engagement."

"A lawyer for Columbus...." made a statement. Like he has no agenda. HE'S THE PAID ADVOCATE FOR THE COMPANY!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
May 9th, 2018 at 4:52:29 PM permalink

Who cares what Rush says
It is a bombshell the money paid to Cohen for access to Trump
I thought Bill Clinton was a sleaze
Trump is much worse
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
May 9th, 2018 at 4:54:22 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Who cares what Rush says

Nobody important.
terapined
terapined
May 9th, 2018 at 5:05:07 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Nobody important.

EB always quotes Rush
Why, I don't know.
I listen to the news and form my own opinions
I guess EB listens to the news, doesn't understand it, and has to turn to Rush to figure it out for him
weird
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
May 9th, 2018 at 5:06:09 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

EB always quotes Rush
Why, I don't know.
I listen to the news and form my own opinions
I guess EB listens to the news, doesn't understand it, and has to turn to Rush to figure it out for him
weird

Rush is an admitted drug addict. He has no credibility.
billryan
billryan 
May 9th, 2018 at 5:07:45 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

"A lawyer for Columbus...." made a statement. Like he has no agenda. HE'S THE PAID ADVOCATE FOR THE COMPANY!

I was just reading up on Columbus Nova. Something is simply not right over there. They put out a press release saying they bought a company. Then they started feeling the sanctions imposed on their parent company and the founding manager leaves, claiming he alone bought the other company. Even the Wikipedia entry reads like a mystery novel plot. Now they claim they aren't part of the parent company, in spite of numerous filings showing they are.
I'm sure it was a complete coincidence that they chose a one man shop to represent them.
ams288
ams288
May 9th, 2018 at 5:33:51 PM permalink
Why are EB (and the righties he's stealing his ideas from) pushing back so hard against Stormy Daniels's lawyer today?

Because he's damn effective. His constant media appearances have led team Trump to make several unforced errors.

Donald WISHES he could find a lawyer as savvy as Avenatti. He's stuck with Michael Cohen and Rudy "Crazy Eyes" Giuliani. lol
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
May 9th, 2018 at 6:10:17 PM permalink

"This Avenatti guy is a Democrat operative, first and foremost, a lawyer second, and it’s clear he’s doing damage to himself here because he comes up with what appears to be this giant bombshell, and people look into it, and it’s nothing. If this guy ever does come up with something, he’s gonna have nothing but a bunch of doubters now questioning his competence and his motivation, because he clearly hopes and wants people to see things that are not there."

But so far every prediction that Avenatti has made has happened. Sounds like he knows something. I'll wait while you find some text on a website to respond with.
darkoz
darkoz
May 9th, 2018 at 6:12:47 PM permalink

But so far every prediction that Avenatti has made has happened. Sounds like he knows something. I'll wait while you find some text on a website to respond with.

Avenati said on one of the talk shows he doesnt announce info unless hes vetted and is sure of its veracity
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 9th, 2018 at 6:28:21 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Avenati said on one of the talk shows he doesnt announce info unless hes vetted and is sure of its veracity

No, he's said it on ALL of them. He isn't putting anything out there he can't prove. And he's inside Cohen's document seizure as an interested party. So he knows things we don't, yet.

He's analogous to Bob Mueller if Bob Mueller was talking all this time. Which, to my mind, proves that Mueller doesn't leak. His witnesses and targets do, trying to pre-empt what he knows.
ams288
ams288
May 9th, 2018 at 6:33:35 PM permalink

I'll wait while you find some text on a website to respond with.

LOL
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 9th, 2018 at 10:35:45 PM permalink

The sworn testimony of Cohen's attorneys in court yesterday isn't enough for you?!?! Do you think they lied to the judge when they told her Cohen's third client was Hannity? Why??

After Avenatti supposedly released Cohen's financial records, it is crystal clear that neither Avenatti, nor the FBI, nor the prosecutors nor Judge Kimba Wood had the foggiest notion about how many clients really does have. But all we hear are crickets from these supposed experts and their acolytes!
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2018 at 1:11:40 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

After Avenatti supposedly released Cohen's financial records, it is crystal clear that neither Avenatti, nor the FBI, nor the prosecutors nor Judge Kimba Wood had the foggiest notion about how many clients really does have. But all we hear are crickets from these supposed experts and their acolytes!

YES!!!

Usually that happens when lies are told in court

Its called perjury

Bye bye Cohen. Caught again!!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 10th, 2018 at 2:15:38 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: beachbumbabs

*EXCERPT*No, he's said it on ALL of them. He isn't putting anything out there he can't prove. And he's inside Cohen's document seizure as an interested party. So he knows things we don't, yet.

Except he released info about a totally different Michael Cohen
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michael-cohen-says-stormy-daniels-lawyer-mixed-him-namesakes-n872871

And, as for being 'inside' the document seizure, no he is not - he is not on the criminal team - he is a civil attorney, not a Federal prosecutor - and he is now being investigated for leaking: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/09/michael-cohen-treasury-inspectors-investigate-leak-bank-records/596686002/
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
ams288gamerfreakdarkoz
May 10th, 2018 at 4:27:01 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michael-cohen-says-stormy-daniels-lawyer-mixed-him-namesakes-n872871

And, as for being 'inside' the document seizure, no he is not - he is not on the criminal team - he is a civil attorney, not a Federal prosecutor - and he is now being investigated for leaking: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/09/michael-cohen-treasury-inspectors-investigate-leak-bank-records/596686002/

I stand corrected. Avenatti was on Rachel Maddow last night and showed that .7% of the money traced was to a different Cohen. 99.3% was correctly reported, and most of it has been verified already by the corporations who paid Cohen for access to Trump.

He isn't given equal access as the federal agents, no, but he has an acknowledged standing as an interested/injured party that puts him inside discovery and process.

I should only hope to live my life being as wrong as Avenatti.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
May 10th, 2018 at 7:31:43 AM permalink

Hmmm,
Looks like Avenatti has been a bit overzealous in his data collection and vetting. Oops. Pity, as he's been doing a great job running rings around trumpy, playing him at his own game. If this is the worst of his carelessness or failure, it's nothing compared to the daily failure of his adversary. I give him a mulligan.
I like Avenatti. He's a clever, media savvy, street wise rottweiler of a lawyer. I'd want him on my team before any number of Cohens or Rudys or indeed any of the two-bit mob fixer lawyers that trumpy can retain.

I wonder whether trumpy's fixers are yet considering actual assasinations of the sort Putin or NYC mobsters would blatantly employ? Or is trumpy trying to exhaust foreign policy distractions first....

And yes. Before anyone says it, maybe the Clintons did worse.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan 
May 10th, 2018 at 7:36:14 AM permalink

The article says the leak of the documents is being investigated, not the person who received them.
  • Jump to: