Thread Rating:

boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
May 1st, 2018 at 7:35:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Have you ever had a boss? I just checked my contract and nowhere in it does it say I am not allowed to walk into the pre-op area and start chanting anti-Governor Cuomo slogans. Do you think I should just do so? I do have some strong feelings! You really believe the owners gave Kaepernick tacit approval? I'd say quite the opposite, as the fact that not a single team has signed him despite signing dozens of quarterbacks with clearly inferior football talent to him has proven.

Most large corporations have verbose policies regarding political expression in the workplace limiting what you can do or say in the workplace as what you can donor say as a representative of the company. Smaller workplaces tend not to have these rules and hope that one abides by their common sense. Mind you the ability to get away with stuff is very dependent on how valuable an employee you are. Certainly if Tom Brady or Gronk made similar political expressions there would have been a different reaction.

As for "not paying for anti-americanism with my tax dollar", probably the MOST American thing that your tax dollars should be paying for is defending the Constitution which includes one's first amendment rights. One could argue and has argued that kneeling during the national anthem is not anti-americanism but is a statement about what America has become.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 1st, 2018 at 8:55:08 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

D Or the belief that a persons place in life should be determined by birth and not hard work?

But a persons position in life IS often
determined by birth. Take royalty, for
instance. Or having mega rich parents
that can send you to the best schools
and give you a leg up. What's the point
of being rich if it doesn't help your
offspring in life.

Even Rockefeller got a $1000 loan from
his father to start him off in business.
$1000 in the 1850's was easily equal
to $30,000 today in buying power, maybe
even more.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
May 2nd, 2018 at 3:57:26 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Because they are soft and don’t play dirty. Considering that a liberal/democrat has won the popular vote 6 out of the last 7 presidential elections, I’d say that democrats continue to garner more votes on a consistent basis.

That is one office that often comes down to likability issues. Look at governors, senators, state elections and see how often liberals win.

Quote:

But republicans play dirty. The level of gerrymandering they’ve deployed in local elections over the last ten or so years is unprecedented. And if/when liberals quit taking the high road on these procedure wars, they’ll gain grounds. Quit with the “when they go low we go high” crap because policy and ideas do not translate to wins.

You are kidding, right? Liberals play even dirtier. Obama played as dirty as anyone. Look at his state and US Senate elections. The Clintons were the masters of playing dirty, down to paying for made-up dossiers and using them to wiretap. Oh, yeah, include Obama in that BTW.

Do not forget about liberals crying "RACIST" to anything they do not like but cannot defend their position otherwise, deflecting the issue.

Quote:

Republicans have been using every tactic they can to suppress the vote. And think about it. If the only elections you win is when LESS people vote, is that something to be particularly proud of?

What tactics are these, exactly? Requiring voters show an ID? Not wanting illegal aliens to vote? No same-day registration so busloads of people cannot just show up at the polls? Come on, examples, please.

Most people do not support open borders or think there are more than 2 genders. Most do not want the government taking heathcare choice away from them. Most do not want higher taxes. Ever notice liberals do not run on these issues?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 2nd, 2018 at 4:45:10 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

But a persons position in life IS often
determined by birth.

Being forever stuck in that position regardless of abilities or work ethic is one of the values that liberals like Trump want to bring to America
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 2nd, 2018 at 5:06:51 AM permalink
Donald Trump is in a bad mood this morning and is already ranting on twitter

"There was no Collusion (it is a Hoax) and there is no Obstruction of Justice (that is a setup & trap). What there is is Negotiations going on with North Korea over Nuclear War, Negotiations going on with China over Trade Deficits, Negotiations on NAFTA, and much more. Witch Hunt!"

What a clown. Using "is" twice in a row. lol. What a moron.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2018 at 5:19:05 AM permalink

Being forever stuck in that position regardless of abilities or work ethic is one of the values that liberals like Trump want to bring to America

How do you figure that? Trump just gave working Americans a huge tax cut and corporations have shared a piece of their with workers. Liberals are against it.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 2nd, 2018 at 5:24:44 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

How do you figure that? Trump just gave working Americans a huge tax cut and corporations have shared a piece of their with workers. Liberals are against it.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Trump’s campaign promises to make sure many people would be denied the opportunity to improve their lives by working hard and contributing to the community.

Also, cutting revenue while increasing spending (to the point of a half-trillion dollar deficit in the first four months of the year) is one of the most liberal things our government can do
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2018 at 5:53:26 AM permalink

That has absolutely nothing to do with Trump’s campaign promises to make sure many people would be denied the opportunity to improve their lives by working hard and contributing to the community.

When did he promise this? I must have missed something.

Quote:

Also, cutting revenue while increasing spending (to the point of a half-trillion dollar deficit in the first four months of the year) is one of the most liberal things our government can do

But we are not cutting revenue. Learn about dynamic analysis. Taxes were cut in the 1980s and revenue shot up.
wellwellwell
wellwellwell
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RogerKint
May 2nd, 2018 at 6:08:00 AM permalink

Trump is a disgrace because he's the President of our country and is a f**king liar and a conman. He's an embarrassment and we ought to be ashamed we elected such a man to lead us.

Let me know if you ever want to get into the weeds of what I posted above. There's a ton of information there. It's sourced too. Crazy huh? Sources? Links...that you can follow? That's soooooooooooooooooooooo weird!

As far as examples of things he's done that has adversely affected me? I think the tax bill is going to adversely affect the entire country because trickle-down is a farce. It's been what...30 years? Where's the trickle down? lol, income inequality graphs and charts that capture the data over this time period should be alarming to ALL of us. Trump just made it worse. I have two teenagers and they will soon have to clean up this mess that the baby boomer generation has left them.

General disagreement over policy? The funny thing is, okay, is that I think there's room for agreement with liberals and Trump. He's not ideologically driven. He'll flip flop on anything in a second if it means he can score a win. I consider that a positive. There's been several instances where it looked like he was willing to work with dems on issues ("Bill of Love" for dreamers, for example), but then he backtracked. And while that was disappointing, at least he demonstrated that he could be willing to work with the other side. It hasn't happened yet and it might never will. But if republicans get thumped in the mid-terms, I think it's a very real possibility that he abandons the GOP (the feeling will probably be mutual) and starts working toward promoting liberal ideas and values, realizing that he won't win in 2020 if he gets thumped in 2018.

And what's interesting about the time we live in? Liberal values and ideas are widely supported in our country, but the politicians that support those ideas and values aren't winning elections. Weird. But I think this year's mid-terms could be the turning point. We'll see.

Liberal ideas and values were firmly rejected in the 2016 elections. Same will happen in the 2018 elections. The country overall is and always has been center right. Except for the left and right coasts no one wants to be the next Venezuela.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 2nd, 2018 at 6:19:24 AM permalink
Quote: wellwellwell

Liberal ideas and values were firmly rejected in the 2016 elections.

Minus that pesky fact that the liberal candidate got 3 million more votes than Donald.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
wellwellwell
wellwellwell
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RogerKint
May 2nd, 2018 at 6:29:54 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Minus that pesky fact that the liberal candidate got 3 million more votes than Donald.

Presidential campaigns aren't run looking to win the popular vote. You know that.
What party is in control of the congress?
There's the popular vote for ya.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 2nd, 2018 at 6:45:41 AM permalink
And liberalism strikes again. The Boy Scouts are no more, replaced with Scouts BSA. Another destruction of an American institution by snowflakes on the left.

No more will a good person, unable to be bribed be known as a "Boy Scout", he is now a BSA.

What a joke.

I guess Trump can't fix everything at once, it might take 8 years to undo all this damage.
ams288
ams288
May 2nd, 2018 at 7:35:10 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

And liberalism strikes again. The Boy Scouts are no more, replaced with Scouts BSA. Another destruction of an American institution by snowflakes on the left

In reality, I'd say anyone who gets bent out of shape over this is the true "snowflake."
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 2nd, 2018 at 7:36:39 AM permalink

And liberalism strikes again. The Boy Scouts are no more, replaced with Scouts BSA. Another destruction of an American institution by snowflakes on the left.

No more will a good person, unable to be bribed be known as a "Boy Scout", he is now a BSA.

What a joke.

I guess Trump can't fix everything at once, it might take 8 years to undo all this damage.

lol the scouts (boy or girl) are/were a complete disgrace. From boy scout leaders openly being anti-gay to their troop leaders then getting accused of sexually harassing their boy KIDS... to the girl scouts that is a for profit company hell bent on having little girl soldiers sell sell sell and get complete crap back in return all while the company banks all the money.

But sure, we need those 'values'.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
Romes
May 2nd, 2018 at 7:43:06 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

lol the scouts (boy or girl) are/were a complete disgrace. From boy scout leaders openly being anti-gay to their troop leaders then getting accused of sexually harassing their boy KIDS... to the girl scouts that is a for profit company hell bent on having little girl soldiers sell sell sell and get complete crap back in return all while the company banks all the money.

But sure, we need those 'values'.

Anti-civil rights, sexual abuse, labor abuse....

Sounds like conservative values to me.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 2nd, 2018 at 8:03:55 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

He's claiming Trumps bodyguard

Wait.... why does Trump have a "bodyguard?" He literally has an entire branch of law enforcement specifically for his protection.

And liberalism strikes again. The Boy Scouts are no more, replaced with Scouts BSA.

How is that a result of "liberalism?"

Quote:

Another destruction of an American institution

How has it been "destroyed?"

Quote:

by snowflakes on the left.

How are weak and entitled leftists responsible for this?

Quote:

Okay? So?

Quote:

What damage?

How is the Boy Scouts worse off because of this decision?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 2nd, 2018 at 8:13:41 AM permalink

What a joke.

I dont know why boyscouts cant be bribed lol

I certainly dont understand why you think girls should be shunned from sharing boy scout style adventures
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
terapined
terapined
May 2nd, 2018 at 8:34:44 AM permalink

What a joke.

Yawn
This really upsets you
come on
Its just a name change
Much ado about nothing

Growing up on hard scrabble streets of Baltimore back in the day
Kids made fun of scouts. The Goody goody kids went into the scouts
We snuck into movie theaters, played with pea shooters, cap guns and rode our bikes all over the city.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:22:07 AM permalink

That is one office that often comes down to likability issues. Look at governors, senators, state elections and see how often liberals win.

You are kidding, right? Liberals play even dirtier. Obama played as dirty as anyone. Look at his state and US Senate elections. The Clintons were the masters of playing dirty, down to paying for made-up dossiers and using them to wiretap. Oh, yeah, include Obama in that BTW.

Do not forget about liberals crying "RACIST" to anything they do not like but cannot defend their position otherwise, deflecting the issue.

What tactics are these, exactly? Requiring voters show an ID? Not wanting illegal aliens to vote? No same-day registration so busloads of people cannot just show up at the polls? Come on, examples, please.

Most people do not support open borders or think there are more than 2 genders. Most do not want the government taking heathcare choice away from them. Most do not want higher taxes. Ever notice liberals do not run on these issues?

Busloads of people? lol, how many conspiracy theories can you put in one sentence?

Here's a great article describing what I'm talking about:

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/1/17258866/democratic-party-republicans-trump-election

Since 1992, democrats have won 30 million more votes than republicans in Senate races.

"most people" do not support this or "most" don't support that? Where? In your rural areas where less people live? Apparently, in your mind, those people that make up the "most" in those areas are more important than the people in the urban areas you wrote off in an earlier post.

You crack me up man.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:24:15 AM permalink
Quote: wellwellwell

Liberal ideas and values were firmly rejected in the 2016 elections. Same will happen in the 2018 elections. The country overall is and always has been center right. Except for the left and right coasts no one wants to be the next Venezuela.

Not anymore.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKint
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:29:03 AM permalink

Since 1992, democrats have won 30 million more votes than republicans in Senate races.

Misleading stat as CA alone electing Dems vs Wyoming for example electing GOP would be much of this.

Really, don't think I will fall for this like liberals will do. I actually think for myself.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:31:38 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Gay males should be excluded from anything that puts them in potential intimate or compromising situations with young boys. Same as straight males should be with girls.

Just common sense. Sandusky is the perfect example as to why.

Sad we have officially lost the Boy Scouts, But we probably lost them 20 years ago just they did not make it official.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:36:21 AM permalink

Misleading stat as CA alone electing Dems vs Wyoming for example electing GOP would be much of this.

Really, don't think I will fall for this like liberals will do. I actually think for myself.

Do you REALLY want California to break up into 8 smaller states? Good luck winning ANYTHING after that. And if democrats ever decide to stoop to the republican level and start playing dirty, that's exactly what they will do.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:38:11 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Yawn
This really upsets you
come on
Its just a name change
Much ado about nothing

And they say liberals are the supposed snowflakes.... haha...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:41:36 AM permalink

Do you REALLY want California to break up into 8 smaller states? Good luck winning ANYTHING after that.

No, I want it to secede from the rest of the USA. Or at least the coast from San Diego to San Francisco, inclusive.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:43:27 AM permalink

No, I want it to secede from the rest of the USA. Or at least the coast from San Diego to San Francisco, inclusive.

Californians probably feel the same way about Mississippi. I bet they are tired of subsidizing them.
rsactuary
rsactuary
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:45:24 AM permalink

Gay males should be excluded from anything that puts them in potential intimate or compromising situations with young boys. Same as straight males should be with girls.

Hey everyone, just let that comment sink in. wow.
rsactuary
rsactuary
May 2nd, 2018 at 9:47:48 AM permalink
Breaking news: Ty Cobb is departing his position as Trump's lawyer. Getting out while the getting is good, I guess.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2018 at 10:03:00 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

What's the problem with it?
rsactuary
rsactuary
May 2nd, 2018 at 10:08:55 AM permalink
The post shows a great deal of ignorance.
TigerWu
TigerWu
billryan
billryan
May 2nd, 2018 at 10:13:45 AM permalink
Dragon blood!
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2018 at 10:17:16 AM permalink

The post shows a great deal of ignorance.

How exactly?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 2nd, 2018 at 10:25:01 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Obamacare will cost more because of the GOP's tinkering.

Winning....?

The GOP's intention since day one has been to sabotage Obamcare so they can cry about what a disaster it is.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 2nd, 2018 at 10:38:51 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

The GOP's intention since day one has been to sabotage Obamcare so they can cry about what a disaster it is.

That's not even the frustrating part. They've had almost a decade now to come up with something better to fix healthcare in this country, and they don't even try. But how dare a liberal/Democrat/black guy try to do something about it.

So you want to complain that Obamacare is a disaster? Okay, fine. Let's say I agree with you. THEN HOW ABOUT YOU #&(%ING DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT???
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:01:52 AM permalink

And liberalism strikes again. The Boy Scouts are no more,

Who do you think pushed and pushed
for this, men and boys? Did they say,
we love women and the influence of
women sooooo much that we can't
live without it for even the short time
we get to hang with other boys?
Please oh please, Boy Scouts, let girls
into our ranks so they can begin at
an even earlier age to shape and mold
us into the perfect future boyfriends
and husbands they want us to become?

Is that how it happened?
billryan
billryan
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:07:25 AM permalink
I suspect it happened because membership , sales and profits are way down and the corporation saw a very large new consumer base for its product. That is also cripples its biggest competition is a bonus.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:12:36 AM permalink

I totally agree
AZ will never ever get it
Attraction to an adult male has nothing to do with pedophilia
This simple explanation will go over AZ's head.
He simply cant understand
sad
Boz
Boz
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:15:04 AM permalink

Winning....?

If you are young and are no longer penalized for choosing to not buy insurance, YES you are winning.

Every game has winners and losers, correct.
terapined
terapined
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:16:01 AM permalink

Who do you think pushed and pushed
for this, men and boys? Did they say,
we love women and the influence of
women sooooo much that we can't
live without it for even the short time
we get to hang with other boys?
Please oh please, Boy Scouts, let girls
into our ranks so they can begin at
an even earlier age to shape and mold
us into the perfect future boyfriends
and husbands they want us to become?

Is that how it happened?

To me, its much ado about nothing
I don't go nuts about Kanye (I do enjoy making fun of Kanye though)
Why go nuts over this? Its a big yawner
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:16:50 AM permalink

Winning....?

If you are young and are no longer penalized for choosing to not buy insurance, YES you are winning.

And when that young person gets into a car accident or faces some other medical emergency, WE lose.
Boz
Boz
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:18:33 AM permalink
http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/04/twin-peaks-harassment-lawsuit.html

Today’s story of stupidity. They thought they were signing up to work at a family restaurant. Morons, using a word Billy uses to describe posters on here, total morons.

Obviously Trump’s fault.
ams288
ams288
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:18:44 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I totally agree
AZ will never ever get it
Attraction to an adult male has nothing to do with pedophilia
This simple explanation will go over AZ's head.
He simply cant understand
sad

Another possibility is that he *does* understand and is just trolling.

Either way, just ignore him like I do.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:27:54 AM permalink

But healthcare isn't a game, soooo......

Quote:

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/04/twin-peaks-harassment-lawsuit.html

Today’s story of stupidity. They thought they were signing up to work at a family restaurant. Morons, using a word Billy uses to describe posters on here, total morons.

So sexual harassment is okay if you work at one of these places?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanked by
BozRogerKint
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:31:33 AM permalink

But healthcare isn't a game...

No. It's a scam.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Boz
Boz
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:34:04 AM permalink

But healthcare isn't a game, soooo......

So sexual harassment is okay if you work at one of these places?

No suggestions of sexual harassment, at least in the usual terms. More about wearing outfits they were not comfortable with. Which means you go work at a family restaurant. One step inside a Twin Peaks shows what the situation is.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:34:50 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Another possibility is that he *does* understand and is just trolling.

I knew lots and lots of Gay men in
Calif and when I was an antique
dealer for 20 years. Never once
in all the hundreds of conversations
and interactions I had, never once
did I hear a discussion on how these
Gay men loved and were turned on by
mature men their own age. There was
a constant and ongoing conversation
of what turned them on ,and it never
once involved males their own age or older.

Unless it was to make fun of older Gays,
there was a lot of that.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:39:17 AM permalink

And when that young person gets into a car accident or faces some other medical emergency, WE lose.

How exactly? They will get the medical bills.
ams288
ams288
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:41:19 AM permalink
While we're on the topic of pedophiles credibly accused child molesters: ROY MOORE is back in the news!

Roy Moore files lawsuit against 3 women, alleging 'political conspiracy'

Roy Moore, or as the Dems call him, "the gift that keeps on giving."
terapined
terapined
May 2nd, 2018 at 11:45:42 AM permalink

I knew lots and lots of Gay men in
Calif and when I was an antique
dealer for 20 years. Never once
in all the hundreds of conversations
and interactions I had, never once
did I hear a discussion on how these
Gay men loved and were turned on by
mature men their own age. There was
a constant and ongoing conversation
of what turned them on ,and it never
once involved males their own age or older.

Unless it was to make fun of older Gays,
there was a lot of that.

Sounds like you were not hanging with gay men
How did you find yourself involved with pedophiles?

I had a group of friends at work I hung with including gays and Women
The gays and women would joke that they are attracted to the same mature men lol
  • Jump to: