Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:05:53 AM permalink
Quote: wellwellwell

Whoa terapined,
You sound like a conservative.
Liberal leftists want the government to control everything in our lives. Anti-freedom.

In regards to gay issues
How is the govt controlling our lives?
I support gay marriage. Its all about freedom
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:12:02 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

The tax cut was sold as helping all Americans, and creating jobs, and better paying jobs at that. It's not happening. Have I personally benefited? Yes I have, because I have substantial investments. But, how it worked out for me was not the point of my post. Republicans lied.

No it was sold as helping all Federal Income Taxpayers. Big difference. And you would be hard pressed to find anyone in that group who won’t on their 2018 return.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:16:16 AM permalink

Is it too soon for an "I told you so?"

Krugman said he's "surprised at how little effect we're seeing on corporate spending."

Seriously?

Capital spending increased by 39% for the first quarter of 2018. That's the fastest growth in seven years.

First quarter GDP growth is typically sluggish. For the first quarter of 2018, GDP growth beat expectations of 2.0%, with 2.3% vs 1.8% for the first quarter of 2017.

Corporate profits surged 16.3% for the first quarter. The most in seven years.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:26:06 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Krugman said he's "surprised at how little effect we're seeing on corporate spending."

Seriously?

Capital spending increased by 39% for the first quarter of 2018. That's the fastest growth in seven years.

First quarter GDP growth is typically sluggish. For the first quarter of 2018, GDP growth beat expectations of 2.0%, with 2.3% vs 1.8% for the first quarter of 2017.

Thanks for this post. The libs want to ignore every positive thing that has come from the tax cut bill. Is it a good bill? Probably not, as I think raising the deficit is a non starter. But the left's "If Trump did it it must be bad, no matter what the evidence shows" grows tiresome. And as I always remind the complainers.... if now the top 1% only pay as much as 90 families each instead of 100, they aren't paying their fair share?

Edit.... and I also remind others that as a 'wealthy American' who happens to live in New York State I will be paying substantially more taxes with this tax 'cut' bill.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:32:11 AM permalink
Quote: wellwellwell

Whoa terapined,
You sound like a conservative.
Liberal leftists want the government to control everything in our lives. Anti-freedom.

By today's standards I'm considered liberal (I'm an independent). I want the gov out of my life pretty much 90%. The other 10% is the obvious necessity of government. Roads, defense, etc.

I actually think we should do away with representatives and put the power back to the people. I'm going to probably make a thread about this, and how EASY IT IS with today's technology to do. It would bypass the lobbyists and corruption and bring us back to a real democracy where the people and their vote has the power (as it should be). I'm more anti-government than most, but yet I'm called a liberal because I don't have a problem with blacks or women and I use common sense, facts, logic, and reasoning to assemble my ideals.

Hell, 20 years ago I'd be called a righty and a conservative more than likely. #TodaysRepublicans
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:34:49 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

My 401K's rate of return for 2018 is -0.86%

Mine is sitting at -2.17% right now.

IRA is down maybe a percent or so, YTD.

Taxable investments also down about a percent YTD.

2018 has been pretty stagnant, that's for sure.
rsactuary
rsactuary
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:42:31 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

No it was sold as helping all Federal Income Taxpayers. Big difference. And you would be hard pressed to find anyone in that group who won’t on their 2018 return.

Oh that's right, the teacher in Paul Ryan's district that gets an extra $5 a month.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
Romes
May 3rd, 2018 at 9:52:16 AM permalink

Seriously?

The top 10% own 85% of the stocks. The top 1% own 40% of the stocks. Only 53% of Americans have any investments in stocks. Here's the scorecard so far:

Shareholders - $171 billion

Workers - $6 billion

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/16/investing/stock-buybacks-tax-law-bonuses/index.html

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/26/investing/stock-buybacks-goldman-sachs/index.html?iid=EL

One-time bonuses do not equate to long term positive trends. Trickle down has never trickled down. Look at the income inequality data. Anybody who thinks that's not a very real and dangerous problem for our country is kidding themselves....or ideologically blind.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:23:54 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Seriously?

The top 10% own 85% of the stocks. The top 1% own 40% of the stocks. Only 53% of Americans have any investments in stocks. Here's the scorecard so far:

Workers - $6 billion

As it should be since the shareholders are taking all the risk. Shareholders make money and invest or spend it. Helps....................................wait for it....................................................................WORKERS!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:24:46 AM permalink

Oh that's right, the teacher in Paul Ryan's district that gets an extra $5 a month.

Let me guess, you are the guy that won’t bend over to pick up a penny either.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:43:22 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Seriously?

Workers - $6 billion

As it should be since the shareholders are taking all the risk. Shareholders make money and invest or spend it. Helps....................................wait for it....................................................................WORKERS!

We just have a fundamental disagreement about where the economic loop STARTS. In my opinion, it starts with.......................wait for it..................wait for it................................WORKERS, not shareholders.

A little outdated but his updated talk is also available. I'll try to find it and post.

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:47:22 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Has anyone told Rudy G that he is working for trump, not against him?

Scott Adams had this hilarious thing
last night where he would play what
Rudy said and then show where MS
got it completely wrong in reporting
it. Trump Derangement Syndrome
prevents you from hearing anything
correctly. It first is filtered thru your
TDS and is spit out by you as totally
different from reality.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rsactuary
rsactuary
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:50:24 AM permalink

Lame. When millionaires are getting thousands if not tens of thousands or more in benefits. Shame on you.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:50:54 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Trump Derangement Syndrome
different from reality.

If that's what TDS is, than Donald Trump himself has been infected. Quick! Somebody take his tanning bed away!
rsactuary
rsactuary
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:51:53 AM permalink

If that's what TDS is, than Donald Trump himself has been infected. Quick! Somebody take his tanning bed away!

EB clearly has it too! Wonder where he copied that quote from.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:54:36 AM permalink

As long as it's face up.....
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
RS
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:55:01 AM permalink

Lame. When millionaires are getting thousands if not tens of thousands or more in benefits. Shame on you.

But....wait a minute...let it sink in. They already pay MORE in taxes and a higher percentage of income. How anyone can say with a straight face you should pay a higher rate just because you have it is laughable. It’s the typical liberal garbage about being a victim and being cheated.

Shame on you for wanting to punish success with higher taxes.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:56:46 AM permalink
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 10:59:45 AM permalink

But....wait a minute...let it sink in. They already pay MORE in taxes and a higher percentage of income. How anyone can say with a straight face you should pay a higher rate just because you have it is laughable. It’s the typical liberal garbage about being a victim and being cheated.

Plenty of filthy stinking rich people say they aren't paying enough. I doubt they consider themselves victims.
rsactuary
rsactuary
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:10:19 AM permalink

Plenty of filthy stinking rich people say they aren't paying enough. I doubt they consider themselves victims.

Exactly.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:11:42 AM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: ams288 on May 3, 2018
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:12:06 AM permalink

Scott Adams had this hilarious thing
last night where he would play what
Rudy said and then show where MS
got it completely wrong in reporting
it. Trump Derangement Syndrome
different from reality.

Scott Adams doesn't exactly have a clear grip on reality, either. He originally endorsed Hillary Clinton because he thought if he did otherwise he would literally be murdered (Never mind the fact that nobody was forcing him to endorse anyone at all). He also said Hillary would cause a race war and if she became President there's a good chance he (Adams) would assassinated. Like I'm sure any government anywhere in the world would even waste a bullet to assassinate a comic strip artist who peaked in the '90's. Oh, he also said voting for Clinton is emasculating. Read his blog. The guy is not quite all there.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:16:26 AM permalink

Shame on you for thinking taxes are a punishment.
Boz
Boz
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:19:21 AM permalink

The IRS accepts donations. They just say that nonsense but never back it up with donations. There are no victims in America, except those who don’t achieve what they can because some liberal politicians allowed them to settle for less.

Liberals always throw out fair share and other garbage like that in order to keep people down and angry. Seems to be working perfectly in many major cities across America. Without them, we would no longer have a Democratic Party and POS’s like Bernie would actually have to get a job.
Boz
Boz
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:20:54 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Shame on you for thinking taxes are a punishment.

Unfair taxation is why we have an America today. Shame on you for being willing to accept unfair taxation, and accepting taxing one person a higher percentage than another.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:23:14 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I'm pretty sure we've got a couple of those here on these boards.

Alas, the forum rules prevent me from elaborating any further.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See, folks? This is how it's done. A doff of my cap to you, ams288.

Quote: Romes

This is literally a perfect counterpoint. You're saying because of someones sexual bias they couldn't be a cop. This says, because of someones sexual bias, they shouldn't be a baker. Or did that intellectual counterpoint go over your little brain?

Not for nothin', but while everyone was so hasty to churn venom and hurl it back, a kind of interesting point was made and ignored. And as a curious fellow, I'd kind of like to be informed. What DO you do with non-binary folks who work in fields where sex and gender matters? Sports, med, LEO, HR, there are plenty of places that do judge based on these criteria, and it determines what you can and cannot do. How do you handle it? Can I fire Eddie Izzard today, or does the shade of eyeshadow mean Julie has to do it? Can I restrain the dude trying to use his stick as a weapon, or because he's gay does that make my force sexual assault as opposed to SOP reffing? Seems to me that was AZD's initial point, another of "all are equal, but some are more than others". It's an interesting question, so if anyone feels like playing along with me for a bit...

Also a whistle stoppage. Penalty on #2, 2 mins for roughing. Or a handful of days for insult, whatever. Assuming 3, but I gotta check the list.

And is Romes Left or Right? I need to update the quota page...

ETA: It's 3.

Quote: terapined

Its called freedom
Govt needs to stay out of our lives
Don't like freedom, move to North Korea

Welcome to the gunner side. Ears are on the left, eyes on the right, range is at the end of the hall. Check your targets, nose over toes, and enjoy your stay.
Last edited by: Face on May 3, 2018
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:31:00 AM permalink

The IRS accepts donations. They just say that nonsense but never back it up with donations.

Nonsense? I'll take Bill Gates philanthropic record over Trump's any day. One says pay more, the other says paying none makes him smart. Awesome leader we have. Real stand up guy. /eye roll

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2017/08/15/philanthropy-king-bill-gates-gives-away-4-6-billion-unveils-new-campaign-to-combat-malaria/#2e6638f30d30

Seems to be working perfectly in many major cities across America. Without them, we would no longer have a Democratic Party and POS’s like Bernie would actually have to get a job.

I'm sure residents in blue states, with big cities and higher taxes, are growing tired of subsidizing red states with lower taxes.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:35:14 AM permalink

The IRS accepts donations. They just say that nonsense but never back it up with donations.

That's because simply donating money wouldn't solve the problem. It would be a temporary band-aid. The uber-rich want it to be actual policy and law so the rules would apply to everyone going forward.

Shame on you for being willing to accept unfair taxation, and accepting taxing one person a higher percentage than another.

There's nothing unfair about it. People with exponentially more income should pay exponentially more taxes. That is completely fair.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:35:41 AM permalink

Unfair taxation is why we have an America today. Shame on you for being willing to accept unfair taxation, and accepting taxing one person a higher percentage than another.

It sounds like you're an advocate of flat tax?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:42:52 AM permalink

The IRS accepts donations. They just say that nonsense but never back it up with donations. There are no victims in America, except those who don’t achieve what they can because some liberal politicians allowed them to settle for less.

I do not know the IRS does, but the Treasury will take them. You can reuest it be directed to one thing or another though that does not matter. You are correct, all thru the 2000s folks like Hillary and Obama kept bragging about how much money they had and did not "need" the tax cut. They could have sent it back. They did not.

Trump donates his salary back this way.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:44:26 AM permalink

Some agree with you. Lots of mention of workers here:

Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 11:52:19 AM permalink

Some agree with you. Lots of mention of workers here:

You're ridiculous. No sense in talking to you at all. I post two articles and videos with relevant information that contributes to the discussion, and you turn around and post this horse s**t.

By the way, Russia is flat-taxed.
Boz
Boz
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:03:57 PM permalink

It sounds like you're an advocate of flat tax?

Absolutely, with next to no deductions. I agree there are far too many loopholes still that allow many higher earners to reduce their effective rate. But I do also feel it should start at Dollar 1, which the left feels hurts the poor.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:07:08 PM permalink

Absolutely, with next to no deductions. I agree there are far too many loopholes still that allow many higher earners to reduce their effective rate. But I do also feel it should start at Dollar 1, which the left feels hurts the poor.

It doesn't hurt the poor? Does the baseline cost of living change with your income level? Of course not!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:09:19 PM permalink
A 30% tax on someone who earns $40k is a much higher burden on that individual than a 60% tax on someone who earns $5 million.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:11:29 PM permalink

But I do also feel it should start at Dollar 1, which the left feels hurts the poor.

It does.

That's not a political "touchy-feely" argument.

It's simple math.
Boz
Boz
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:15:22 PM permalink

It doesn't hurt the poor? Does the baseline cost of living change with your income level? Of course not!

There is something to be said for paying your “fair share” and doing your Patriotic Duty. Win/ win situation.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:36:43 PM permalink

There is something to be said for paying your “fair share” and doing your Patriotic Duty. Win/ win situation.

Does the baseline cost of living change with income level? Yes or no.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
Mooseton
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:48:21 PM permalink

By the way, Russia is flat-taxed.

Flat, round or square taxed. Russia
is a 3rd world country economically.
How they're taxed is irrelevant.

"Russia is 74th in the world in terms of GDP per capita, after Gabon and just above Botswana."
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:50:01 PM permalink
Quote: Face

S
Welcome to the gunner side. Ears are on the left, eyes on the right, range is at the end of the hall. Check your targets, nose over toes, and enjoy your stay.

I was talking about freedom
I know where you are coming from
You are on the trigger side
People like me will never ever be on the trigger side
Too many guns means more chance I will be on the other end of a gun losing my freedom
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:54:04 PM permalink

Flat, round or square taxed. Russia
is a 3rd world country economically.
How they're taxed is irrelevant.

"Russia is 74th in the world in terms of GDP per capita, after Gabon and just above Botswana."

Follow along...AZ made them relevant by injecting them into the discussion...for some strange and unknown reason.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2018 at 12:56:30 PM permalink

Follow along...AZ made them relevant by injecting them into the discussion...for some strange and unknown reason.

Maybe because it shows what happens when you claim to want to reward workers higher than providers of capital?
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:04:15 PM permalink

And my point is, who cares about
Russian finances, they're people
still can't even get toilet paper on
on a reliable basis. Even their
nuclear program was a joke. For
every nuke that worked, 4 didn't.
In their May Day parade of power
every year, 70% of the missiles
were fakes. And these are the
people the world is terrified of?
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:04:53 PM permalink

Maybe because it shows what happens when you claim to want to reward workers higher than providers of capital?

Man, if only you guys told the truth about your tax bill. You should've just outright come out and said you wanted to reward corporations more than workers. I'm sure that would've went over real well.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:13:11 PM permalink

Man, if only you guys told the truth about your tax bill. You should've just outright come out and said you wanted to reward corporations more than workers. I'm sure that would've went over real well.

Corporations were paying more than workers so hard not to reward them more.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:19:52 PM permalink

And these are the
people the world is terrified of?

Not the world.... just the Trump administration.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:35:00 PM permalink
Kanye Effect: Black Male Approval of Trump Doubles in One Week

"If this stat is correct, it is not so much that Kanye West is changing minds, it is more that he is making it okay to admit what you believe. In other words, he is legitimizing a line of thought in black America that has been declared off limits. That, of course, terrifies the organized left and the media more than anything."
rsactuary
rsactuary
Thanked by
ams288
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:42:37 PM permalink

"If this stat is correct, it is not so much that Kanye West is changing minds, it is more that he is making it okay to admit what you believe. In other words, he is legitimizing a line of thought in black America that has been declared off limits. That, of course, terrifies the organized left and the media more than anything."

so instead of one black male supporting Trump (Ben Carson), there are now two (Ben Carson and Kanye West). I'm not concerned.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:47:04 PM permalink

Of course it terrorizes the left. Without their hammer-lock on the Black vote winning a POTUS vote becomes next to impossible. Blacks are almost 1 in 4 of their votes. Sooner or later they have to wake up to see what pawns they have been used as.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:52:05 PM permalink

so instead of one black male supporting Trump (Ben Carson), there are now two (Ben Carson and Kanye West). I'm not concerned.

That's funny.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
  • Jump to: