Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 4th, 2018 at 2:20:30 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I was reading that CNN is losing viewers
because of Slutty 'Sloppy' Daniels lawyer.

Where did you "read" this? I just did some googling and couldn't find anything to support this claim. I even went to Fox News and there was nothing on their front page about it. (Although they did have several stories about Hillary Clinton since they are absolutely obsessed with her.)

EDIT: I did find this, though: CNN beats MSNBC for 46th straight month
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 4th, 2018 at 2:25:52 PM permalink
Speaking of Fox News:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
May 4th, 2018 at 2:25:55 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It is not hate. It's math.

I showed you the math. You pooh pooh the math. Math is the top half is paying nearly everything, Top part of that top half is paying most of that. You refuse to accept the math.

I'm wording it wrong. My apologies...

What I'm trying to say is that a poor person's baseline cost of living is the same as a rich person's. But they are using a greater percentage of income on just living. So if they are being taxed flat, AND paying other taxes, it becomes regressive in combination.

Life isn't fair. But paying an equal percent in taxes is as fair as it can get.

Also, I think you do not understand what life is like for a "rich" person. You act as though rich people get wheelbarrows full of money delivered three times daily by a guy dressed like the Monopoly guy. In fact, most "rich" people I know work their tails off. Some are not able to take a paycheck for most of the year, they have to put aside for lean business times. Some are "rich" because they had a good year last year (we really need to bring income averaging back!) Many clip coupons and most watch their pennies, same as a "poor" person.

The difference is how they get to where they are. They do not take stupid majors in college. They work smart. They put their money in things that produce income. They live below their means, even when they have much means. They take the job with a better top end but where they have to produce. Or they sink money, blood, and sweat into their own businesses. They do not let themselves get pregnant when they cannot support themselves and not before they are married. If male, they do not father children they cannot support, and again not outside marriage. If you are a guy, that is 15% of your income, off the top!

What they do not do is cry that someone else has more and ask the government to "fix" things.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
gamerfreak
May 4th, 2018 at 3:01:29 PM permalink
There is a point with which I disagree.

Paying an equal percentage independent of income is not fair. The percentage may be the same, but that does not make it fair.

Having the same burden of affordability no matter what income is fair.

Someone who makes 40,000 an afford less as a percentage than someone who makes 140,000.

Why is it "fair" to put more of a financial burden on the person who makes 40,000?

I've also pointed out that, wouldn't it be most fair if everyone paid the same amount? The federal budget divided by the population was $12,000. The average american family size is 2.58. Wouldn't the most fair to be to ask every family to pay the $30,960 portion of the federal budget?

Summary: the same number before the percent sign does not equal fairness.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
AZDuffman
May 4th, 2018 at 4:17:12 PM permalink
Federal Judge Accuses Mueller's Team of 'lying,' Trying to Target Trump

A federal judge on Friday harshly rebuked Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team during a hearing for ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort – suggesting they lied about the scope of the investigation, are seeking “unfettered power” and are more interested in bringing down the president.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
May 4th, 2018 at 4:29:39 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Selfish is about wanting what someone else has just because they have it. Same with greed.

Because someone has something is not the reason we want other people to have something. Sorry. You're still the definition of selfishness and greed.

If the whole world was starving, and no one had any food to give, the reason to have food is because it is inherently necessary, and good in itself.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 4th, 2018 at 4:30:55 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Where did you "read" this?

Why? Every time I post a source y'all
laugh and laugh and dismiss it. Why
bother posting it.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 4th, 2018 at 4:36:50 PM permalink

Federal Judge Accuses Mueller's Team of 'lying,' Trying to Target Trump

A federal judge on Friday harshly rebuked Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team during a hearing for ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort – suggesting they lied about the scope of the investigation, are seeking “unfettered power” and are more interested in bringing down the president.

The memo he wants to review gave Mueller the authorization to investigate crimes related to Manafor'ts Ukraine work.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 4th, 2018 at 4:54:17 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Because someone has something is not the reason we want other people to have something.

Sure it is! Why do we keep hearing about "the rich paying their fair share" and that share is never enough? For more proof, liberals never want to help people earn for themselves, they want to take from one group and give it to another group.

Quote:

If the whole world was starving, and no one had any food to give, the reason to have food is because it is inherently necessary, and good in itself.

This makes no sense to the point of the conversation. But just so you know, the reason the world is well fed is because fewer producers than ever produce more food than ever. But had we used liberal logic we would have taken 90% of the food from the producers. Wonder how much food they would then produce in following years?
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 4th, 2018 at 5:01:43 PM permalink

Why? Every time I post a source y'all
laugh and laugh and dismiss it. Why
bother posting it.

So you have no credible evidence. Got it.

EDIT: Saying CNN viewership has dropped is an objective and quantifiable claim. Either it has, or it hasn't. You are claiming to have evidence of a drop (a quantifiable claim), and also claiming that drop is a direct result of Avenetti (something arguable, but at the very least could be strongly correlated.). All I'm asking is what that evidence is. The fact that you are not posting said evidence is a strong indicator that you are either making it up (lying) or someone else is and you are quoting them without doing the research.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 4th, 2018 at 5:05:54 PM permalink

The memo he wants to review gave Mueller the authorization to investigate crimes related to Manafor'ts Ukraine work.

Cite?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
May 4th, 2018 at 5:10:40 PM permalink

I just did some googling and couldn't find anything to support this claim.

Three clicks on a superior search engine instead of predetermined Google produces this excerpt:

"At some point, the sensational must lead to news of substance. A journalistic conclusion that Trump is a cad hardly moves the “this is news” needle on the public barometer.

CNN’s warped obsession with reporting about supposed adultery demonstrates a larger problem at the once-proud and groundbreaking channel. CNN’s focus is not on news, but on distracting itself and the nation’s news consumers with peripheral and sensation gibberish that fails to enhance the national dialogue. In the run-up and aftermath to the recently passed government spending bill, CNN mentioned McDougal and Daniels more than three times as often as the spending bill. The spending bill, of course, isn’t photogenic, but it impacts citizens way more than a playmate model.

Even with the occasional ratings bump created by frenzied coverage of adulterous romps, CNN struggles to find an audience. Cooper normally gathers just over a million viewers per night for his two-hour prime-time show. That’s almost a half-million viewers fewer than disgraced anchor Brian Williams can generate for his 11 p.m. newscast on location from Siberia on MSNBC.

CNN wants to be “the most trusted name in news,” and likes to suggest it is on the objective, high road compared to more partisan competitors at MSNBC and Fox News Channel. News consumers who are political moderates or right-leaning, however, have a hard time buying that promotional line. CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta is working hard to be the Trump administration’s harshest antagonist. CNN provided massive airtime and follow-up analysis to former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg in early March. Almost three-fourths of CNN’s time over an eight hour period focused on Nunberg, who has since drifted into insignificance." --Hill
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 4th, 2018 at 5:20:05 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Three clicks on a superior search engine instead of predetermined Google produces this excerpt:

"At some point, the sensational must lead to news of substance. A journalistic conclusion that Trump is a cad hardly moves the “this is news” needle on the public barometer.

CNN’s warped obsession with reporting about supposed adultery demonstrates a larger problem at the once-proud and groundbreaking channel. CNN’s focus is not on news, but on distracting itself and the nation’s news consumers with peripheral and sensation gibberish that fails to enhance the national dialogue. In the run-up and aftermath to the recently passed government spending bill, CNN mentioned McDougal and Daniels more than three times as often as the spending bill. The spending bill, of course, isn’t photogenic, but it impacts citizens way more than a playmate model.

Even with the occasional ratings bump created by frenzied coverage of adulterous romps, CNN struggles to find an audience. Cooper normally gathers just over a million viewers per night for his two-hour prime-time show. That’s almost a half-million viewers fewer than disgraced anchor Brian Williams can generate for his 11 p.m. newscast on location from Siberia on MSNBC.

CNN wants to be “the most trusted name in news,” and likes to suggest it is on the objective, high road compared to more partisan competitors at MSNBC and Fox News Channel. News consumers who are political moderates or right-leaning, however, have a hard time buying that promotional line. CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta is working hard to be the Trump administration’s harshest antagonist. CNN provided massive airtime and follow-up analysis to former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg in early March. Almost three-fourths of CNN’s time over an eight hour period focused on Nunberg, who has since drifted into insignificance." --Hill

I'm guessing this is proof of ebs statement? Even though it says nothing remotely like that.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 4th, 2018 at 5:34:40 PM permalink

Life isn't fair. But paying an equal percent in taxes is as fair as it can get.

Paying an equal amount would be far more fair than paying an equal percentage. To cover the $1.3 trillion in spending Trump wants this year would require every American to pay $4,000. Having some people pay millions, while many pay zero is far less fair.

-----

One problem with a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage on income is that the burden it would put on the lowest income earners would cause them to simply drop out of the workforce and accept welfare benefits. Everyone in the lowest income range would instantly transition from being an asset to economy to being a liability. One solution would be to cut welfare, but Trump won't do that, so we're instead better off with his progressive tax system
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 4th, 2018 at 5:58:28 PM permalink

I do my own thinking and writing
Yawn
one of a gazillion opinions on the internet.
Finding an opinion on the internet that supports you is pretty meaningless
If I am going to spout an opinion, I am certainly not going to copy and paste sentence after sentence, paragraph after paragraph.
What's the point.
The least you can do for the forum, just include a key sentence or 2 then the link
I may read an original Sancho post
Copying and pasting one of the gazillion internet opinions, my eyes glazes over this junk, especially long junk
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
May 4th, 2018 at 6:40:02 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I do my own thinking and writing
Yawn

So yawning is one poor substitute for factual reality, something that the Hill article had plenty of.
Quote:

one of a gazillion opinions on the internet.
Finding an opinion on the internet that supports you is pretty meaningless
If I am going to spout an opinion, I am certainly not going to copy and paste sentence after sentence, paragraph after paragraph.
What's the point.
The least you can do for the forum, just include a key sentence or 2 then the link
I may read an original Sancho post
Copying and pasting one of the gazillion internet opinions, my eyes glazes over this junk, especially long junk

Yup it's tough reading more than two sentences of solid facts. We have seen that problem quite a few times hereabouts.
terapined
terapined
May 4th, 2018 at 7:02:21 PM permalink

So yawning is one poor substitute for factual reality, something that the Hill article had plenty of.
Yup it's tough reading more than two sentences of solid facts. We have seen that problem quite a few times hereabouts.

No its not tough
Its that copy and paste posts are weak
Real weak
Real long copy and paste posts, the weakest

We got some real good writers on this forum. They are a real asset. That's why I come here.
Then there are those that just copy and paste
rxwine
rxwine
May 4th, 2018 at 7:23:12 PM permalink

Sure it is! Why do we keep hearing about "the rich paying their fair share" and that share is never enough?

Other than saying people have different views on the amount, that's completely made up that it's never enough.

Quote:

For more proof, liberals never want to help people earn for themselves, they want to take from one group and give it to another group.

When my tax money goes for some war I don't support, I don't whine every minute like conservatives about someone stealing my money like the selfish conservatives. I believe my tax money is supposed to spread around where it's needed.

Quote:

This makes no sense to the point of the conversation. But just so you know, the reason the world is well fed is because fewer producers than ever produce more food than ever. But had we used liberal logic we would have taken 90% of the food from the producers. Wonder how much food they would then produce in following years?

It doesn't make sense if you weren't able to figure out why it make sense. When one is sick, one wants to be healthy because being sick makes you feel bad. Being hungry isn't pleasant either. Living without a roof over your head is also unpleasant for most people when it's full time. Not making enough to meet basic needs is unpleasant. Not being able to buy things your kids needs is primarily bad for you and your kids, not selfishness. Let's remember why the Republicans are often accurately called the party of mean. Mean spirited.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 4th, 2018 at 7:29:18 PM permalink

As billryan said, that has nothing to do with EvenBob's claim.

I found countless links, on Google no less, regarding CNN's loss of viewership over the years. That is not really in question.

I was questioning EvenBob's claim that over the last 60 days, CNN viewership has dropped specifically because of Avenetti's repeated appearance on the channel.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
May 4th, 2018 at 7:35:55 PM permalink

No its not tough
Its that copy and paste posts are weak
Real weak
Real long copy and paste posts, the weakest

We got some real good writers on this forum. They are a real asset. That's why I come here.
Then there are those that just copy and paste

Too bad that many of them can't cite factual statements.
Just a few of documented, but apparently unanswerable facts in the limited excerpt allowed to be posted here:

“In the run-up and aftermath to the recently passed government spending bill, CNN mentioned McDougal and Daniels more than three times as often as the spending bill.”

“Cooper normally gathers just over a million viewers per night for his two-hour prime-time show. That’s almost a half-million viewers fewer than disgraced anchor Brian Williams can generate for his 11 p.m. newscast on location from Siberia on MSNBC.”

“Cooper normally gathers just over a million viewers per night for his two-hour prime-time show. That’s almost a half-million viewers fewer than disgraced anchor Brian Williams can generate for his 11 p.m. newscast on location from Siberia on MSNBC.”

Many more substantive facts about the situation are in the entire article in addition to the excerpt that begins about the third or fourth sentence (Surprise!) of the cited article.
terapined
terapined
May 4th, 2018 at 8:56:53 PM permalink

Too bad that many of them can't cite factual statements.
Just a few of documented, but apparently unanswerable facts in the limited excerpt allowed to be posted here:

Yadda Yadda Yadda
Why do conservatives go nuts over MSNBC and CNN :-)
To be honest
I don't have the foggiest idea why anybody would watch FOX/CNN/MSNBC
Unless there is some major breaking news story, its pretty much pointless
I have to admit I do watch CNN Headline news in the morning but can you blame me, Robin Mead is hot
NBA basketball playoffs and the Shohie Ohtani show are on. Its a no brainer what I'm gonna watch.
Gotta be nuts if you care about what's on CNN/MSNBC/FOX :-)

(no copy and paste in this post)
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 4th, 2018 at 9:26:14 PM permalink
It must pain CNN to carry this:

CNN: Special Counsel Hits Snag in Bringing a Criminal Case Against Russians

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/special-counsel-hits-snag-in-bringing-a-criminal-case-against-russians/ar-AAwLO24?ocid=spartandhp

The only people that Mueller's band of Lib
screw up's might have election interference
on is refusing to acknowledge his existence.

"Special counsel Robert Mueller's office appears to be in an early stalemate in its efforts to bring a criminal case against Russians allegedly involved in Moscow's efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election.
Although one Russian company indicted by Mueller in February, Concord Management and Consulting, has US attorneys and a court hearing scheduled, the special counsel's team hasn't been able to reach the company or its co-defendants. "

lol
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 4th, 2018 at 9:30:33 PM permalink
What sort of jackal celebrates foreign interference in our election process?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 4th, 2018 at 9:41:31 PM permalink

Yadda Yadda Yadda
Why do conservatives go nuts over MSNBC and CNN :-)
To be honest
I don't have the foggiest idea why anybody would watch FOX/CNN/MSNBC
Unless there is some major breaking news story, its pretty much pointless
I have to admit I do watch CNN Headline news in the morning but can you blame me, Robin Mead is hot
NBA basketball playoffs and the Shohie Ohtani show are on. Its a no brainer what I'm gonna watch.
Gotta be nuts if you care about what's on CNN/MSNBC/FOX :-)

(no copy and paste in this post)

Why :) do you go nuts :-) when
EB does a copy/paste :) of
An article? Do you really come here
Because of the good writers
Here? :)
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
May 4th, 2018 at 9:58:49 PM permalink

Quote: billryan

I'm guessing this is proof of ebs statement? Even though it says nothing remotely like that.

It is a response to Tiger Wu's question just above it.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
May 4th, 2018 at 10:58:18 PM permalink

ss

You went a little too far there.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
May 5th, 2018 at 12:14:06 AM permalink

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/special-counsel-hits-snag-in-bringing-a-criminal-case-against-russians/ar-AAwLO24?ocid=spartandhp

"Special counsel Robert Mueller's office appears to be in an early stalemate in its efforts to bring a criminal case against Russians allegedly involved in Moscow's efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election.
Although one Russian company indicted by Mueller in February, Concord Management and Consulting, has US attorneys and a court hearing scheduled, the special counsel's team hasn't been able to reach the company or its co-defendants. "
lol

Thanks for posting this. It shows that you don't read past the headlines and that your posts are irrelevant. It says nothing about the legitimacy of the charges brought by Mueller... only the difficulty of bringing people to court to charge them.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
May 5th, 2018 at 1:45:26 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

lol

Thanks for posting this. It shows that you don't read past the headlines and that your posts are irrelevant. It says nothing about the legitimacy of the charges brought by Mueller... only the difficulty of bringing people to court to charge them.

Mueller is the one who should be investigated and charged with many crimes.

https://directorblue.blogspot.com/2018/05/monumental-naked-truth-about-robert.html by Rep. Louis Gohmert

"Contempt of Congress. He knows Mueller’s FBI framed innocent people and had no remorse in doing so.

Let’s look at what we know. What I have accumulated here is absolutely shocking upon the realization that Mueller's disreputable, twisted history speaks to the character of the man placed in a position to attempt to legalize a coup against a lawfully-elected President. "
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 5th, 2018 at 3:38:53 AM permalink

It doesn't make sense if you weren't able to figure out why it make sense. When one is sick, one wants to be healthy because being sick makes you feel bad. Being hungry isn't pleasant either. Living without a roof over your head is also unpleasant for most people when it's full time. Not making enough to meet basic needs is unpleasant. Not being able to buy things your kids needs is primarily bad for you and your kids, not selfishness. Let's remember why the Republicans are often accurately called the party of mean. Mean spirited.

Mean-spirited? Republicans are the ones who say, "here is how to help yourself." Democrats say, "You are incapable of making it on your own!"

Yes, lets remember why the Republicans are called "mean-spirited." It is because liberals cannot defend their positions so have to call names.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 5th, 2018 at 4:22:52 AM permalink

Kate Bolduan 😍😍😍😍😍
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
May 5th, 2018 at 4:46:44 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

"If J. Edgar Hoover had moved at this pace, John Dillinger would have died of old age." - Pat Buchanan

Meuller has a history of failures, and he's destroyed the lives of innocent people to cover-up those failures. He blew the anthrax investigation when he pursued an innocent Dr. Steve Hatfill for six years while the real killer roamed free. Raided his home and office. Cost him his job and ruined his life. After six years of bungling, a new team of FBI investigators found the real culprit in only ninety days, and the Justice Department settled with Hatfill for $5.82 million.

As the Gohmert Report reveals, we taxpayers had to pay $100 million to compensate four defendants who were framed for murder by FBI agents under Meulller’s control.

When Congressman Weldon rightfully criticized Mueller and the FBI, Mueller’s FBI raided his home and office, as well as his daughters home. Weldon lost his bid for re-election, and everything taken was returned to him a year later with “no questions, no grand jury investigation, nothing.” Mission accomplished.

He might subpoena Trump just before the November elections, when it will have the most impact. Perhaps another FBI raid on someone's office. It’s his modus operandi.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 5th, 2018 at 7:57:52 AM permalink

He definitely *should* be. Unfortunately our current president has decided to be as soft as possible on crime, so it will never happen
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 5th, 2018 at 7:59:01 AM permalink

lol

Okay.

I am now 100% convinced you are a troll.
petroglyph
petroglyph
May 5th, 2018 at 5:32:56 PM permalink
Funny stuff. Russian "troll" company calls Mueller's bluff, now Mueller is backpedaling. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-russia-interference-election-case-delay-570627
rxwine
rxwine
May 5th, 2018 at 6:20:06 PM permalink
Not really much different than Snowden or Roman Polanski. Both protected from prosecution by the host country. Mexican citizens can escape capital punishment if they can get back across the border, even though they can get extradited back to the US to serve life in prison. If I know all this, I'm sure Mueller's team knew it even before they started.

There was zero bluffing.

Heck we have accused terrorists we can't get to either for the same reason, without a under the radar Navy seal operation.

What's funny about any of it?
petroglyph
petroglyph
May 5th, 2018 at 7:22:26 PM permalink

What's funny about any of it?

Because it was so friggin stupid to claim 13 Russians altered the outcome of the US Presidential election. Stupid, asinine, etc. Mueller never thought for a second that after he blamed a few Russians, that they would defend themselves.

Facebook and Twitter had much more to do with influencing the election. It's funny when this criminal bully gets called out on his bs. Now he is trying to change the rules.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 5th, 2018 at 7:36:36 PM permalink

Okay.

I am now 100% convinced you are a troll.

I never know what this means. Troll is
a meaningless word now for somebody
who's post you don't like.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 5th, 2018 at 7:40:55 PM permalink

Because it was so friggin stupid to claim 13 Russians altered the outcome of the US Presidential election. Stupid, asinine, etc. Mueller never thought for a second that after he blamed a few Russians, that they would defend themselves.

Mueller is the guy who knowingly put 4 people
in prison who were innocent. He's the guy who
botched the anthrax investigation. God knows
how many crimes he'll be guilty of by the time
his Gestapo witch hunt of Trump is over.
rxwine
rxwine
May 5th, 2018 at 7:47:11 PM permalink

Because it was so friggin stupid to claim 13 Russians altered the outcome of the US Presidential election.

interfered not altered,

But attempted crime is almost always a crime. I was gonna say always, but maybe there are exceptions.

If someone attempts to firebomb your house but fails, still going to jail.
petroglyph
petroglyph
May 5th, 2018 at 8:10:07 PM permalink

interfered not altered,

You are saying they interfered but didn't alter the election? So they are guilty of what then?

There are those on the left that wanted to go to war over Russian interference. What a bunch of apes.
rxwine
rxwine
May 5th, 2018 at 9:40:02 PM permalink

You are saying they interfered but didn't alter the election? So they are guilty of what then?

If a stranger you had an argument with earlier in day shows up outside your home and fires a bullet at you or one of your family members and misses, do you want him charged with anything if no one was hurt?

Are you going to act like nothing is wrong? Seriously.

Maybe I should just ask why anyone thinks it's okay to attempt crimes, as long as you don't succeed, it's okay. If that logic makes sense to you, no sense anyone wasting their time trying to explain.
rxwine
rxwine
May 6th, 2018 at 1:11:58 AM permalink
Quote:

The North's official KCNA news agency said Washington was "misleading public opinion" by claiming the denuclearisation pledge was the result of sanctions and other pressure.

The United States should not "deliberately provoke" the North by moving to deploy strategic assets in South Korea and raising human rights issues, KCNA said, citing a foreign ministry spokesman.

"This act cannot be construed otherwise than a dangerous attempt to ruin the hardly-won atmosphere of dialogue and bring the situation back to square one," the spokesman was quoted as saying. It would not be conducive to resolving the issue of denuclearisation if Washington miscalculated North Korea's "peace-loving intention" as a sign of weakness and continued to pursue its pressure and military threats, KCNA said.

Okay, I'll still give Trump the benefit of the doubt here, however, if it falls apart, it will likely mean the pressure is not that significant a factor as was assumed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nkorea-says-denuclearisation-pledge-not-result-of-us-led-sanctions/ar-AAwOQt4?ocid=spartanntp
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 6th, 2018 at 3:23:33 AM permalink

There are those on the left that wanted to go to war over Russian interference. What a bunch of apes.

I wonder if those same lefties would have called for Dan Rather to go to prison when he interfered in 2004?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 6th, 2018 at 5:22:33 AM permalink

Less than 1 million people pay 39% of all taxes.
Less than 2 million pay 70% of all taxes.
45% pay ZERO taxes!

I want a liberal to address these numbers. 2 million out of our 325 million pay 70% of our taxes. I guess the numbers are just shocking to me. Do you truly believe that it is fairer for the 'rich' to pay even more? How much is enough? Should the top 2 million Americans pay 90% of our taxes? How about all of the taxes?
rxwine
rxwine
May 6th, 2018 at 5:59:36 AM permalink

I wonder if those same lefties would have called for Dan Rather to go to prison when he interfered in 2004?

Was he convicted of a crime? Then he should go to prison if that is the sentence. Some people seem to have trouble with how the system works. Need a review?
rxwine
rxwine
May 6th, 2018 at 6:15:46 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I want a liberal to address these numbers. 2 million out of our 325 million pay 70% of our taxes. I guess the numbers are just shocking to me. Do you truly believe that it is fairer for the 'rich' to pay even more? How much is enough? Should the top 2 million Americans pay 90% of our taxes? How about all of the taxes?

Do you vote?

Yes? No?

Get more people to vote for lower taxes on the wealthy through their representatives. No one is forcing you to become wealthy and pay higher taxes or stay in the country if you don't like it.

It's pretty much the same answer I have for myself for anything I don't like.

Many people on your side of the aisle have been talking for years and years about fixing the tax system in many ways which they never get around to doing or convincing other people to do it their way.

Heck, wealthy people I suppose are special interest group if they want to be. Not normally one of the charities on anyone's list. Yeah, probably why they end up worrying about themselves with little help except what they can buy. So... tears for the wealthy.
terapined
terapined
May 6th, 2018 at 6:48:15 AM permalink

That Mueller's job determining what somebody should be charged with
Why are conservatives going nuts over this
I lean left yet I never ever complained about the Benghazi investigation
Look back and you will see that I never ever complained about it. Never demanded it be ended
I simply don't trust power regardless if a Dem or Republican
I support all law enforcement investigations
I was ok with Ken Starr
I was ok with the Benghazi investigation
I am ok with Mueller
Why are conservatives going nuts over Mueller?
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
May 6th, 2018 at 7:43:54 AM permalink

Why are conservatives going nuts over Mueller?

Because they know their man is guilty.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
Thanked by
RS
May 6th, 2018 at 7:57:10 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Because they know their man is guilty.

Are you offering odds?
What exactly do you believe President Trump to be guilty of? (please cite legal statutes rather than vague allegations of "collusion" (which is not a crime) so that we can have an intelligent discussion of the legal matters)
  • Jump to: