Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
April 30th, 2018 at 5:21:47 AM permalink
I think Kanye is just bitter about the time Obama called him an ass.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 30th, 2018 at 5:25:44 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I think Kanye is just bitter about the time Obama called him an ass.

Donald and Kayne were both publicly humiliated by Obama, and clearly neither of them has been able to get over it...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
April 30th, 2018 at 6:49:23 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Kanye West. If he's so crazy, why
is the Left so upset over what he says.
They obviously put great stock in
his opinion, they're going nuts
over him supporting Trump.

Who are all these people on the left supposedly going crazy over this? Where are you seeing this happen?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
darkoz
April 30th, 2018 at 6:55:25 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Who are all these people on the left supposedly going crazy over this? Where are you seeing this happen?

When EB talks about the left, he is clearly talking about the stuff he’s made up with the left side of his brain.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
April 30th, 2018 at 10:24:27 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

There is a time and a place, Let players act like asses on their own time. People paid to watch a game, not a protest.

Perfect time and place. Not hurting anybody, PEACEFULLY protesting, while calling attention to the issue. I know you think athletes should just "shut up and dribble" but I happen to admire those that use their platform, whatever that platform happens to be, to advance a cause that is obviously important to our society as a whole.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 30th, 2018 at 10:48:30 AM permalink
All these headlines about Trump might
get a Nobel for N Korea. What a joke, he
can never compete with what Obama did
to win his.

Snicker..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 30th, 2018 at 10:54:04 AM permalink

to win his.

Snicker..

Yeah, bully NK into surrender.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
ams288
ams288
April 30th, 2018 at 11:07:24 AM permalink

to win his.

Snicker..

The Nobel committee would never give Donald one, even if he deserved it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
April 30th, 2018 at 11:30:37 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Perfect time and place. Not hurting anybody, PEACEFULLY protesting, while calling attention to the issue. I know you think athletes should just "shut up and dribble" but I happen to admire those that use their platform, whatever that platform happens to be, to advance a cause that is obviously important to our society as a whole.

No, awful time and place. They are upsetting the CUSTOMER. who does not want to watch their nonsense. Yes, I do say they need to shut up and play, like they are paid to do.

Course I have already tuned out, and am not alone.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
April 30th, 2018 at 11:43:20 AM permalink

I'd lay odds that if the players en masse made protests just outside the stadium, the snowflakes would still complain.

They are not delaying or interrupting the game. Peaceful, not asking for violence.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2018 at 12:03:14 PM permalink

No, awful time and place. They are upsetting the CUSTOMER

They are upsetting SOME customers, because those customers have selective outrage. Vote for a guy that says America is s**t for a year and half, did not serve himself, all the while criticizing a POW for his aviation skillset, but boycott a form of entertainment because athletes are utilizing their 1A rights, one of the things that makes our country great. Ironic, wouldn't ya say? It's also interesting that it's the very same people upset over the WHCD. Apparently it's okay to call other countries s**tholes behind closed doors but it's not okay to say the press secretary has a smoky eye? Call Mexican men rapists but don't you dare say that Kelly Anne should get stuck under a tree! lol, and liberals are the snowflakes? Get real.

Course I have already tuned out, and am not alone.

Bye Felicia.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 30th, 2018 at 12:11:07 PM permalink
You will be missed.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 30th, 2018 at 12:18:14 PM permalink
Regardless of which side you are on, it’s obvious the NFL is concerned about it. Why else would Kaepernick not have a job? The owners don’t want the distractions he brings.

Like the left says all the time, you are welcome to say what you believe, and we are welcome to punish you for it.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
April 30th, 2018 at 12:35:48 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Like the left says all the time, you are welcome to say what you believe, and we are welcome to punish you for it.

I'm okay with that, but the right has often complained about violence in protests as if that made some difference in how they were going to ultimately react. If you can't abide peaceful protests no sense making other excuses.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 30th, 2018 at 1:06:01 PM permalink
I just don’t like those protests because they’re often protesting some make believe nonsense that doesn’t exist (EG: Michael Brown).
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 30th, 2018 at 1:08:46 PM permalink

We can agree to disagree. I have an employer and a place of business where I work. I do not make visible political protests at work without the knowledge AND APPROVAL of my employer. I can make any political statements I want when not at work and not at my place of business. KAepernick did not understand that he was someone's employee. Now he is no ones employee!
billryan
billryan
April 30th, 2018 at 1:16:42 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I just don’t like those protests because they’re often protesting some make believe nonsense that doesn’t exist (EG: Michael Brown).

Yes, because everyone knows there is no police brutality in the USofA. None . Zero. Nunca.
Why would people protest a non-existent problem?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
April 30th, 2018 at 1:20:07 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

We can agree to disagree. I have an employer and a place of business where I work. I do not make visible political protests at work without the knowledge AND APPROVAL of my employer. I can make any political statements I want when not at work and not at my place of business. KAepernick did not understand that he was someone's employee. Now he is no ones employee!

As the NFL could have put a rule in place anytime prior, it seems to me the NFL owners gave tacit approval of any such protest. Even now, except for one or to two of them, they are more concerned about Trump, who tried to sue his way into the league and has been rejected by NFL owners at least one other time, doing something else to try and hurt their business.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 30th, 2018 at 1:25:19 PM permalink
Professional sports are a GSE, and as a government sponsored enterprise they are not allowed to make political statements not approved my the authority's. The players that feel "so" strongly about kneeling should just walk off the field never to return. Or self immolate, to prove they are serious.

I do not approve of my tax dollars being spent to support such blatant anti Americanism.

I will be fine if NFL goes bankrupt and there are only school games.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 30th, 2018 at 1:29:07 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

As the NFL could have put a rule in place anytime prior, it seems to me the NFL owners gave tacit approval of any such protest. Even now, except for one or to two of them, they are more concerned about Trump, who tried to sue his way into the league and has been rejected by NFL owners at least one other time, doing something else to try and hurt their business.

Have you ever had a boss? I just checked my contract and nowhere in it does it say I am not allowed to walk into the pre-op area and start chanting anti-Governor Cuomo slogans. Do you think I should just do so? I do have some strong feelings! You really believe the owners gave Kaepernick tacit approval? I'd say quite the opposite, as the fact that not a single team has signed him despite signing dozens of quarterbacks with clearly inferior football talent to him has proven.
billryan
billryan
April 30th, 2018 at 1:32:48 PM permalink

Have you ever had a boss? I just checked my contract and nowhere in it does it say I am not allowed to walk into the pre-op area and start chanting anti-Governor Cuomo slogans. Do you think I should just do so? I do have some strong feelings! You really believe the owners gave Kaepernick tacit approval? I'd say quite the opposite, as the fact that not a single team has signed him despite signing dozens of quarterbacks with clearly inferior football talent to him has proven.

Did a single NFL player engage in any sort of chant? They silently protested.
If you feel you can't silently protest at your workplace, perhaps you should find a new one, if that is important to you.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2018 at 1:34:57 PM permalink

Yet, dozens of players that have took a knee or continue to kneel are still employed by the NFL.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 30th, 2018 at 1:52:57 PM permalink

If you feel you can't silently protest at your workplace, perhaps you should find a new one, if that is important to you.

OK, if I silently protest at work by taking a knee in the preop holding area, I don't think my employer would look upon that kindly. There are places to protest and places not to protest. It is my opinion that your place of work is not a place to protest,unless your employer gives you explicit, not tacit, approval. I am being paid to work when I'm at my workplace, not given time to silently protest.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 30th, 2018 at 1:56:12 PM permalink

Yet, dozens of players that have took a knee or continue to kneel are still employed by the NFL.

And that to me is 100% up to the discretion of their employer. The employer will figure out if it is worth it to have the distraction of the player versus the players value to the team. If Kaepernick was as good as Brady or Rogers I think he would still be hurling footballs in the NFL. The fact that he is just a mid-level back up in ability right now makes the value /distraction ratio less than one. You really can't argue with me on this one because if I was wrong he would be on a team right now!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 30th, 2018 at 2:06:01 PM permalink

OK, if I silently protest at work by taking a knee in the preop holding area, I don't think my employer would look upon that kindly.

Who knows, maybe your employer is a huge Game of Thrones fan and would nod his approval
If you ask me, bending the knee is the ultimate respect
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2018 at 2:09:10 PM permalink

They are upsetting SOME customers, because those customers have selective outrage. Vote for a guy that says America is s**t for a year and half, did not serve himself, all the while criticizing a POW for his aviation skillset, but boycott a form of entertainment because athletes are utilizing their 1A rights, one of the things that makes our country great. Ironic, wouldn't ya say? It's also interesting that it's the very same people upset over the WHCD. Apparently it's okay to call other countries s**tholes behind closed doors but it's not okay to say the press secretary has a smoky eye? Call Mexican men rapists but don't you dare say that Kelly Anne should get stuck under a tree! lol, and liberals are the snowflakes? Get real.

1A does not apply to your employer. I don't even understand what the rest of your rant has to do with it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2018 at 2:12:15 PM permalink

I have never had an employer who would let me protest at work, much less protest in a way that drives customers away.

But if these players want to protest at work, I agree, let them find another employer.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2018 at 2:37:51 PM permalink

1A does not apply to your employer. I don't even understand what the rest of your rant has to do with it.

The rest of the rant? Pointing out the blatant hypocrisy that Trump supporters continue to display on a laughable basis. You are mad at professional athletes for expressing themselves and calling attention to a REAL issue in America, but vote and continue to support a guy that dodged military service (which is what you are so up in arms about), had nothing good to say about this country for a year and a half, and actually ENCOURAGED more police brutality.

And 1A protections actually do extend to public sector employees. While they may not to the private-sector, the NFL does not have a policy saying that players must stand, so they have every right to kneel. And you have every right to turn the channel. But something tells me that the NFL will be here long after that "son of a bi**h" in the White House and his supporters are gone.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2018 at 2:47:34 PM permalink

And that to me is 100% up to the discretion of their employer. The employer will figure out if it is worth it to have the distraction of the player versus the players value to the team. If Kaepernick was as good as Brady or Rogers I think he would still be hurling footballs in the NFL. The fact that he is just a mid-level back up in ability right now makes the value /distraction ratio less than one. You really can't argue with me on this one because if I was wrong he would be on a team right now!

We agree. Kapernick has been blackballed by the NFL.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
April 30th, 2018 at 2:48:48 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Professional sports are a GSE, and as a government sponsored enterprise they are not allowed to make political statements not approved my the authority's.

The NFL is not a Government Sponsored Enterprise. They get tax exemptions, and tax subsidies have been used to build stadiums, but they are not a GSE.

Quote:

I do not approve of my tax dollars being spent to support such blatant anti Americanism.

What is the "anti-American" part in all of this? I seemed to have missed that part....
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 30th, 2018 at 3:03:36 PM permalink

The NFL is not a Government Sponsored Enterprise. They get tax exemptions, and tax subsidies have been used to build stadiums, but they are not a GSE.

What is the "anti-American" part in all of this? I seemed to have missed that part....

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/amount-money-military-gives-nfl.html/?a=viewall

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nation/2015/11/06/Department-of-Defense-paid-53-million-to-pro-sports-for-military-tributes-report-says/stories/201511060140

Not to mention all the money spent by local municipalities for sewer and water, and as you mentioned tax breaks, plus police presence at games. Stealth surveillance watching the game, huge litter clean up for blocks from the game, increased dui's for parking lot parties. Locals picking up the interest on the loans for construction, etc.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 30th, 2018 at 3:23:16 PM permalink

We agree. Kapernick has been blackballed by the NFL.

Yeah, well.. Business owners tend to
get rid of employees that cost them
money.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
April 30th, 2018 at 3:30:27 PM permalink
Tim Tebow got blackballed by the nfl too and it’s because he couldn’t throw a football good enough. Kinda like the same reason that Kap got benched for BLAINE FREAKING GABBERT. Role players who don’t make an impact on the field don’t get to create problems and have jobs.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 30th, 2018 at 4:38:07 PM permalink
http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/30/kanye-west-crips-target-daz-dillinger/

Looks like Kamala Harris has found her running mate.

Amazing how some people on the far left and right cannot act human. Sorry but this guy is just as bad as the Nazi’s and White Supremacy idiots on the right.

And yet someone will blame it on Trump.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 30th, 2018 at 4:56:35 PM permalink

Yes, because everyone knows there is no police brutality in the USofA. None . Zero. Nunca.

Or anything that might just might look like the problem. All without checking the all-important details of who said what and who did what.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 30th, 2018 at 5:00:13 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Yeah, bully NK into surrender.

What would you suggest?
Boz
Boz
April 30th, 2018 at 5:00:39 PM permalink
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/tense-meeting-with-activists-waffle-house-again-backs-employees/9USNuVqI0DJZGZEcfNMhtN/

Good to see Waffle House backing their employees in what seems to be the right move from a distance.

Cases like this hurt legitimate cases of bias and discrimination.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 30th, 2018 at 5:02:03 PM permalink

Not exactly the hardest items to find:

“Kanye Tweets About Democrats Being The Party Of Slavery And The Left EXPLODES
Photo by John Taggart/Bloomberg via Getty Images
ByAmanda Prestigiacomo
@amandapresto
April 30, 2018

The highly-entertaining triggering of the Left by Kanye West continued on Monday afternoon when the rapper tweeted a conversation he had with a man named Steve via text message that stated a horribly inconvenient truth about Democrats: they were the party of slavery.

"Abe Lincoln freed and protected the slaves and he was republican," reads the message. "Republicans were the ones who's helped black people ... democrats protected the rights of the slave owners in the South."

This, of course, is factually accurate and never ceases to trigger the Left fulminating with revisionist history and outrage. Monday was no exception. Here are some of the angry reactions of Hollywood elites and other leftists:

Chrissy Teigen is so upset she can't use her words.

Journalist Sarah Mangla says Kanye's "embarrassing himself."

Dude is embarrassing himself now.
— Ismat Sarah Mangla (@ismat) April 30, 2018

New York City-based radio host Nik Carter goes to the debunked "southern strategy" talking point.

As does The Daily Beast's Marlow Stern:

As does musician John Legend:

In the above tweet, radio host Charlemagne Tha God acknowledges the truth about slavery and Democrats but minimizes it by adding, "to say Republicans helped black people but imply Democrats never have is stupid."

Here's a video from Professor of Political Science at Vanderbilt University Carol Swain at Prager University debunking the so-called "southern strategy":

And here's Swain addressing the Republican Party fighting against slavery:

Kanye wasn't fazed by the emotive reactions and still kept an open mind, later tweeting out ideas from the great conservative thinker Thomas Sowell via a screenshot of a text message conversation:

​Let the triggering continue!"

Or that if is too difficult to deal with, here are a few others:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/4/25/17280922/kanye-west-donald-trump-tweets-kim-kardashian

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/04/22/kanye-wests-embrace-of-a-black-trump-supporter-not-well-received/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d38133437ad3

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/23/kanye-wests-return-twitter-triggering-left/
ams288
ams288
April 30th, 2018 at 5:15:23 PM permalink
John Kelly calls Donald an "idiot" behind his back.

We know how this story will play out:

John Kelly will deny it.

Donald will call it fake news.

And then in a few weeks Kelly will be gone.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 30th, 2018 at 5:15:41 PM permalink
Quote:

stated a horribly inconvenient truth about Democrats: they were the party of slavery.

The Dems are also the party of the
Ku Klux Klan. The Klan was the
military arm of the Dem party for
decades. Senator Byrd was Grand
Kleagle of the Klan and one of
Hillary's mentors. The Dems are
the ones who tried to block the
Civil Rights Bill in 1964, with Al
Gore's racist daddy leading the
charge.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
ams288
April 30th, 2018 at 5:38:46 PM permalink

charge.

It shows just how far they have come as as party. republicans on the other hand seem stuck in the 50s.
terapined
terapined
April 30th, 2018 at 5:48:42 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

“Kanye Tweets About Democrats Being The Party Of Slavery And The Left EXPLODES

The left explodes??????????
Everybody I know, regardless of politics, has always thought Kanye was an a**hole
In fact, I don't know a single person, regardless of politics, that does not think Kanye is an a**hole

Its more like a big yawn
Plenty of people on the left here and we all ignore Kanye
Who is exploding?
Since when is when some people responding to a tweet exploding?
Does Trump explode on Twitter?
ROTFL
terapined
terapined
April 30th, 2018 at 5:52:48 PM permalink

Ku Klux Klan.

ROTFL
Its 2018
What century are you living in?
lol
Please block me. chuckle
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2018 at 6:02:22 PM permalink

charge.

Opposition to abolishing slavery and civil rights had almost everything to do with geography and almost nothing to do with political affiliation. If you lived in the south, you fought to preserve the slave economy.

Cue the Southern Strategy. Things have changed.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 30th, 2018 at 6:30:21 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

What would you suggest?

The rest of the world to bully the U.S.A.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
April 30th, 2018 at 7:01:34 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

John Kelly calls Donald an "idiot" behind his back.

We know how this story will play out:

John Kelly will deny it.

Donald will call it fake news.

And then in a few weeks Kelly will be gone.

Well, John Kelly denied it. Trump called it "fake news" in a tweet. I didn't see if he denied calling him "unhinged," though.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 30th, 2018 at 7:25:09 PM permalink

Of course it exists, but it’d be a lot easier to support them if there wasn’t so much outrage after cases where there was no police brutality or racial inequality. It’s blown way out of proportion. Interesting how the media gravitates towards black people getting into these situations and nowhere to be seen when it’s regarding a white person.

The left has been protesting non-existent problems or creating “problems” out of nothing since I can remember. Hell, there are probably still protesting or up in arms over “the gender wage gap”. 😹
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 30th, 2018 at 10:01:34 PM permalink
"In the months since President Trump has been in office, the number of people collecting food stamps plunged by nearly 2 million. The same is true for welfare. Enrollment in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program dropped 12% last year, to reach 2.3 million. The number of workers on Social Security Disability Insurance was down to 8.6 million in March — a decline of more than 100,000,” in about 15 months. Enrollment in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program dropped by almost a million in 2017."

This is all due to the growing economy.
This has got the Dems sweating bullets. Even
Millennials are less likely to vote Dem then
they were a year ago.
billryan
billryan
April 30th, 2018 at 10:20:58 PM permalink
Were the trends in any of these going the other way the last few years? The economy bottomed out years ago and long since has rebounded.
ams288
ams288
May 1st, 2018 at 5:12:50 AM permalink

Even
Millennials are less likely to vote Dem then
they were a year ago.

As with most things EB posts, this is blatantly false. Don't expect a source from him on this one.

From FOX News: Republicans should have FOMO about Millennials
  • Jump to: