Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
July 17th, 2013 at 11:45:28 AM permalink
Just to put some oil into the fire, and it might have been brought up already:

Another suspicious looking (Black) kid was shot by some dude. Only problem this time: There is video footage of the whole thing. Next time, douchebag, turn off your surveillance camera first, then you will get away scott free.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/trial-milwaukee-mom-recounts-shooting-son-13-article-1.1400993
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 17th, 2013 at 12:25:56 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

What we do know is that there was a physical altercation that escalated because Zimmerman had the gun. Trayvon isn't alive to claim that he was defending himself, and the audio and forensic evidence is murky.

No, the gun was no reason for an escalation. What we know is Travon said a creepy-ass-cracker was following him and he may was informed by his girlfriend on the phone that she thought Zimmerman was a gay rapist.

Quote:

In the end, lesson learned (in Florida): don't look suspicious, or you could wind up dead.

That can happen anywhere, which why it is better to be polite than attack the neighborhood watch person, knock him to the ground, and keep punching him.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
July 22nd, 2013 at 3:59:16 PM permalink
While Trayvon supporters are protesting, Zimmerman is out rescuing a family.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/22/george-zimmerman-grabs-fire-extinguisher-pulls-family-from-overturned-suv
Fighting BS one post at a time!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 22nd, 2013 at 4:04:16 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/22/george-zimmerman-grabs-fire-extinguisher-pulls-family-from-overturned-suv

This story doesn't tell me what racial profile they were. How am I meant to tell what I am meant to feel about it with that information (/sarcasm).
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Canyonero
Canyonero
July 22nd, 2013 at 4:12:41 PM permalink
The guy has some nerve. Heading to a vehicle full of strangers, him armed with a dangerous object. One of the guys in the SUV might have thought Zimmerman was coming to loot the car, felt threatened, and shot him in the face. #standyourground
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 22nd, 2013 at 4:43:55 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Still acting like a wannabe cop, rescuing people this time.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 22nd, 2013 at 6:04:46 PM permalink
Quote: AZ

No, the gun was no reason for an escalation.

If no one has a gun, then no one dies, and it's unlikely that Zimmerman gets out of his truck.

That can happen anywhere

No, not here. No one can lawfully carry guns except law enforcement, and where I live, it's quite unlikely that suspicious looking people, especially teenagers (of any color) are carrying guns. If I see someone suspicious, I call the cops, and if I feel safe, I confront the person. This comment, coming from someone who does not live in a gated community with a public path behind my house.

which why it is better to be polite than attack the neighborhood watch person

Says the only witness who is alive to recant his version of events. He must be telling the truth.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 22nd, 2013 at 6:32:45 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

If no one has a gun, then no one dies, and it's unlikely that Zimmerman gets out of his truck.

So you are saying nobody ever died from knives, clubs, or anything else?

Quote:

No, not here. No one can lawfully carry guns except law enforcement, and where I live, it's quite unlikely that suspicious looking people, especially teenagers (of any color) are carrying guns. If I see someone suspicious, I call the cops, and if I feel safe, I confront the person. This comment, coming from someone who does not live in a gated community with a public path behind my house.

Zimmerman *did* call the cops. However he was attacked and beaten by Martin before they could arrive.

Quote:

Says the only witness who is alive to recant his version of events. He must be telling the truth.

Also says the both the physical evidence and witnesses for even the prosecution. So yes, it seems he is telling the truth. The female Martin was talking to admitted Martin called Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker" and she suggested Zimmerman was a gay male considering raping Martin or something. All of this time Zimmerman was merely on neighborhood watch.
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
July 22nd, 2013 at 6:48:47 PM permalink
"A 2007 special report released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, reveals that approximately 8,000 — and, in certain years, as many as 9,000 African Americans are murdered annually in the United States. This chilling figure is accompanied by another equally sobering fact, that 93% of these murders are in fact perpetrated by other blacks. The analysis, supported by FBI records, finds that in 2005 alone, for example, African Americans accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in the US — again, almost exclusively at the hands of other African Americans."

it seems the media loves to play the race card, as if african americans are being gunned down by other races at the drop of a hat.
Yet only 7 percent of all black murders are perpetrated by non-blacks.

this particular case is 2 minorities going against each other.

what is so newsworthy of this.

I mean if a korean man shot and killed a chinese man....is it a national issue like this case?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 22nd, 2013 at 6:55:44 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So you are saying nobody ever died from knives, clubs, or anything else?

Zimmerman *did* call the cops. However he was attacked and beaten by Martin before they could arrive.

Also says the both the physical evidence and witnesses for even the prosecution. So yes, it seems he is telling the truth. The female Martin was talking to admitted Martin called Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker" and she suggested Zimmerman was a gay male considering raping Martin or something. All of this time Zimmerman was merely on neighborhood watch.

I continue to find it really ironic that you push the "creepy ass cracker" (which is how GZ was acting if you were TM) quote from Rachel Jeantel while disbelieving everything else she said. She said he ran. GZ followed him. He ran again. GZ followed him. He continued to talk to her. GZ came up to him; he said, "What you following me for?" His headset fell into the grass; she heard them fighting on grass (not concrete) and TM saying, "Get off, get off" (placing GZ on top). Believe her; don't believe her. But don't make a big deal about the part of the truth that fits your agenda and ignore the rest.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 22nd, 2013 at 6:59:04 PM permalink
I doubt that Zimmerman gets out of his truck without the support of his concealed weapon.

Zimmerman did call the cops, and then ignored the dispatchers advice and escalated the situation by getting out of his truck. Trayvon is not innocent either, far from it.

No one saw or witnessed the start of the altercation. There is only the word of Zimmerman and his version of events. He *could* be telling the truth.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
LarryS
LarryS
July 22nd, 2013 at 7:06:29 PM permalink
I work all day, and come home and get the thumbnail version of what goes on at a trial.
Jurors sit there for 8 hours a day and can take notes, and hear all the minute details.
They can take notes, and have testimoney brought to them to re-read.

I get a redacted version when I get home

I get what the news show wants me to see in order to keep my interest

If they show me something that will make me outraged...better for their ratings. And if there is some evidence that might lessen my outrage..well then it may not make it on that show that day.

personally I dont pretend to know better than the jurors. Seeing a few minutes of testimony and making a judgement as to whether the person testifying was credible is silly. Maybe a witness sounds great on the few minues I see on tv....BUT in the other 90 minutes of testimoney they say something that makes them less credible. Something I never see.

Do juries sometimes get it wrong? Sure. But mostly I think its lousey prosecution or defense that does one side in.
LarryS
LarryS
July 22nd, 2013 at 7:10:38 PM permalink
I am surprised that Ms Jeantel'S comments about zimmerman possibly being a gay rapist was swept under the rug.

It seems the bigotry only can go from others to travan,

maybe travan enjoyed the thought of beating up a gay man

people want to get into zimmermans head and suppose he was anti-black

well maybe martin was anti-gay
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 22nd, 2013 at 8:03:47 PM permalink
Had Martin managed to kill Zimmerman, perhaps with Zimmermans's own gun, it would be just as hard to convict Martin. Zimmerman would not be able to testify. No one saw the fight start. Martin could claim any number of scenarios where Zimmerman became a threat, just pulling a gun out in close quarters should put anyone in fear of their life which is the only qualification that should be needed in stranger vs. stranger. AM I right? I'm pretty sure I am.

Pulling a gun out in a confrontation with a stranger. I think that would past muster with a jury for someone claiming fear of their life. So, Martin would qualify if he had bested Zimm on the ground.

Martin was not an actual neighborhood thief, which helps make Zimmerman look bad.

Jurors might haggle over Zimmerman's injuries, but he was still the one who brought the gun.

This shit is less about who is right, but who is left to talk about it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 22nd, 2013 at 8:06:30 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Had Martin managed to kill Zimmerman, perhaps with Zimmermans's own gun, it would be just as hard to convict Martin. Zimmerman would not be able to testify. No one saw the fight start. Martin could claim any number of scenarios where Zimmerman became a threat, just pulling a gun out in close quarters should put anyone in fear of their life which is the only qualification that should be needed in stranger vs. stranger. AM I right? I'm pretty sure I am.

Pulling a gun out in a confrontation with a stranger. I think that would past muster with a jury for someone claiming fear of their life. So, Martin would qualify if he had bested Zimm on the ground.

Martin was not an actual neighborhood thief, which helps make Zimmerman look bad.

Jurors might haggle over Zimmerman's injuries, but he was still the one who brought the gun.

This shit is less about who is right, but who is left to talk about it.

Well said.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
LarryS
LarryS
July 22nd, 2013 at 8:43:00 PM permalink
you can "what if" all night, but the jury was there taking notes for weeks. They had a better sense of who was a credible witness, they heard ALL the evidence,.

maybe zimmerman profiled, maybe martin once Jeantel said zimmerman might be a GAY RAPIST...was overcome by machismo, not wanting to be thought of as a dude that ran from a gay man. There are alot of maybes.

bigotry could have killed martin...but it may be his own bigotry toward gays that made him stay and fight.

But in the end , to the horror of the media...maybe no bigotry exisited. Mayve it was zimmerman acting on the past reports of black men burgleries, being a wannabe copgoing up against a foolish kid. Both actinglike idiots.
Canyonero
Canyonero
July 23rd, 2013 at 10:31:53 AM permalink
If the roles had been reversed: A young white 17 year old senator's son walking through a predominantly black part of town to get to a community center to do charity work. He is shot dead by a black neighborhood watch guy on the lookout for a young white guy that had been molesting young females in the area for a while.

Let everything else exactly be the same.

Do you think he just walks away from the scene a free man like Zimmerman did after police showed up?

Do you think he is eventually acquitted?
LarryS
LarryS
July 23rd, 2013 at 11:00:41 AM permalink
It would depend on what was presented in the weeks of the trial. How credible the witnesses were,how competant the prosecuters and the defense were.

this wasnt a white/black suspected crime.

this was 2 minorities

why are we even bringing i white guys into this,

what if it was a 12 year old girl vs dracula.
jc2286
jc2286
  • Threads: 2
July 23rd, 2013 at 11:19:49 AM permalink
Quote: LarryS

what if it was a 12 year old girl vs dracula.

Zed: May I ask why you felt little Tiffany deserved to die?

James Edwards: Well, she was the only one that actually seemed dangerous at the time, sir.

Zed: How'd you come to that conclusion?

James Edwards: Well, first I was gonna pop this guy hanging from the street light, and I realized, y'know, he's just working out. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' in the gym and bust me in my ass while I'm on the treadmill? Then I saw this snarling beast guy, and I noticed he had a tissue in his hand, and I'm realizing, y'know, he's not snarling, he's sneezing. Y'know, ain't no real threat there. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some s***, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 23rd, 2013 at 11:44:40 AM permalink
Quote: Canyonero

If the roles had been reversed: A young white 17 year old senator's son walking through a predominantly black part of town to get to a community center to do charity work. He is shot dead by a black neighborhood watch guy on the lookout for a young white guy that had been molesting young females in the area for a while.

So you are saying if a white senator's son attacked a black neighborhood watch person, holding him to the ground and punching him in the face at the same time, what would the reaction be?

It would depend on the party of the Senator, of course.
LarryS
LarryS
July 23rd, 2013 at 11:47:03 AM permalink
what would be the result of a very rich black guy accused of killing 2 less rich white people.
rxwine
rxwine
July 23rd, 2013 at 11:49:07 AM permalink

It would depend on the party of the Senator, of course.

Libertarian.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 23rd, 2013 at 11:55:41 AM permalink

Libertarian.

Then they would blame the Senator's son for his father not supporting help for the neighborhood.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 18th, 2013 at 3:26:31 PM permalink
I see George Zimmerman got busted today.
What a tool.
Pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend.
This guy has some serious temper issues. You don't point a gun at anybody unless you fear for your life.
Makes me wonder who else he has pulled a gun on without fearing for his life.
Bottom line is this guy has obvious temper issues, he's the type of person that should not own a gun due to his temper.
In jail without bail tonight, appearing before a judge tomorrow.
What a tool.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 18th, 2013 at 4:00:47 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I see George Zimmerman got busted today.
What a tool.
Pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend.
This guy has some serious temper issues. You don't point a gun at anybody unless you fear for your life.
Makes me wonder who else he has pulled a gun on without fearing for his life.
Bottom line is this guy has obvious temper issues, he's the type of person that should not own a gun due to his temper.
In jail without bail tonight, appearing before a judge tomorrow.
What a tool.

Doesn't change the fact that he was right to defend himself when Martin attacked him.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
November 18th, 2013 at 4:02:11 PM permalink

Doesn't change the fact that he was right to defend himself when Martin attacked him.

.. with skittles and orange soda.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 18th, 2013 at 4:39:48 PM permalink
Too bad he didn't assault her in Nevada; no doubt a Nevada judge would "OJ" him.

Like Simpson, he got away with murder once, but in Nevada things are tougher.
"What, me worry?"
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 18th, 2013 at 4:45:24 PM permalink

Maybe so, but would you really want this guy living next door to you AZ? I understand where you are coming from referring to the trial, but due to his threats today, would you be comfortable having this unbalanced angry armed man living next door to you?
He pulled the shotgun because he was getting kicked out of the place. She was kicking him out, its her place, not his, and instead he pulls a shotgun, points it at her, kicks her out of her own place then barricades the door with furniture. When the police come, instead of opening the door, he refuses to remove the barricade. The police have to move the furniture to get in to a place Zimmerman doesn't belong. This isn't his place and he's armed. Would you feel comfortable having this angry armed man living next door to you AZ?
Clearly dangerous. That's why he's in jail right now.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 18th, 2013 at 4:47:02 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

No, with fists. Maybe you did not see the trial?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 18th, 2013 at 6:22:57 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Too bad he didn't assault her in Nevada; no doubt a Nevada judge would "OJ" him.

Where the hell were you in 94? They needed that witness that was there that observed OJ committing the crime at the original trial. People like you are why a man is sitting in jail today for a crime that others would have been given probation for.

Judith Glass got a TV show out her sellout, what did you get?
And by the way, where is that decision on the appeal that was due months ago????

But on a lighter note, I love your Ahigh stuff.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 18th, 2013 at 7:08:22 PM permalink

Actually, it was with the concrete pavement. That's what he bashed Zimmerman's head against.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 18th, 2013 at 7:40:29 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

It's really too bad he assaulted her at all.

Which brings up a statistic I recently discovered.

In Alaska there are twenty thousand battered women.

Hell, all this time I've been eating mine plain.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 18th, 2013 at 8:08:55 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

It's really too bad he assaulted her at all.

Kinda sensing a pattern here. Zimmerman's estranged wife calls 911 because he threatens her with a weapon. A few months later, his new girlfriend calls 911 because Zimmerman is busting up her furniture with a shotgun. All this is all after Zimmerman stalks a kid who is armed with Skittles and orange soda across a neighborhood and then murders the kid.

At the very least, this Zimmerman guy shouldn't have a gun. He really should be serving a life sentence for murder but at the very least, he should not be in possession of a weapon.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 18th, 2013 at 8:13:56 PM permalink

All this is all after Zimmerman stalks defended himself against a kid who is armed with Skittles and orange soda across a neighborhood and then murders the kid attacked him & bashed the back of his head against the concrete pavement.

Fixed.
thecesspit
thecesspit
November 18th, 2013 at 8:27:48 PM permalink

Kinda sensing a pattern here. Zimmerman's estranged wife calls 911 because he threatens her with a weapon. A few months later, his new girlfriend calls 911 because Zimmerman is busting up her furniture with a shotgun. All this is all after Zimmerman stalks a kid who is armed with Skittles and orange soda across a neighborhood and then murders the kid.

The court of Florida quite clearly shows that Zimmerman did not murder anyone. He ws accused of murder and found not guilty. You may not like the result of the case, but he did not commit murder.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 18th, 2013 at 8:30:24 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

The court of Florida quite clearly shows that Zimmerman did not murder anyone. He ws accused of murder and found not guilty. You may not like the result of the case, but he did not commit murder.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
thecesspit
thecesspit
November 18th, 2013 at 9:35:38 PM permalink

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

There's nothing to disagree about. It's a simple fact.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 18th, 2013 at 10:07:23 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

There's nothing to disagree about. It's a simple fact.

+1

Apparently, s2dbaker isn't aware that 'murder' is a legal term. He'd make a terrible juror.
rxwine
rxwine
November 19th, 2013 at 12:17:21 AM permalink

Does the right have an Al Sharpton equivalent? They need to make sure Zimmerman's innocent defender status is not impaired by this bad publicity.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 19th, 2013 at 3:55:10 AM permalink

Does the right have an Al Sharpton equivalent?

Westboro Baptist Church, Bradlee Dean, the AFA.. The list is long.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 19th, 2013 at 6:05:00 AM permalink

Westboro Baptist Church, Bradlee Dean, the AFA.. The list is long.

Wrong, as usual.

The left embraces Al Sharpton, while nobody on the right has anything to do with Westboro Church. I haven't even heard of the other two you listed.
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
November 19th, 2013 at 10:39:47 AM permalink

Kinda sensing a pattern here.

He's like Lindsay Lohan: always in the news, always getting arrested.

It may well be true that, against all his strivings, trouble stalks George Zimmerman. It may be true that George Zimmerman never pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend's face. That Ms. Scheibe smashed a table, took his stuff, started throwing it and then called 911 on herself. That she was simply being poetic when she said "you pointed your gun in my freaking face and told me get the f**k out" and then added "he knows how to do this. He knows how to play this game."

And it may be true that in September when Zimmerman's ex-wife, Shelly Zimmerman, claimed that he had punched her father and threatened them with a gun she was embellishing. That when she called 911 and said "I'm really afraid. I don't know what he's capable of. I'm really scared," she was suffering some form of hallucination. That Zimmerman had not smashed his wife's iPad. That it was his wife that assaulted him with it. That Shelly's father had challenged Zimmerman to a fight.

Maybe he's just a really unlucky guy. But I'm beginning to get skeptical. I'm beginning to think he's a violent lunatic who belongs in jail.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 19th, 2013 at 11:12:03 AM permalink

At the very least, this Zimmerman guy shouldn't have a gun. He really should be serving a life sentence for murder but at the very least, he should not be in possession of a weapon.

Add another pattern maker. Prior to murdering a kid, he is 1 credit short from graduating from Community College, but is not allowed on campus as he is deemed a danger. Some sort of law enforcement degree.

Perhaps he should follow in the steps of retired NFL players and allow his brain to be examined after his death. No, not for concussion damage. But I believe they will find a killer gene has mutated with a BF gene. That would explain his actions.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 19th, 2013 at 1:10:46 PM permalink
I know one person who has called 911 and that was for an ambulance due to acute abdominal pains. I know no one personally who has called 911 for police intervention. This George Zimmerman is a 911 star.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 19th, 2013 at 1:27:22 PM permalink

I know one person who has called 911 and that was for an ambulance due to acute abdominal pains. I know no one personally who has called 911 for police intervention. This George Zimmerman is a 911 star.

Actually, Zimmerman called 911 right before thug Trayvon attacked him and bashed his head against the ground.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 19th, 2013 at 2:10:28 PM permalink
As the tissue of bullshit he embellished himself with melts away due to his conduct, it is increasingly obvious that the jury got it wrong in Florida.

The guy is a mad dog, and we all know what happens to mad dogs .
"What, me worry?"
LarryS
LarryS
November 19th, 2013 at 2:31:03 PM permalink
is it possible the jury got it right based on the evidence they were presented with

is it possible it wasnt the jury that got it wrong...but the prosecution that did a poor job of presenting the case

or is it possible that personal info ambout the type ofperson zimmerman is was not obtainable by the prosecutors or allwed to be presented tothe jury
rxwine
rxwine
November 19th, 2013 at 2:54:04 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

is it possible the jury got it right based on the evidence they were presented with

is it possible it wasnt the jury that got it wrong...but the prosecution that did a poor job of presenting the case

or is it possible that personal info ambout the type ofperson zimmerman is was not obtainable by the prosecutors or allwed to be presented tothe jury

I think it's possible George should have hung out on his porch that night with the gun within reach and called 911 about a black guy walking by him. He'd still be protected and having a nice life.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 19th, 2013 at 2:56:36 PM permalink

I think it's possible George should have hung out on his porch that night with the gun within reach and called 911 about a black guy walking by him. He'd still be protected and having a nice life.

I think it's possible Trayvon should have walked home that night and called 911 about a man following him. He'd still be protected and having a nice life.
rxwine
rxwine
November 19th, 2013 at 3:00:44 PM permalink
Yeah, the judgement of 17 yo vs a grown man. 17 year olds are generally worldly wise. NOT.
  • Jump to: