Thread Rating:

ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
March 1st, 2018 at 6:01:51 AM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

...I don't recall who played the main character.

I remember hearing the show's name Airwolf but never saw an episode.

Here's a YouTube link to a Cartoon Network's "Rick and Morty" clip that gives the actor's name.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
March 1st, 2018 at 8:41:28 AM permalink

I loved that show. The hero, Stringfellow Hawke, flew around in this kick-ass military helicopter that had more upgrades then the Batmobile. It even had a stealth mode where the rotors and engines made no sound so the bad guys wouldn't get any warning before it popped over the hilll and blew them up. I remember the side kick was played by Ernest Bourgnine but I don't recall who played the main character.

Who would win in a fight between KITT from Knight Rider and Strigfellow Hawke? Is that like asking who would win between God and Jesus? I remember I'd get all pissy if my dad didn't call me in from playing outside when AirWolf came on.
100% risk of ruin
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 1st, 2018 at 9:48:10 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Air Wolf used to be a big show. Can't remember who was in it, what it was about, because I don't think I saw it because we never had HBO. It was expensive to produce, I remember hearing that.

Turns out to be CBS.

CBS and later USA. Sadly it ended too soon because Jan Michael Vincent arrived on the set flying before he even got in the helicopter. They had one show based on people confined to wheelchairs doing some kind of a mountain climb. A bunch were upset because JMV was so high and drunk he could not even walk what they were climbing without use of their legs.

The USA Network version is almost completely different and best left forgotten.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
March 1st, 2018 at 10:08:39 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Who would win in a fight between KITT from Knight Rider and Strigfellow Hawke? Is that like asking who would win between God and Jesus?

This is more like the "Pick Two to Defend You" question. Clearly an airborne attacker has the edge over a land-based one. Also, assuming we are talking about the TV KITT from the 1980s and not the upgraded 2008 movie version, Airwolf carries a lot more offensive weaponry (e.g., Hellfires, Sidewinders, chain guns). In comparison, KITT had a flame thrower, tear gas, and a flare gun. Not much of a match-up.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
Joeman
March 1st, 2018 at 10:18:48 AM permalink

This is more like the "Pick Two to Defend You" question. Clearly an airborne attacker has the edge over a land-based one. Also, assuming we are talking about the TV KITT from the 1980s and not the upgraded 2008 movie version, Airwolf carries a lot more offensive weaponry (e.g., Hellfires, Sidewinders, chain guns). In comparison, KITT had a flame thrower, tear gas, and a flare gun. Not much of a match-up.

..But KITT has Turbo Boost and, more importantly, The Hoff.

100% risk of ruin
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 9th, 2018 at 2:15:37 PM permalink
I came across a case of matches in the cupboard.
Remember when matches were a big part of life?
It's how we started the fire in the coal furnace,
how we lit the stove and oven. How my dad lit
his 4 pack a day habit.

We had no trash pickup, so like everybody we
had a burn barrel and it was my job to 'burn
the trash' several times a week with strike
anywhere Blue Diamond kitchen matches. The
other trash we hauled off to the twp dump.
Not a landfill, an above ground dump like you
see in old movies where hobo's live.

Now I have almost no use for matches, maybe
the occasional candle. Ask people now if they
'have a light' and they won't even know what
you mean.

The old dumps were cool to a kid, you could
find anything there. Furniture, wash machines,
lamps, old radios, dump picking was the first
flea markets..

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 9th, 2018 at 2:37:46 PM permalink
Here is a trailer for a surprisingly good movie about people surviving by scavenging the world's largest garbage dump in Brazil:

Waste Land
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 9th, 2018 at 3:46:42 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Here is a trailer for a surprisingly good movie about people surviving by scavenging the world's largest garbage dump in Brazil:

Waste Land

In the 20's and 30's, there were men who
made a living dump picking. They would
find good stuff and fix it and sell it off their
old truck as second hand. They even fixed
holes in pots and pans, I've seen the repair
work. WWII put them out of business
because all the metal was given to the
gov't for the war.

Sanford and Son was a throwback to those
old times.
MrV
MrV
April 9th, 2018 at 3:56:40 PM permalink
People today in Portland will come around at night and go through people's recycle bins looking for whatever they can find to turn into a buck.

Sometimes I'd like to put a bear trap in the bin to "surprise" these damned thieves.
"What, me worry?"
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
April 9th, 2018 at 4:01:25 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Waste Land

In the 20's and 30's, there were men who
made a living dump picking. They would
find good stuff and fix it and sell it off their
old truck as second hand. They even fixed
holes in pots and pans, I've seen the repair
work. WWII put them out of business
because all the metal was given to the
gov't for the war.

Sanford and Son was a throwback to those
old times.

On the flip side, there is a guy in my hometown who is a millionaire (actually) but can often be found roaming the street and picking through garbage
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 9th, 2018 at 4:08:50 PM permalink

People today in Portland will come around at night and go through people's recycle bins looking for whatever they can find to turn into a buck.

Sometimes I'd like to put a bear trap in the bin to "surprise" these damned thieves.

If it's recyclable aluminum, I guess it's okay.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
April 9th, 2018 at 4:52:00 PM permalink
The South Hampton Town Dump is an amazing place to go "hunting". The rich folks there throw away amazing stuff. It used to be open to the public one day a week, then it went to more but the workers complained they couldn't unload trucks with so many bargain hunters there. I found a beat up Remington Bronze around 1985 that I sold immediately for $100.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MrV
MrV
April 9th, 2018 at 5:38:59 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If it's recyclable aluminum, I guess it's okay.

No, it's not "OK."

They are cherry picking the best stuff, stuff that by rights should go to the recycle company so the profit from sale can defray the cost of recycling.

It's stealing, pure and simple, when some tramp or tweaker takes stuff I put out for the recycling company.
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
April 9th, 2018 at 5:41:40 PM permalink
(joke went worse than usual)

I meant if your bear trap was made of aluminum,
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
April 9th, 2018 at 7:06:42 PM permalink

No, it's not "OK."

They are cherry picking the best stuff, stuff that by rights should go to the recycle company so the profit from sale can defray the cost of recycling.

It's stealing, pure and simple, when some tramp or tweaker takes stuff I put out for the recycling company.

It's garbage. It's stuff you threw out. Why care where it ends up, as long as it's not dumped in your driveway.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MrV
MrV
April 9th, 2018 at 7:26:13 PM permalink
It's not garbage, it's a recyclable material, in this case aluminum.

It has monetary value.

When a garbage company agrees to pick up recycled material separate from / in addition to garbage, they incur substantial expense, and to recoup their costs they sell the materials collected.

When a thief takes it out of my bin they are stealing material which I placed their for the sole use and possession of the recycle company.
"What, me worry?"
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
April 9th, 2018 at 7:29:52 PM permalink

It's not garbage, it's a recyclable material, in this case aluminum.

It has monetary value.

When a garbage company agrees to pick up recycled material separate from / in addition to garbage, they incur substantial expense, and to recoup their costs they sell the materials collected.

When a thief takes it out of my bin they are stealing material which I placed their for the sole use and possession of the recycle company.

I completely agree.
billryan
billryan
April 9th, 2018 at 8:01:33 PM permalink
First World Problems.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 9th, 2018 at 8:42:29 PM permalink
1. Matches: I've never liked using them to smoke. They have a sour taste that lingers and disgusts me.

2. Recycle bins: If someone wants to take something I leave out, I don't care how or who. I don't like the idea my right to give of my choice is taken away, can only give to one party. I understand the company depends on things, but that's their risk they took. As far as recycling, we should tax every item upfront for the cost. Consumers should have to pay, let them choose to not recycle after they've paid for it.
I am a robot.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
April 10th, 2018 at 5:30:02 AM permalink
If I put trash out by the street, I don't care who takes it. When I put recycling out by the street, the only people I want taking it are the city's recyclers.

Not sure about Vegas, but here, the city contracts to have recycling. I'm sure that the more valuable the materials collected, the less the city has to pay. This means that if scavengers are taking all the aluminum out of the bins left at the street, my taxes will go up to cover the lost revenue. So, in essence, people who steal from my recycling bin are taking money out of my pocket.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
April 10th, 2018 at 7:14:42 AM permalink
Yes! And people that take out of the recycle bin can be surly if you question what they are doing. I don't want these opportunists in my neighborhood. If they see an unlocked car door they might take from there too.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 10th, 2018 at 8:04:02 AM permalink

I came across a case of matches in the cupboard.
Remember when matches were a big part of life?
It's how we started the fire in the coal furnace,
how we lit the stove and oven. How my dad lit
his 4 pack a day habit.

Remember when in the fall you could burn the big pile of leaves you raked up? Not allowed anymore in most places. And along those lines, I remember going around the neighborhood knocking on doors to see if anybody wanted their leaves raked for a couple of bucks. When's the last time you saw kids doing that?
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
GlenG
May 23rd, 2018 at 2:02:28 PM permalink
Remember how we hated mowing
the lawn when we were kids? I
dreaded it.

I have a lot to mow, over an acre. Have
John Deere lawn tractor. 6 years ago got
a Bohlens mulching push mower for the
hard to mow areas, used to twice and
said screw it.

Dug it out today, put new gas in and it
started on the first pull. Say what? I
was all set for an afternoon of cussing
and tearing the carb apart.

Mowed for 30 min, felt like 2 hours. I
had forgotten how hard push mowers
are to use on hills.

Bolens 500 Briggs and Stratton 140cc mower:

Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:29:22 PM permalink
Welcome back, EB.

My yard was only 2/3 acre, but I used a riding mower for everything except edge trimming. Decided to chuck that and most everything else about a lawn a little over a decade ago. Moved to a new state, bought a condo, and now just get to watch the crew taking care of lawn, shrubbery, outdoor maintenance, etc. Haven't started missing that husbandly duty just yet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:31:49 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Welcome back, EB.

My yard was only 2/3 acre, but I used a riding mower for everything except edge trimming. Decided to chuck that and most everything else about a lawn a little over a decade ago. Moved to a new state, bought a condo, and now just get to watch the crew taking care of lawn, shrubbery, outdoor maintenance, etc. Haven't started missing that husbandly duty just yet.

I am on .10 acres and made everything in back garden or walking path. No front at all. Lawns are such a waste.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:55:41 PM permalink

dreaded it.

I have a lot to mow, over an acre. Have
John Deere lawn tractor. 6 years ago got
a Bohlens mulching push mower for the
hard to mow areas, used to twice and
said screw it.

Dug it out today, put new gas in and it
started on the first pull. Say what? I
was all set for an afternoon of cussing
and tearing the carb apart.

Mowed for 30 min, felt like 2 hours. I
had forgotten how hard push mowers
are to use on hills.

Bolens 500 Briggs and Stratton 140cc mower:

come on over to my house. We have just over an acre. About 3/4 of the acre I have to mow. We live on a hill and have lots of trees so I have to mow the entire thing by push mower. It takes me about 3.5 hours of mowing and about 2 hours of weed wacking. When it comes to trees I have about 40 trees. Maple, oak, and pine. I spend about 20 hours a year raking leaves as well. These are things that we didnt consider when buying this house. The first fall I was pulling into my driveway while it was windy. It looked like it was night time because of the amount of leaves that were falling all at once. I have a Honda self propelled. Guaranteed to start on 1 pull and it doesnt even have to be a strong pull.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
May 23rd, 2018 at 3:58:47 PM permalink
My first house was a corner lot. I figured one less neighbor was a good thing. Then it snowed and I realized I not only had the front of the house, and the driveway to shovel but also the hundred plus feet on the side of the house.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 23rd, 2018 at 4:28:40 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

come on over to my house. We have just over an acre. About 3/4 of the acre I have to mow.

I have over an acre of just mowing.
It takes 40 min on the lawn tractor,
if I had to push mow it there's no way
it would get done. It looks real nice
after I'm done, though. You get that
accomplishment feeling..
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 23rd, 2018 at 4:37:27 PM permalink

accomplishment feeling..

I get that same accomplishment feeling by paying a lawn service guy $28 or so per cut. Plus $50 or so per fertilizer application. Plus $xxx or so for bed cleanup. Plus $xxx for mulch. Plus $xxx for tree nutrition. Plus $xxx for tree and bush trimming. Plus $xxx for leaf cleanup. I have a pretty small front and back lawn. But very irregularly shaped. I think I end up spending $3000 per year. My friends all make fun of me.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 23rd, 2018 at 4:55:59 PM permalink

accomplishment feeling..

I have to say I just never cared about a "lush lawn." Woman that worked for me complained that her husband spent half the evening spot-watering any dead spots. I had a corner lot at the time took 3 hours or so to do, I could not afford a riding mower. I said never again. How can people waste so much water on lawns?
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 23rd, 2018 at 7:01:42 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think I end up spending $3000 per year. My friends all make fun of me.

For 3 grand I could get a nice 20' by 36' above
ground pool. And that's just the first year.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 23rd, 2018 at 7:04:41 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Woman that worked for me complained that her husband spent half the evening spot-watering any dead spots.

I guarantee he does it to get out of
spending half the evening inside
with her. Anything is better than
that.. I know a guy that has a huge
wood working shop in his garage,
just so he can pretend he's single
3 hours a day.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
petroglyph
May 23rd, 2018 at 8:02:48 PM permalink

dreaded it.

In 1996 I made a vow to never mow a lawn or shovel snow again. I "lent" my lawnmower to a friend and haven't seen it since. 22 years of freedom that I don't regret at all.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
GWAE
GWAE
May 23rd, 2018 at 8:08:58 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I get that same accomplishment feeling by paying a lawn service guy $28 or so per cut. Plus $50 or so per fertilizer application. Plus $xxx or so for bed cleanup. Plus $xxx for mulch. Plus $xxx for tree nutrition. Plus $xxx for tree and bush trimming. Plus $xxx for leaf cleanup. I have a pretty small front and back lawn. But very irregularly shaped. I think I end up spending $3000 per year. My friends all make fun of me.

Well us poor folk can't afford that. If my business booms as we hope then that will be one of my first new expenses.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Joeman
Joeman
May 24th, 2018 at 4:53:06 AM permalink
I'm curious, are there no enterprising neighborhood kids who offer to mow lawns any more? That was my gig when I was a teenager. I had 2-3 regular lawns, plus the occasional odd job thrown in (in addition to our own yard). It worked out to about $12-$15/hr, which was not bad for a youngster in the late 80's/early 90's.

Has anyone had a neighbor kid ask to mow your lawn? I just don't see it any more in my neighborhood.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 24th, 2018 at 5:09:10 AM permalink
Speaking of lawn mowers and tweekers....

The other day (not in LV) I saw this dude at the gas station filling up his push lawn mower. He wasn’t filling one of those red gas jugs, the mower wasn’t like on the bed of a truck....he just like, walked it there. When he was done, he walked his lawn mower home. Thought it was kinda funny, just walking down the street while pushing a lawn mower.

Some other guy there seemed pretty f***ed up on meth probably. He asked me for change, I said sorry no I don’t have none. Then he asked the lawn mower guy and got denied. Then he came back to me, as if he hadn’t just asked me 30 seconds before.

Then there was a third tweeker, talking to a police officer. The police had a handful of sandwiches and bags of chips and the tweeker was sorting through them, and tweeker was like, “Nah I don’t like any of those, do you have <inaudible>?”

Pretty scary gas station experience for me. #NeverAgain
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 24th, 2018 at 5:47:19 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I'm curious, are there no enterprising neighborhood kids who offer to mow lawns any more? That was my gig when I was a teenager. I had 2-3 regular lawns, plus the occasional odd job thrown in (in addition to our own yard). It worked out to about $12-$15/hr, which was not bad for a youngster in the late 80's/early 90's.

Has anyone had a neighbor kid ask to mow your lawn? I just don't see it any more in my neighborhood.

I was mowing my lawn last year, and the neighbor walked by with his dog and offered to do it. I accepted, and now he does it as needed for a reasonable amount. 30s high school science teacher who's stuck subbing, waiting for full time. Win/win.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
May 24th, 2018 at 7:23:12 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

come on over to my house. We have just over an acre. About 3/4 of the acre I have to mow. We live on a hill and have lots of trees so I have to mow the entire thing by push mower. It takes me about 3.5 hours of mowing and about 2 hours of weed wacking. When it comes to trees I have about 40 trees. Maple, oak, and pine. I spend about 20 hours a year raking leaves as well. These are things that we didnt consider when buying this house. The first fall I was pulling into my driveway while it was windy. It looked like it was night time because of the amount of leaves that were falling all at once. I have a Honda self propelled. Guaranteed to start on 1 pull and it doesnt even have to be a strong pull.

You obviously need some goats.
GWAE
GWAE
May 24th, 2018 at 9:18:25 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

You obviously need some goats.

that was mentioned to me by a dad of a kid on my sons baseball team.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 25th, 2018 at 7:01:03 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Yes! And people that take out of the recycle bin can be surly if you question what they are doing. I don't want these opportunists in my neighborhood. If they see an unlocked car door they might take from there too.

Never even considered someone would be mad. Just figured I'd save my money and their energy reusing instead of recycling. Now someone's old clothes line pole is my new nerf bar. No offense intended.

Now I know how Axel feels. Stop blowing up my spot, my dude.

People are helpless these days. I have second near full time job just in my own neighborhood. My mower blades are dull, my battery's dead, I got bees, I need a shed, I want my basement finished, my outlet doesn't work, my toilet won't stop running, my roof leaks, I need new brakes...

There's nothing people won't pay to have done. And this bounty is all mine
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Joeman
Joeman
May 25th, 2018 at 7:22:49 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Now I know how Axel feels. Stop blowing up my spot, my dude.

People are helpless these days. I have second near full time job just in my own neighborhood. My mower blades are dull, my battery's dead, I got bees, I need a shed, I want my basement finished, my outlet doesn't work, my toilet won't stop running, my roof leaks, I need new brakes...

There's nothing people won't pay to have done. And this bounty is all mine

Sorry Face, I didn't mean to steal food off your table! I thought "willingness to do the $#!+ that people don't want to/can't do on their own is always +EV" was common knowledge, not a trade secret. Next time, I'll put it in a PM! :)
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 25th, 2018 at 9:05:56 AM permalink

Not sure about Vegas, but here, the city contracts to have recycling. I'm sure that the more valuable the materials collected, the less the city has to pay. This means that if scavengers are taking all the aluminum out of the bins left at the street, my taxes will go up to cover the lost revenue. So, in essence, people who steal from my recycling bin are taking money out of my pocket.

Yeah, same where I live.

The trash and recycling bins are physical property of the city, and the city has a contract with the recycling companies.

I would just assume that the legal chain of custody for garbage/recycling goes consumer --> city --> recycling company, and if anyone were to interrupt that chain they would be guilty of some kind of crime.

I could be totally wrong about that, though, and I seriously doubt anything like that would ever go to court.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 25th, 2018 at 2:23:25 PM permalink
Quote: Face

People are helpless these days.

People are as smart as they ever
were, they just have no time. When
I was a kid parenting involved little
time for my parents. Today it takes
all their free time, and more. Kids
today have to be shuttled all over,
have monitored play dates, have to
be huddled over and coddled.

In 1960 I never saw my parents till
dinner, they never had to take us
anywhere for anything, and we played
outside till almost dark. They had no
idea how easy they had it. No monitoring
the internet, no taboo's for TV shows,
no filtering of friends. I had some real
delinquents as friends, my parents
didn't know or care as long as it wasn't
me doing the wrongs.
rxwine
rxwine
May 25th, 2018 at 2:38:30 PM permalink
Not sure how many years it's been around,, but Freecycle still exists

Quote:

Welcome! The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 5,319 groups with 9,235,582 members around the world, and next door to you. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and neighborhoods. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by local volunteers (them's good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on 'Browse Groups' above the search box. Have fun!

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 25th, 2018 at 2:56:43 PM permalink
Material in or beside a Charity Donation Box is often pawed thru by the poor but its usually an arrestable offense to take away any item at all, even if the offender thinks of it as a Poor Box.

That city just north of San Francisco founded by hippies with their legal tree houses once had a Free Stuff place but then people starting using it as a garbage dump rather than recycling joint. Many Alaskan villages have a free stuff hut according to that Full-of-Lies Reality Show that was on a few years ago.
rxwine
rxwine
May 25th, 2018 at 3:14:09 PM permalink
I went to put something in a box in a Vegas and before I could open the door I heard something moving around. Decided not to look in, but called the LVPD. Maybe someone dumped an animal, or maybe there was a person. Maybe someone was bound and gagged in there. I figured either way, police could deal with it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 15th, 2018 at 7:52:16 PM permalink
Remember a more gentle time when these
words didn't exist? These didn't exist
25 years ago.

blog

bromance

mashup

cyberstalking

firepay

staycation

sexting

hater

emoji

meme

air quotes

binge watch

face palm

ping
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
June 15th, 2018 at 7:59:26 PM permalink
What do you mean by "gentle time"?

Ping Golf has been around since the late sixties.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
June 15th, 2018 at 8:21:24 PM permalink
Remember when. . . IBetYourAces was a forum member?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 15th, 2018 at 8:26:22 PM permalink

These didn't exist
25 years ago.

ping

EB, I have to ask....do you even know what half these words mean?

The first ping utility came out in 1985 which was 33 years ago. And I’d be willing to bet the word predates that.

Ever heard of ping pong?
  • Jump to: