girlinvegas
girlinvegas
  • Threads: 1
July 27th, 2012 at 8:33:29 AM permalink
I am so mad i cant see straight. A little over a month ago, I hit a jackpot in the neighborhood 711 where is was a regular slot player. I had been drinking and was very intoxicated. I did not have my i.d. in my purse, so when the machine locked up, i was supposed to come back with i.d. to claim the jackpot. My "friends" had other ideas. To make a very long story short, a female i know went into the store on the next shift and claimed to be the person who won the jackpot the night before (me!) I was playing Caveman Keno .25 cents denomination. Usually I bet one quarter and the payout for 6 out of 6 which i always play is 200 dollars.. with the 4x multiplier it is 800 dollars and with the 10x multiplier it is 2000 .... multiply all of this by 4 for a loaded bet, am i correct that the payout for 6 out of 6 with 3 10x multiplier eggs is $8000 if i had bet 4 quarters?? I'm pretty sure this is the amount i won and had stolen from me.. i contacted Gaming Control and just received a letter of the decision not to award me the money. Agent Louis Haynie's first reason for this decision was that "It is not possible to win $8000 jackpot on any of the machines at this store"..... Ok, forgive me if I'm wrong but my calculations say that with 4 quarters bet , hitting a 6 out of 6 jackpot with 3 10x multiplier eggs would INDEED be $8000. am i figuring this all wrong or am i correct and the gaming commission is grossly neglecting my case? Not only do I want and need MY $8000 , i cannot believe my 2 "friends" are actually going to get away with doing this to me.... PLEASE HELP???
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 326
July 27th, 2012 at 8:44:44 AM permalink
Quote: girlinvegas

I'm pretty sure this is the amount i won

pretty sure? wow, you *were* drunk!

Quote:

To make a very long story short, a female i know went into the store on the next shift and claimed to be the person who won the jackpot the night before

were you going along with this? I'm confused as to what this has to do with it, unless the 7-11 [and Gaming Control] doesnt want to pay them and you too?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
July 27th, 2012 at 8:46:43 AM permalink
Yes, 6 of 6 with 3 eggs on a 4 quarter bet yields 3200 quarters ($800) * 10x for the eggs=$8000. Here's the Wiz's analysis of the game.

It should also be incredibly easy for Gaming to verify the size of the jackpot in question. It's pretty disappointing to see that they didn't start with that step.

Note: if you're sure that you were playing 6 numbers, then you might have won $3,200 (match 6 balls & 2 eggs) or $8,000 (match 6 balls & 3 eggs). Those are the only ways that this could have been a jackpot requiring ID.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
July 27th, 2012 at 8:54:23 AM permalink
Is there not a camera in the game parlor? If so, you might have a Civil complaint against 7-11 for paying the wrong person, and certainly a civil claim against the person for claiming your jackpot. Speak to an attorney and ask about a Subpoena duces tecum (possible spelling error) which is a subpoena requesting a record, namely, the camera record for that day.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 8:55:07 AM permalink
Yes, i was extremely intoxicated, i'm not used to drinking really... there is so much more to the story.. my "friends" set me up completely, i woke up in a strange apartment to a story that i showed up at the door saying i'd been robbed.. this was all an attempt to make me forget i won the jackpot so they could collect it themselves.. crazy huh? i hit and the machine locked up and waited for me to show my i.d. to collect the money.. my i.d. was in a different purse so i left to get it. i was intercepted by my "friends" and woke up at 6am to this crazy story that didnt sound right to me at all.. i started putting pieces together and figured it all out and remembered everything , called gaming and was sure i'd get the money.. i won money at 711 and they didnt pay me.. just because some idiot employee on the next shift didn't verify she was paying out 8000 to the correct person is not my problem..711 still owes me the money.. Gaming said their main reason for the decision is none of the machines at this store payout jackpots of 8000, that 4000is the highest jackpot WHICH IS NOT TRUE! I don't know exactly what to do other than file an appeal,.. the main thing bothering me is that these people are going to get away with what they did to me!!
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 8:57:08 AM permalink
When i first met with the gaming agent, they confirmed i played the back machine for 2 minutes.... now in this letter i received today, they are claiming i didnt play any machine at all, that i walked in the store alone and simply sat at a machine and didnt play... bullsh** ... i would never do this, drunk or not.... and they already confirmed i played! the 711 employess conspired against me to protect the job of the female clerk who paid the wrong person... this is all so crazy but it all happened...
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 8:58:37 AM permalink
i read somewhere that they are required to keep the video for only 7 days.... i contacted gaming within 2 days and they saw the video.. i wonder if they still have it or if its destroyed by now? most likely stillhave it since there was an "investigation" if you can call it that..
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:03:17 AM permalink
it was $8000 ..... i'm sure of it..... i have a letter here from Agent Hayney of the gaming commission stating, and i quote:

Itis not possible to Win $8,000 on any of the slot machines at 7-11 Store #***** The
highest possible jackpot is $4,000. Accounting records showed there were no jackpots
won by anyone during the timeframe in question. Witnesses stated that While you had
sat at a slot machine, you never played any of the slot machines. A comprehensive
review of recorded video surveillance confirmed you did not play any slot machines,
even though you did sit at two different machines for several minutes each.

THIS IS DISTURBING BECAUSE... first of all, it IS possible to win 8000 on a quarter caveman keno machine and if it isnt, they are in violation of all kinda of gaming laws because it says on the machine you can win that much... Accounting records probably show the timeframe as the morning after when my "friend" went in and collected the money... they were looking at the time i was playing the machines... The same agent who wrote this letter told me on our first meeting that i played the back machine for 2 minutes only... this is the machine that hit a jackpot.
kmumf
kmumf
July 27th, 2012 at 9:05:51 AM permalink
If anything out of this find real friends who care about you. Money and greed bring out the worst in people I hate stories like this.
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:06:08 AM permalink
TO CLARIFY.... I hit the 6 out of 6 and didnt REMEMBER at first... yes i was that drunk but there is no law against gambling while intoxicated , is there? my "friends" banked on the fact that i wouldnt remember EVER and they werent going to tell me... they were shocked when i started putting all these pieces together and finally remembered what happened..... 2 days later.. when i first contacted gaming...
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:08:34 AM permalink
no, i was ABSOLUTELY not going along with this.... for 2 days, i didnt even remember what happened! then it all started coming to me and i thought for sure they would be arrested and i would get my money... i'm shocked at the things this gaming agent is saying, mainly because his information is WRONG!
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
July 27th, 2012 at 9:12:12 AM permalink
Seems to be you were too drunk to remember the amount you won,
and didn't do anything to identify yourself so that no one else could claim the prize.
Rather an expensive lesson about the need for self control I guess.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Mission146
Mission146
July 27th, 2012 at 9:14:20 AM permalink
By all means, let us know how this gets resolved, but right now, you need to log out and TALK TO AN ATTORNEY!!!

You can get a free consultation with many attorneys, and if you find one interested in taking the case, he'll probably work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you only pay him if you win the case. If nothing else, go down to the courthouse and file a subpoena duces tecum requesting the camera record and pay the money to have it served on the store manager. If you cannot afford the service fees, file an affidavit of indigency which basically says you can't afford to have it served, then they have to go ahead and do it and attempt to bill you in most jurisdictions.

I strongly recommend consulting with a couple attorneys, though. If none of them decide to help you with this matter, they can at least get you started in the right direction.

***I am not an attorney, and any advice offered in this post is strictly on a basis of my own unqualified and unprofessional opinion. I am not a member of the bar in any state. I am not being compensated, nor would I accept compensation for this opinion even if it were offered.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:16:05 AM permalink
nothing makes my skin crawl more than the thought of these idiots getting away with this.....it was so sickening , the way they were acting, trying to pretend they were broke while spending my money.... i want them to pay... not to mention i want and NEED my money really badly..these people were roommates, i was renting a room from them so.... when i called and reported them to the gaming commission, i had to move out immediately for my safety, even leaving my clothes and computer... now i need the money to get a new place and start my life over and its MY MONEY.... how DARE the gaming commission let them get away with fraud like this!
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:19:04 AM permalink
thanku so much for your advice.... i did contact a couple attorneys in the beginning but they kept telling me to file with metro and i knew it was a gaming issue and gaming is the police too , so i just counted on the fact that justice would be served... i found of this morning i was wrong.... thank you for your help.... if anybody who reads this knows of an attorney who might help with this, please let me know asap.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
July 27th, 2012 at 9:19:33 AM permalink
The win for catching 6 out of 6 in Caveman Keno is 780 or 800, according to the pay tables I've seen. For catching all three eggs that is multiplied by 10. You bet four quarters. So the max win would indeed be $0.25*4*800*10=$8000. So, that shouldn't be a reason, according to your version, to deny your claim. Surveillance footage should be able to verify they paid the wrong person, unless your friend looks a lot like you.

Having been through the process of filing a dispute with Gaming before, I know you can appeal the agent's decision. As I understand it, you will have to write a letter why you disagree with his decision, and the full Gaming Control Board will automatically take it up upon appeal.

thanku so much for your advice.... i did contact a couple attorneys in the beginning but they kept telling me to file with metro and i knew it was a gaming issue and gaming is the police too , so i just counted on the fact that justice would be served... i found of this morning i was wrong.... thank you for your help.... if anybody who reads this knows of an attorney who might help with this, please let me know asap.

I think the attorneys were wrong. The LVPD won't help with the case against 7-11, because it is outside their jurisdiction. However, if your friend commited a crime by impersonating you, that is another issue, which probably does fall under their purview.

For $8,000 only I don't think any attorney is going to be too eager to get involved. However, the two gaming attorneys I know of are Nick Mastrangelo and Bob Nersesian. I would go with Nick, as I think Bob tries to catch bigger fish than this.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:22:32 AM permalink
i dont drink alot of alcohol and have a few shots of brandy from time to time... granted, i did have a few more than usual on this occasion, i don't really believe i was just drunk... thats a whole other issue though.. i won the money , it isnt illegal to be intoxicated while gambling and even though i left the store to get my i.d., they money isn't simply up for grabs..
Mission146
Mission146
July 27th, 2012 at 9:23:38 AM permalink
I think that she should get a lawyer to do it, I'm worried about the camera record suddenly disappearing.
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:24:13 AM permalink
This agent was on vacation for 3 weeks up until this week and i dont even think he investigated the case at all.. if he did, hes grossly incompetent stating that the machines in that store don't pay out $8000??? what an idiot and hes a gaming agent..
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:26:21 AM permalink
im worried about that too cuz i read they only have to keep it for 7 days..... the agents confirmed that very first day that i played the machine for 2 minutes.... i heard thru the grapevine that my ex roommate was telling people i didnt even put money in the machine.. i think its a whole conspiracy between my "friends " who were also acquaintences and friends of the 711 employees in the neighborhood.... the employees protecting their friend and co worker who paid out the money and well, its a given why my friends were covering it up...
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:29:08 AM permalink
No no,,,,,, i thought that too at first, that she impersonated me.... that wasn't the case.... she went into the store 2 shifts later, the morning shift , with my roommate and they pretended it was she who won the jackpot and left the store... she claimed the money with her own i.d. i was a regular almost daily player at this store and im sure this girl , although blonde like me, never once played a machine in that store... she didnt even live in the neighborhood... (she is the sister in law of my ex roommate.. )
Mission146
Mission146
July 27th, 2012 at 9:31:20 AM permalink

This agent was on vacation for 3 weeks up until this week and i dont even think he investigated the case at all.. if he did, hes grossly incompetent stating that the machines in that store don't pay out $8000??? what an idiot and hes a gaming agent..

I would speak to the attorney that The Wizard suggested, but even an inexperienced small time attorney might be more eager to take the case, and I think you have an open-and-shut if you can get access to that surveillance footage. I really am not too sure who your claim is against, I would say 7-11 for paying the wrong person...unless she somehow accessed your ID and used it, then you really don't have much on them. You certainly have a civil claim against your friend, but you may well need to file a criminal complaint against her to go along with it.

If the gaming board does not resolve this properly, then you may have something on them as well, but that would probably be in the State Court of Claims if Nevada has one, I know Ohio does. Anytime you sue a state agency in Ohio, it must go through the Court of Claims, that WOULD be a ton of work for an attorney for a 33% payback of whatever you win, unless he can find a way to get you punitive damages.

You have no lawsuit against the agent himself. He has state immunity acting in the course and scope of his position.

***Disclaimer as per above.
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:34:29 AM permalink
i am absolutely most definitely filing an appeal but now im worried.... i was shocked when i read that letter this morning.. i thought for sure they would pay me and arrest them.. never did i expect the things i read from the agent.. i know its only 8000 dollars but... with the extensive conspiracy on the part of the employees... etc.... maybe its worth even more now... i'm somewhat afraid for my safety now as my ex roommate was asking me to come help him with something ,completely out of the blue.. i think they wanted to prevent me from filing an appeal, even though they deny everything and claim i am crazy... this is movie of the week stuff... i cant let them get away with this....
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:35:20 AM permalink
im worried now that i wont win the appeal either!
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:38:07 AM permalink
hes still an idiot making false statements like that... his exact words were :

" Itis not possible to Win $8,000 on any of the slot machines at 7-11 Store #27*** " Think about that statement for a minute...... it isnt possible to win 8000 dollars on any machine in the store??? 25 cents is the smallest denomination you can play.... what an idiotic thing to say , and to base my whole case upon this???
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 9:40:29 AM permalink
My claim is against 711 for not paying me! I don't care who they mistakenly paid out in the meantime, they should have made sure it was the same person who really played the machine..... 711 owes me just like they did when i first hit the jackpot and THEY need to go after the girl who claimed the money and defrauded the clerk and their store... but they still owe me what i won...
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 27th, 2012 at 9:41:50 AM permalink
There is a member of the forum is who is an attorney here in Las Vegas. He doesn't specialize in gaming disputes, but maybe he would be interested in your case anyway. I'll send him a Private Message to visit this thread and maybe he will have an interest in helping you out.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
July 27th, 2012 at 9:46:35 AM permalink
Doesn't there have to be a record of a jackpot being hit for $8000? Is that in dispute?
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
July 27th, 2012 at 10:03:11 AM permalink
I wasn't there, so this is just speculation. The whole thing sounds fishy to me.

I remember being out of it and having the illusion that I had quite a bit of wealth. Actually, I'd been tripping, and I hallucinated that a disembodied hand had handed me twenty thousand dollars. Thing is, after I came down I was absolutely certain that I had the money laying around somewhere. Yeah, I know. Different drug. Same thing. I was sure that money was mine.

Gaming didn't say someone else collected it; they said it was never won. That might be where I'd start pulling on the thread to see if it unravels or stays whole.
A falling knife has no handle.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 27th, 2012 at 10:16:47 AM permalink
This whole story doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know of a single 7/11 that pays its own jackpots. Every 7/11 that I am aware of has a slot machine route operator that pays the jackpots.

You should go back to the 7/11 and on or near the machines there will be something that says who the route operator is. Contact them as they are responsible for paying the jackpot.

Most likely it will be United Coin as they have most of the 7/11's. http://www.unitedcoin.com
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 10:20:21 AM permalink
no, there is so much evidence to support my claim, just too extensive to go into here , in the beginning anyway... my first clues came when i realized that my cell phone , that was supposedly stolen the night before in this "robbery" they told me of, i realized that i could check the call history of the phone.... i did and saw calls being made between my roommates and other people i knew from a phone that they had told me was stolen??? then the phone mysteriously appeared in a drawer in 711??? this is all fact... the morning after when i woke up and my roommate was so kind to come make sure i made it home alright, he insisted we stop into 711... gambling was the last thing i felt like doing... i had been ROBBED the night before for gods sake , but he insisted so i went in .. he put a 20 in the machine and i put in a 5 (mysteriously i had 14 dollars with my 2nd purse , nice of them to leave me that.. ) the reason he wanted to go into the store was to test the waters and see if the new employees on shift would see me and say..... hey... do u have your id now to get your money??? or if i would remember it myself from being in the store... when neither of those things happened, and i lost my 5 dollars while he stillhad 20 on the machine, i left the store and another call was made at the moment i left the store from my STOLEN cell phone to HIS HOME PHONE..... ( he called the sister in law, who was at the house waiting and told her the coast was clear... to come to the store and get the money ... they didnt remember me.. and neither did i) at the exact time i left the store, a call was made my cell phone to his home phone and then vice versa 4 minutes later.... then no more calls for a few hours, they were busy at the store collecting my money!!!!! THIS ALL SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IT DID HAPPEN.... THEY NEVER THOUGHT ID REMEMBER AND I ALMOST DIDNT...
Mosca
Mosca
July 27th, 2012 at 10:24:58 AM permalink
Okay, then. I'll leave this for other to discuss, I have nothing to add....
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 10:25:14 AM permalink
gaming never confirmed nor denied that the money was won.... all they said that a jackpot wasn't won in that "timeframe" according to accounting... i need more info on this statement..... are they considering the time the jackpot was won the time the girl collected the money or when the machine locked up or what??? its too vague.... i cant believe they are doing this...
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 27th, 2012 at 10:26:31 AM permalink
thank u so much Wizard... seems like i came to the right place for help...: -)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 27th, 2012 at 11:12:32 AM permalink

thank u so much Wizard... seems like i came to the right place for help...: -)

You're welcome. Keep us posted.
UP84
UP84
  • Threads: 3
July 27th, 2012 at 11:33:01 AM permalink
Ok, I've carefully read this tread several times and there is one important thing that is not clear at all. How do you know, your "friends" , or anyone, collected the jackpot? What is your basis for knowing the jackpot was PAID?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
July 27th, 2012 at 11:35:25 AM permalink

" Itis not possible to Win $8,000 on any of the slot machines at 7-11 Store #27*** "

If you have it in writing, and it's clearly not the case in that store, that's a pretty good start for your case against the investigator at least.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
July 27th, 2012 at 11:41:42 AM permalink
Also, you might be able to go to small claims court against your friend, even if an attorney doesn't take it. (I think the limit may be $5000???, but that's a better return than nothing, if it is).
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Mosca
Mosca
July 27th, 2012 at 11:51:13 AM permalink
Quote: UP84

Ok, I've carefully read this tread several times and there is one important thing that is not clear at all. How do you know, your "friends" , or anyone, collected the jackpot? What is your basis for knowing the jackpot was PAID?

This. As best I can tell, there is no actual certainty that a jackpot was even won, let alone paid.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
July 27th, 2012 at 11:54:23 AM permalink
Is an $8000 jackpot a matter of public record? If it is, then this could be settled.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
July 27th, 2012 at 12:12:21 PM permalink
No mechanism or control by the store to protect the jackpot winner, add them to the lawsuit.
For the record, this thread smells like troll
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
July 27th, 2012 at 12:24:52 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

No mechanism or control by the store to protect the jackpot winner, add them to the lawsuit.
For the record, this thread smells like troll

It crossed my mind someone is having fun with the Wizard, as he has a clear soft spot for the "damsel in distress".
sunrise089
sunrise089
  • Threads: 6
July 27th, 2012 at 12:27:22 PM permalink
I predict if the OP's handle was "boyinvegas" they would get about 10x the skepticism I'm seeing in this thread.

Just to be clear of the claim, you realized [story is inconsistent] later that your friend claimed your money [story is inconsistent] after you won it, but yet the Gaming worker, with no horse in this race, says:

1) The machine you claim to have played on doesn't exist at the store you claimed to have played it at.

2) There is solid video evidence showing you having never played at any machines at the place in question.

3) No jackpots were won by anyone during the time in question.

So what's more likely: a) it's all an elaborate conspiracy between 7-Eleven, Gaming, and your friends? or b) you got drunk and blacked out and you're remembering some of the events wrong?

Considering the grammar of your posts, your rambling and inconsistent story, and your flaky interactions with police and attorneys, I'm going to go with b)...

All of that said, I'm sorry you had a bad night, very sorry your friends treated you poorly (perhaps they drugged you and took what cash you had on you, hence the 'robbery' story), and glad you made it out without any physical harm.

Lessons: 1) pick your friends wisely, 2) don't drink so much you aren't in control of your actions.

EDIT: crosspost with odiousgambit, I agree with him 100%. Wizard, you're an amazing guy and one of the true people of character on the internet. You seem very at ease with women in person. But online you are the biggest softy for a pretty/possible pretty/non-so-pretty face.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 27th, 2012 at 1:07:31 PM permalink
Quote: sunrise089

But online you are the biggest softy for a pretty/possible pretty/non-so-pretty face.

I consider it an affirmative action program to get more women on the forum. It is no big secret that at least 95% of the active members are male.
Mission146
Mission146
July 27th, 2012 at 1:25:17 PM permalink
The story seems a little fishy on its face, but like The Wizard, I'm willing to ride it out with some benefit of the doubt...for awhile.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
July 27th, 2012 at 1:29:23 PM permalink
I think this is part of the plot to Hangover III.

It's hard to make heads or tails out of this thread.
I heart Crystal Math.
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
  • Threads: 21
July 27th, 2012 at 1:42:57 PM permalink

Yes, i was extremely intoxicated, i'm not used to drinking really... there is so much more to the story.. my "friends" set me up completely, i woke up in a strange apartment to a story that i showed up at the door saying i'd been robbed..!

Waking up in a strange apartment? And they let you in? Possible date rape drug? Did you wake up half naked as well?

Were you "referred" to this site by a certain roulette player? lol
konceptum
konceptum
  • Threads: 33
July 27th, 2012 at 1:44:20 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

... fishy on ... face ... ride it out ...

Must.. resist.. making inappropriate jokes...
heather
heather
  • Threads: 8
July 27th, 2012 at 2:23:53 PM permalink
Quote: EdgeLooker

Yes, i was extremely intoxicated, i'm not used to drinking really... there is so much more to the story.. my "friends" set me up completely, i woke up in a strange apartment to a story that i showed up at the door saying i'd been robbed..!

Waking up in a strange apartment? And they let you in? Possible date rape drug? Did you wake up half naked as well?

I was wondering about that, too. I probably wouldn't let a drunk who showed up at my door at night sleep over, but maybe that's just me. Likewise, I'm not the heaviest drinker in the world, but this

for 2 days, i didnt even remember what happened!

didn't sound like alcohol to me, and also begs the question of how the OP is so certain that her recovered memory is of an actual event and not simply a dream or hallucination. And I'd also like to know how she's so certain that her friends got paid.

I am vaguely curious as to what would actually happen in this situation -- if somebody at a gas station won a jackpot but had no ID. The OP didn't say whether she notified anyone at the time, but notes the machine locking up in expectation of someone paying her. If she left without notifying anyone, would her winnings be forfeited? If she did notify someone, but didn't have ID, would protocol require her name/address being collected, or any other info, for verification upon her return?
Mission146
Mission146
July 27th, 2012 at 3:30:35 PM permalink
Quote: heather

I am vaguely curious as to what would actually happen in this situation -- if somebody at a gas station won a jackpot but had no ID. The OP didn't say whether she notified anyone at the time, but notes the machine locking up in expectation of someone paying her. If she left without notifying anyone, would her winnings be forfeited? If she did notify someone, but didn't have ID, would protocol require her name/address being collected, or any other info, for verification upon her return?

More than anything, that is the part with which I am having trouble. It seems that everything that 7-11 allegedly did was procedurally EXACTLY WRONG, and it's difficult to imagine that they do not fully train their employees on such matters knowing that they have to answer to the gaming commission.

I would think that if she simply left, her winnings (absent video surveillance) that she would forfeit the jackpot. Even with video surveillance, it's possible that the jackpot would be forfeited.
  • Jump to: