WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
July 27th, 2012 at 3:34:26 PM permalink
Post a copy of the police report or the letter from gaming or it didn't happen....
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
July 27th, 2012 at 3:38:53 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

Post a copy of the police report or the letter from gaming or it didn't happen....

Thank you, Wong. This is a silly thread....
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
  • Threads: 1
July 27th, 2012 at 5:14:45 PM permalink
HERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE LETTER FROM GAMING THAT PEOPLE THINK DOESNT EXISIST.. THIS REALLY HAPPENED AND THEY WONT GET AWAY WITH IT.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w434/alferguson1972/GAMINGCONTROL.png

The owner of the machines is Golden Gaming and they do the payouts through the route operator in most stores, but at this particular 7-11, they have a money dispenser that allows the store employee to do their own payouts. Players no longer have to wait for the route operator to come pay them at this store.

a copy of the letter from gaming is attached... it DID happen.. at this point , it really isnt even about the money, although i do need it badly... how can i let them win and get away with doing this?? its crossing my mind to just drop everything , which is what they want me to do , but how can i and still live with myself???

I am trying to figure out how to post a picture of this document from gaming. I cannot believe people are actually acting as if I've done something wrong when I was completely the victim.. I DIDNT GET PAID THAT NIGHT BECAUSE I HAD TAKEN MY I.D. OUT OF MY PURSE TO USE IT AND FORGOT TO PUT IT BACK. I HAD BEEN OUT AND HAD A FEW DRINKS AND WAS INTOXICATED FROM THE ALCOHOL, POSSIBLY SOMETHING WORSE. I HIT THE JACKPOT, REALIZED I DIDN'T HAVE MY I.D. , YELLED TO THE CLERK I WAS GOING TO GET IT , I WAS ON FOOT AS I LIVED JUST AROUND THE CORNER. I DIDNT MAKE IT HOME THAT NIGHT. MY SO CALLED FRIENDS CONCOCTED THIS GRAND SCHEME HOPING I WOULDNT REMEMBER ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED BECAUSE I WAS SO OUT OF IT, BUT I DID REMEMBER, NOT TILL 2 DAYS AND BEING TOLD THIS GRAND STORY OF A ROBBERY THAT HAPPENED TO ME. EVERYBODY WAS QUIET ABOUT THE JACKPOT, NOBODY MENTIONED IT TO ME AT ALL AND EVERYBODY AROUND ME WAS SPENDING MONEY LIKE CRAZY, BECAUSE THEY HAD COLLECTED MY JACKPOT. IT DID HAPPEN AND I HAVE PROOF IN THE PHONE RECORDS.. MORE THAN I WANT THE 8000 DOLLARS OR WHATEVER AMOUNT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ( I KNOW IT WAS 8000) , I WANT THESE PEOPLE TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME ! HOW CAN THEY JUST GET AWAY WITH THIS??? I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THIS PICTURE BUT I WILL IF SOMEONE TELLS ME,... and i cant post anymore responses because i'm a new member to the forum and it wont let me do any more.. p.s. I ask myself the same question, why they paid my "friend" .. it was one of the employees who didnt know me apparently and my roommate and the girl, a male and female went into the store and were pretending to be all excited about winning the jackpot the night before and they tricked the employee into paying them and not following proper procedure of giving out cash for a payout in a situation like this.. the whole cover up by the 711 employees was an attempt at a cover up to save the female employees job. IT HAPPENED. PERIOD. and i use that term "FRIEND" very lightly in all of these instances.... the people who did this were people and family of the place i was renting a room. they were not my friends i came to find out.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE, I WISH IT WAS.. im sitting here with tears in my eyes as ive been counting on this money to get my life back together and ive never felt more alone in my entire life.. i dont know where to go or what to do and i am scared... and yes, i am very real ...p.s. did i forget to mention the bruises on my arms? i cant believe this happened to me, every word i have said is true and this is why they will probably get away with it... because it IS so crazy and people think I'm the crazy one when i tell them what happened, just like here. ive no idea what to do except get this appeal filed.. did i mention these individuals have been trying to coerce me to come to their house again and i think they are looking for me to keep me from filing an appeal? if i go to the police, i wont even know where to begin and ive already got the report with gaming who was absolutely no help whatsoever..

P.S. IF SOMEONE TELLS ME EXACTLY HOW TO DO IT, I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH POSTING THE LETTER FROM GAMING AT ALL.

FOR THE RECORD..: The machines in that store DO pay out $8000, if not I have a whole new claim against them because a Caveman Keno 4 quarter bet , six out of six spots with 3 eggs is INDEED $8000 .. The agent is WRONG.

I put all these pieces of this nightmare of a puzzle together out of order but my story is consistent and I HAVE MY STOLEN CELL PHONE CALL RECORDS TO PROVE EVERYTHING.... These idiot were dumb enough to do this and then actually use my cell phone to perpetrate the fraud even further! its at&t and there is a record of everything and it goes right along with everything ive said.. actually thats how i started putting the pieces together, when i saw the calls being made to and from my phone, which was supposedly stolen in a ROBBERY that i didnt remember ( i was told this by the same people who collected the jackpot) i saw these calls 2 days after this all happened and thats what triggered my memory..... THIS DID HAPPEN and they ALMOST got away with it.

one last note... someone asked me how i KNEW these people did this ... I knew because in their attempt to cover up what they had done, they made several critical mistakes and said alot of things to me that just didnt make sense.. the things they said to me and the way they were acting told me what they did just as much as if they had come to me and told me themselves outright. i may have been intoxicated but i was THERE and i KNEW they were lying... i cant believe i figured it all out.... and my guess is they in a million years never thought i'd figure it out. it was a very good plan but they underestimated me. and god help me, they wont get away with it.

IM GETTING REALLY SICK OF HAVING TO DEFEND MYSELF IN THIS MATTER.. I HAVE THE COPY OF THE LETTER FROM THE GAMING AGENT RIGHT HERE, READY TO BE POSTED BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST IT HERE AND I CANT POST ANY MORE REPLIES BECAUSE I'M A NEW MEMBER AND THE SYSTEM WONT LET ME.. THE ONLY REASON IT EVEN CROSSED MY MIND TO DROP THIS MATTER IS BECAUSE I AM AFRAID FOR MY PERSONAL SAFETY AND THE INDIVIDUALS WHO DID THIS ARE COLD CALCULATING INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL OBVIOUSLY GO TO GREAT LENGTHS TO PERPETRATE THIS FRAUD AND KEEP THEMSELVES OUT OF JAIL.. AT THIS POINT, IF THEY SILENCE ME, THEY WIN AND IT IS OVER.. I JUST FINISHED TYPING A LETTER FOR APPEAL TO THE GAMING COMMISSION AND I WILL POST THIS LETTER FROM THEM IF SOMEBODY JUST TELLS ME HOW TO DO IT. The attitudes of all the people attacking me are precisely why i considered just dropping the whole matter and the reason these criminals think they are going to get away with what they did.. i am not trying to get anybodys sympathy , every word I have said is true and I can fill in the blanks for any "holes" anybody finds in the things i have said. i can explain it all. I need a good SMART attorney. Obviously it takes intelligence to recognize intelligence. i considered just dropping it because i am a single female who was renting a place to live from the individuals who did this to me, now i don't have a place to live and these people want to hurt me so i can't press this issue any further. I think thats a pretty good reason for considering dropping the matter, but i'm not..... I have to stand for something and I wont let them get away with this, no matter what it takes.

HERE IS A LINK TO THE GAMING LETTER... I AM TIRED FROM STRESS AND DEFENDING MYSELF TRYING TO TELL THIS STORY.. I UNDERSTAND ITS VERY UNBELIEVABLE BUT IT DID HAPPEN TO ME AND I CANT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT... p.s. so i said "intoxicated" instead of "drunk" .. somehow it didnt sound so bad to me that way...im pretty sure it was more than "drunk " or "intoxicated " but thats a whole other matter completely.. here is the link.... im going to watch TV and forget about this for the night and I'll read any responses tomorrow... thank u for all your help... A.F.

LINK: http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w434/alferguson1972/GAMINGCONTROL.png

I most definitely challenge the "comprehensive video surveillance" beause the agent TOLD ME in the store when i first saw him that I DID INDEED PLAY THE BACK MACHINE FOR TWO MINUTES.. now he says he talked to witnesses and the story changed? I walked into the store alone and simply SAT at 2 machines? it didnt happen. I was a regular almost daily player at that store, i WAS playing the back machine and i DID win money on the night of June 16th into the morning of the 17th. The woman who collected my jackpot the next morning DID NOT PLAY at all. The agents statement STARTED with an incorrect fact so why would anything else he says be accurate? and who are these "witnesses"? the 711 employess covering everything up?? They wont tell me anything so I dont have the answers .. Every time i try to find out, I'm directed to gaming and they are no help whatsoever.. I'm really afraid these assholes are going to win and thats going to make me physically SICK. is there ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO BELIEVES ME? THIS REALLY ALL HAPPENED , I HAVE THE PROOF WITH MY CELL PHONE RECORDS. I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE PHYSICALLY GONE DOWN TO METRO IN RETROSPECT, I DID HOWEVER CALL THEM AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A GAMING ISSUE AND TO CONTACT THEM, WHICH I DID IMMEDIATELY. NOW THAT A MONTH HAS PASSED, I'M PRETTY SURE ITS TOO LATE TO CONTACT THEM AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. I WANTED THE MONEY, I NEEDED THE MONEY, I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA GET THE MONEY, I HAD SPENT IT IN MY HEAD, AND I READ THAT LETTER TODAY AND I REALIZED THAT IT ISNT ABOUT ME GETTING THE MONEY AT ALL, ITS ABOUT THEM GETTING WHAT THEY DESERVE. THEY TREAT PEOPLE BADLY ALL THE TIME AND THIS TIME, THEY THINK THEY ARE SO SMART FOR DOING THIS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT, IT ACTUALLY TURNS MY STOMACH TO THINK ABOUT IT. I CANT LIVE WITH MYSELF IF THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.. I just hope and pray someone sees all this who is smart enough to know im telling the truth and has the ability to help me.

THE ONLY REASON I EVEN STARTED ALL THIS IS BECAUSE AFTER I READ THE AGENTS DECISION LETTER THIS MORNING, I WAS ON THE INTERNET TRYING TO CONFIRM THE PAYOUTS OF THE 711 MACHINES, I KNEW I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THIS AND I WAS LOOKING FOR PROOF WHEN I STUMBLED UPON THIS WEBSITE..

P.S. if you are reading all this for the first time, please realize i am responding to different posts in this one place because being a new member i exceeded the posting limit and its the only place I can respond to the comments being made...

THATS JUST IT! THERE IS a jackpot recorded ... All the manager would confirm is that it was won by a regular player. Nobody will answer my question as to if it was collected by the person i know it was, and if they just look back at the tapes, i know all the proof is right there, just as i'm saying it is..... but i can't make anybody LOOK or tell me the name of the person who won that jackpot and when they see her name as collected the jackpot, i want them to LOOK at the tapes if they havent been destroyed yet and see that she never even played. Everybody gives me the run around though and i dont know what to do. The store manager, the store employess, EVERYBODY is just trying to make this all go away and i won't let it. ALL I WANT IS SOMEBODY TO REALLY LOOK INTO THIS AND SEE IF WHAT I AM SAYING IS TRUE, AGENT HAYNIE WAS ON VACATION FOR 3 WEEKS, JUST GOT BACK WEDNESDAY AND I GOT THIS LETTER TODAY... I DONT BELIEVE HE REALLY EVEN INVESTIGATED THE CASE.... THAT IS MY PROBLEM AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE RESOLVED WITH THE HEARING..... I THINK I NEED A LAWYER TO HELP ME THOUGH BUT I CANT AFFORD ONE..
WongBo
WongBo
July 27th, 2012 at 5:36:53 PM permalink
why did you not get paid immediately?
why did you not identify yourself as the winner to protect your claim?
why did they pay your "friend" with no way of knowing she was in fact the winner?
there are a lot of holes in this story and it just all sounds like fiction.
how about some proof of a police report or the letter from gaming.
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
July 27th, 2012 at 7:00:58 PM permalink
After reading this nonsense....I have only one question...

Wouldn't there need to be a W2-G for the $8000 jackpot? And if so, wouldn't it be tied to that machine on that date. Just ask the 7-11 (or the game operator) to see the W2-G's that were issued on that day, and perhaps the day after for that store.

I think that would solve most of the "mystery". If there was a jackpot of that size, and it wasn't reported with a W2-G, wouldn't the operator have some trouble with either Gaming of the IRS? Guess that makes two questions.

Anyway....back to my cave....good luck getting your winnings.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
sunrise089
sunrise089
  • Threads: 6
July 27th, 2012 at 7:11:30 PM permalink
I don't want to cross into personal attack land, but I sort of feel attacked myself with the OP's sympathy ploy.

@OP's most recent post:

*Claims letter attached when it isn't? Check!

*Threatens to just drop the issue despite, in theory, a very large amount of money being at stake and very clearly being in the legal right? Check!

*Says she's being told she did something wrong by the WoV members when in reality people just questioned the story? Check!

*Uses the phrase "intoxicated" instead of "drunk" or some slang despite it being rarely used by actual drinkers, much less young partying drinkers? Check!

*Mentions crying, feeling alone, and previously completely unmentioned physical threats? Check!

*Most of all, HAS ZERO EVIDENCE ANY JACKPOT WAS WON? CHECK!

@OP - Here's my advice:

Make a coherent list of facts. Proofread it and organize it, so it states relevant facts, supported by evidence, and in some sort of logical order. Attach the darn gaming letter, which takes two seconds via any upload site. Then go to the police.

Any further rationalizations trying to cover for the lack of evidence, the changing story, or why you'd not bother reporting a THEFT OF $8,000 to the police, IMHO swings the likelihood solidly towards this being some sort of con game or attention ploy.

PS - Again though, I'm still sorry whatever did happen happened. You're just going to have the best chance of recovering your $8,000 if you get yourself together a bit.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
July 27th, 2012 at 7:26:24 PM permalink
I just sent girlinvegas a private message and will try to help her get the picture posted.
WongBo
WongBo
July 27th, 2012 at 8:20:36 PM permalink
"a comprehensive review of recorded video surveillance confirmed you did not play any slot machines...."
JB
Administrator
JB
July 27th, 2012 at 8:46:45 PM permalink
In case the photobucket image expires:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 27th, 2012 at 8:58:15 PM permalink
Well, if there is a conspiracy among your friends, perhaps the person in the video is one of them.

But still need to explain why there is no jackpot recorded.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
July 27th, 2012 at 9:06:17 PM permalink
Another thing is, generally when a machine locks up, there's a pretty good spell between recording the event, payment --- that should be a big block of time where possibly the machine light is blinking. (most of my experience with jackpots is about 1/2 hour of the machine being down, which would be on video)

Unless it's completely different there.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
sunrise089
sunrise089
  • Threads: 6
July 27th, 2012 at 10:00:44 PM permalink
Thanks JB.

First thing first: any reason we can't un-redact the 7-Eleven store name and confirm the machine works as the OP claims? If it does that would at least confirm an immediate avenue of appeal.
JB
Administrator
JB
July 27th, 2012 at 10:20:59 PM permalink
Quote: sunrise089

any reason we can't un-redact the 7-Eleven store name and confirm the machine works as the OP claims? If it does that would at least confirm an immediate avenue of appeal.

Done. It appears to be the 7-11 at the intersection of Vegas Valley Drive and South Maryland Parkway.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
July 27th, 2012 at 10:40:41 PM permalink
morally speaking i believe its wrong to steal but if someone steals from you its perfectly acceptable to steal from them at a later date.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
July 28th, 2012 at 12:47:24 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

pretty sure? wow, you *were* drunk!

were you going along with this? I'm confused as to what this has to do with it, unless the 7-11 [and Gaming Control] doesnt want to pay them and you too?

Its a 711... "lets go to the Video Tape" -- Werner Wolf
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
heather
heather
  • Threads: 8
July 28th, 2012 at 5:08:11 AM permalink
Quote: girlinvegas

I ask myself the same question, why they paid my "friend" .. it was one of the employees who didnt know me apparently and my roommate and the girl, a male and female went into the store and were pretending to be all excited about winning the jackpot the night before and they tricked the employee into paying them and not following proper procedure of giving out cash for a payout in a situation like this..

Huh. So 711 pays eight thousand dollar jackpots out of the till? I thought that sort of thing was handled by the operators of the machines (the people who come and empty them and whatnot). Any luck finding or contacting those people, BTW?

Incidentally, am I the only person here horribly confused by the idea of drinking brandy in shots? I've never heard of it being consumed that way before, but, hey, people do crazy things.

Shouldn't the bruises have been enough to make this a police matter?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
July 28th, 2012 at 5:19:39 AM permalink
Trivia Time!

Once on Final Jeopardy the "answer" was along the lines of "This is the first city to have a 7-11 open 24 hours on a permanent basis."

The "question" was "What is Las Vegas?"

However, upon trying to confirm this, the 7-11 web site says the first ones to be permanently open 24 hours were in Dallas, Forth Worth, and Las Vegas. It doesn't say which was exactly first. It should also be noted the first time a 7-11 was open 24 hours was in Austin, which stayed open late after a Texas football game, but this was not their permanent hours. Another big of 7-11 trivia comes from the fact they used to be up 7 am to 11 pm.

Quote: JB

It appears to be the 7-11 at the intersection of Vegas Valley Drive and South Maryland Parkway.

If I'm ever out that way, and I seldom tread that far east, I'll check if they have a Caveman Keno game that might pay $8,000 on a $1 bet.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
WongBo
WongBo
July 28th, 2012 at 5:28:51 AM permalink
can you name the city that has the highest numbers of 7-Eleven stores, with more than 1,700?
TOKYO
Japan has more 7-Eleven locations than anywhere else in the world,
where they often bear the title of its current holding company "Seven & I Holdings".
Of the 39,153 stores around the globe, 12,925 of them are located in Japan with 1,713 in Tokyo alone.
7-Eleven is part of an international chain of convenience stores,
operating under Seven-Eleven Japan Co. Ltd, which in turn is owned by Seven & I Holdings Co. of Japan
source:wikipedia
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
July 28th, 2012 at 5:34:45 AM permalink

can you name the city that has the highest numbers of 7-Eleven stores, with more than 1,700?

My guess was Hong Kong. They seem to have a 7-11 at almost every intersection there. The HK 7-11s are about 1/6 the size of the ones here. Since Tokyo is larger than Hong Kong, I am not surprised they would have more.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
July 28th, 2012 at 6:35:58 AM permalink
Quote: heather

Incidentally, am I the only person here horribly confused by the idea of drinking brandy in shots? I've never heard of it being consumed that way before, but, hey, people do crazy things.

We drank brandy in college. It was a warming drink consumed during hayrides, cold football games, etc. We'd just pass the bottle around and everyone would take a chug. I guess that would qualify as shots.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 28th, 2012 at 6:43:50 AM permalink
The last time I had brandy, at the boss' birthday party, it was served in plastic cups.

To be fair, 1) it was brandy, not cognac, 2) the boss liberated two bottles from his own stock in an impromptu gesture, 3) he wanted everyone (there were about 50 of us or so) to get a drink.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
WongBo
WongBo
July 28th, 2012 at 7:06:18 AM permalink
there are people who would drink gasoline if it came in a bottle...
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
July 28th, 2012 at 7:08:06 AM permalink

there are people who would drink gasoline if it came in a bottle...

Isn't that why they don't use 100% ethanol for gasoline? Because if they did, too many people would just buy a gallon of it for $3.50 to drink?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 28th, 2012 at 7:16:23 AM permalink
Look up Denatured Alcohol.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
  • Threads: 21
July 28th, 2012 at 7:19:10 AM permalink
Bruises on your arms? You might of been assaulted. CSI-LV should get on this case. :)
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
July 28th, 2012 at 7:20:54 AM permalink
OT, but this thread reminds me of the movie, "Single White Female."

I still need to see the movie "The Roommate."
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 28th, 2012 at 8:56:20 AM permalink
Quote: sunrise089

Lessons: 1) pick your friends wisely, 2) don't drink so much you aren't in control of your actions.

3) Don't ever leave the house without your ID.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 28th, 2012 at 5:22:57 PM permalink
I have tried asking questions of 7-11 .. They used to be so nice to me there, as I spent alot of money on their stupid machines... How everything has changed... They are completely rude to me as if i'd done something wrong... They won't answer any of my questions about the jackpot winners that weekend , except saying 2 jackpots were hit by regular customers... yeah... one of them was me... they direct all of my questions to gaming and the officer i was assigned to is rude and i don't think he even bothered to investigate the case... if someone could find out about the machines in 711 and let me know,.. that would be awesome.. i filed for a hearing , sent it in the mail today... the people who stole this want to silence me and if they can , they get away with it... therefore my personal safety is at risk..i cant just let it go though... if something happens to me, they did it..
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 28th, 2012 at 5:25:01 PM permalink
1. i have learned a lesson about friends..

2. i have never been so drunk i lost my memory like i did that night and i didnt drink any more than usual, i believe something was put in my drink, a completely separate issue but the underlying factor nonetheless..

3. yes, lesson learned about the i.d., however, if i had the i.d on me, im sure they would have outright stolen the cash anyway..
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 28th, 2012 at 5:25:53 PM permalink
ummm.. i most definitely was assaulted and nothing about this is funny. THIS ISNT EVEN ABOUT ME GETTING THE MONEY ANYMORE THOUGH... I'M PAST THAT.. THIS IS ABOUT THOSE ASSHOLES GETTING AWAY WITH WHAT THEY DID... I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THEY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME... IF someone stole 8000 dollars from you, no matter what the circumstances, and they were smug and cocky about it but at the same time trying to pretend they didnt do it when you KNEW they did and they KNEW that you knew they did..... and the got away with it???? how would you feel???

In response to all the alcoholic comments... i am not one... i was more than drunk that night.

I really do appreciate the help and the good advice everybody is giving me... This is so hard and it did happen and I was all alone in fighting them... thank you.
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 28th, 2012 at 5:43:09 PM permalink
Thats just IT.... There IS a jackpot recorded.... Maybe not in the exact timeframe i had said but there is a jackpot recorded between 7pm Saturday June 16th thru 12noon Sunday June 17th..... Somewhere in that time frame, be it when the machine hit or when they collected it..... Somewhere in that timeframe there is a jackpot hit....... and it was mine.
WongBo
WongBo
July 28th, 2012 at 5:45:55 PM permalink

Thats just IT.... There IS a jackpot recorded.... Maybe not in the exact timeframe i had said but there is a jackpot recorded between 7pm Saturday June 16th thru 12noon Sunday June 17th..... Somewhere in that time frame, be it when the machine hit or when they collected it..... Somewhere in that timeframe there is a jackpot hit....... and it was mine.

surveillance says no, maybe you were given a hallucinogen in your drink.
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 28th, 2012 at 5:46:48 PM permalink
I told gaming about the bruises... they shrugged me off, said it was a matter for metro... i went home and called metro and told them the story... they said its a gaming matter and they are the police too and they have to handle it..... i tried... i really tried to do everything i could to bring this to justice.... now i have become the bad guy, the one being condemned and punished for something they did ... all i want is what is legally mine and i want them to pay for what they did ...
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 28th, 2012 at 5:57:02 PM permalink
HOW DO U KNOW SURVEILLENCE SAYS NO???? THAT IS MY ISSUE HERE .... IF THEY WOULD JUST LOOK BACK AT THE TAPES, EVERYTHING IM SAYING WILL BE PROVEN..... BUT NOBODY WILL LOOK! THAT IS A BOLD FACED LIE THAT I JUST MERELY SAT AT 2 MACHINES... WHO DOES THAT? DRUNK OR OTHERWISE, I WOULD NOT SIT IN FRONT OF A MACHINE AND NOT PLAY IT.... IT DIDNT HAPPEN.. I DID PLAY IT...... I DO NOT BELIEVE THE AGENT INVESTIGATED THIS CASE AT ALL... HE DIDNT HAVE TIME TO.. HE WAS ON VACATION FOR 3 WEEKS THEN CAME BACK AND SENT ME THIS LETTER... I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE WAS A COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW OF ANYTHING AT ALL BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT WHAT IM SAYING IS TRUE. I WAS NOT HALLUCINATING AND I WASNT HALLUCINATING ALL THE ACTIONS OF MY FRIENDS, SPENDING MY 8000 WHILE TRYING TO ACT LIKE THEY WERE ALL BROKE... IT WAS SICKENING.... ALMOST LIKE THEY WERE TAUNTING ME WITH IT... IT DID HAPPEN AND I WONT DEFEND THAT FACT ANYMORE... THE AGENT IS LYING. PERIOD. HE TOLD ME THE FIRST DAY I SAW HIM THAT YES, I INDEED DID PLAY THE BACK MACHINE FOR 2 MINUTES .. I STOPPED BECAUSE THE MACHINE LOCKED UP. PERIOD .. AND UNLESS THE TAPES HAVE BEEN DESTROYED , WHICH WOULDNT SURPRISE ME , AS NOTHING WOULD AT THIS POINT, THE PROOF IS ON THOSE TAPES... BUT NOBODY WILL LET ME SEE THEM. AND NOBODY WILL TELL ME THE NAME OF THE 2 JACKPOT WINNERS BUT ILL BET MY LIFE I KNOW THE NAME OF ONE OF THEM..... AND SHE ISNT ON THE VIDEO AS PLAYING ANY MACHINE THERE EVER..
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
July 28th, 2012 at 6:03:19 PM permalink
Just so you know, you are screaming at total strangers, via the internet.

Think about that for a while. Consider its value to your situation. Decide if it is really the best way to solve what you say is your problem.

In my opinion, if you think that this is the best way to solve what you say is your problem... well, there's your problem.
A falling knife has no handle.
heather
heather
July 28th, 2012 at 6:08:27 PM permalink

THIS ISNT EVEN ABOUT ME GETTING THE MONEY ANYMORE THOUGH... I'M PAST THAT.. THIS IS ABOUT THOSE ASSHOLES GETTING AWAY WITH WHAT THEY DID... I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THEY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME...

Civil suit, get an attorney, let the attorney's legal investigator do the legwork. (This was already suggested three or four pages ago.)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
July 28th, 2012 at 6:13:31 PM permalink

Civil suit, get an attorney, let the attorney's legal investigator do the legwork. (This was already suggested three or four pages ago.)

I highly doubt any attorney would take this mess of a case for a contingency, even if a third, and even if all $8000 was recoverable. The amount of work needed to succeed is far greater than the possible $2500 an attorney's fee would eventually be.
heather
heather
July 28th, 2012 at 6:15:18 PM permalink
She said she didn't care about the money any more, just wanted to see blood. I figured she'd be paying a retainer.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
July 28th, 2012 at 9:36:28 PM permalink

She said she didn't care about the money any more, just wanted to see blood. I figured she'd be paying a retainer.

Nah. The drunk bruised girl will not be paying any retainers....
WongBo
WongBo
July 28th, 2012 at 9:47:29 PM permalink
prediction: does not pass go, does not collect $200/$8,000...
goes vigilante and i end up reading about it in the vegas sun.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
July 28th, 2012 at 9:50:25 PM permalink

She can represent herself pro se, as most people do in small claims cases and some people do even in a County Court. The main thing she has to do is file the complaint, and then acquire a subpoena duces tecum for the camera records. She can subpoena both Gaming and the 7-11 store to provide her with the surveillance records. If she is on camera hitting the jackpot, I really don't see how she can lose. The only real question I have is who her lawsuit is against...It's definitely not gaming because the venue of Small Claims would lack jurisdiction...and she'd lose anyway.

The lawsuit is clearly against either her friend or 7-11, the Judge might rule a split claim against both entities. She'll have to pierce the corporate veil, if there is one, to determine the exact entity that owns that 7-11 franchise, as 7-11 is probably not contractually responsible for something like this. That would be in the franchise agreement, one would think.

Either way, the video proves the case, and the Judge can sort out the liability percentages. They usually do in Small Claims, anyway.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
July 28th, 2012 at 10:14:24 PM permalink
http://www.clarkcountycourts.us/lvjc/small-claims.html

There's some information on the Small Claims Court if you are in Clark County.

The limit for a Small Claims case is $7,500, but that does not preclude you from filing, you can simply ask for only $7,500 though you are entitled to more. However, you can also choose to represent yourself in County Court, and proceed for the full $8,000 and whatever punitive damages you think may be applicable, but I'm going to leave it up to you if/what punitive damages are applicable.

The filing fee is $146.00, but that gets assessed to the losing party at the end. In other words, if you have to pay to file the suit and other things associated with the case, the Judge will ultimately award you those costs if you win and it will get added to the amount the other party(ies) has to pay you.

If you cannot afford the $146, then you may wish to file an Application to Proceed in Forma Pauperis, which is a cute Latin way of saying you can't afford the $146. In Ohio that would be called an, "Affidavit of Indigency," as I may have mentioned earlier. If the Judge rejects your request, you have two days to pay the $146, or the case is dropped, so keep that in mind. If you have the equivalent of Ohio's Civ.R41(A), then you can actually re-file the case once in a calendar year, but I have no idea whether Nevada has a similar Rule of Civil Procedure, so have access to the $146 at the ready just in case.

Again, it's very common for a party to appear pro se in a small claims case, most of them do.

***I'm not an attorney, blah blah blah, see disclaimer from earlier.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
July 28th, 2012 at 10:45:17 PM permalink
The 7-11 in question states that an individual not having his/her identification at the time of winning the jackpot would not void the jackpot.

The 7-11 further states that the proper procedure for handling a jackpot for which the individual in question does not have his/her identification is to still collect the individual's personal information (including such things as address and phone number) which would later have to be backed up with identification.

I believe there is no further reason to question that GirlInVegas, at a minimum, believes she hit this jackpot. The letter to the gaming commission supports this assertion, so...and this is strictly my opinion...her integrity should no longer be questioned in this regard.

Possibilities:

1.) GirlInVegas believes that she hit a jackpot that was actually hit by someone else. It seems that she may have been slipped something, one way or another, she admits intoxication, so her memory could be foggy.

2.) GirlInVegas hit the jackpot, but somehow one of her friends (or someone else) filled out the appropriate claim form and went in with his/her own I.D. and made the claim that 7-11 had no reason to believe was invalid. This would probably (at a guess) absolve 7-11 of any liability, and make the friend solely liable for fraud.

3.) GirlInVegas hit the jackpot and did not have her I.D., 7-11 SERIOUSLY breached the procedure and did not fill out the claim form, paid the jackpot to someone else who did present I.D. I would suggest that you would have two liable parties in this event.

4.) GirlInVegas did not hit the jackpot, but the rest of the story is correct. She was playing one quarter, not ten, and had the stated hit, except it was for $800 as opposed to $8,000. The money is either stolen or missing.

5.) GirlInVegas hit the jackpot, had her I.D. (but thinks she didn't) and was robbed.

Can anyone think of any others?
Mission146
Mission146
July 28th, 2012 at 10:46:51 PM permalink
I just remembered, last thing I have to say on this for the night, they'd have to keep a record of who they paid the jackpots out to. You could file another subpoena duces tecum demanding that record after you have filed your lawsuit. If your friend got paid a jackpot on that date, you'd still probably need the surveillance footage, but that would just about do it.
WongBo
WongBo
July 28th, 2012 at 10:49:53 PM permalink
why would a gaming agent AND HIS SUPERVISOR risk their careers
by stating in an official communication that surveillance was reviewed and she did not hit the jackpot?

obviously the next step is to accept their offer (by AUGUST 14)
of a hearing at the office of the hearing examiner.

prediction: they provide proof that IT DIDNT HAPPEN.
suggestion: get some new friends
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
July 29th, 2012 at 4:05:13 AM permalink
I tried to read this whole thread (yes, I'm that bored) but I seem to have missed what seems to me to be a sort of important aspect of all this: What are you hoping to accomplish by posting about this here? And why DO YOU KEEP SHOUTING?

I can't see anything that can be done about your problem here. It would seem that you should make your appointment with gaming for your appeal (or whatever it was called) and go get some resolution. Optionally, take an attorney familiar with gaming law.

There are a few additional avenues of recourse but if you can't get any joy from the gaming folks I doubt the others would prove fruitful (as the gaming documents/conclusions would likely be used against you in said further actions). So, it's not like you have a cornucopia of options here to cause confusion or hesitation, there's 1 clear path - take it.

And of course, let us know how it turned out.
rxwine
rxwine
July 29th, 2012 at 5:22:22 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Can anyone think of any others?

She had visited two different 7-11s, during the same range of time and actually won at the other one, not the one she''s thinking.

Well, they all are similar, and the area she's in I believe has other 7-11s not too far away.

And she was DRUNK. So, being confused is not too hard when things look the same inside the store.
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
July 29th, 2012 at 6:07:32 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

She had visited two different 7-11s, during the same range of time and actually won at the other one, not the one she''s thinking.

Well, they all are similar, and the area she's in I believe has other 7-11s not too far away.

And she was DRUNK. So, being confused is not too hard when things look the same inside the store.

Very possible, especially since she actually woke up the next morning in a strangers apartment and not knowing how she got there. I wonder if the male or female(s) in this strange apartment actually know her "friends".

Yes, i was extremely intoxicated, i'm not used to drinking really... there is so much more to the story.. my "friends" set me up completely, i woke up in a strange apartment to a story that i showed up at the door saying i'd been robbed..!

girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 29th, 2012 at 4:56:00 PM permalink
im getting really sick of the nasty comments about me.... if you met me in person, you would not refer to or see me as " the drunk bruised girl"... and i just may have money for a retainer thank you very much... i was a victim here.... i'm a very nice person , probably too nice , who would never do anything like this to anybody ever, wouldnt even cross my mind... i happen to be single , therefore dont have a man to "have my back" so to speak and this opens up doors for people to take advantage and walk all over me.... drunk bruised girl.... this is starting to piss me off...
girlinvegas
girlinvegas
July 29th, 2012 at 4:58:32 PM permalink
the "strangers" apartment was actually an apartment of acquaintences.... my mistake... i woke up in a strange room i'd never been in and didnt know where i was for a moment, then someone came in that i knew casually and told me i'd shown up at the door the night before saying i was robbed.... they DID take me there, its the only way i could have made it there in the condition i was in.. it was all a well thought out plan, they just never thought id put it all together...... drunk bruised girl.... wow.. you have no idea about me really...
  • Jump to: