19 votes (63.33%)
9 votes (30%)

30 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1310
May 1st, 2020 at 6:40:08 AM permalink
Rob made contact with me and we're early in the process about discussing an interview.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 9
May 1st, 2020 at 9:29:24 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Rob made contact with me and we're early in the process about discussing an interview.

If you're going to livestream it, you might want to consider vetoing Hawaiian shirts. Rough on the eyes.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 2
Thanks for this post from:
CalderJohnzimbo
May 1st, 2020 at 10:49:01 AM permalink

I don't see the point. "So all that other stuff I said was a lie. But now I'm going to tell the truth. Honestly, you can trust me."
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 165
rawtuff
May 1st, 2020 at 10:50:49 AM permalink

Why would you give an admitted con man, liar, and thief a forum?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 206
heatmap
May 1st, 2020 at 11:05:58 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
redietz
redietz
May 1st, 2020 at 11:19:50 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

It's May 1st. We gotta open up the forum economy. LOL. Bill's question was a great set-up, but all of my best sarcastic answers had political references, so I had to stifle them.

Honestly, part of me is all for it, as it should be a hoot. But I have to admit, I never really asked the question bill asked above. It stopped me in my tracks. I'm a little dumbfounded that I never thought to ask it. I'm usually at least trying to think about the public good and all that.

It puts Wizard in the position of trying to thread a needle here. If "Singer" is convincing vis-à-vis the glitch, then you have to hope that the forum audience is mathematically sophisticated enough to not buy into the "systems" stuff. Or maybe "Singer" will come completely clean about the "systems" being hooey. It's possible. That would, in fact, be his overall most convincing route.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 87
May 1st, 2020 at 11:44:22 AM permalink
Once and for all... ask him for proof and don't accept explanations about why there is no proof.

Singer claims he discovered the double up bug FIVE YEARS before Nestor and Kane and Singer says he profited $2.8-million from the bug.

He is yet to show any proof. He says he had the formula to trigger the bug but who has confirmed it? I mean actually confirmed it.

Look... if I said Singer left out "tapping on the screen three times" you wouldn't know if Singer's formula is correct or if my formula is correct.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 87
May 3rd, 2020 at 7:48:35 AM permalink
Any update on the interview and will he finally present proof of his claims?
redietz
redietz
Johnzimbo
May 3rd, 2020 at 10:53:56 AM permalink
Now, Alan, you know that storage locker in Arizona is probably loaded with virus.
redietz
redietz
May 3rd, 2020 at 11:15:26 AM permalink
I just looked over at VCT, and of course there is the classic post by "Singer" that highlights the problem with giving him any pulpit. Check out Post #380 in the "Alan Mendelson is Going for the Jugular" thread, where he discusses the wife and son of a successful AP video poker player who went by the handle of Arcimede$.

This is the kind of stuff that has made "Singer" more well known than his Rube Goldberg systems. He was canned from his Gaming Today column when he famously commented on the death of a well known, published AP by saying "eat dirt." That was because the AP had explained that "Singer's" systems were voodoo.

I was trained in journalism and interviewing, and the questions you have to address are something like -- If the person behaves one way in 15,000 posts and in most interactions, and that is the persona experienced by tens of thousands of his readers, then if I do an interview and his presentation is completely different, but I have spent a couple of hours or days with the person, am I doing a disservice to MY readers by only presenting that which I've experienced for those couple of hours/days?

In math terms, am I getting enough of a sample that I'm comfortable presenting this "slice" of the person I'm interviewing? My readers may presume that slice is the whole pie. Do I ask about the bad stuff that's gone on with others, or does that blow the interview?

I have no answers. But I do take the 15,000 posts here and there, and public "eat dirt" as more of a sample than anything I'd garner in a couple of hours or days.

And, in fact, Alan, who has spent a lifetime in high profile journalism, is best suited to discuss these questions and problems with "Singer." I think Alan gave too much weight to his couple of hours/days with "Singer," even though those were spread over years.

• Jump to: