Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
September 12th, 2021 at 8:16:15 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

The AP flight from WOV definitely had an impact. Sad.

• link to original post

I guess, but I don't really care that much. I don't understand why they wouldn't participate just to play the game. You don't even have to post anything in order to play the game.
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    • Threads: 50
    September 12th, 2021 at 8:50:16 AM permalink
    Survey of Week 1 Picks: (Good luck, all!)

Chiefs and Packers were picked to beat the point spread most often: 7 times. Chiefs were confidence pick twice, Packers once.

Browns, Giants, Titans and Vikes were never picked ATS.

Most Picked Games for ATS picks:
    49ers ( 6 + 1) vs Lions( 4 + 0)
    Packers (7 + 1) vs Saints (3 + 0)

Soopoo had boldest pick - Falcons were his Confidence Pick, no one else picked the Falcons.

I won the Wimp Award: My five picks (49ers, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers,Redskins) were also the 5 most popular picks. My confidence pick was the only team, Chiefs, with two confidence picks. No cajones.

Johnzimbo's picks were all overs or unders.

Edit: "Major errors in the following statement" See MIssion's post below.

FastEddie and I were the only two to pick all favorites. Mission and Wizard were the only two to pick all dogs.
    Last edited by: gordonm888 on Sep 12, 2021
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
    Mission146
    Mission146
    September 12th, 2021 at 9:07:54 AM permalink
    Not me. I've got the Chiefs and the Ravens---both favorites.

Also, FastEddie picked all dogs. + means they are the Underdog.

Wizard also picked the Jaguars, who are a favorite...
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
    Mission146
    Mission146
    September 12th, 2021 at 9:38:43 AM permalink
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Greetings!

Due to some controversy that I am not going to get into at this time, I would like to make the following Announcement:

1.) Any Picks Games that anyone else wishes to bankroll are to take place completely separately and without me Administrating them in any way whatsoever.

2.) Any side bets or (additional) prizes relating to what occurs in this game may be discussed in this thread, but will NOT be Administrated by me whatsoever.

3.) Any side bets or prizes that would involve any scoring outside of what I would normally do in the context of this game will NOT be Administrated by me whatsoever.

4.) Any separate contests that anyone would wish to bankroll should NOT be mentioned in this thread and should instead have a separate thread created.

5.) In short, I will have nothing to do with any other prizes or contests that anyone else wishes to do.

PLAYOFF PICKS GAME:

1.) I MAY choose to administer a Playoff Picks Game this year. I do not believe that I did one in 2018 (there was a NCAAF Bowl Contest and a Super Bowl Props Contest already going on that year) and while I did Administrate the 2019 Playoff Picks Game; I did not contribute the prizes.

2.) I will make a decision in the middle of the season (around Week 10) whether or not I wish to conduct a Playoff Picks Game. If I decide to do so, at a minimum, everyone playing this game will have to express their intent to participate.

-One thing that frustrated me about past Playoff Picks Games is that the number of participants generally dropped, even though that game had no Entry Fee.

3.) One or two of the Perfection Bonuses from the 2019 WoV NFL Picks Game had the winners request that I use it to seed the 2020 March Madness Game, which didn't happen because March Madness was cancelled.

-Those funds (which weren't much in total) I will figure out and partially use to seed a 2022 March Madness Picks Game. I apologize for not using these for a 2021 March Madness Game, but to be honest, I'd completely forgotten about it by then.

-There were also two perfection bonuses from 2019 (DJATC and BeachBumBabs) that I can't find any record of ever having been claimed. I'd even sent some PM's titled, "I Would Like to Pay You Please," at that time. It was at that time that a few people asked me to add it to March Madness 2020---but that tournament did not end up happening.

-Anyway, we will do a March Madness 2022 contest and I will figure out and dispose of any related funds from 2019 Playoff Perfection Bonuses at that time. I think it's like $30-$40 in total***, but I will also be adding other prizes.

***Kuma won $10 in Perfection Bonus that he asked to be added to 2020 March Madness Free Roll. That tournament did not happen, but that money will be used to partially seed 2022 March Madness Free Roll and he will be given credit. DJATC ($6.67) and BeachBumBabs ($10) did not claim their Perfection Bonuses, so those will be added to 2022 March Madness with credit given them, unless they contact me and ask me to do something else with it.
    Last edited by: Mission146 on Sep 12, 2021
    unJon
    unJon 
    • Threads: 14
    September 12th, 2021 at 10:19:00 AM permalink
    If we get 30 or more players (so 8 signups for week 2), I will add a $100 side prize TBD, with at least $50 of the prize guaranteed to be won by a player that signs up in the next week and didnít play week 1.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
    Mission146
    Mission146
    September 12th, 2021 at 10:21:34 AM permalink

If we get more than 30 players (so 8 signups for week 2), I will add a $100 side prize TBD, with at least $50 of the prize guaranteed to be won by a player that signs up in the next week and didnít play week 1.

• link to original post

That's a generous contribution in that not only is it straight cash, but also dilutes the value of your current entry!
    unJon
    unJon 
    September 12th, 2021 at 10:22:23 AM permalink
    Quote: Mission146

If we get more than 30 players (so 8 signups for week 2), I will add a $100 side prize TBD, with at least $50 of the prize guaranteed to be won by a player that signs up in the next week and didnít play week 1.

• link to original post

That's a generous contribution in that not only is it straight cash, but also dilutes the value of your current entry!
  • link to original post

Yup but more fun with more players.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    September 12th, 2021 at 2:58:12 PM permalink
    WOV contestants were 35-25 in the early games; late games may have more bad surprises.
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
    unJon
    unJon 
    September 12th, 2021 at 3:19:20 PM permalink
    Quote: gordonm888

WOV contestants were 35-25 in the early games; late games may have more bad surprises.

• link to original post

Or just worse pickers. My 5-0 picks this week were all early games. ;-)
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    September 12th, 2021 at 4:51:01 PM permalink

Quote: gordonm888

• link to original post

Or just worse pickers. My 5-0 picks this week were all early games. ;-)
  • link to original post

Great start, UnJon. Though the 35-25 I quoted was against the spread and did not include O/U picks, so you only contributed 1-0 to that early ATS record.

I believe the contestants are 46-44 ATS after the late afternoon games. Again. that does not include O/U picks - someone else is welcome to add those to this tally.

• Jump to: