terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
June 1st, 2019 at 12:12:06 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I don't know any conservatives who hate gays. You're full of it.

Maybe hate is a bit strong
But
Why are so many against gay marraige?
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 109
Thanks for this post from:
RS
June 1st, 2019 at 2:10:55 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Why are so many against gay marraige?

Because many believe that it is against the plan their God has set forth. That it is a sin. Just like they will be against other sins like murder and adultery. You may not believe that it is a sin (homosexuality), but you must be aware that Christianity and Islam do.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 1st, 2019 at 2:52:20 PM permalink
Annnnnnyway, let's discuss this as a horse race and try to keep the politarding to other threads.

I think it's safe to say that, in general, Dems would be more comfortable with a gay prez and a first man than Reps.

The most anti gay reps would never vote Dem anyway. So I don't think he'd be hurt much in the middle.

But it's not quite that simple. E g. Blacks are obviously hard core dems. However, they are more anti gay than the general population.

This could create a problem for the mayor.

I think that Bernie being a Jew, or at least non-christan really hurt him there too.

I don't think he'll get the nom. Maybe in a few years. We know that young people are overwhelmingly gay friendly across demographics so the longer he waits the less of an issue it will be
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
June 1st, 2019 at 3:52:37 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Because many believe that it is against the plan their God has set forth. That it is a sin. Just like they will be against other sins like murder and adultery. You may not believe that it is a sin (homosexuality), but you must be aware that Christianity and Islam do.

That's right. We don't hate them. They're going to Hell anyway so they got enough to worry about without us conservatives hating on them. But I don't mind them at all, I just try to stay several yards away from them in case of any sudden lightning bolts.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
June 1st, 2019 at 3:57:34 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Maybe hate is a bit strong

No, you said it right the first time, this is how you liberals think. Us republicans hate everything. The elderly, the minorities, women, the handicapped, puppies, we hate it all. You got it all figured out.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.

• Jump to: