vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 13
May 4th, 2019 at 4:24:06 PM permalink
Favourite gets disqualified and 65-1 shot gets the win
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
May 4th, 2019 at 5:53:28 PM permalink
We watched. We don't claim to be experts, but we really disagreed with that decision.

We were especially disappointed that the stewards didn't (or it wasn't televised) discuss why they had an issue. We could see that yes, ME widened out. The horse behind him checked up a little. But that horse also (supposedly) wouldn't have finished any differently if ME hadn't widened out.

It just seemed chicken!#/t not to give an on-camera ruling. I'm not positive, but I think it was such a bad decision the entire stands booed throughout the winner's presentation.

Anybody have a guess on how much money changed hands with the DQ? I'm totally swagging at 250million.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 89
May 4th, 2019 at 6:04:18 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

We watched. We don't claim to be experts, but we really disagreed with that decision.

We were especially disappointed that the stewards didn't (or it wasn't televised) discuss why they had an issue. We could see that yes, ME widened out. The horse behind him checked up a little. But that horse also (supposedly) wouldn't have finished any differently if ME hadn't widened out.

It just seemed chicken!#/t not to give an on-camera ruling. I'm not positive, but I think it was such a bad decision the entire stands booed throughout the winner's presentation.

Anybody have a guess on how much money changed hands with the DQ? I'm totally swagging at 250million.

I didnt want it live. Did they cut away from the coverage before it was decided?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 87
May 4th, 2019 at 6:10:11 PM permalink
Youtube is great.

Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
May 4th, 2019 at 6:25:33 PM permalink
very unfortunate for the 7.....he was much the best.
get second you pig
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 85
May 4th, 2019 at 8:04:54 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I didnt want it live. Did they cut away from the coverage before it was decided?

On the contrary - they started the Stanley Cup game coverage on NBCSN because they had to delay the trophy presentation until the decision was made. It's just that none of the stewards was interviewed on the air about the decision, although I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of policy that the stewards don't discuss decisions in public, which would be similar to a policy where figure skating judges are instructed not to talk to any media.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 49
May 4th, 2019 at 8:07:38 PM permalink
I wonder how many people bet on Titicus and tore up their tickets when he finished out of the money-- only to have him bumped up from 4th to being the show horse....and thier winning tickets destroyed :-)
The best things in life are not free.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
May 4th, 2019 at 8:56:58 PM permalink
I consider myself an expert and I believe it was the absolute right call.

(A call that cost me around $200)

He shifted out right into War of Willís path as War of Will was making his move to take the lead. It absolutely cost him a placing.

If Maximum Security stays straight, Iím not sure who wins the race. Code of Honor, Max, Country House, War of Will, maybe even Improbable.

I get that people are upset, because Country House didnít deserve to win. But neither did Maximum Security, who almost caused a disaster of epic proportions.

Sometimes there is no right answer.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
May 4th, 2019 at 9:05:02 PM permalink
I think he wins anyway but he had to come down.....the 1 and the 18 almost went down.
get second you pig
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 144
May 5th, 2019 at 2:03:55 AM permalink
this is, I think, a pic of right when it happened
War of Will is getting squeezed

the interesting thing to me is that it looks like Country House also fouled War of Will - he's definitely leaning in towards him and it definitely looks like he brushed him

I'd like to hear some comments on that

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵. 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺

• Jump to: