billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 155
May 5th, 2019 at 2:56:32 AM permalink
I always thought the lead horse could take whichever path he wanted.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 148
May 5th, 2019 at 3:11:57 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I always thought the lead horse could take whichever path he wanted.

no, you can't cut a horse off like an aggressive car driver in a bottleneck and if in doing this you brush or bump the horse you're cutting off it's worse in terms of the likelihood of being disqualified
it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters........................it's the size of the fight in the dog
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 15
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
May 5th, 2019 at 3:38:10 AM permalink
I was really surprised they took the favourite down. I am not saying it was the wrong call but a gutsy one. So much money bet on that race and to take down the fav....was just gutsy.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 176
May 5th, 2019 at 4:24:05 AM permalink
Saez had been suspended for five races just last fall for this very same act. That kind of makes his post race comments sound like early damage control; he knew exactly what happened.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/44838-several-jockeys-fined-suspended-for-careless-riding
NO KILL I
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 101
Thanks for this post from:
FinsRule
May 5th, 2019 at 5:02:21 AM permalink
It was an OBVIOUS foul by MS. No way they can let him stand as the winner. The problem is the two or three horses he fouled did not cross the line second. So the horses fouled get one meaningless place up the ranking, while a horse not fouled wins. Someone else just said no good answer to this kind of problem.

The trainer of the ‘winner’, who I thought was pretty classy, did say if this was an average race at an average track MS gets dq’d every time with no controversy. I agree.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 5th, 2019 at 6:23:49 AM permalink
I'm hoping Max, who might be a great horse, and his jock win some big upcoming races.

it seems like they've got karma on their side

Flavien Prat's objection when his horse wasn't even bothered by the incident might be the most brilliant thing any jockey has ever done throughout history
Last edited by: lilredrooster on May 5, 2019
it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters........................it's the size of the fight in the dog
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
May 5th, 2019 at 6:43:45 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

this is, I think, a pic of right when it happened
War of Will is getting squeezed

the interesting thing to me is that it looks like Country House also fouled War of Will - he's definitely leaning in towards him and it definitely looks like he brushed him

I'd like to hear some comments on that

If I recall correctly, the horse with the jockey in the black helmet was bumped into Country House, the outside horse by the DQ'ed horse with the pink jockey helmet. I could go look but actually sick of watching the replays.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 5th, 2019 at 6:57:19 AM permalink
take a look at this screenshot I took from the YT vid.
it definitely looks like Country House is aggressively veering way inside which had to impede War of Will

I'm posting too much. sorry guys. this will be my last post on the subject
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
May 5th, 2019 at 7:24:01 AM permalink
I don’t know how to post pics, but there’s some pictures that show Maximum Security stepping on War of Will.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
May 5th, 2019 at 7:33:40 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I don’t know how to post pics, but there’s some pictures that show Maximum Security stepping on War of Will.

You have to use a 3rd party hosting site. Are the pics linked on the internet?

• Jump to: