DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
January 29th, 2019 at 11:20:51 PM permalink
I'm very interested in both of them. In case Baffert ever misplaces his chemistry set one of these days.

War of Will: 8.4f
Hidden Scroll 7.4f

Mott Taking Wait-and-See Approach With Hidden Scroll (1/27):

Quote: Bill Finley - Thoroughbred Daily News

...<SNIP>...

His running time for the one-mile race run in the slop was 1:34.82. Five races later, older horses covered the same distance in 1:36.22 in the GIII Fred W. Hooper S.

Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 13
January 30th, 2019 at 3:51:22 PM permalink
Thanks for those DD. Baffert did lose the Sham with Coliseum but he still has a strong string with the likes of Improbable and Game Winner. The pps are up for the 3 preps this weekend. As in the past, you click the trainer link and then select the Ultimate PP's for the race you are interested in.

Withers/Holy Bull - Moretti/Federal Case
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/public/ToddPletcher/PLETCHER+TODD+A/9999/summary.html
Robert Lewis - Mucho Gusto
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/Baffert/BAFFERT_BOB/9999/summary.htm

Withers - No opinion
Holy Bull - I am pulling for Epic Dreamer to bounce back. Lots of speed horses and a number of closers to choose from. Looks like a good betting race.
Robert Lewis - Mucho Gusto may be difficult to pass in this one. If he runs big it will certainly flatter Improbable.
GLTA
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
January 30th, 2019 at 7:08:20 PM permalink
This Saturday marks my official start of paying attention to triple crown season.

I pretty much take some time off after Breeders Cup. Itís probably healthy to have an off season.

Iíve watched some races, but Iíll really start digging in Saturday.

Next week is pool 2 of KY Derby futures, so Iíll watch this weekend and study up on a bunch next week in time to make some futures bets.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 145
January 31st, 2019 at 10:23:48 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

I'm very interested in both of them. In case Baffert ever misplaces his chemistry set one of these days.

Hidden Scroll 7.4f

Equibase, who probably doesn't have the most useful speed figures, but still, gave Hidden Scroll a very high 115 for his first race. his split times were really quick.

that's higher than they ever gave Justify and equal to or greater than the last 3 races of the 2nd choice for Horse of the Year, Accelerate, a 5 year old.

very impressive - but was it because he loves the slop and got loose on the lead, or is he the real deal?

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏' 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏' 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅
𝘈𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯 - 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
February 1st, 2019 at 3:58:00 PM permalink
For those who don't get the full time racing channels or just prefer another format besides TVG or streaming through an ADW wagering platform:

FOX/NYRA TV SCHEDULE LINK
Keeneone
Keeneone
February 8th, 2019 at 6:59:40 PM permalink
Withers - Tax won.
Holy Bull - Harvey Wallbanger won.
Robert Lewis - Mucho Gusto won.

Sam F Davis @ Tampa Downs is tomorrow. Some big Stables sending out their Derby hopefuls. Looks like an interesting event.
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/public/Darley/GODOLPHIN/9999/summary.html

Kentucky Derby Pool 2 is open now and closes Sunday:
https://www.kentuckyderby.com/wager/future-wager/derby-pool-2
Interestingly, Coliseum is listed in the pool but is entered to run in the San Vicente (G2) @ 7 Furlongs @ Santa Anita this Sunday (no Derby points for this race).
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
February 10th, 2019 at 1:41:56 PM permalink
Added to DrawingDead Virtual Stables, Inc:
  • Global Campaign, AWD 7.8f
  • Hidden Scroll, AWD 7.5f
  • War of Will, 8.4f

At about 2 hrs before closing the Pool #2 straight win price on Bill Mott's not so Hidden colt is looking completely sucky, bet down to mid/high single digits & offering no value at all for any wager this far out from the event, IMO. But I did it anyway, because I wanna. On the other hand, in my view the exacta combinations I'm most interested in that involve him are still at more than fair value.

By the way, my calculation of the AWD of Hidden Scroll's pedigree has moved up a bit, by 0.1f from what I posted earlier in this thread, with recent additional data from the weighted performance of the progeny of his daddy (x2) & maternal grandpa (x1).
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
February 10th, 2019 at 3:33:03 PM permalink
I like War of Will a lot. Game Winner and Improbable too.

My big bets were on all others and Game Winner with all others.

Hidden Scroll was on slop. No reason for me to get too excited yet.
Keeneone
Keeneone
February 10th, 2019 at 3:39:17 PM permalink
Pool #2 is now closed. I bet a little on the exacta this pool. Tacitus might have been worth a look @ 90/1+. He has yet to race as a 3 yo. Mott was quoted as saying he thought Tacitus was his "Derby " horse in the past, and then Hidden Scroll runs a monster race in his debut...
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
February 15th, 2019 at 1:13:01 AM permalink
Equibase PPs for the Risen Star Stks, an 8.5 furlong $400k Grade II at Fairgrounds in New Orleans, with War of Will hung out wide in post #14. This EQB "Race of the Week" pdf file is free w/ no account login:

http://www.equibase.com/content/rotw/fullpp.pdf

• Jump to: