Thread Rating:

rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
August 6th, 2018 at 12:11:38 PM permalink
I don't care about the money, do whatever is necessary to make it easy and happen.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1332
Romes
August 6th, 2018 at 12:57:26 PM permalink
I'm in. It is an even-numbered year, so I'm sure to win.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
Romes
August 6th, 2018 at 1:11:56 PM permalink
I am in and will be the clear favorite for the you suck prize
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 6th, 2018 at 1:29:34 PM permalink
I like the idea of paying upfront especially when there are 30 people involved. However, with some of the sites the names are shown and some people dont like that.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
August 6th, 2018 at 1:54:01 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I like the idea of paying upfront especially when there are 30 people involved. However, with some of the sites the names are shown and some people dont like that.

I would vote to pay up front. Maybe if there is name sensitivity for some, then some volunteer (Wizard or Mission?) could receive funds from those people and put them on the fund holding site.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
JohnnyQ
August 6th, 2018 at 3:24:02 PM permalink
I'm in...and I would have a lifetime winning % of 86.3 except that some weeks I try to pick losers :)
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
August 6th, 2018 at 4:49:05 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I think that I'm going to do the flat entry fee again, but we're going to go back to the honor system. I think it was a condition of WoN's donation that I collect the entry fees prior to the start of the contest, but I could be wrong about that. Either way, there's really no good reason I should need to hold everybody's money for seventeen weeks. It's honestly more of a PITA for me than anything else, because half of it is in the form of Amazon Gift Cards. I thought only a little of it would be. I really don't need that many Amazon Gift Cards...lol

I agree to a flat fee.
20 bucks. I think thats whats its always been?
Open to everyone.
Honor system for anybody that has participated b4
New players, i think its a good idea if Mission or somebody else trustworthy hold.

By the way I am in of course.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
August 6th, 2018 at 5:06:30 PM permalink
I am a maybe on joining, waiting on dust to settle. Yall want me to join though...dead money.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Mission146
Mission146 
  • Threads: 123
August 6th, 2018 at 5:22:57 PM permalink
It's always a plus when the game gets interest before I even have to do anything!

Plenty of posts to answer, so here we go:

-The entry fee is going to be $25 again.

-All players must have a join date on or prior to July 1st, 2018.

-I'm going to do $75 for the, "Most Average," prize and $75 for the, "You Suck," prize. However, each player to win one of those prizes will get $50 and the remaining $25 ($50 total) will be used to pay what they owe the winner.

-If I am the, "Winner," then the, "Most Average," and, "You Suck," players get $50 each and all other winnings go to whoever comes in second place. I will also be defending the, "Most Average," and, "You Suck," prizes. Essentially, my taking any one of those three spots just saves me $50.

-I'm really more inclined to go with the honor system than paying anything for any service. Paying for a service is just EV down the toilet for everybody.

-Thanks for the stats, MidWestAP! I was thinking about compiling that and you beat me to it!

-I really think we could go honor system. This was always meant as a fun little game. I don't even think anyone bet anyone else the first year, I think I just gave $50 to whoever won.

Tentative List of Players:
1.) Terapined
2.) Mission146
3.) AyeCarumba
4.) MidwestAP
5.) UnJon
6.) Romes
7.) Rainman
8.) Wizard
9.) TroopScott
10.) GWAE
11.) JohnZimbo