July 17th, 2019 at 3:16:17 AM permalink
LBJ's son Bronny, age 14 already making waves, drawing crowds - fun to watch

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/sports/lebron-james-jr-bronny.html
Please don't feed the trolls
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 1st, 2019 at 12:47:16 PM permalink
Gawd I wish the search function worked. Took me 15 min to find this thread.

Real baseball fight. Not the pansy pushing matches

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/reds-pirates-brawl-breaking-down-the-very-entertaining-bizarre-fight-starring-yasiel-puig-and-amir-garrett/amp/

Not sure why sports are allowed to act this way. Shouldn't the on field security and police been involved? If this happened at Walmart between employees they would all.be arrested. The reds pitcher should be arrested for battery.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 1st, 2019 at 1:03:05 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

The reds pitcher should be arrested for battery.

Spoken like someone with a Pittsburgh bias.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
August 1st, 2019 at 1:53:11 PM permalink

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/reds-pirates-brawl-breaking-down-the-very-entertaining-bizarre-fight-starring-yasiel-puig-and-amir-garrett/amp/

Not sure why sports are allowed to act this way. Shouldn't the on field security and police been involved? If this happened at Walmart between employees they would all.be arrested. The reds pitcher should be arrested for battery.

How much chalk did you lay on the Reds in that game?
GWAE
GWAE
August 1st, 2019 at 2:05:19 PM permalink
I must be in a bad mood because those comments rubbed me the wrong way. Going to take a break from forum for the day.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 25th, 2019 at 2:28:50 AM permalink
Andrew Luck retires because of injuries - he's only 29
I don't blame him
it can't be much fun getting blindsided by 350 pound guys who can run pretty fast

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/24/sports/andrew-luck-retires-colts.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 25th, 2019 at 4:19:12 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I don't blame him
it can't be much fun getting blindsided by 350 pound guys who can run pretty fast

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/24/sports/andrew-luck-retires-colts.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

Odd time and way to retire. Figure he was thinking hold out until age 30 or some similar goal. But took a few more hits and said, "enough of this!" and called it quits.

Reminds me of when Barry Foster tried a comeback. He lasted 2 days, didn't even cash his signing bonus check, just slid it across the desk of the owner and said, "sorry."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 5:29:45 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I don't blame him

That's crazy. Not even like they are head injuries
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 25th, 2019 at 5:53:55 AM permalink
Supposedly costs him 21 million this year. If he didn't play because he was injured he'd get that money. He must have been cleared medically and just decided he didn't want to be pounded any more. Lots of ways to look at it. I may be politically incorrect, but I think he will now be known as a 'quitter', whether fair or not.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 25th, 2019 at 6:29:28 AM permalink

that's a great thought

he should have waited until he got 3 or 4 concussions before retiring - after all - what's the big deal - 8 or 9 more hits to the head
billryan
billryan
August 25th, 2019 at 6:44:42 AM permalink

Imagine the outrage if a Yankee Stadium security guard injured a Red Sox star while breaking up a fight. Keep in mind that a week long suspension will cost him tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 25th, 2019 at 7:34:52 AM permalink

What's crazy would be not acknowledging you're too torn up to do your job. I think you have to walk a mile in his shoes. How many painful operations and rehabs has he been through in 7 years? I don't know offhand, but I'm sure his injury record is in the reports.

I played competitive basketball for 5 years, volleyball for 1, tennis for one and swam for 13. Only the swimming was good for me. By the time I was 40, I could not kneel on the ground because it was like kneeling on knife edges. I ruined my knees jumping and running when i was young. Now I have moderate to severe arthritis in my lower back, again from those jumping compressions. I live in constant pain that interrupts my sleep and stops me from doing some things.

And none of my injuries were exacerbated by huge men pounding me into the turf, twisting my limbs, or smacking me backward off my feet. If your body won't tolerate that repeated punishment, if you have a low pain threshold, or if your injuries don't heal properly, why would you continue to play?

Some guys can tolerate the tackles better than others. More muscled, denser, maybe, or able to instantly relax before impact each time so their tensed muscles don't get torn. Maybe some players heal better than Luck. Maybe even some blame should go to the offensive line that let him get that torn up - I don't know.

But for whatever reason, he's done. So if he's not there mentally, who needs him in the game? Not the Colts.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
August 25th, 2019 at 8:36:17 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Odd time and way to retire. Figure he was thinking hold out until age 30 or some similar goal. But took a few more hits and said, "enough of this!" and called it quits.

Reminds me of when Barry Foster tried a comeback. He lasted 2 days, didn't even cash his signing bonus check, just slid it across the desk of the owner and said, "sorry."

Meanwhile Tom Brady strolls into season number 20, and has only been seriously injured once. Throw in his 40 playoff games and he’s played the equivalent of more like 21 or 22 seasons.
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 8:50:33 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

What's crazy would be not acknowledging you're too torn up to do your job. I think you have to walk a mile in his shoes. How many painful operations and rehabs has he been through in 7 years? I don't know offhand, but I'm sure his injury record is in the reports.

I played competitive basketball for 5 years, volleyball for 1, tennis for one and swam for 13. Only the swimming was good for me. By the time I was 40, I could not kneel on the ground because it was like kneeling on knife edges. I ruined my knees jumping and running when i was young. Now I have moderate to severe arthritis in my lower back, again from those jumping compressions. I live in constant pain that interrupts my sleep and stops me from doing some things.

And none of my injuries were exacerbated by huge men pounding me into the turf, twisting my limbs, or smacking me backward off my feet. If your body won't tolerate that repeated punishment, if you have a low pain threshold, or if your injuries don't heal properly, why would you continue to play?

Some guys can tolerate the tackles better than others. More muscled, denser, maybe, or able to instantly relax before impact each time so their tensed muscles don't get torn. Maybe some players heal better than Luck. Maybe even some blame should go to the offensive line that let him get that torn up - I don't know.

But for whatever reason, he's done. So if he's not there mentally, who needs him in the game? Not the Colts.

Very good points. I guess that it is possible that he knows he is not the same anymore. I am just surprised he didnt play the year and get "hurt" early on to collect the 21 million that he is going to lose.
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 8:53:43 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Imagine the outrage if a Yankee Stadium security guard injured a Red Sox star while breaking up a fight. Keep in mind that a week long suspension will cost him tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

My point was.. and nothing to do with this being against a home town team. Why are teams allowed to fight in a game that is. It designed to do so? In an act like this one it was clearly an attempt to injure someone.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 25th, 2019 at 11:10:55 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Meanwhile Tom Brady strolls into season number 20, and has only been seriously injured once.

Apples and oranges. No one in league history has had the pocket protection he's had.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Face
Administrator
Face
August 25th, 2019 at 11:17:54 AM permalink

Why are teams allowed...

What the hangup? It's specifically DISallowed, based on the numerous suspensions and 5 figure fines. Would you rather he was shot dead?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 25th, 2019 at 12:31:05 PM permalink

google finds it right away - just put in the thread title then wizard of vegas FYI
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 25th, 2019 at 12:51:57 PM permalink

It seems to be a dirty little secret that women/girls shouldn't play sports.

OK, that's the troll version. But in terms of damage to the joints and brain, girls who play soccer wind up about as damaged as boys who play football, if not MORE so. A couple people mentioned to me that they regretted allowing their daughters to play certain sports (soccer and competitive skiing) because it messed up their bodies, so I looked it up.

Sure enough...

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/01/13/girls-soccer-players-not-football-players-at-greatest-risk-for-concussions/

Hopefully, I'm staying in bounds, but I think this is a case where cultural/political trends cause us to do stupid stuff. I'm actually very much in favor of girls playing sports. But it should be done intelligently, based on the real world.

I suspect this information isn't circulated because we are supposed to live in a fantasy land where there is no difference between the genders. Ironically, this exposes women to a good bit of harm.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
August 25th, 2019 at 1:17:55 PM permalink
What about competitive cheerleading? It's considered by some to be the most dangerous sport for females because of the high risk for concussions and catastrophic injuries. Yet, many jurisdictions don't actually classify it as a sport (unlike say gymnastics) and so safety regulations don't apply.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 25th, 2019 at 1:21:54 PM permalink
Make the girls wear helmets while playing soccer. 😂
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
August 25th, 2019 at 1:37:47 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Apples and oranges. No one in league history has had the pocket protection he's had.

Couldn’t really see from that link what you were trying to say. More flags thrown when he gets touched than other qb’s? If not, modern analytics suggest sacks, hurries, hits are more-so quarterback stats than they are offensive line or defensive line stats.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
August 25th, 2019 at 1:48:02 PM permalink

Two guys, playing the same position, in the same league, at the same time, under the same set of QB protective rules. I wouldn’t say apples to oranges.

And Brady played for about ten years prior to Luck coming into the league , and during those years he did not yet have the QB friendly roughing the passer rules, or the strict enforcement of below the knee and above the neck contact.

And as for offensive linemen quality, during Brady’s 20 years of playing he’s had a grand total of 1 O-Lineman who was named All Pro and that was Logan Mankins who earned that honor one year (2010).
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 2:27:07 PM permalink

What the hangup? It's specifically DISallowed, based on the numerous suspensions and 5 figure fines. Would you rather he was shot dead?

I know it is disallowed and fines are given. But why is it allowed legally? My point is, this is employment and if it happened at a normal job there would be arrests.

Asking about shot dead is quite a bit of an exaggeration.
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 2:29:05 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

OK, that's the troll version. But in terms of damage to the joints and brain, girls who play soccer wind up about as damaged as boys who play football, if not MORE so. A couple people mentioned to me that they regretted allowing their daughters to play certain sports (soccer and competitive skiing) because it messed up their bodies, so I looked it up.

Sure enough...

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/01/13/girls-soccer-players-not-football-players-at-greatest-risk-for-concussions/

Hopefully, I'm staying in bounds, but I think this is a case where cultural/political trends cause us to do stupid stuff. I'm actually very much in favor of girls playing sports. But it should be done intelligently, based on the real world.

I suspect this information isn't circulated because we are supposed to live in a fantasy land where there is no difference between the genders. Ironically, this exposes women to a good bit of harm.

In my sons soccer league heading the ball is not allowed. If the ball touches head/face it is a free kick for the other team.
Face
Administrator
Face
August 25th, 2019 at 2:46:31 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Couldn’t really see from that link what you were trying to say.

Being a smartass, pointing out that while every QB in history had 5-7 guys protecting him, bitchmade Brady has had 70+ at all times.
Face
Administrator
Face
August 25th, 2019 at 2:58:16 PM permalink

I know it is disallowed and fines are given. But why is it allowed legally? My point is, this is employment and if it happened at a normal job there would be arrests.

Ah. Well that's because the employer has chosen not to.

There's plenty of examples of legal ramifications for on field activities, McSorely probably being the most infamous. But who in their right mind is going to make it easier to lose a multi million dollar investment?

Hell, I bet McSorely wouldn't have seen more than a penalty box if he was still Gretzky's insurance when he lost his mind. You think a little thing like the American justice system is gonna stop a billionaire from getting what he wants?

Whatever harm acting like an animal causes the owner is much less than the harm of losing that player to punishment. Change that dynamic and you'll never see an argument again.
DRich
DRich
August 25th, 2019 at 2:59:03 PM permalink

In my sons soccer league heading the ball is not allowed. If the ball touches head/face it is a free kick for the other team.

I hope they get participation trophies too. LOL
Face
Administrator
Face
August 25th, 2019 at 3:03:37 PM permalink

What's crazy would be not acknowledging you're too torn up to do your job.

One man's crazy is an entire culture's do it or starve =p
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 4:48:25 PM permalink

Ah. Well that's because the employer has chosen not to.

that is false. Whenever there is a criminal act the employer plays no role in whether the police file charges. Maybe the on field security since they are employees but the on field police can and should take control.
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 4:51:51 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I hope they get participation trophies too. LOL

IMO participation trophies for 3 and 4 year old kids are a good thing. They really do enjoy them and they don't understand winning and losing yet anyways. Sons 5 year old baseball team plays for real trophies and the joy they had from winning the championship this year was non existent. They didn't care or understand. It was more of a thrill for us coaches. No my other sons 7/8 year old team also won the championship and they were really into it and completely understood what was going on. I think around that age is when it does matter so I think organizations have it right. Just my opinion from being a coach for the last 5 years.
Face
Administrator
Face
August 25th, 2019 at 5:11:07 PM permalink

that is false. Whenever there is a criminal act the employer plays no role in whether the police file charges.

You're right, I was thinking more why they never get in trouble.

But near as I can tell, battery requires a victim and it's the victim who presses charges. An assault case isn't a one and done. Who's going to give up starts at 5-6 figures per and fly to Kansas City a couple times to go to court, all because some punk slapped you?

It's much more (insert every positive adjective here) to just take his number. You'll see him again.

Disturbing the peace and whatnot, yeah... you do that and that cop and his chief are never working in that town again.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 25th, 2019 at 5:12:52 PM permalink
Participation trophies probably better than what happens in youth sports a lot of places there isn’t. Youth sports in a lot of places are the most rigged sports there has ever been, forget point shaving scandals or Donaghy. Just crazy sports parents with money effectively buying the best players/championships, forget where the kids actually live within the region or competing for it. Loading ringer teams with players to buy championships for 6 year olds. Sports parents can be psychotic. AAU basketball and little league world series are completely f-cked up.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Aug 25, 2019
billryan
billryan
August 25th, 2019 at 5:48:45 PM permalink

For there to be an arrest, someone has to press charges. Was there a victim? Is that victim willing to come back to town for a grand jury or trial?
Imagine a NY Cop, assigned to protecting the team, the stadium and the peace making an arrest or putting a Yankee in a chokehold during a fight with another player? Do you think such a move might be career suicide?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 6:17:39 PM permalink

For there to be an arrest, someone has to press charges. Was there a victim? Is that victim willing to come back to town for a grand jury or trial?
Imagine a NY Cop, assigned to protecting the team, the stadium and the peace making an arrest or putting a Yankee in a chokehold during a fight with another player? Do you think such a move might be career suicide?

I suppose.. maybe that is why they just let if go. The politics is not worth it to them.

my ignorance is showing as I had no idea there has to be someone to press charges. I thought the police were able to do that on their own especially when they witness it. What about when you watch cops and there is a domestic and they arrest both even though neither one wants it? I have heard where charges were dropped later because the victim won't cooperate.
GWAE
GWAE
August 25th, 2019 at 6:22:01 PM permalink

Participation trophies probably better than what happens in youth sports a lot of places there isn’t. Youth sports in a lot of places are the most rigged sports there has ever been, forget point shaving scandals or Donaghy. Just crazy sports parents with money effectively buying the best players/championships, forget where the kids actually live within the region or competing for it. Loading ringer teams with players to buy championships for 6 year olds. Sports parents can be psychotic. AAU basketball and little league world series are completely f-cked up.

you are not wrong there. We are going to have umps this year at the 8 year old coach pitch level where all 8 teams make the playoffs. It has always been coach makes the calls but last year we had multiple games that lead to some arguments so the league decided to raise the price $8 per kid to pay for the umps. Granted last year in the playoffs one of our umps sucked (they are high school kids) and didnt know the correct call on a play. It involved a person scoring from 3rd on a inning ending 4-6-3 DP. Yes these damn 7 year olds are good enough to turn a double play WTF. The ump counted the run because he scored before the runner at 1st was out. I knew it was wrong and the other team argued. I just sat on the bench and let them hash it out.
billryan
billryan
August 25th, 2019 at 6:49:06 PM permalink
Most jurisdictions have different laws for domestic disturbances that take away most of an Officers discretion. Had this fight occupied in most gin joints, the cops wouldn't have been called.. Customers can't spend money from jail.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 26th, 2019 at 1:40:10 AM permalink

Very good points. I guess that it is possible that he knows he is not the same anymore. I am just surprised he didnt play the year and get "hurt" early on to collect the 21 million that he is going to lose.

pro football is basically an entirely different game then it was in the 80s or 90s

the players keep getting bigger, stronger and faster

it's easier to see in the NBA where so many players are dunking with their head at the height of the rim - during the Oscar Robertson era if there was a dunk for almost all of them they only got their wrist over the rim- now high schoolers are doing unbelievable dunks

in the NFL now there are lots of 300 plus pound monsters who are very quick

they can do a lot of damage - a player can build up his muscle to protect himself - but he can't build up his bone density
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 26th, 2019 at 2:18:20 AM permalink
I always got participation trophies in little league sports stuff, but back then we just called them trophies not participation trophies. I thought it was pretty cool, something I always looked forward to at the end of the year. The last time I got one of those, I was probably 12 or 13?

I also did a lot of BMX racing in middle school, where you only got a trophy if you finished in the top 3. I did win one big ass trophy at the end of one of the seasons because I got first in that race. It was a big feller, too, like bigly yuuuuge. Doubt it's still around, might have to ask my parents if they still have it somewhere (I think there's actually a chance my parents have it in storage).
GWAE
GWAE
August 26th, 2019 at 2:47:30 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I always got participation trophies in little league sports stuff, but back then we just called them trophies not participation trophies. I thought it was pretty cool, something I always looked forward to at the end of the year. The last time I got one of those, I was probably 12 or 13?

I also did a lot of BMX racing in middle school, where you only got a trophy if you finished in the top 3. I did win one big ass trophy at the end of one of the seasons because I got first in that race. It was a big feller, too, like bigly yuuuuge. Doubt it's still around, might have to ask my parents if they still have it somewhere (I think there's actually a chance my parents have it in storage).

You might be surprised what they have still. Just found out last month that my parents still have my 100k baseball cards. I have assumed all these years that they were gone. Haven't gone through them but I know I had tons of bonds and Clemens rookie cards. Doubt they are worth anything though.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 26th, 2019 at 3:17:41 AM permalink

Sure enough...

Meh. I think any generalization of that type is probably overstated at best.

I've had 3 concussions. None were in sport. Same with the broken scapula, and the shattered elbow.

One concussion was while dancing onstage, I was supposed to faint in the arms of the star. He then would toss me to his posse and they would revive me. It was fine in rehearsal, but opening night he let go early and dropped me on my head. Apparently it rang like a melon and could be heard over the orchestra. The posse had to drag me offstage by 2 legs and an arm. I'm told it got a laugh.

Another was pulling a full sheet of 3/4" ply off a high shelf by myself. It came down hard and heavy and I bonked myself.

The third was working an indoor/outdoor bar. At closing the big doors between the porch and inside had to be slammed to catch. I slammed the door and an 80 lb. speaker came off the wall onto my head, took me to the floor.

Only sports injuries I've had while playing were a jammed finger in 10th grade softball (the reason I remember it was, I showed it to the AAD and asked to have it treated, he said, nah, it's just jammed, grabbed it twisted, pulled, and broke it proving it wasn't broken. It's still deformed.)

And I tore my calf muscle playing doubles tennis in a corporation contest in my late 30s. Crutches for 6 weeks.

But I think it's a question of body type, too, including whether male or female, on injury-prone. So to that extent I agree. Women with long limbs and short bodies and not much body fat are better suited to running and jumping. Women with long torsos and broad shoulders (like me) should not do the running/jumping stuff. Bicycle, maybe, certainly swimming, tennis is ok.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 26th, 2019 at 3:30:02 AM permalink

One man's crazy is an entire culture's do it or starve =p

Well, then there's you, Face. You don't know from quit. :)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 26th, 2019 at 3:56:54 AM permalink

. Haven't gone through them but I know I had tons of bonds and Clemens rookie cards. Doubt they are worth anything though.

Rainy morning project: Go thru them and check on Ebay. One never knows.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
August 26th, 2019 at 4:01:15 AM permalink

There’s no rule that you need someone to press charges for there to be an arrest. Especially if it’s all on videotape.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 26th, 2019 at 4:31:34 AM permalink

Sure enough...

I have heard that soccer causes more concussions than football, it might be that the girls are weighing this?

IMHO, part of this is boys grow up learning how to "take a bump" better than girls. Or is it the "mix" you get? Are the more athletic girls just bigger and tougher than the smaller ones than the bigger guys are to the smaller guys? Goes back to taking a bump.

We will probably over generations eliminate all sports with physical contact because "someone might get hurt."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
GWAE
GWAE
August 26th, 2019 at 9:33:54 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I have heard that soccer causes more concussions than football, it might be that the girls are weighing this?

IMHO, part of this is boys grow up learning how to "take a bump" better than girls. Or is it the "mix" you get? Are the more athletic girls just bigger and tougher than the smaller ones than the bigger guys are to the smaller guys? Goes back to taking a bump.

We will probably over generations eliminate all sports with physical contact because "someone might get hurt."

I don't think it has anything to do with the learning how. If anything girls would learn it better since at the young age they actually pay attention opposed to boys who don't even know a coach is talking. My guess would be more on how the brain developed or how the skull is. I wonder if there is a difference there.
billryan
billryan
August 26th, 2019 at 10:13:18 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

There’s no rule that you need someone to press charges for there to be an arrest. Especially if it’s all on videotape.

What's on video? Based on that video, who do you arrest, considering the circumstances. What jury convicts anyone of anything based on that video? I just don't see anything that fines and suspensions can't handle sufficiently.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
August 26th, 2019 at 10:15:34 AM permalink

What's on video? Based on that video, who do you arrest, considering the circumstances. What jury convicts anyone of anything based on that video? I just don't see anything that fines and suspensions can't handle sufficiently.

I was just clearing up the misinformation about needing someone to press charges.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 26th, 2019 at 10:22:52 AM permalink
Remember when Dave Winfield got arrested for hitting a bird throwing a baseball? I’m sure bill does evil empire fan and all that, that was bizarre. I also recall a bird flying into a Randy Johnson fastball that was on the way to the plate and just feathers flying in every direction.
DRich
DRich
August 26th, 2019 at 10:26:59 AM permalink

Remember when Dave Winfield got arrested for hitting a bird throwing a baseball?

I remember that game. I think the incident happened between innings in warmups. As I recall the charges were dropped because it was considered an accident.
  • Jump to: