djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 30th, 2018 at 7:30:47 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Hopefully I will lose that under bet. Go Knights.

Don't be crazy we all want Caps and u5.5
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
May 30th, 2018 at 8:01:02 PM permalink
What did I say? 3-2! The Canadian knows hockey! (Just have to avoid an empty netter)
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 30th, 2018 at 8:49:09 PM permalink
Arggh. Max, let me know how you want it.

I knew I was in deep doo-doo when they were 5 on 3 for a minute-freaking-nine and couldn't convert. What was THAT mess; overconfidence?

Sorry, VGK. I won't be betting again. That was my entire hockey BR. I would have preferred 3-2 the other way.

Hope they can get their act together in DC.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
djatc
djatc
May 30th, 2018 at 9:15:59 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I knew I was in deep doo-doo when they were 5 on 3 for a minute-freaking-nine and couldn't convert. What was THAT mess; overconfidence?

Sorry, VGK. I won't be betting again. That was my entire hockey BR. I would have preferred 3-2 the other way.

Knights were overpriced this game. They will probably continue to be so because it's a Vegas team.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 31st, 2018 at 4:04:43 AM permalink

Bet with your head. Not over it. Total rookie move to blow your br on the first game.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 31st, 2018 at 4:24:04 AM permalink
delete
Last edited by: odiousgambit on May 31, 2018
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
May 31st, 2018 at 4:48:44 AM permalink
I've been betting against Vegas all playoffs long. So I'm down a bunch. I did a parlay before game 7 of NBA playoffs - Capitals and Warriors. If it wins, I think I would break just about even. We will see...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 4th, 2018 at 6:56:04 PM permalink
This was pretty funny.

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
djatc
djatc
June 4th, 2018 at 8:15:30 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Bet with your head. Not over it. Total rookie move to blow your br on the first game.

Bet 2x your total br to get back to even. If you don't that'll be a rookie mistake
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
June 5th, 2018 at 4:13:40 AM permalink
as a Caps fan I can't believe it ~ it did not look like it was going to be their year

and as a Caps fan, I know they can still blow it!!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1491
June 6th, 2018 at 11:34:15 AM permalink
Well, game 4 was depressing. I had to quit watching when it was 3-0 Caps. Yes, I'm a lousy fan.

I see the lines for game 5 are:

Caps +125
GK -145

Was there an injury? Might there be some referee bias to cause a game five, which would be very good financially for the NHL? Might the caps hold back a little as not needing the win like the Knights do?

What are your thoughts, I admit I don't know hockey very well and am a Johnny-come-lately fan.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
June 6th, 2018 at 11:54:53 AM permalink
It is very difficult to win a playoff elimination game on the road (in any sport). The home team usually comes out pumped/wild/crazy (including the home fans) to extend the series. The VGK need the offense to score early and often to make a stand on Thursday night. VGK have missed a lot of shots off the posts in the last 2 games.
billryan
billryan
June 6th, 2018 at 11:54:55 AM permalink
My thoughts are that the Knight are a very beaten team right now. Can they rally back for this game? It's uncertain as the team has never been tested. I was there when the Islanders came back from 3-0 to beat the Penguins but that was a very special team. One that went on to win four straight Cups.
I'm not optimistic for either the game or the series, but to borrow a phrase-Keep hope alive. They ain't dead yet.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
June 6th, 2018 at 11:57:34 AM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

It is very difficult to win a playoff elimination game on the road (in any sport). The home team usually comes out pumped/wild/crazy (including the home fans) to extend the series.

These points would seem to argue why the Caps should be favored.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 6th, 2018 at 12:00:38 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The Knights are favored because they are at home. If it was in Washington I would expects the Caps to be favored.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
June 6th, 2018 at 12:05:40 PM permalink

Mike-- you seem to be unaware that the series is 3-1 Caps, so the next game IS game 5. Not trying to "force" a game 5. And it is in Vegas. So Washington is trying to win a playoff elimination game on the road. In a 3-1 series game 5 is a 'playoff elimination game' in that it is possible to eliminate a team. All game 6's and game 7's fall into that category.
Vegas is favored because they are more likely to win such a home playoff game than Washington is to win such a road playoff game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
June 6th, 2018 at 12:07:30 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The Knights are favored because they are at home. If it was in Washington I would expects the Caps to be favored.

Well, that is embarrassing. I thought it was like the World Series, where games 3, 4, and 5 are in the same place.

Please leave me alone while I sulk in the corner with my dunce cap on for a while.
Keeneone
Keeneone
June 6th, 2018 at 1:21:43 PM permalink
Game 4 was really chippy (rough and tough), particularly at the end. I would expect more of this if VGK does not get off to a good start in Game 5. The fact VGK had more hits (in Game 4) shows they are trying to play a bit tougher against WAS.

billryan
billryan
June 6th, 2018 at 1:40:00 PM permalink
I just hope that if they lose, they lose with class.
This clip of what The Islanders did at the end of a losing playoff series sickened me. It was years before I attended another game.

https://youtu.be/fZ7UQznJshM?t=4
Keeneone
Keeneone
June 6th, 2018 at 1:56:03 PM permalink

I just hope that if they lose, they lose with class.
This clip of what The Islanders did at the end of a losing playoff series sickened me. It was years before I attended another game.

https://youtu.be/fZ7UQznJshM?t=4

Wild stuff. 2 seconds left and the Islanders put in the tough guys. Rangers backed off and wanted no part of it. Honest question, why did the benches not clear?
I also watched the "dirty" hit in the next video. Seemed hard to figure out if the first hit (elbow?), running into the second guy, or hitting the ice is what knocked him out.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 6th, 2018 at 1:59:09 PM permalink
I think the Knights will win, perhaps in a shoot-out at the end, in Vegas tomorrow night.

I have to think they've been obsessively reviewing all the 1st 4 game tapes to make a better defensive stand. Fleury looks like crap on his save percentage, but he can't do it by himself, and most of those goals were unprotected /undefended/whatever you call the correct term.

I'm also wondering about VGK not being able to convert power plays. Maybe that's just the Caps' strength on short-handed defense, but it seems like VGK squanders a lot of seconds cat-and-mousing without protecting the puck. It gets slapped away for icing all the time.

Plus VGK luck is waay low. Nothing that hits the bar drops in. And that goal in game 2 that Holtby or whatever stopped with just his stick on the ice...pure luck. Fleury's own goal in game one....pure luck. Haven't seen anything random go Vegas' way.

Like i know squat about it, but that's what I'm seeing.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 6th, 2018 at 2:09:27 PM permalink

I think the Knights will win, perhaps in a shoot-out at the end, in Vegas tomorrow night.

I have to think they've been obsessively reviewing all the 1st 4 game tapes to make a better defensive stand. Fleury looks like crap on his save percentage, but he can't do it by himself, and most of those goals were unprotected /undefended/whatever you call the correct term.

I'm also wondering about VGK not being able to convert power plays. Maybe that's just the Caps' strength on short-handed defense, but it seems like VGK squanders a lot of seconds cat-and-mousing without protecting the puck. It gets slapped away for icing all the time.

Plus VGK luck is waay low. Nothing that hits the bar drops in. And that goal in game 2 that Holtby or whatever stopped with just his stick on the ice...pure luck. Fleury's own goal in game one....pure luck. Haven't seen anything random go Vegas' way.

1. There are no shoot-outs in playoff hockey. Only regular season. In the playoffs they continue playing 20 minute overtime periods until a goal is scored

2. There is no icing by the short handed team on a power play. They can send the puck down the ice at will

Otherwise , good analysis
billryan
billryan
June 6th, 2018 at 3:17:16 PM permalink
Yep. Two seconds left and the Islanders put their goon squad out. Rangers wanted nothing to do with it but were really forced into it. I'm an Islander fan, from the very first season but this disgraceful ending hurts Al Arbors legacy. It's easy to show class when winning. Not so easy when you just got stomped but some can rise up.
Why did the bench not empty? I imagine the Rangers coaches convinced the players not to risk suspension and I'd like to believe most of the Islanders were as embarrassed by this as the fans were and wanted no part of it.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 6th, 2018 at 3:26:44 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

1. There are no shoot-outs in playoff hockey. Only regular season. In the playoffs they continue playing 20 minute overtime periods until a goal is scored

2. There is no icing by the short handed team on a power play. They can send the puck down the ice at will

Otherwise , good analysis

Thanks very much for the education. Appreciate it!
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
June 6th, 2018 at 4:25:48 PM permalink

Yep. Two seconds left and the Islanders put their goon squad out. Rangers wanted nothing to do with it but were really forced into it. I'm an Islander fan, from the very first season but this disgraceful ending hurts Al Arbors legacy. It's easy to show class when winning. Not so easy when you just got stomped but some can rise up.
Why did the bench not empty? I imagine the Rangers coaches convinced the players not to risk suspension and I'd like to believe most of the Islanders were as embarrassed by this as the fans were and wanted no part of it.

I agree with you BR, this was bad for the Islanders and NHL in general...but a different era of the game. I don't think there is much to worry about with a Bill Foley owned team. He is a proud ex-military "do it the right way, all the time" type guy that would fire or trade any Coach/Player that sullied the VGK brand in a heartbeat.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
June 6th, 2018 at 4:30:02 PM permalink
The NHL started going to $#!% right when Gary Bettman took over.
Paradigm
Paradigm
June 6th, 2018 at 4:45:11 PM permalink
I can't really comment as I didn't become a fan until 1993, right when GB started his current 25 year stint. I think the game has gotten better over those 25 years. What about pre-1993 made the NHL better than today's product...and this is a sincere question.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
June 6th, 2018 at 5:33:08 PM permalink
The game will be hard hitting of course BUT Vegas can not afford to take penalties against such a good power play. So I really don,t think you will see as much dirty stuff. Vegas is fighting for their life and know they have to take some ruff stuff without retaliating. Penalty totals will be low.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
Paradigm
Paradigm
June 6th, 2018 at 8:09:50 PM permalink
I would take Caps at +125...I think VGK is done (unfortuntely).

They basically didn’t score in Game 3 absent Holtby giving them a freebie & when you don’t score on 5 on 3’s or into wide open nets (Neal & Karlson), it wears on you mentally.

Game 4 they were down 4-0 well into the 3rd before making a feeble come back and then promptly gave up the 5th goal.

When you have Theodore & Sbisa in your D corp and Shea QB’ing the 1st PP unit, you need Fleury to be playing out of his mind to make up for the defensive deficiencies (or put McNabb & Miller together to eat up 30 mins a game).

I saw a lot of Theo/Sbisa as a Ducks fan, they’re just not that good (I couldn’t believe we got Mcphee to take Shea knowing we could only protect three of Lindholm, Fowler, Vaatenan, Manson, Montour or Theodore), Shea is barely a top 4 D Man and Sbisa should be playing in Europe. Their true colors were on full display in Game 3...just watch which D are on the ice when Caps score next game.

Of course I didn’t think Caps would get by WPG, but Fleury was unbelievable in that series.

Fleury is coming back to earth and Holtby is upping his game...I see a 4-1 Caps victory tmrw, VGK doesn’t have the history together as a team to believe they have a chace...the clock struck midnight in DC on Monday.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
June 7th, 2018 at 2:34:14 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

When I first was introduced to hockey 45 or so years ago, I was mystified as to why they weren't calling 'icing' against the short handed team during power plays. I figured out on my own they could do that without being penalized. 'Clearing' , they call it.

I remember a special TV program somebody put on years ago to go over hockey rules and things to look for for newcomers. It was terrible, all they could talk about was "the one timer" - which is what they call a shot that is fired instantly at the goal when receiving a puck, without stopping and setting up the puck. They didn't go over rules like 'icing' rules that mystify newbies.

Which makes me think of a new thread.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
Joemanbeachbumbabs
June 7th, 2018 at 5:49:38 AM permalink

I have never played a sport as seemingly...cursed? No, that's not quite the right word...

It's just when talking bounces, the variance in it, I've never played a sport that's seemingly so tilted. The amount of games I've sat back and felt it was already decided based on nothing but "the bounces" is great enough that it's an actual thing between us guys at home. Much like the last game, there's times when it doesn't matter how good or bad you are. How many did Vegas ring off the post? 4? More?

Those games don't even register to us. I highly doubt it affects a professional.

Quote: Paradigm

I can't really comment as I didn't become a fan until 1993, right when GB started his current 25 year stint. I think the game has gotten better over those 25 years. What about pre-1993 made the NHL better than today's product...and this is a sincere question.

First and foremost, and this is inarguable, is replacing the iconic pipe organ with piped in, mp3, Top 40 garbage. Black Keys' "Gold on the Ceiling" is a good song, sure. But nothing says hockey like a 500 square foot Wurlitzer screaming out Sabre Dance, Hava Nagila, or whatever your hometown churns out. Add on to this, bubble hockey featuring USA v CAN is blasphemous. It's CCCP or nothing. Respect the game.

Rick Jeanneret was calling all 82 games in '93. Now he calls <82. That is a undeniable loss.

There was more theatre back then. It had a WWF feel to it. When Rob Ray / Tie Domi / Bob Probert / Stu Grimson / Tony Twist hit the ice, it's was like when Hulk Hogan was running to the ring during the Royal Rumble. Sure, things were awesome already. But, o man, something awesome is now about to happen. You knew it, you wanted it, you NEEDED it, and F#$% YEAH, HERE IT COMES!

I just miss killing people. It was very "Wild, wild west" growing up. Sure, you had a "sheriff" (stripes) but the real law men were the hard men with big iron. Back when 2min was more contemplation than penalty, because the real penalty was having a 220lb dude with a cannonball for a head and sledgehammers for hands knowing your name and looking for you. I miss that strategical element. I miss the big man, the tough guy. I miss the show of force. Much like foosball, all of the focus has gone to the pretty fella with fancy skills and delicate hands. Some people like it, but I'm much more Ronnie Lott than Deion Sanders. Given a choice between deking someone out of their jock or shifting their kidneys, I'd choose rearranging internal organs 100% of the time. This is also a big reason why foosball is dogs#$% nowadays, too. Tom Brady prancing around or James Harrison eating souls - which you tuning in to see?

Quebec Nordiques. Minnesota North Stars. Winnepeg Jets. Hartford f#$%ing Whalers.

Phoenix? Really? F#$%ing Vegas? Columbus, OH? Nashville? GTFO with your fake ass cities. These aren't even real words.

Russian mullets. Envision the coifs of the likes of your Jagr's and Federov's. The epic flow of a Barry Melrose. You see these kids today? Like a Mackelmore convention out there. You're an NHL starter, not a NFL receiver. Cut the s#$%.

Use to be your captain was a Captain. Gonna score and assist and wreck everyone and fight anybody. Where's today's Jeremy Roenick? Who could carry the jock of Wendel "Captain Crunch" Clark? No one, that's who.

The two-line pass. Just adding it to show I am able to see improvement no matter how rose my glasses are covered =p
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
June 7th, 2018 at 6:12:35 AM permalink
Quote: Face

bubble hockey featuring USA v CAN is blasphemous. It's CCCP or nothing. Respect the game.

Damn right. I blame the hippies!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
June 7th, 2018 at 6:47:16 AM permalink

I have never played a sport as seemingly...cursed? No, that's not quite the right word...

It's just when talking bounces, the variance in it, I've never played a sport that's seemingly so tilted. The amount of games I've sat back and felt it was already decided based on nothing but "the bounces" is great enough that it's an actual thing between us guys at home. Much like the last game, there's times when it doesn't matter how good or bad you are. How many did Vegas ring off the post? 4? More?

Those games don't even register to us. I highly doubt it affects a professional.

First and foremost, and this is inarguable, is replacing the iconic pipe organ with piped in, mp3, Top 40 garbage. Black Keys' "Gold on the Ceiling" is a good song, sure. But nothing says hockey like a 500 square foot Wurlitzer screaming out Sabre Dance, Hava Nagila, or whatever your hometown churns out. Add on to this, bubble hockey featuring USA v CAN is blasphemous. It's CCCP or nothing. Respect the game.

Rick Jeanneret was calling all 82 games in '93. Now he calls <82. That is a undeniable loss.

There was more theatre back then. It had a WWF feel to it. When Rob Ray / Tie Domi / Bob Probert / Stu Grimson / Tony Twist hit the ice, it's was like when Hulk Hogan was running to the ring during the Royal Rumble. Sure, things were awesome already. But, o man, something awesome is now about to happen. You knew it, you wanted it, you NEEDED it, and F#$% YEAH, HERE IT COMES!

I just miss killing people. It was very "Wild, wild west" growing up. Sure, you had a "sheriff" (stripes) but the real law men were the hard men with big iron. Back when 2min was more contemplation than penalty, because the real penalty was having a 220lb dude with a cannonball for a head and sledgehammers for hands knowing your name and looking for you. I miss that strategical element. I miss the big man, the tough guy. I miss the show of force. Much like foosball, all of the focus has gone to the pretty fella with fancy skills and delicate hands. Some people like it, but I'm much more Ronnie Lott than Deion Sanders. Given a choice between deking someone out of their jock or shifting their kidneys, I'd choose rearranging internal organs 100% of the time. This is also a big reason why foosball is dogs#$% nowadays, too. Tom Brady prancing around or James Harrison eating souls - which you tuning in to see?

Quebec Nordiques. Minnesota North Stars. Winnepeg Jets. Hartford f#$%ing Whalers.

Phoenix? Really? F#$%ing Vegas? Columbus, OH? Nashville? GTFO with your fake ass cities. These aren't even real words.

Russian mullets. Envision the coifs of the likes of your Jagr's and Federov's. The epic flow of a Barry Melrose. You see these kids today? Like a Mackelmore convention out there. You're an NHL starter, not a NFL receiver. Cut the s#$%.

Use to be your captain was a Captain. Gonna score and assist and wreck everyone and fight anybody. Where's today's Jeremy Roenick? Who could carry the jock of Wendel "Captain Crunch" Clark? No one, that's who.

The two-line pass. Just adding it to show I am able to see improvement no matter how rose my glasses are covered =p

THIS ^^^^^^
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
June 7th, 2018 at 12:04:47 PM permalink

(rant)

Loved it!

Check your blood pressure before continuing, Face!

Yes - good riddance to the two line pass rule. Unfortunately they have introduced the "Offsides Challenge" which I hate with a purple passion. Reviewing whether a puck ever actually crossed the line? I'm OK with that one [barely] but I absolutely hate all this agonizing over the other. "Oh lookie there we think dude straddling the line lifted that skate a little bit" Seriously?!!

I fully expect another rant.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 7th, 2018 at 5:05:23 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Loved it!

Yes - good riddance to the two line pass rule. Unfortunately they have introduced the "Offsides Challenge" which I hate with a purple passion. Reviewing whether a puck ever actually crossed the line? I'm OK with that one [barely] but I absolutely hate all this agonizing over the other. "Oh lookie there we think dude straddling the line lifted that skate a little bit" Seriously?!!

I've already done this rant over the NFL. Now, I find it merely tiresome.

I'm a purist, so of course I oppose it. I find it to be the same as stadium acoustics to surface composition to weather allowance / denial. There are random factors to the game. Field too soggy, stadium too loud to hear plays, open endzones for swirling wind. No ice is uniform. Every stadium has different bounce and sponge in the boards, certain stanchions that cause wild caroms. Refs are but a part of this randomness. Baseball with strike zones, football with holding calls, basketball with... whatever they do. A missed offsides or missed goal, it's part of the randomness. Or at least should be IMO.

Goals seems to be wildly supported. I disagree but lightly so. It's fine if they review goals. Offsides? That's just dumb.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
June 7th, 2018 at 5:08:48 PM permalink

Quote: odiousgambit

Loved it!

I've already done this rant over the NFL. Now, I find it merely tiresome.

I'm a purist, so of course I oppose it. I find it to be the same as stadium acoustics to surface composition to weather allowance / denial. There are random factors to the game. Field too soggy, stadium too loud to hear plays, open endzones for swirling wind. No ice is uniform. Every stadium has different bounce and sponge in the boards, certain stanchions that cause wild caroms. Refs are but a part of this randomness. Baseball with strike zones, football with holding calls, basketball with... whatever they do. A missed offsides or missed goal, it's part of the randomness. Or at least should be IMO.

Goals seems to be wildly supported. I disagree but lightly so. It's fine if they review goals. Offsides? That's just dumb.

If I remember right, The Aud was smaller than a standard 200' x 85' rink and was the only anomaly of the time.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Thanked by
Jmarch79MaxPenodiousgambit
June 7th, 2018 at 8:25:25 PM permalink
Congratulations to the Capitals on winning the Stanley Cup. They played better and won it clean as near as I can tell.

Congratulations to the VGK for a record-breaking first season! I'm obviously no hockey expert but am proud of the team and happy to support them win or lose.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
June 7th, 2018 at 8:37:30 PM permalink

Congratulations to the Capitals on winning the Stanley Cup. They played better and won it clean as near as I can tell.

Congratulations to the VGK for a record-breaking first season! I'm obviously no hockey expert but am proud of the team and happy to support them win or lose.

Absolutely. Couldn't have asked for a better inaugural season!
Keeneone
Keeneone
Thanked by
odiousgambit
June 7th, 2018 at 8:40:27 PM permalink
Great first season for the VGK. This city really showed strong support for this team.

The Washington Capitals are the Champs! Amazing!

I had a very good NHL playoffs this year. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I have learned a lot this postseason. Sorry Sid and the Pens, maybe next year (had to say it as a Caps bandwagon fan). Conn Smythe to Ovechkin, seemed like Holtby really deserved it.

So I guess the Vegas books are off the hook and futures wagers will not suffer moving forward...
And for those who enjoy a good conspiracy theory, what happened with the clock malfunction with ~2 minutes left???
billryan
billryan
June 7th, 2018 at 11:39:02 PM permalink
Outstanding season and Playoffs.
We are all misfits.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
June 8th, 2018 at 4:23:43 AM permalink

And for those who enjoy a good conspiracy theory, what happened with the clock malfunction with ~2 minutes left???

have to believe there will be guys going to their grave believing someone figured the Caps had too much momentum and knew the game would be stopped till it was checked. Backstrom kept winning those final face-offs, awesome.

Go Caps! Winning in the face of House trickery - how appropriate for Vegas!*

*I don't believe that, just being a wiseguy
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 8th, 2018 at 8:41:46 AM permalink
I learned a lot in just a couple of weeks, and really appreciate the help in knowing what I was seeing. Got a new appreciation for the game, too.

Congrats to both the Caps and the Knights! Both deserving, both should celebrate. Well fought.

If Ovechkin isn't already the poster boy for perseverance and joy, he should be. Missing teeth and all.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Keeneone
Keeneone
June 21st, 2018 at 4:08:17 PM permalink
Barry Trotz won the Cup as the coach of WAS and now will take more $$ to coach the NY Islanders. Good for him and the Islanders.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 21st, 2018 at 5:09:26 PM permalink

Barry Trotz won the Cup as the coach of WAS and now will take more $$ to coach the NY Islanders. Good for him and the Islanders.

things like this is what really turns me off about pro sports.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 21st, 2018 at 6:11:27 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

things like this is what really turns me off about pro sports.

When management doesn’t pay labor enough? I agree. That’s one of the reasons I don’t watch the nfl anymore.
GWAE
GWAE
June 22nd, 2018 at 4:45:00 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

When management doesn’t pay labor enough? I agree. That’s one of the reasons I don’t watch the nfl anymore.

I agree how the current structure is the labor needs paid better. I am more angry about the overall revenue. Prices need rolled back. Ticket prices, concessions, parking, advertising. I almost refuse to buy products from companies that have a large tv ad presence. Their proces could be so much lower if they didnt spend 100 million on ads.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 22nd, 2018 at 7:10:14 AM permalink

I agree how the current structure is the labor needs paid better.

Now that you are a boss and have employees, lead the movement. Tell all of your employees that they are under paid and they will be getting a 50% raise starting today.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
June 22nd, 2018 at 9:38:25 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Now that you are a boss and have employees, lead the movement. Tell all of your employees that they are under paid and they will be getting a 50% raise starting today.

Ahhh. But your logic is flawed.

My rates to my clients are 5% which is lower than anyone else in the city. I have 3 employees and the lowest paid of the 3 is making 20% more than the starting rate at other places in town. If I were overcharging my clients as happens with major league teams then I would gladly pay my employees more.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 22nd, 2018 at 11:12:17 AM permalink

Ahhh. But your logic is flawed.

My rates to my clients are 5% which is lower than anyone else in the city. I have 3 employees and the lowest paid of the 3 is making 20% more than the starting rate at other places in town. If I were overcharging my clients as happens with major league teams then I would gladly pay my employees more.

Sounds like you make a lot of effort to do the right thing.
  • Jump to: