Thread Rating:

camapl
camapl
  • Threads: 8
July 6th, 2013 at 1:02:10 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Not really. People are mostly dumb.

I agree that some people just don't think/don't use their brains... I honestly believe that average players used to assume that the multipliers would be there (either from their last play or from the next person's) when they would return for their next session. ...Until the multipliers weren't there. It seems that one reason there are fewer and fewer multipliers left on my Ultimate X "hawk-ing" route is that some of these average Joe's and Joan's are realizing that the multipliers can be played off before they leave, so they are doing so now as they wrap up a session.

Quote: tringlomane

Or in some cases, people may have gambled their last dollar away and they don't have a big enough amount left to cover all the hands.

I've wondered the same thing myself. My initial though was that if there are multipliers, then there was some sort of win on the last hand, and the player should have been able to continue. But then I realized if I had just enough for one more bet and I hit pay pairs and/or two pairs all the way up without much of a multiplier carrying over from the previous hand, then my next hand would have 2X on each hand, but I would likely be short of another max bet. And it seems that the average player strictly plays max.

Sorry about this being off topic!
* Actual results may vary.
camapl
camapl
July 6th, 2013 at 1:06:08 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

Got this dealt (my first one!)

Awesome hit djatc! I recently got dealt a wheel (A-2-3-4-5) of hearts. ...Too bad I was playing NSUD! lol And, yes, it was natural!
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
July 6th, 2013 at 5:31:51 PM permalink
So begins the hunt for the next one.... Don't you hate AKQJ9s? I've seen my fair share in the last few sessions. AKQJ2 would be nice tho.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
camapl
camapl
July 6th, 2013 at 7:42:10 PM permalink

So begins the hunt for the next one....

Edit to fix my parenthetic quotes!

Observe the great white as he hunts for his next meal ...never stopping ...never resting ...always on the move! Go get 'em djatc and keep us posted! I've enjoyed your blog...

Don't you hate AKQJ9s?

Yes! In any game! Even worse is AQJT9s to me! Getting visions... A_ _ _9u especially kills me in Pick 'Em! Five high cards and not a pair or straight in sight!
tringlomane
tringlomane
July 6th, 2013 at 7:44:38 PM permalink
I think I have got AKQJ9s twice in the last month or two. 9 months since a Royal though...meh.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
July 8th, 2013 at 9:25:46 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

El Cortez has or had an ATM promotion where they geve you back 5% of your atm withdrawl in free play, maximum amount $50 per month ($1000 ATM withdrawl).

No requirement that you had to play any amount or anything, just a flat 5% of ATM withdrawl from their machine. Now their ATM did have a $3.50 charge, but I was willing to eat that. :)

I have actually taken a little break from playing and haven't even been downtown in the last month, so I can't say for sure that this promo is still going.

So do people withdraw $500 one day, deposit the next day at a local bank, and then withdraw another $500 the next day? Seems like a pretty easy way to make $40 a month after the ATM and bank fees without spending any money.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
July 8th, 2013 at 9:32:25 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
tringlomane
tringlomane
July 9th, 2013 at 12:35:10 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

A royal on the board recently happened in the $10k Main Event. You can see the picture at WSOP.com.

More direct link:

http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2013-world-series-of-poker/event-62-10-000-no-limit-hold-em-main-event/post.220626.htm

Considering how much poker has been played at the WSOP since Moneymaker, I wonder if this is actually the first occurrence of it happening there.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
July 9th, 2013 at 7:06:17 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
knagl
knagl
  • Threads: 1
July 9th, 2013 at 11:01:48 PM permalink
I got the surprise of my VP career a few weeks ago at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. Playing a crummy paytable DDB at the bar (it was late, I had a couple of cocktails, forgive me), five beautiful cards popped up, followed very quickly by five "HOLD" indicators over the cards:

• Jump to: