Thread Rating:

tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 16th, 2020 at 4:34:57 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Looking at the map of cases, I don't understand the little red splotch in Henderson.

Locals that didn't give a ****? It's been days but NV was clearly the worst state in cases for states that are roughly 3M or less.

But to be fair, it was one of the closest to 3M people. But a few > 3M were doing better than Nevada. Per capita Nevada is currently 19th in cases.

Minnesota has the lowest cases per capita. And 14th worst in tests per capita. But they have a 95% negative test rate. South Korea has a 98% negative test rate. Excellent.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 155
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
April 16th, 2020 at 4:47:30 AM permalink
good ole boys in Michigan showing off big guns protest Michigan stay at home order

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/15/835250693/michigan-stay-at-home-order-prompts-honking-traffic-jam-protest
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 16th, 2020 at 4:54:05 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

good ole boys in Michigan showing off big guns protest Michigan stay at home order

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/15/835250693/michigan-stay-at-home-order-prompts-honking-traffic-jam-protest

Yep. Correct me if I am wrong. But it's all "boys" to me. And a VAST majority were white.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 16th, 2020 at 5:23:22 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Had to move back in with folks and pay off debt over several years.

That is what bankruptcy is for.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 48
April 16th, 2020 at 5:29:43 AM permalink
Fox News is reporting that they have government sources claiming there is evidence that Coronavirus was created in a Wuhan Lab

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-china-compete-us-sources
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 238
April 16th, 2020 at 6:15:18 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Fox News is reporting that they have government sources claiming there is evidence that Coronavirus was created in a Wuhan Lab

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-china-compete-us-sources

That's actually not what the article says.

It states sources which won't hand over any evidence (so it's speculative and unsubstantiated); claim Covid-19 is natural bat virus. Scientists have already concluded that from analysis of the virus. That's a scientific fact.

However this Wuhan lab (the report claims) was doing culture work on the "natural" virus in the lab and got contaminated, brought it to the Wuhan market and spread the virus.

So they didn't "create it"

It's plausible at least,.

EDIT: although it's Fox news, I will stress the article is by Brett Baier who I find is on the fact telling side of Fox so I give that a good amount of weight
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
April 16th, 2020 at 6:40:42 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It states sources which won't hand over any evidence (so it's speculative and unsubstantiated); claim Covid-19 is natural bat virus. Scientists have already concluded that from analysis of the virus. That's a scientific fact.

However this Wuhan lab (the report claims) was doing culture work on the "natural" virus in the lab and got contaminated, brought it to the Wuhan market and spread the virus.

EDIT: although it's Fox news, I will stress the article is by Brett Baier who I find is on the fact telling side of Fox so I give that a good amount of weight

I agree with your read. Would add that the article also says the Wuhan wet market did not sell bats. If that’s true, it seems super relevant.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 48
April 16th, 2020 at 7:10:45 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Semantics...

Created the outbreak.

Smallpox is also a naturally occurring virus, but if an outbreak came from a communist lab no one would be screaming “BUT ITS NATURAL!!”

I am not saying any of this is true, just passing along the headline.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 238
April 16th, 2020 at 7:16:16 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Semantics...

Created the outbreak.

Smallpox is also a naturally occurring virus, but if an outbreak came from a communist lab no one would be screaming “BUT ITS NATURAL!!”

I am not saying any of this is true, just passing along the headline.

Agreed but with caveat.

Generally when talking about labs the term "create" or "created" is taken to mean engineered.

To be clear, if true, then the 2019 pandemic was "created" by unsafe practices utilizing a natural pathogen but not bio-engineered.

Seems like a lot to say but that clears up the semantics
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
April 16th, 2020 at 7:23:54 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Funny that they wear mask to protest a non-existent threat.
Typical morons. Bringing a gun to a germ fight. Perhaps the second amendment will prove better protection than the blood of Jesus has.

• Jump to: