Keyser
  • Threads: 35
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
January 13th, 2022 at 9:29:34 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

Quote: Keyser

Quote: rawtuff

Unvaxxed people are far more transmissible than vaxxed that's a fact, not a propaganda.
link to original post

Considering the fact that most of the people eligible for the vax have received one, yet we're at the highest rate of infection ever should tell you all you need to know.

link to original post

Due to the nature of this pathogen and its currently dominant variant (Omicron) and the nature of the vaccines available the population should be vaccinated with a recent (best no older than 3 months) booster shot in order to have significant enough level of antibodies.
Of American adults who are fully vaccinated, only about 30 percent have received a booster, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And among all Americans, only about one in six has received a booster.

And, yes, vaccines are not that effective against Omicron due to the high number of mutations in the variant - about 70% compared to about 90% against Delta.
People who are not vaccinated, but have been infected with C19 in the past 3-5 months and survived without complications will have even better immune response to Omicron than just vaccinated. Still, vaccines do have high positive effect on lowering the rate of transmission even if not preventing infection alone.
link to original post

The data just doesn't support your claim. I'm boosted as is my wife and most of the people in my family group, yet we all have contracted the Omicron version of the China Virus. This is likely my second infection, as I think I had a previous infection last spring, but was not tested at that time. Besides, many of the virologists and even my doctor have said that it only protects against severe illness at this point, and that it will not make you anymore or less likely to contract the virus. It only helps once the virus has gotten into your cells.

Wake up, look at the daily covid case graphs and the number of people vaxed. This is a pandemic of everyone.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
Thanks for this post from:
Dieter
January 13th, 2022 at 9:44:43 AM permalink
Dear all,
Please let's try to keep a mathematical, evidence based leaning to this thread. Please DO NOT turn it into a 'vax' : 'dont vax' opinion piece.
Rule 19 guys. RULE 19!
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 57
January 13th, 2022 at 12:57:23 PM permalink
My phone says 50K people in New York State have died with COVID & 4.35 million people have been infected since they started counting.
Pennsylvania has had 38K deaths & almost 2 million cases.
New Jersey has had 29K deaths & 1.65 million cases.
Nevada has had 8.6K deaths and 543K cases.
Mississippi has had 10.6K deaths & 625K cases.
Massachusetts has had 20K deaths & 1.186 million cases.
Illinois has had 29K deaths & 2.56 million cases.
California has had 76.8K deaths & 6.3 million cases.
Washington State has had 10K deaths & 1 million cases.
Washington D.C. has had 1.2K deaths & 144K cases.

I think the TV said nearly 60 million cases in the USA so far and over 800K dead.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
January 13th, 2022 at 1:12:18 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

My phone says 50K people in New York State have died with COVID & 4.35 million people have been infected since they started counting.
Pennsylvania has had 38K deaths & almost 2 million cases.
New Jersey has had 29K deaths & 1.65 million cases.
Nevada has had 8.6K deaths and 543K cases.
Mississippi has had 10.6K deaths & 625K cases.
Massachusetts has had 20K deaths & 1.186 million cases.
Illinois has had 29K deaths & 2.56 million cases.
California has had 76.8K deaths & 6.3 million cases.
Washington State has had 10K deaths & 1 million cases.
Washington D.C. has had 1.2K deaths & 144K cases.

I think the TV said nearly 60 million cases in the USA so far and over 800K dead.
link to original post

Your TV viewing is a bit behind the curve. But right order of numbers

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
January 13th, 2022 at 1:17:38 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

The combo meal of the two combined might be.

I would kill for a Combo meal right now. In the last three days I have had banana pudding and low sodium beef broth.

(BTW, I am in the hospital trying to avoid Covid to keep this somewhat on topic).
Order from chaos
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 13th, 2022 at 1:36:31 PM permalink
If you had COVID you probably could kill someone else legally, but will you infect the touch screen kiosk?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 14th, 2022 at 3:24:15 PM permalink
Free at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests
Every home in the U.S. can soon order 4 free at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests. The tests will be completely freeóthere are no shipping costs and you donít need to enter a credit card number.

Ordering begins January 19.
https://www.covidtests.gov/
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
January 15th, 2022 at 5:09:31 AM permalink
I can't think of a single reason why I would want to test.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
January 15th, 2022 at 5:26:31 AM permalink
If I come down ill, I would want to know what it is.
They're only giving 4 free tests per household, instead of 4 free tests per person. In a 15 person trailer home, I guess one sick person is enough.
Starburger
Starburger
  • Threads: 1
January 20th, 2022 at 8:19:15 AM permalink
The problem with Covid is that the majority of people thought Covid was just about over when the vaccines became readily available in the first quarter of 2021 and the general vibe was that Covid cases were way down and we were on the brink of it going away for good. People in general were beginning to live like it was 2019 wearing no masks, not washing their hands or sanitizing them frequently and going back to being really close to each other again. Living like it was 2019 when it wasn't was the wrong way to go. I am reminded of the Land Of Confusion song by Genesis where the lyric goes, "They say the danger's gone away, but I can see the fire's still alight." People thought the danger was basically over when he vaccines became readily available we were actually still in a lot of trouble. Only when the Delta surge went global is when a lot of people went back to acting like it was 2020 and not 2019 taking all the necessary precautions to slow the spread. With Omicron, we're even more vigilant. One good thing about the random variants circling the world is that we are no longer naive thinking that when a Variant breaks out in a certain Country it will stay in that Country and not travel out of it like the majority of the world acted when the first Covid variant broke out in China.
One man's offense is another man's humor.

• Jump to: