Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
January 7th, 2022 at 10:43:15 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

By the way, around 700,000 malaria deaths last year, an easily preventable and treatable disease. Almost all were in Africa so 'no one cares'.
link to original post

Thank the DDT ban for that more than anything.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
mwalz9
mwalz9
  • Threads: 51
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
January 7th, 2022 at 10:47:17 AM permalink
I tested positive today for the first time since the pandemic started.

I am unvaxxed. I have "knock on wood" a very strong immune system. I am 41 years old and can count on 1 hand the amount of times I have been required to go to a doctor and the only time I have been hospitalized was to have my gall bladder removed.

Tuesday evening I had pretty bad body aches. I felt like I did the day after a football game in high school. Every muscle was sore, particularly my back. I had no fever, multiple temperature checks had me at 97.4-98.1 degrees. No cough. No breathing problems. However, I could not stay warm. I drank tons of gatorade, and rested in bed.

Today, I feel way better. I go take a test figuring, for the sake of others I need to see if I have it, and I do.

Honestly, today I feel almost back to 100%.

Hoping that that is as bad as it gets for me.

I'm far from an anti-vaxer or believe in any weird rituals, but I do feel the human body is designed to fight off and overcome some pretty bad things on its own. I have NEVER in my life used hand sanitizer and would like to believe that has helped strengthen my immune system. As weird as it may sound, I want my body to encounter small viruses, bacteria's, etc so when it encounters something, it knows how to fight it and knows what to do.

Maybe Im wrong, but thats just my opinion.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
January 7th, 2022 at 11:59:51 AM permalink
Quote: mwalz9

I am unvaxxed. I have "knock on wood" a very strong immune system. I am 41 years old and can count on 1 hand the amount of times I have been required to go to a doctor and the only time I have been hospitalized was to have my gall bladder removed.

I am guessing you had your Gallbladder removed a long time ago. I had mine removed about a year and a half ago and it was just an in and out procedure. The whole process took about 4 hours and I was home again. Didn't even require going to a hospital.
Order from chaos
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
January 7th, 2022 at 12:05:14 PM permalink

link to original post

Good luck with your recovery. And let's hope your immediate family stay OK.
You don't mention change in taste/smell, so probably omicron?
This variant really might be our salvation.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
mwalz9
mwalz9
January 7th, 2022 at 12:11:15 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am guessing you had your Gallbladder removed a long time ago. I had mine removed about a year and a half ago and it was just an in and out procedure. The whole process took about 4 hours and I was home again. Didn't even require going to a hospital.
link to original post

My gallbladder was about 10 years ago. It was supposed to be in and out. Turns out it was full of stones and starting to gangrene. Ended up being a 2 night stay and going home with a JP Drain tube in my side. Not fun stuff.
mwalz9
mwalz9
January 7th, 2022 at 12:12:18 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

Good luck with your recovery. And let's hope your immediate family stay OK.
You don't mention change in taste/smell, so probably omicron?
This variant really might be our salvation.
link to original post

No loss of taste or smell at all. No symptoms other than 2 days of body aches, especially in back, minor headache, couldnt get warm, but with no fever.

So far I feel pretty lucky.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
January 9th, 2022 at 11:36:25 AM permalink
OOOps!
CDC Director Rochelle Walensky clarified that the number of children hospitalized with COVID-19 is nowhere close to the statistic put forth by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor Friday, while noting that Americans can still work to reduce hospitalization by getting vaccinated.
The numbers claimed by Sonia was 100,000. Actual figure is 3,500. No comment was given by Chump Change.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 67
January 9th, 2022 at 12:42:28 PM permalink
Unvaxxed Aussies Told They Won't Be Allowed To Exercise Or Go To Work - ZeroHedge
https://tinyurl.com/y2w2p89o
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
January 9th, 2022 at 10:46:38 PM permalink
I see in NY that they're prioritizing certain forms of treatment based on race. I wonder, do they have someone that's an expert at judging people's race by their skin color or do they do it by genetic testing?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-race-based-covid-treatment-white-hispanic-inequity-monoclonal-antibodies-antiviral-pfizer-omicron-11641573991
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 67
January 9th, 2022 at 10:55:06 PM permalink
Since it's behind a paywall, I can't read the rest of the article. But I'm gonna go with underserved communities of color.

• Jump to: