Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
Thanks for this post from:
Wellbush
September 6th, 2021 at 4:42:07 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

You referred to my post selectively. I said quote *or* address the person you’re talking to. You said “you” n the post of yours I quoted. Who is “you”? (Rhetorical question, the point is, make it clear to whom you’re talking or referring.

• link to original post

If you don't know who the person is referring to, and haven't been interacting with the person in the thread, why would you assume it is addressed to you? Perhaps you might not know who it is addressed to, but having a fit because you think it must be about you is silly.
    MichaelBluejay
    MichaelBluejay
    • Threads: 46
    gordonm888
    September 6th, 2021 at 5:19:12 PM permalink
    Quote: billryan

If you don't know who the person is referring to, and haven't been interacting with the person in the thread, why would you assume it is addressed to you?

Because it *seems* to be.

Quote: billyran

Perhaps you might not know who it is addressed to, but having a fit because you think it must be about you is silly.

It's not. It's often a reasonable conclusion.

Don't blame others for your failure to be specific.
    billryan
    billryan
    MichaelBluejayWellbush
    September 6th, 2021 at 5:54:38 PM permalink

Because it *seems* to be.

It's not. It's often a reasonable conclusion.

Don't blame others for your failure to be specific.

• link to original post

Got it.
    SOOPOO
    SOOPOO
    • Threads: 112
    MichaelBluejay
    September 9th, 2021 at 11:51:59 AM permalink
    I had my Moderna booster. (3rdshot). 9am. Went to sleep at 10pm with just the beginning of mild chills. Slept almost none that night! Other than to pee, did not get out of bed until 3pm. Didn’t eat at all. Forced myself to drink every now and then. Showered and went for a massage which helped tremendously! I felt close to normal at 5pm and was voraciously hungry. Was able to golf this morning (48 hours post injection) but was still very tired.
    billryan
    billryan
    September 9th, 2021 at 1:29:26 PM permalink
    Moderna is working on a combination corona booster/ seasonal flu shot that they hope to have out in the next six weeks. I think I would prefer two separate shots for now and see whats what next year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/moderna-combo-single-dose-covidflu-booster-what-you-need-to-know/ar-AAOgGRa?ocid=uxbndlbing
    Last edited by: billryan on Sep 9, 2021
    rsactuary
    rsactuary
    • Threads: 21
    September 9th, 2021 at 2:04:18 PM permalink
    I assume that the booster has to be the same brand as the initial shot(s)? Any word on studying if you can mix them?
    SOOPOO
    SOOPOO
    • Threads: 112
    September 9th, 2021 at 2:12:11 PM permalink
    Quote: rsactuary

I assume that the booster has to be the same brand as the initial shot(s)? Any word on studying if you can mix them?

• link to original post

I was told you can get a different brand but as of now that is not what they will be doing.
    MichaelBluejay
    MichaelBluejay
    • Threads: 46
    September 16th, 2021 at 5:28:51 AM permalink
    We recently hit a milestone: 1 in 500 Americans have died from COVID.

Earlier in this thread, I showed how 1 in 5 Americans has or had COVID if there are 66% more cases than reported, comprising people who were/are asymptomatic and never got tested. If that were true, that would mean an even 1% mortality rate.
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    • Threads: 49
    September 16th, 2021 at 5:37:29 AM permalink

Earlier in this thread, I showed how 1 in 5 Americans has or had COVID if there are 66% more cases than reported, comprising people who were/are asymptomatic and never got tested. If that were true, that would mean an even 1% mortality rate.

• link to original post

One thing to check is how many more Americans are dieing per month/year than in precious co-pandemic years. People die. If 1% of the population doesn't die every year than the average age will eventually start to exceed 100.
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
    darkoz
    darkoz
    • Threads: 261
    September 16th, 2021 at 5:41:34 AM permalink

• link to original post

This is where the covid deniers will cry that is a 99% survival rate so who cares.

I saw a news segment showing many survivors whose lives were changed.

One girl, age 13 I believe caught it. She was studying music and was thinking of a career in the orchestra. Now her lungs have been so ravaged she can't get the breath to play her instrument.

I'm sure she will be very happy to know Covid isn't that serious since 99% of people survive. Yeah, right!
    For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

• Jump to: