Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 262
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
September 5th, 2021 at 4:34:42 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

On April 16, 2020, an article by STAT national biotech columnist Adam Feuerstein leaked early, incomplete results Gilead Sciences clinical trial of remdesivir for COVID-19 without permission from the company.[9] The title of this exclusive story was "Early peek at data on Gilead coronavirus drug suggests patients are responding to treatment."[10] Gilead shares jumped higher in after-hours trading immediately after the report published.[11] In a statement to CNBC, a University of Chicago spokesperson said, “Partial data from an ongoing clinical trial is by definition incomplete and should never be used to draw conclusions about the safety or efficacy of a potential treatment that is under investigation."[11] Texas Democrat Rep. Lloyd Doggett, chair of the House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee, called for an investigation of how STAT obtained the leaked video. Rep. Doggett, an attorney, noted that "providing information that's designed to impact the stock market is not something that is permitted under federal securities law."[9]

When STAT publishes stories by Feuerstien bashing CyDy and lemonlabob, it is a rag with an agenda.
When oz finds a STAT story that he somehow thinks makes his case, it is an informed source.

• link to original post

The fact that Bill can't tell the difference between an opinion published on Stat about a biotech and facts about an action of Congress being reported on Stat is telling.

I, of course, can tell the difference.

That Bill even follows Adam Feuerstien is ridiculous.

The guy is giving views on Biotech with a political science degree. Yeah that makes sense. Not.

For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
    SOOPOO
    SOOPOO
    • Threads: 112
    September 6th, 2021 at 6:01:32 AM permalink
    Quote: FastEddie

Only Math I care about is 95% of recent hospitalizations and 99% of deaths due to virus are unvaccinated.
    SAY NO MORE

• link to original post

Welcome to the forum FastEddie. In this thread, which is the ‘Coronavirus math thread’, your post is the perfect summary. About half of Americans are fully vaccinated, and about half aren’t. 99% of deaths are in unvaccinated, and 1% in those vaccinated. Given the last sentence, it is hard to imagine how it comes to be that 100+ million Americans are that freaking stupid to not be vaccinated!
    MichaelBluejay
    MichaelBluejay
    • Threads: 51
    September 6th, 2021 at 6:15:12 AM permalink
    Quote: SOOPOO

99% of deaths are in unvaccinated, and 1% in those vaccinated.

The latest figure I saw was 94%, in Alabama.
    LuckyPhow
    LuckyPhow
    • Threads: 53
    September 6th, 2021 at 7:35:19 AM permalink
    How big a game changer might this be:

No Vax? No Visit!

Quote: Miami MD Tells Patients

This is a public health emergency — the health of the public takes priority over the rights of any given individual in this situation, It appears that there is a lack of selflessness and concern for the burden on the health and well-being of our society from our encounters.

Unvaccinated? Call to schedule a video consult with the doctor. Don't come to the doctor's office, filled with people trying to help overcome the pandemic, OK?
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    • Threads: 50
    September 6th, 2021 at 1:33:31 PM permalink

I've worked for the Feds, both in the military and for the Department of Commerce and that is how bureaucracies work. It's usually not corruption. Thinking that because an agency is partially funded by user fees means it is corrupt is just plain wrong and would seem to indicate a lack of understanding of how government is funded.

• link to original post

Boldface added

Bill, I never mentioned that the FDA is partially funded by user fees and never used that in my post as a basis for what I was saying. Why don't you actually read the posts before snottily denouncing them? This is your trademark tactic of attacking a post for something that it didn't say and then slurring the poster with words like "and would seem to indicate a lack of understanding . . . "

Maybe we should create a betting pool for how many times in September Billryan will do this. I suspect the high numbers will go quickly.
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
    darkoz
    darkoz 
    September 6th, 2021 at 1:37:10 PM permalink
    Quote: gordonm888

I've worked for the Feds, both in the military and for the Department of Commerce and that is how bureaucracies work. It's usually not corruption. Thinking that because an agency is partially funded by user fees means it is corrupt is just plain wrong and would seem to indicate a lack of understanding of how government is funded.

• link to original post

Boldface added

Bill, I never mentioned that the FDA is partially funded by user fees and never used that in my post as a basis for what I was saying. Why don't you actually read the posts before snottily denouncing them? This is your trademark tactic of attacking a post for something that it didn't say and then slurring the poster with words like "and would seem to indicate a lack of understanding . . . "

Maybe we should create a betting pool for how many times in September Billryan will do this. I suspect the high numbers will go quickly.
  • link to original post

Gordon

I mentioned that FDA is partially funded by user fees.

Bill purposefully didn't quote me so he could not be suspended for what you recognized as a slur on the poster.

Even though it's clearly an attack and recognized
    billryan
    billryan
    • Threads: 202
    September 6th, 2021 at 2:29:43 PM permalink
    Why must you think everything is about you? Anyone reading this thread would see oz repeatedly mentioned the FDA funding as implying corruption.
    Maybe a pool on how many times you misunderstand someones post might be in order.
    The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
    billryan
    billryan
    • Threads: 202
    September 6th, 2021 at 2:31:33 PM permalink
    How could anyone read this thread and not see oz's comments on the FDA and corruption?
    The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
    darkoz
    darkoz 
    September 6th, 2021 at 2:48:11 PM permalink

How could anyone read this thread and not see oz's comments on the FDA and corruption?

• link to original post

One problem with the site is when answering a post you are brought to the last page where your post is now newest.

It causes a hop skip over other posts in the interim.

I often find myself seeing someone quoted and having to backtrack a few pages to see the full conversation.

That's why it's important to quote who you are responding to
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    • Threads: 50
    September 6th, 2021 at 3:19:06 PM permalink

Why must you think everything is about you? Anyone reading this thread would see oz repeatedly mentioned the FDA funding as implying corruption.
    Maybe a pool on how many times you misunderstand someones post might be in order.

• link to original post

1. ecause your post immediately followed mine, and followed it by 8 minutes.

2. Because I ended my post with "Well, I'll just say that I've worked in the federal government" and ended it with "So, this is not akin to believing illumanati theories, its just how federal government works."

And you responded 8 minutes later with this opening statement "I've worked for the Feds, both in the military and for the Department of Commerce and that is how bureaucracies work." and with this closing statement "and would seem to indicate a lack of understanding of how government is funded."

3. Because my previous post introduced the issue of big pharma influence on the FDA by ending:
    Quote: gordonm88

So, there is a growing conspiracy theory that the FDA is in bed with certain pharmaceutical companies. Not certain about all aspects of that theory, but there may be something to it. There is an enormous amount of money at stake, and money corrupts.

and was immediately followed on the thread 14 minutes later by your attack post;

As far as I can tell, the people pushing the FDA is in bed with big pharma almost always also subscribe to other conspiracy theories such as the vaccine makes you magnetic, the vaccine comes from aborted fetuses, the election was stolen, the Pope is part of the illuminati and so on and so forth. I suppose there is a chance they are wrong on everything else but got this one right. That's the ticket.

which shamelessly suggests that because I claim that there may be something to the theory that FDA is in bed with big pharma that people like me almost always also subscribe to "the vaccine makes you magnetic" "the vaccines comes from aborted fetuses" "the Pope is part of the Illumanati" and (objectionably bringing up a political issue) that "the election was stolen" .... and concludes that people like me "are wrong on everything."

This, again, is the time-honored billryan tactic of tarnishing posters with things that they never said in order to make them look silly or stupid. Your tactic is not explicitly against the rules of this forum, but don't expect me to congratulate you on the honorable and civil way that you debate with others in this forum.
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.

• Jump to: