Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 10th, 2021 at 6:24:15 AM permalink
Some think the sum total of rules and regulations and taxes and restrictions that IS government is bad. Overall I think it is good. I may grumble about the how but I am pretty happy with what my government does for me at all levels. I am generally safe from Jihadists. I am generally safe from Right wing terrorists. My streets are plowed. Heck, my streets exist! I have a library nearby. There is a public hospital nearby. Water is piped to my house for a dollar or two a day. My town has a golf course I can play for nearly free. My kids had schools to go to. There are health and safety rules that help.... keep me healthy and safe!

So, AZ, you are worried about so many things, many if I analyzed each one individually I might agree with you on. But overall I am happy that our government tries to keep us safe. Do they overreach at times? Sure. I am not looking for perfect. I will remind you Ive had to wear a mask for around 35 years at work, and retiring made me happy to NOT have to wear one! And BAM, hear we got this pandemic. Im not sure how much wearing a mask helps; I surmise it is more than you think but less than our elected leaders think.... so just like I think 30mph on certain streets is ridiculous.... but I obey.... I do the same for wearing a mask. Heck, even if the ONLY positive it brought was making my fellow citizens feel safe, it is a price Im willing to pay to live in our civilized, cushy, easy society.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 27
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
January 10th, 2021 at 6:58:48 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Some think the sum total of rules and regulations and taxes and restrictions that IS government is bad. Overall I think it is good. I may grumble about the how but I am pretty happy with what my government does for me at all levels. I am generally safe from Jihadists. I am generally safe from Right wing terrorists.

What is missing here? Think about it without going to red!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 43
January 10th, 2021 at 7:03:12 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It de facto is. Insurance or else proof of funds.

Proof of funds is not the same as insurance.
Don't teach an alligator how to swim.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
January 10th, 2021 at 7:33:26 AM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

It is as it is self-insurance.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 10th, 2021 at 8:26:51 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

What is missing here? Think about it without going to red!

Not taking the bait! My point was that I am generally safe from EVERYTHING!!!
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 32
January 16th, 2021 at 11:36:41 AM permalink
Someone said a new virus in Johannesburg
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 16th, 2021 at 12:34:41 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

It is worse in case of accidents caused by you or other drivers. Considering that you can be sued up to $50,000, it is no wonder that the vast majority of New Hampshire drivers purchase insurance.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 74
January 16th, 2021 at 4:22:32 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

It is worse in case of accidents caused by you or other drivers. Considering that you can be sued up to $50,000, it is no wonder that the vast majority of New Hampshire drivers purchase insurance.

In Nevada every car must have liability insurance. Stupidly the minimum required is only $15,000.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
January 16th, 2021 at 5:58:16 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

I suspect the type of people who don't need the insurance are the type that would buy it anyway.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 32

• Jump to: