Thread Rating:

unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
December 20th, 2020 at 6:42:55 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Logically they should only get worse half the time.

Just because there are two possibilities doesn’t mean they are equally weighted.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
December 20th, 2020 at 7:45:53 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Just because there are two possibilities doesn’t mean they are equally weighted.

No, but that goes down a huge rabbit hole.

Since the most deadly viruses are rare then it should mutate to something weaker. I would suggest how this relates to general mutations but I am too tired to unintentionally hijack a thread. And I need to wrap the silver for the nieces and nephews presents.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
December 22nd, 2020 at 10:30:37 AM permalink
It was a beautiful warm day outside yesterday so I decided to get some exercise waking the part of the Strip. I was thrilled to see just about everybody outside wearing a mask.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 76
December 22nd, 2020 at 10:37:40 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

It was a beautiful warm day outside yesterday so I decided to get some exercise waking the part of the Strip. I was thrilled to see just about everybody outside wearing a mask.

Ed, I am worried about you. Since when is 65 degrees a beautiful warm day? A beautiful warm day needs to be at least a minimum of 85 degrees in Vegas. You will see that in Vegas it doesn't even get hot until it is 100 and that is still very tolerable. When it gets to 110 even I will admit that is too hot to be in the sun but is nice in the shade.
Order from chaos
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 169
December 22nd, 2020 at 10:52:41 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Ed, I am worried about you. Since when is 65 degrees a beautiful warm day? A beautiful warm day needs to be at least a minimum of 85 degrees in Vegas.

Does your blood actually still circulate from all your inactivity?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
December 22nd, 2020 at 10:53:07 AM permalink

Ed, I am worried about you. Since when is 65 degrees a beautiful warm day? A beautiful warm day needs to be at least a minimum of 85 degrees in Vegas. You will see that in Vegas it doesn't even get hot until it is 100 and that is still very tolerable. When it gets to 110 even I will admit that is too hot to be in the sun but is nice in the shade.

Warm considering whats coming tomorrow and the rest of the week
Gonna do the Downtown walk around and exercise
but
I agree with you, true warm weather is shorts weather and I'm not wearing shorts downtown today
I'm actually getting tired of this weather
I only like to ride my bike in shorts

Moving south in a few weeks for warmer weather. Got a spot in Quartzite then probably Phoenix or Tucson.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 179
December 22nd, 2020 at 11:00:27 AM permalink
I've come to strongly dislike Phoenix. I've never seen so many young panhandlers. Off ramps of highways, every shopping center exit.
I just don't get it. I understand times are tough, but at least try selling water.
DRich
DRich
December 22nd, 2020 at 11:16:43 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Warm considering whats coming tomorrow and the rest of the week
Gonna do the Downtown walk around and exercise
but
I agree with you, true warm weather is shorts weather and I'm not wearing shorts downtown today
I'm actually getting tired of this weather
I only like to ride my bike in shorts

Moving south in a few weeks for warmer weather. Got a spot in Quartzite then probably Phoenix or Tucson.

From when I lost my job in March I didn't wear pants or shoes until the start of December. I really want to live somewhere where I never need to wear long pants or shoes. Shorts and flip-flops are my desired everyday clothing.
Order from chaos
DRich
DRich
December 22nd, 2020 at 11:19:24 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Does your blood actually still circulate from all your inactivity?

I don't think so. I have always been the laziest person that I know but it is even worse now. My only activity is walking through the grocery store. I am currently wearing a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and I have a blanket over me and the house is 75 degrees. I am freezing.
Order from chaos
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
December 22nd, 2020 at 2:51:24 PM permalink

I don't think so. I have always been the laziest person that I know but it is even worse now. My only activity is walking through the grocery store. I am currently wearing a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and I have a blanket over me and the house is 75 degrees. I am freezing.

Sounds almost like my life.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: