Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 177
December 16th, 2020 at 4:33:23 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Who are these experts? Just because somebody has a high IQ, over-achieved at some left-leaning university, has a bunch of letters after their name, and has the respect of their peers, are we supposed to think they know more about the subject they've spent their life studying than the rest of us?

it's much better to go to a bar in a remote rural area, down a few, and get some good advice from the locals
and of course, follow the leaders at the most popular social media sites
they know what's going down - you don't need to have any schooling to figure this stuff out
it's plain as day

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 170
December 16th, 2020 at 4:43:47 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Recognizing your sarcastic tone... of course they know more.... but unless I know the bias and motive.... there are some really smart people with lots of letters that I certainly donít trust.

Anyway... I want the vaccine!

Betting against experts isn't necessarily a losing bet, but it is -EV overall. It's certainly not the path of a winner.

Of course, that's just my opinion. : )
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
December 16th, 2020 at 4:46:53 PM permalink
I could understand the reluctance by some younger healthy people who are unlikely to get severe symptoms to take the vaccine. A report I read said 4.6% of participants have gotten side effects including fever and chills from the vaccine, and the side effects of the vaccine were more common in the younger people than older people. Iíll probably take it but itís enough to make me think twice about it given the statistics for under 40 with no underlying for conditions. I figure it probably wonít be available for me until beginning of summer so will have some more time to learn more about amount of people suffering side effects. Or perhaps something equally effective with less side effects will be on the horizon in that timeline. A healthcare worker in Alaska was reported by multiple sources to be hospitalized under observation after suffering a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine. I for one would hope for a little more clarity on who is more at risk suffering a reaction and why rather than it just being random luck of the draw.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Dec 16, 2020
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
December 16th, 2020 at 5:20:35 PM permalink
I really hope they tie some stimulus money to getting the vaccine. I have talked to some friends that say that is the only way they will take it.
Order from chaos
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 170
December 16th, 2020 at 5:32:50 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I really hope they tie some stimulus money to getting the vaccine.

They can put a dollar bill over your arm and jab the needle through it. Happy?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
December 16th, 2020 at 5:34:59 PM permalink
Double post
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Gabes22
Gabes22
December 16th, 2020 at 5:35:03 PM permalink

I really hope they tie some stimulus money to getting the vaccine. I have talked to some friends that say that is the only way they will take it.

The amount of money I would require to persuade me to take it during this initial rollout would be an amount so significant that the Feds will never offer it.
Gabes22
Gabes22
December 16th, 2020 at 5:35:07 PM permalink
Double post
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
December 16th, 2020 at 5:35:12 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

They can put a dollar bill over your arm and jab the needle through it. Happy?

I will get it anyway but I know people that will not get it unless it is tied to money. If they do another $600 or $1200 stimulus I think that would be a great incentive for a lot of people,
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 182
December 16th, 2020 at 6:36:38 PM permalink

I will get it anyway but I know people that will not get it unless it is tied to money. If they do another $600 or $1200 stimulus I think that would be a great incentive for a lot of people,

I'm all for tieing a stimulus check to getting vaccinated. No vaccination, no stimulus. It seems like a no-brainer.

• Jump to: