Thread Rating:

RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
November 22nd, 2020 at 1:44:30 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

If you travel to Taiwan, here are the rules. This is how a country eliminates the virus.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1330287079708893184.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

I can see why you prefer to live here.
100% risk of ruin
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 80
November 22nd, 2020 at 1:53:52 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

I can see why you prefer to live here.

Not if I get sick
World class healthcare in Taiwan
3rd world healthcare in say El Paso or the Dakotas. Say you have to go to the hospital, what kind of care will you get in a overfilled hospital. Certainly not as good as a hospital in Taiwan.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 16
November 22nd, 2020 at 6:36:41 AM permalink
You know you can’t just leave that rv parked under the bridge man.
terapined
terapined
November 22nd, 2020 at 7:20:28 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

You know you can’t just leave that rv parked under the bridge man.

Why not?
Where I park is home
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
November 22nd, 2020 at 8:53:31 AM permalink

Why not?
Where I park is home

I mean if your home is a under a bridge people might think you’re a troll, and we wouldn’t want that now would we.
terapined
terapined
Thanks for this post from:
Hunterhill
November 22nd, 2020 at 9:05:25 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I mean if your home is a under a bridge people might think you’re a troll, and we wouldn’t want that now would we.

Why is posting about countries that have beat the virus is trolling?
It's a virus math thread. The math out of Taiwan is incredible, 7 deaths. USA quarter million deaths.
People should be thrilled that there are countries that beat the virus.
The roadmap is out there to grow the economy.
That's what everybody wants, a safe country with a thriving economy. That used to be the USA, now its Taiwan.
I don't want the USA to end up as a 3rd world country with crappy healthcare due to the virus overwhelming hospitals
Last edited by: terapined on Nov 22, 2020
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 238
November 22nd, 2020 at 9:56:10 AM permalink

It's a virus math thread. The math out of Taiwan is incredible, 7 deaths. USA quarter million deaths.
That's what everybody wants, a safe country with a thriving economy. That used to be the USA, now its Taiwan.
I don't want the USA to end up as a 3rd world country with crappy healthcare due to the virus overwhelming hospitals

I happened to find the link to how Taiwan does it very interesting. Thank you for posting
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
November 22nd, 2020 at 10:23:25 AM permalink

The 3rd world country part would probably qualify. In either case you led with your chin with the wherever I park it part, had to expect it. For my money they always should have left El Paso south of the wall if they build it anyway.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
November 22nd, 2020 at 10:52:56 AM permalink
Last Thanksgiving, the local VFW/AL filled 50something requests for free Thanksgiving dinners. This year they are over 125 with two days to the cutoff. The debate now is do they continue the annual toy drive or dedicate the resources to feeding families. Many of our
fellow Americans are really hurting, through no fault of their own.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
November 22nd, 2020 at 1:12:04 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Last Thanksgiving, the local VFW/AL filled 50something requests for free Thanksgiving dinners. This year they are over 125 with two days to the cutoff. The debate now is do they continue the annual toy drive or dedicate the resources to feeding families. Many of our
fellow Americans are really hurting, through no fault of their own.

And yet people are calling for more and new lockdowns. Some say "tough" to businesses forced to close.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: