Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 235
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
October 17th, 2020 at 2:57:26 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

He’s been taking a victory lap any time he can find evidence any treatment but LL might not work. Quite odd if you don’t enjoy the pandemic.

I have done research into not just LL but it's competition as part of my investment strategy.

My statement's to Hydroxychloriquine effectiveness as well as Remdesvir are based on that.

Just as I asked AZ, present scientific data that proves me wrong that Hydroxychloriquine doesn't work.

I won't argue the science.

But saying doctors feel it works isn't getting any FDA approval and that goes for LL as well.

Plenty of doctors say LL works. To confirm there are double blinded placebo trials ongoing now.

Similar trials showed Hydroxychloriquine had no demonstrable effect.

AZ has said he feels field trials are meaningless and we should just go with doctors gut feeling based on some anecdotal examples of patients who recovered (and shocking to me he also says if the drug works for Malaria it should work on anything with similar results)

This is a forum of mathematicians who won't listen to anyone with quack math but if someone spouts dubious science suddenly that's okay
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
October 17th, 2020 at 4:25:10 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I have done research into not just LL but it's competition as part of my investment strategy.

My statement's to Hydroxychloriquine effectiveness as well as Remdesvir are based on that.

Just as I asked AZ, present scientific data that proves me wrong that Hydroxychloriquine doesn't work.

Same people in OZ denying it as here.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
darkoz
October 17th, 2020 at 4:42:25 PM permalink

AZ has said he feels field trials are meaningless and we should just go with doctors gut feeling based on some anecdotal examples of patients who recovered (and shocking to me he also says if the drug works for Malaria it should work on anything with similar results)

This is a forum of mathematicians who won't listen to anyone with quack math but if someone spouts dubious science suddenly that's okay

Is there a single mathematician who wants to defend the AZ method?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
October 17th, 2020 at 4:51:09 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Is there a single mathematician who wants to defend the AZ method?

Mathematicians that believe a roulette system works, que EB lol
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
October 17th, 2020 at 5:49:53 PM permalink

And yet you cannot provide one link????

I'm supposed to believe you????

All I ask is a reasonable link to back up your claims.

If you can't provide one link to a reputable medical association finding of your claims then stop spouting those unproven claims.

PS, in the field is anecdotal evidence. Means nothing. What some doctor observed without studied placebo could mean the patient might have gotten better anyways

Having been a longtime user of chloroquine and its cousin primaquine, under orders of the U.S. Public Health Service, I was surprised to see such a strong disclaimer involving such a noteworthy “product.” Especially following the charts of barely a handful of "problems."

"11 6APPENDICES

6.1APPENDIX A.FDAADVERSE EVENT REPORTING SYSTEM (FAERS)

FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS)FAERS is a database that contains information on adverse event and medication error reports submitted to FDA. The database is designed to support FDA's postmarketing safety surveillance program for drug and therapeutic biological products. The informatic structure of the database adheres to the international safety reporting guidance issued by the International Council on Harmonisation. Adverse events and medication errors are coded to terms in the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities terminology. The suspect products are coded to valid tradenames or active ingredients in the FAERS Product Dictionary.

FAERS data have limitations. First, there is no certainty that the reported event was actually due to the product. FDA does not require that a causal relationship between a product and event be proven, and reports do not always contain enough detail to properly evaluate an event. Further, FDA does not receive reports for every adverse event or medication error that occurs with a product. Many factors can influence whether or not an event will be reported, such as the time a product has been marketed and publicity about an event. Therefore, FAERS data cannot be used to calculate the incidence of an adverse event or medication error in the U.S. population." fda
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
October 18th, 2020 at 3:10:03 PM permalink
Sweden is seeing a rise in cases
Sweden has decided in the most infected areas to give local officials the power to close places where crowds gather
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
darkoz
darkoz
October 18th, 2020 at 3:40:08 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Sweden is seeing a rise in cases
Sweden has decided in the most infected areas to give local officials the power to close places where crowds gather

England France and Italy are entering new shutdowns.

Not total yet but the virus is hitting the second wave over there it appears.

This isn't any surprise if you studied past viral plague.

The Fall is usually worse than the Spring wave in multiples.

You haven't seen nothing yet lol
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
LuckyPhow
October 18th, 2020 at 6:54:51 PM permalink

England France and Italy are entering new shutdowns....

You haven't seen nothing yet lol

England is currently seeing massive growth rate of infections, albeit from a moderate to low level. My own city saw infection rate double over the last 7 days.
Think about that... double in 7 days, quadrupal in 14 days, >16 fold increase in a month, >256 fold increase in two months.....

Mostly we are complying with social distancing, but our government is only introducing lax and trivial lock down measures. There is no sign of sufficiency in latest measures.

Hospital ICUs are filling up fast. When they are full deaths at home will rocket.
Regular elective surgeries and cancer treatments etc are getting cancelled too.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
darkoz
darkoz
October 18th, 2020 at 7:01:37 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

England is currently seeing massive growth rate of infections, albeit from a moderate to low level. My own city saw infection rate double over the last 7 days.
Think about that... double in 7 days, quadrupal in 14 days, >16 fold increase in a month, >256 fold increase in two months.....

Mostly we are complying with social distancing, but our government is only introducing lax and trivial lock down measures. There is no sign of sufficiency in latest measures.

Hospital ICUs are filling up fast. When they are full deaths at home will rocket.

Spanish Flu(American casualties only):

First wave (Spring) 75,000 dead

Second wave (early Fall) 292,000 dead

Third wave (late Fall) 250,000 dead

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat said someone famous
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
October 19th, 2020 at 3:12:21 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Except history shows that it will not get to a 16 fold increase like that. Is it is even mathematically possible?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: