Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 243
August 1st, 2020 at 8:35:30 AM permalink
Breaking

Today's Cardinals/Bruins game getting postponed after bunch of players test positive
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
August 1st, 2020 at 8:55:03 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

In Arizona, coronavirus deaths peaked at 90/day earlier in July.

Arizona State Department of Health now reports:
3 days ago: 3 deaths
2 days ago: 2 deaths
yesterday: 11 deaths
today: -1 death (yes, NEGATIVE ONE DEATH!)

So deaths are plummeting in Arizona. Our reporter in Arizona should be joyful.

I will repeat- nothing in this post was or is true.
We didn't have negative deaths, we didn't have only 14 deaths over any four day period since before the lockdown ended,and deaths are not plummeting. Nor is his claim of 100 people murdered in Chicago last weekend. .
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 27
August 1st, 2020 at 10:04:11 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Breaking

Today's Cardinals/Bruins game getting postponed after bunch of players test positive

Brewers
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
billryan
billryan
August 1st, 2020 at 10:37:42 AM permalink
Just cancel the season already.
redietz
redietz
August 6th, 2020 at 8:47:51 PM permalink
As far as hydroxychloroquine goes, this is about as definitive as it gets:

https://medium.com/@gregggonsalves/statement-from-yale-faculty-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-its-use-in-covid-19-47d0dee7b2b0
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
darkoz
darkoz
August 6th, 2020 at 9:39:02 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

As far as hydroxychloroquine goes, this is about as definitive as it gets:

https://medium.com/@gregggonsalves/statement-from-yale-faculty-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-its-use-in-covid-19-47d0dee7b2b0

It's sad that I figured all that out months ago

I posted on here that hydroxychloriquine was a disaster and got challenged on it.

Now we just have to wait for the real cure Leronlimab to be approved so the world can get back to normal
redietz
redietz
August 6th, 2020 at 10:15:55 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It's sad that I figured all that out months ago

I posted on here that hydroxychloriquine was a disaster and got challenged on it.

Now we just have to wait for the real cure Leronlimab to be approved so the world can get back to normal

I'd be hesitant to use the word "cure" right now for anything. There is no long term data, so any definition of a "cure" could refer only to the immediate effects. The way long term virus effects are being discovered, we won't know the full consequences of this disease for years.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
darkoz
darkoz
Thanks for this post from:
Joeman
August 7th, 2020 at 1:27:54 AM permalink
Quote: redietz

I'd be hesitant to use the word "cure" right now for anything. There is no long term data, so any definition of a "cure" could refer only to the immediate effects. The way long term virus effects are being discovered, we won't know the full consequences of this disease for years.

I shall use the word therapeutic.

Cure is my layman speak.

I remember when I was discussing my home invasion "robbery" the officer politely corrected me that it was a "burglary". A mistake he often encountered.

I should point out in my defense the clinical trials for Leronlimab in "mild/moderate" patients is over, is unblinded and we are awaiting results (apparently over 48,000 pieces of data to be compared).

Theoretically if approved the dose would be administered to anyone who gets mildly sick and tests positive so that they don't progress to the severe form of attack. Effectively wiping out hospitalizations from the equation.

So cure feels right even if not technically correct!
billryan
billryan
August 7th, 2020 at 9:09:25 AM permalink
New York State and NYC have now reached the very strict benchmarks they set for the return of in-classroom schooling.
New cases statewide have fallen below 1,000 or day and the positive rate is under one percent.
It was a tough battle but NY met the virus, adapted and overcame it.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 51
August 7th, 2020 at 2:04:06 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

It was a tough battle but NY met the virus, adapted and overcame it.

I agree New York apparently has reasonable control of its pandemic event. However, I hope you aren't assuming too much or speaking too soon.

New York will surprise me if its schools maintain safe-distance separation, consistent mask use, etc. Most schools don't have the required space. Fixing the safe-space problem will take time. But, there's no money, so who cares? With the follow-on recession looming before the country, currently stretched state budgets won't have funds for school modifications.

If safe-distance separation is not embraced, New York schools might create a coronavirus petri dish rather than a wholesome learning environment. Because NY has all types of communities (from rural to NYC), the state will provide a broad-based example for other states to follow (or not). I think we are yet to see whether or not New York "overcame" its battle with the virus.

But, I hope the future shows you "nailed it" with your optimistic assessment. For now, I'm taking the "under."

• Jump to: