Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
June 27th, 2020 at 2:45:28 PM permalink
Quote: UP84

True. It's tough to laugh when you're intubated.

Look how 'Dr' Foochi-Woochi lied to
us about masks. At the start he said,
nah, masks don't matter, forget about
masks. Now it's mask mask mask
out of his quackery mouth. He even
admitted he lied so there wouldn't
be a run on masks and doctors would
run out. Our Surgeon General told
the same lies, seen him around lately?

Never trust anything a doctor says
until you get it verified from at least
4 other sources. I can't count the
number of times doctors have been
wrong in the things they told me.
The first was in 1972 I needed to lose
40 pounds so I went on the new Atkins
diet. I told my doc and he went nuts,
ordering me off it and saying it would
kill me. 3 months later I had lost 50
pounds on Atkins and he fired me as
a patient, saying he wanted no part in
all the stuff that would go wrong with
me now.

I have list of quack crap from doctors.
I believe nothing they say about covid,
I want to see the actual stats when this
is all done. So far they've been mostly
wrong, the doctors. What else is new.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 235
June 27th, 2020 at 6:27:01 PM permalink
Holy crap

10,000 new cases IN FLORIDA TODAY ALONE!

Florida has now closed their beaches and bars

How is that we gotta get back to work at any cost and no mask policy going smh
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 17
June 27th, 2020 at 6:44:11 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Holy crap

10,000 new cases IN FLORIDA TODAY ALONE!

Florida has now closed their beaches and bars

DarkOz,

If you haven't read Leon Festinger's "When Prophecy Fails," now would be the time. It's a classic. The hardcore believers in getting back to work and no masks (no mas on no masks, eh?) are faced with certain states having to reverse course mightily. And it's going to get much worse. But when the bedrock of beliefs get shaken, true believers don't change their minds. They reroute their beliefs into things like all doctors lie, or we're still right -- the numbers are lies, or Texas has been taken over by Skrulls (Marvel Comics fans will get that one).

Take advantage of watching how people who are basically adhering to religious beliefs deal with disconfirming evidence. You may not get an opportunity like this the rest of your life.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
darkoz
darkoz
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
June 27th, 2020 at 7:03:22 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

DarkOz,

If you haven't read Leon Festinger's "When Prophecy Fails," now would be the time. It's a classic. The hardcore believers in getting back to work and no masks (no mas on no masks, eh?) are faced with certain states having to reverse course mightily. And it's going to get much worse. But when the bedrock of beliefs get shaken, true believers don't change their minds. They reroute their beliefs into things like all doctors lie, or we're still right -- the numbers are lies, or Texas has been taken over by Skrulls (Marvel Comics fans will get that one).

Take advantage of watching how people who are basically adhering to religious beliefs deal with disconfirming evidence. You may not get an opportunity like this the rest of your life.

I know. It's clearly being witnessed.

Now they are claiming masks are deadly. I heard that CO2 is inhaled back by mask wearing causing death.

Oh those poor surgeon's dropping dead over the operating table.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
June 27th, 2020 at 7:04:02 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Going pretty well actually. Average age of new case is 34 years. I would expect a very low mortality rate with that. We just legislate mask wearing and we will be fine. The cost of not getting back to work sooner will decimate the economy, expect another market correction due to initial irrational exuberance. Just added to the not having covid by test, all the time working hard for the government. Nice trip to Biloxi three weeks ago. Vegas last week. Enjoying the home life?? SMH
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 30
June 27th, 2020 at 7:19:56 PM permalink
It's either a voluntary lockdown or a mandatory quarantine. You can't go to the store while on quarantine.
darkoz
darkoz
June 27th, 2020 at 7:58:32 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Going pretty well actually. Average age of new case is 34 years. I would expect a very low mortality rate with that. We just legislate mask wearing and we will be fine. The cost of not getting back to work sooner will decimate the economy, expect another market correction due to initial irrational exuberance. Just added to the not having covid by test, all the time working hard for the government. Nice trip to Biloxi three weeks ago. Vegas last week. Enjoying the home life?? SMH

Lol, NY is open.

We got our Coronavirus cases down to almost nothing.

Florida and Texas are going back to lockdown. It will hit Vegas too.

Pretty soon you will have to travel to NY for your gambling

Oh wait, we instituted a 14 day quarantine to keep all the sick people out. Too bad;
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
tringlomaneOnceDearrawtuff
June 27th, 2020 at 9:09:40 PM permalink
I was watching an interview with a scientist who has traveled the world fighting infectious diseases. She compared the stupidity she is witnessing here to what she encountered fighting Ebola in African villages.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
tringlomane
June 27th, 2020 at 11:48:30 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I was watching an interview with a scientist who has traveled the world fighting infectious diseases. She compared the stupidity she is witnessing here to what she encountered fighting Ebola in African villages.

You mean when our mighty civilized civilization laughs at those primitive people who can't or won't follow or believe simple directions and go around infecting each other?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2020 at 1:25:59 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

You mean when our mighty civilized civilization laughs at those primitive people who can't or won't follow or believe simple directions and go around infecting each other?

Plus when they start believing the witch doctor and local medicine man who says masks bad, infection good(Herd immunity).

One is waiting for bloodletting and leeches to be mentioned as safe cures for Coronavirus

• Jump to: