Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 881
November 20th, 2019 at 7:33:57 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

“Put your money in a big house
get yourself a pretty wife
She‘ll collect your life insurance
then she’ll connect you with a knife”


Can we get a hint Ace?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Ace2
Ace2
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 317
November 20th, 2019 at 8:56:42 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Can we get a hint Ace?

Hair band era
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 881
November 20th, 2019 at 4:08:06 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

“Put your money in a big house
get yourself a pretty wife
She‘ll collect your life insurance
then she’ll connect you with a knife”


We can't search on this thread so I spent the day pestering my co-workers and finally found a guy who says it's "Somebody Save Me" by Cinderella. I was way off, thinking it was some funny Rat Pack song by Frank, Dino or Sammy. (I think your user image threw me off track.)

-----------------------------------------

Name this song...

Katie Casey was baseball mad
Had the fever and had it bad
Just to root for the home town crew
Every sou
Katie blew
On a Saturday her young beau
Called to see if she'd like to go
To see a show, but Miss Kate said "No
I'll tell you what you can do
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 232
  • Posts: 6579
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
November 20th, 2019 at 4:35:48 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

...-----------------------------------------

Name this song...

Katie Casey was baseball mad
Had the fever and had it bad
Just to root for the home town crew
Every sou
Katie blew
On a Saturday her young beau
Called to see if she'd like to go
To see a show, but Miss Kate said "No
I'll tell you what you can do



"Take Me Out To The Ballgame"?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 881
November 20th, 2019 at 4:47:58 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

"Take Me Out To The Ballgame"?


Ding! Ding! Correct!

Almost every American knows the famous chorus to this song but few know that it's actually about a young woman who loves baseball.



--------------------------------------

Now name these gambling songs. First an easy one...

Oh, there's blackjack and poker and the roulette wheel
A fortune won and lost on every deal
All you need's a strong heart and a nerve of steel



And here's a hard one...

So spin that wheel, cut that pack
And roll those loaded dice
Bring on the dancing girls
And put the champagne on ice
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 176
  • Posts: 3567
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
November 20th, 2019 at 5:46:25 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Quote: Ayecarumba

"Take Me Out To The Ballgame"?


Ding! Ding! Correct!

Almost every American knows the famous chorus to this song but few know that it's actually about a young woman who loves baseball.



--------------------------------------

Now name these gambling songs. First an easy one...

Oh, there's blackjack and poker and the roulette wheel
A fortune won and lost on every deal
All you need's a strong heart and a nerve of steel



And here's a hard one...

So spin that wheel, cut that pack
And roll those loaded dice
Bring on the dancing girls
And put the champagne on ice



First one is easy, second one I got no idea.

Viva Las Vegas
NO KILL I
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 881
November 20th, 2019 at 5:55:46 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

First one is easy, second one I got no idea.

Viva Las Vegas



Winner! Winner! Winner!

The unofficial official song of Las Vegas is a classic.



------------------------

Australian Rock Band
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 176
  • Posts: 3567
November 20th, 2019 at 6:03:14 PM permalink
The wicked king of clubs awoke
it was to his queen turned
his lips were laughing as they spoke
his eyes like bullets burned
the sun's upon a gambling day
his queen smiled low and blissfully
let's make some wretched fool to play
plain it was she did agree


Probably pretty easy for this crowd.

a cowboy poet
NO KILL I
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 881
November 21st, 2019 at 5:48:17 PM permalink
So spin that wheel, cut that pack
And roll those loaded dice
Bring on the dancing girls
And put the champagne on ice


From the song "Sin City" by AC/DC.


----------------------------------------

Still in play....

Quote: Mosca

The wicked king of clubs awoke
it was to his queen turned
his lips were laughing as they spoke
his eyes like bullets burned
the sun's upon a gambling day
his queen smiled low and blissfully
let's make some wretched fool to play
plain it was she did agree


Probably pretty easy for this crowd.

a cowboy poet


I have no idea on this one. The hint could be anyone from Will Rogers to Willie Nelson but ... uhhh?

------------------------------------------


And for the math wizards, name this song...

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
I understand equations both the simple and quadratical
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus
I know the scientific names of beings animalculus
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Ace2
Ace2
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 317
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
November 21st, 2019 at 5:51:23 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

We can't search on this thread so I spent the day pestering my co-workers and finally found a guy who says it's "Somebody Save Me" by Cinderella.

Correct

  • Jump to: