Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 311
  • Posts: 12275
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
September 26th, 2026 at 7:54:47 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Updating the list of WoV members we've lost. Anyone I'm missing?

Axelwolf
Steeldco (unconfirmed)
DanLubin
Perdition
Fleastiff (likely)
Moses

RIP all.
link to original post



You missed that guy I can't remember his name but he used his full name as his handle. I think he started the other gambling site and ran some gambling news.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 306
  • Posts: 21482
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
September 26th, 2026 at 7:56:43 AM permalink
Your favorite newscaster is not on the list., Yo
The older I get, the better I recall things that never happened
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 7927
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
September 26th, 2026 at 8:17:05 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Your favorite newscaster is not on the list., Yo
link to original post



Alan. I think of him every time I walk past a display of Duncan products.
May the cards fall in your favor.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 306
  • Posts: 21482
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
September 26th, 2026 at 8:33:34 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: billryan

Your favorite newscaster is not on the list., Yo
link to original post



Alan. I think of him every time I walk past a display of Duncan products.
link to original post



I wasn't being disrespectful; I couldn't think of his name. I was thinking Dick Oliver, but knew that wasn't right.
The older I get, the better I recall things that never happened
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 12801
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
September 26th, 2026 at 8:43:20 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: Dieter

Quote: billryan

Your favorite newscaster is not on the list., Yo
link to original post



Alan. I think of him every time I walk past a display of Duncan products.
link to original post



I wasn't being disrespectful; I couldn't think of his name. I was thinking Dick Oliver, but knew that wasn't right.
link to original post



Alan Mendelson. On his tombstone it says….

18 YO’S IN A ROW
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 306
  • Posts: 21482
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
September 26th, 2026 at 10:46:12 AM permalink
I often disagreed with Alan, but I admired his tenacity.
The older I get, the better I recall things that never happened
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 6177
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
September 26th, 2026 at 11:01:38 AM permalink
"Innumerate"- Alan Shank, on the TV guy.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 444
  • Posts: 31601
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
September 26th, 2026 at 12:28:29 PM permalink
This is Axles facebook page which is public information, I got permission to post this from the head moderator so don't climb down my throat about doxxing somebody. When Dan Lubin died stuff about him was posted here and this puts a face to one of our oldest and most prolific members. I'm sure Axel would not mind at all

https://www.facebook.com/tyston.bethlen/
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 7927
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
September 26th, 2026 at 12:31:55 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: Dieter

Quote: billryan

Your favorite newscaster is not on the list., Yo
link to original post



Alan. I think of him every time I walk past a display of Duncan products.
link to original post



I wasn't being disrespectful; I couldn't think of his name. I was thinking Dick Oliver, but knew that wasn't right.
link to original post



No disrespect here, either.
Yo-yos make me smile these days, especially when 9 are lined up in a row.
May the cards fall in your favor.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 241
  • Posts: 13931
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
September 26th, 2026 at 12:53:33 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Updating the list of WoV members we've lost. Anyone I'm missing?

Axelwolf
Steeldco (unconfirmed)
DanLubin
Perdition
Fleastiff (likely)
Moses

RIP all.
link to original post



Pretty sure Petroglyph. Pacomartin disappeared same day elsewhere. Don’t know if that’s related.
Sanitized for Your Protection
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 241
  • Posts: 13931
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
September 26th, 2026 at 1:06:30 PM permalink
Was going to mention someone else, but he got better.
Sanitized for Your Protection
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 15016
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
September 26th, 2026 at 3:32:24 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Was going to mention someone else, but he got better.
link to original post



I'm still here. 28 surgeries have not defeated me yet.

RIP Ty
You can't know everything, but you can know anything.
AutomaticMonkey
AutomaticMonkey
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2213
Joined: Sep 30, 2024
September 26th, 2026 at 3:45:20 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: billryan

Quote: Dieter

Quote: billryan

Your favorite newscaster is not on the list., Yo
link to original post



Alan. I think of him every time I walk past a display of Duncan products.
link to original post



I wasn't being disrespectful; I couldn't think of his name. I was thinking Dick Oliver, but knew that wasn't right.
link to original post



Alan Mendelson. On his tombstone it says….

18 YO’S IN A ROW
link to original post



Sounds like a brawl at a high school graduation.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 691
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
September 26th, 2026 at 7:37:35 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: billryan

Quote: Dieter

Quote: billryan

Your favorite newscaster is not on the list., Yo
link to original post



Alan. I think of him every time I walk past a display of Duncan products.
link to original post



I wasn't being disrespectful; I couldn't think of his name. I was thinking Dick Oliver, but knew that wasn't right.
link to original post



Alan Mendelson. On his tombstone it says….

18 YO’S IN A ROW
link to original post


No one can prove he didn’t see it.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 7927
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
September 26th, 2026 at 11:17:20 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

This is Axles facebook page which is public information, I got permission to post this from the head moderator so don't climb down my throat about doxxing somebody. When Dan Lubin died stuff about him was posted here and this puts a face to one of our oldest and most prolific members. I'm sure Axel would not mind at all

https://www.facebook.com/tyston.bethlen/
link to original post



I've been asked to share the following:

https://www.cattermolefh.com/obituary/Tyston-Bethlen

This is the funeral home that will be handling the arrangements.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Slotenthusiast
Slotenthusiast
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 147
Joined: May 10, 2023
September 26th, 2026 at 11:59:18 PM permalink
RIP.

Is Axel the one with like 2000 player cards? If so what happened to them with the pins? I wonder how many player cards are in AP circulation of people who are no longer with us.
Slotenthusiast
Slotenthusiast
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 147
Joined: May 10, 2023
September 27th, 2026 at 12:04:37 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: rxwine

Was going to mention someone else, but he got better.
link to original post



I'm still here. 28 surgeries have not defeated me yet.

RIP Ty
link to original post



lol fantastic!! Stay healthy
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 7600
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
Thanked by
Dieter
September 27th, 2026 at 12:43:59 AM permalink
Quote: Slotenthusiast

RIP.

Is Axel the one with like 2000 player cards? If so what happened to them with the pins? I wonder how many player cards are in AP circulation of people who are no longer with us.
link to original post


I don't think it was him.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Wizard
Wizard
  • Threads: 1550
  • Posts: 28381
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
September 27th, 2026 at 7:41:29 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine


Pretty sure Petroglyph. Pacomartin disappeared same day elsewhere. Don’t know if that’s related.
link to original post



I was pretty good friends with Paco in real life. He was just like his persona here -- full of facts but said little about himself. I hope he won't mind me saying that he moved to Pennsylvania and then just went silent. He was about my age but had some health issues. I tend to think death is the only thing that could silence him.

Updated list:

Confirmed:
Axelwolf
AlanMendelson
DanLubin
Perdition
Moses

Suspected:
Steeldco
Petroglyph
Pacomartin
Fleastiff
"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." -- Aristotle
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 9124
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
September 27th, 2026 at 9:59:36 AM permalink
How many died under age 60? A.Wolf died at 54. DanLubin was 56?

Moses was 63. AlanMendelson 70.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
  • Jump to: