Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 2nd, 2020 at 8:58:16 AM permalink
I really recommend COST
I'm a member
Travelling around the country in my RV, I am discovering they still have a lot of room to grow because there are still a lot of populated areas without a store. Unlike Walmart which is everywhere.
Gone up about 5% since I bought them several weeks ago
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
September 2nd, 2020 at 9:03:08 AM permalink
I did it again, in at 427.72 (I had it at 428 limit but it was already lower than that), then double the shares at 413.77 (entered limit 415 and it had already dropped). Was looking gooood until it dropped all the way to the 405s or so!

But I hung tough and put in a 421.5 order was filled nicely (this made 3.5 pts on the trade). Of course it's at 435 now. I let go of my birthright for a bowl of cold porridge. You bastards!

Meantime these two trades don't make up for how much my long term TSLA is down today. Oh well, I got to look at all that extra money for a while it wasn't really mine I guess. Now I am Committed to sticking around until 550 for the long term shares.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
September 2nd, 2020 at 9:17:11 AM permalink
One thing that is remarkable is how much TSLA is moving, up and down, even post-split. Every 1 pt. move post-split is equal to 5 pre-, cannot lose sight of that fact. Just somehow, all these traders are pushing the volume around enough to still move it substantially.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 2nd, 2020 at 9:37:53 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I really recommend COST
I'm a member
Travelling around the country in my RV, I am discovering they still have a lot of room to grow because there are still a lot of populated areas without a store. Unlike Walmart which is everywhere.
Gone up about 5% since I bought them several weeks ago

I own COST.... because of BeachBumBabs! She had me buy it for the WoV portfolio. I think I got in at around 100, so one of my best performers. As a single guy in an RV (limited space), don't you miss out on the Costco savings which are for items in bulk?

MD.... just like you buy and sell in a 'trading' account, my B in Law must have made good coin on the TSLA puts. I don't have the details, but say he bought 200 at $40 (November expiration), those are probably $80 today. And he will sell after some defined profit. He might have sold when they hit 60 as an example and made 50% in a single day. I got $510 for my 25 shares, by the way! But I will be happy, like you, when it hits $550. If I had balls like you I'd buy those 25 shares back at $440....
MDawg
MDawg
September 2nd, 2020 at 9:50:50 AM permalink
Nothing goes straight up. I mean TSLA pushed 1800 at some point and then collapsed back to, what was it? 1600s? Well for those of us who held on like you and me and didn't sell we were rewarded with a run to well over 2000 eventually.

If TSLA may pare its loss to around 10 pts today what I made trading will cover most of my long term share loss for the day.

In any case, I make much more money trading on days when the stocks dip than the days when they go straight up. And then all that money I made trading just gets banked until someday the stock itself hits a new ATH and then I have all that extra money PLUS the long term gains from the stock itself.

As far as options and such, I stopped messing with those years ago. I prefer the actual stock. If I get stuck I am able to ride it out - with options, the time decay and the hefty premium, it's hard to make any money unless there is a home run.

I'd be surprised if those puts of his were up as much as you describe already - the market makers are so greedy with their premiums and the way the time decay moves so fast against you, the stock really needs to plummet or catapult for you to make a killing. Most options expire worthless. Yes I get it that your brother in law sells well before expiration date - most everyone does.
terapined
terapined
September 2nd, 2020 at 10:14:39 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I own COST.... because of BeachBumBabs! She had me buy it for the WoV portfolio. I think I got in at around 100, so one of my best performers. As a single guy in an RV (limited space), don't you miss out on the Costco savings which are for items in bulk?

Savings in gas pays for my membership.
I only buy a few items, water, peanuts, coffee regularly.
Sometimes get sheets, cookware. Wiper blades, batteries ect as needed
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
September 2nd, 2020 at 10:24:36 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I own lots of SPY. And QQQ. And IWM. And IWN. But now with virtually no fees to trade stocks, why don't you start buying SOME individual companies? You can buy just a few hundred dollars worth to get your feet wet. I have bought literally hundreds of different companies, for reasons as silly as I liked the ticker symbol, to I knew a friend who worked for them, to I like the product they sell, to I got a tip from someone. Too long a list to give you the ones that went bankrupt.... but WAY overshadowed by the ones that went WAY up! If I bought 5 that went totally bankrupt (Enron, Comdisco, Loewen, some MJ stock, SVA) it is more than made up for by the single Peruvian bank stock, BAP, that I bought because it was a nickname I called my sister as a child. I bought 600 shares of BAP at $6 a share a few decades back. It was maybe $240 a share before the pandemic. I've sold 500 of the shares starting at $145 on the way up. So if I lost $50k on the bankrupt ones, I've made maybe $100k on this one home run.

And if you don't take my advice, you will do fine with SPY and the like!

I do own a few individual stocks, but they only comprise about 2% of my portfolio. I look at them almost like gambling.

Very few people have the time and expertise to sufficiently analyze a company and fully understand its market, competitors, financials, ongoing developments etc. Actually you need a team of analysts to do that
Last edited by: Ace2 on Sep 2, 2020
It’s all about making that GTA
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 2nd, 2020 at 11:13:36 AM permalink
Didn't somebody recommend shorting TSLA at $530 on Monday? It is currently $442.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
MDawg
MDawg
September 2nd, 2020 at 11:20:46 AM permalink
It didn't hit 530 Monday, it hit it briefly in the pre-market only, Tuesday. Soopoo was talking about puts his brother in law was going to buy on Tuesday. Options trade only in the open market, not extended hours, so the best he could have done is buying puts around 500, if he bought at the high for the day on Tuesday.

But even if SooPoo's brother in law did buy puts when it was say, 502 on Tuesday, it then dipped to around 472 and went right back to 502, so he'd have to have been both lucky and reckless to buy puts at the open and hold them past that dip (i.e. still be holding them today). I say reckless because no trader is going to watch his position get that green and then allow it to go all the way back to red, in the hopes that later on it might move towards him again.

Still, to put things in perspective...

that's from less than six months ago. Today we're also around the the same range...times X5.
DRich
DRich
September 2nd, 2020 at 12:09:02 PM permalink
Darkoz, Cytodyn has a streaming conference call in about 55 minutes.

https://78449.themediaframe.com/dataconf/productusers/cydy/mediaframe/40466/indexl.html
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
September 2nd, 2020 at 12:11:59 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Darkoz, Cytodyn has a streaming conference call in about 55 minutes.

https://78449.themediaframe.com/dataconf/productusers/cydy/mediaframe/40466/indexl.html

Thanks. I am aware
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
September 2nd, 2020 at 12:39:10 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Thanks. I am aware

Good luck!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
September 2nd, 2020 at 12:45:40 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Good luck!

I'm rolling Dem bones :)
MDawg
MDawg
September 2nd, 2020 at 7:01:28 PM permalink
So, what happened?

Let me guess - they said that everything was hunky dory and the company is on track to making billions.

Compare to TSLA, where the CEO tweets about how the stock price is too high, and it still rockets off the charts.
darkoz
darkoz
September 2nd, 2020 at 7:23:22 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

So, what happened?

Let me guess - they said that everything was hunky dory and the company is on track to making billions.

Compare to TSLA, where the CEO tweets about how the stock price is too high, and it still rockets off the charts.

Well, don't need a conference call for bad news
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 11:19:33 AM permalink
Major sell off action going on across the board.

I'm stuck in a gang of extra trading shares of AMZN at an average 2409. What's crazy is that after it dropped majorly to like 2355 or so, and I had averaged in my last lot, I entered an order to sell at 2411, to make some money and get out, and it went all the way to 2411 but got a partial fill only - 1 share. lol, one out of hundreds. How funny is that?

So some guy bot 1 of my shares, and then the bottom fell out again.

Well, the thing to do if 2411 isn't achieved later today is to RAISE the sell price some and make some serious profit on this trade on down the feeding trough - meaning, not today.

I could have made it up by adding more shares at 2345 to average in super low, because after that it climbed back to 2390s briefly, but I didn't. I don't l like to average in too many times. At some point I just let off and wait.

Everything looks easy in retrospect.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
September 3rd, 2020 at 11:39:27 AM permalink

So some guy bot 1 of my shares, and then the bottom fell out again.

Serious question to MDawg:-

'Bot': I see you using that word in many posts and I take it to mean 'got' or 'bought'. Is this some trading term like 'hodl' that this Limey is just not familiar with, or some regional variation in spelling? Or something else?

Thanks.
OD
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
OnceDear
September 3rd, 2020 at 11:43:37 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Serious question to MDawg:-

'Bot': I see you using that word in many posts and I take it to mean 'got' or 'bought'. Is this some trading term like 'hodl' that this Limey is just not familiar with, or some regional variation in spelling? Or something else?

Thanks.
OD

He's just testing you to see if you can "read the flow of the letters" and draw the right conclusions. It's a gift. Not everyone can do it. At least not well.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 12:29:06 PM permalink
BOT
Used on transaction slips to indicate the side of a trade in which securities are bought. Compare SLD.

For example I just bot 200 sh of AMZN @ 3325 to see if it would go somewhere. I entered the original sell order at 3338 but when that seemed overambitious, I bailed at 3327. (Prior I was toying with the idea of buying shares at 3335, but bailed on that idea...luckily.) It's at 3307 now, so would seem that I did the right thing by dumping at 3327 for 2 pts profit, but it may pop before the bell. Anyway, I made a few bucks on that trade, didn't lose anyway.

Meantime I'm losing my arse (to use the British expression :-) on the AMZN trading shares at average 3409. Been here, and much worse, before, not overly worried. It'll go back over 3400 eventually, but not today.

That's the thing with AMZN - you wind up on the wrong side of it and you had better have the buying power to average in more shares and really be able to ride it out. Not for the weak hearted, or those with shallow pockets.
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 12:44:21 PM permalink
BTW, just so that the few (like AxelWolf...who come in with their inane "more fake stock talk" snide remarks) know that none of this is fake, and that real dollars really are at stake, here's a photo of the iPhone itself with the same trades on it. All of this is as real as may be.

On a day like today, now down a fair amount still on the trade from earlier today, I almost wish it were fake! It's not.

But look - see - AMZN is at 3338 now - my original target on those shares. My original intuition is usually RIGHT ON.*** And that's how they get you - the price drops to well below where you intended to sell, you lose your nerve, and you sell lower. However, I never lose my nerve to sell at a loss. I sometimes, like I just did, lower my sell price, but never below my buy. You can't make money buying high selling low!

Now 3346. Sold my birthright for a bowl of cold porridge!

But nevertheless, if the damn stock may close in at least the 3350s, that won't look so very bad for a pop back above 3400 tomorrow, or at least next week, which will close out my currently losing trade from earlier today at a profit.

*** On the other hand, if I had entered my sell earlier for the other trade, at 2410 versus 2411, I may well have gotten a full fill and not just 1 measly share. Still, the reason I got a partial is because I was holding a fair amount of shares. When the algos or little punk Robin Hood traders see someone trying to sell too many shares at a certain price, they literally line up in front of you at .01 lower just to steal the trade from you, and that is part of why larger share transactions are harder to fill - because so many other traders, all small time, jump in front of you.

With AMZN now in the 3300s, even a couple hundred shares is over a half million worth, and not too many traders may buy and hold 200-300 shares of AMZN long term without going into margin (I buy with all cash I do not use margin) they lack the buying power.
Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 3, 2020
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 1:07:48 PM permalink
Not too bad, we closed in the 3360s and they seem to be buying it into the 3370s in the A.H.

I may raise the sell order on the other larger trade from today to 2420s or so. The theory is that once it makes it all the way back to 2411, it should go further. The theory is that this day trade has now become a swing trade, and I deserve more money for having to wait so long before I book a profit. There are all sorts of theories lol. The one that ends up making you money is the right theory.  😃 

But you see how I booked $400. to get the hell out of a trade because it was looking so iffy, that could have made me ten grand if I had ridden it to the end of the market, literally just minutes later? That sort of thing happens ALL the time - but as long as I book a profit in the end, which I always do, I'm satisfied.

And in the meantime my long term shares await the next ATH for the given stock.
Ace2
Ace2
Thanked by
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 1:23:15 PM permalink

This photo would look better if it included a $100k watch, Lamborghini keys and huge pile of cash
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 2:49:22 PM permalink
Of course...but the picture was simply to make / back up a specific point, not just random showing off.

Anyway, not the first time recently that I've been stuck in a trade [Aug 4]

I got stuck in some trading AMZN shares yesterday that I was able to sell today at a profit - crazy, AMZN was -19 in the pre and is now almost +50.

and not the last either.
OnceDear
OnceDear
September 3rd, 2020 at 4:12:51 PM permalink

BOT
Used on transaction slips to indicate the side of a trade in which securities are bought. Compare SLD.

Thanks. Makes sense now.

Quote:

... average in more shares and really be able to ride it out. Not for the weak hearted, or those with shallow pockets.

As I've said Dollar cost averaging = Marty for Stock traders. Good luck with that.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 4:17:06 PM permalink
It really doesn't matter, on this subject, what anyone says or thinks, OnceDear...all good stock investors and good traders average in. This is what you are SUPPOSED to do. Anyone who is in the market will tell you this, you always average in, whether on the way up or down. You should never buy all of your intended shares in one shot. There are no exceptions to this rule.

As far as "Good luck with that" - I don't need luck with the industry leaders I buy. The market takes care of me.
Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 3, 2020
MDawg
MDawg
September 3rd, 2020 at 4:23:23 PM permalink
Right now we have a bloodbath going on in the A.H. though - what started off green is now deeply red as futures drop.

Still, it's all relative. We made boatloads of money lately, now we might need to give some back (on paper) until the next big leg up. When stocks are going up people think they will never drop and when they are going down people think they will never rise. The truth is in between.
MDawg
MDawg
September 4th, 2020 at 8:52:34 AM permalink
There's good news, and there's bad news.

The bad news...I was going to pull the trigger on enough shares when AMZN was -50 in the pre-, that if I had, I would have averaged in enough to get me to an average of about 3361 such that I could have exited the entire trade I'm stuck in from yesterday at a profit when AMZN jumped initially to the 3380s, before collapsing again. But I didn't. I didn't enter any very early trades things just looked too iffy to me. (Everything looks easy in retrospect.)

But the good is that I did a "little" side trade (about a million worth of AMZN) at 3208 which seemed absurdly low. Of course it first dumped all the way to about 3111 leaving me staring at about a $29K loss for a bit there. I had entered a sell order at 3218, but I punked out and lowered it to 3211, which eventually...filled. I'm telling ya' I do NOT book losers I hang in there if I need to. Of course it's much higher now I should have Raised not lowered my sell after AMZN clawed its way back over 3200, but booking nine hunny versus losing twenty-nine K is a victory of sorts. Of course it's pushing 3250 now so I left about, mmm, twelve grand on the table. I had a feeling it would pop like that but who the h. has the resolve to get greedy after your entry position drops -97 pts! A win is still a win.

Meantime though I need AMZN, eventually, to get back over 3400 (provided I don't average in more shares to lower my basis) to allow the trade from yesterday I remain stuck in, to close at a profit.
MDawg
MDawg
September 4th, 2020 at 9:15:54 AM permalink
I also sold some trading shares of TSLA I got stuck in at 420 yesterday at 426 today. Minor victory too. My long term TSLA shares remain.

NFLX looked very good below 500. I did not act on it, but I've had long term NFLX since 2010-2011, so I'm fine there. I do trade additional shares occasionally.

Basically, when I'm voluble, that means things are good. Or better anyway. 🚣🏼‍♀️
MDawg
MDawg
September 6th, 2020 at 7:56:55 AM permalink

It really doesn't matter, on this subject, what anyone says or thinks, OnceDear...all good stock investors and good traders average in. This is what you are SUPPOSED to do. Anyone who is in the market will tell you this, you always average in, whether on the way up or down. You should never buy all of your intended shares in one shot. There are no exceptions to this rule.

As far as "Good luck with that" - I don't need luck with the industry leaders I buy. The market takes care of me.

Averaging in really does work - but, you must actually do it, not just think about it.

My trade from last Thursday put me into some extra AMZN trading shares at average 3408. At some point later the same day, as noted above, I entered some more shares at 3325 and because it dipped so low below that, I gave up and sold at 3327 for a mere 2 pt. profit. If I had held just that little trade alone, AMZN popped so much between the close and the A.H., all the way to the mid to high 3380s, I could have gotten out of that over all trade including the prior 3408 shares at a profit.

The next morning, AMZN was at -52 twice, once in the pre-, and once right around the start of trading. Then it popped something like 70 points. If I had averaged in at either time anywhere near the bottom, I could have gotten out of that over all trade from the day before at a profit easily. And then again later, I got in at 3208, and just that trade alone, if I had held it and not let go for just a few points at 3211, given that it popped all the way to 3320s or so, would also easily have released me from the prior day's over all trade at a profit.

So it wasn't just that I COULD have booked a profit on that Thursday 3408 average trade by averaging into it later, it was that I actually entered positions that WOULD have allowed me to book an over all profit had I held these add-in trades just a bit longer.

Averaging in works - or rather, can work, if you let it.

But, the fact is, we don't have a crystal ball and a risk/benefit analysis of averaging in more shares leads us sometimes to lose our nerve and not always average in more shares when we should have, or to average in and not hold long enough for it to save the entire trade. But still, averaging in works, and is what is expected from any skilled stock investor or trader. It is de rigueur to not enter your entire intended position at once in any investment or trade - you can't always assume that your first dart is going to be at the best entry point.

To simplify, if you buy 100 shares at 100, and 100 shares later at 80, that is no different from buying 200 at 90.

Another key difference between averaging in with stocks and Martingale in gambling, is that with each doubled gambling bet the odds remain the same, they do not improve, but the amount risked increases, just to win the same amount of money as you might have won with your first bet.

With stock averaging, yes, the amount risked also increases, but the odds of success improve - in that the price and distance the stock needs to travel to bring you back into the green decrease.

Let's even look at DarkOz. I believe that he kept averaging in such that his average now is around four dollars and change with CYDY. Well, the stock is now at or around $4. even after the A.H. drop for CYDY on Friday. Now, WHY he had a double when it was around $8. for a few minutes (assuming he had a double, I am not sure) and did not sell, and instead watched it drop all the way back down to under three dollars, I cannot say, but even in his case with a dicey OTCBB stock like CYDY his averaging in now has him at or near break even. What he chooses to do with that fact that he is now back to even, will decide his future fate. But nonetheless averaging in worked for him, so far.
Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 6, 2020
darkoz
darkoz
September 6th, 2020 at 9:24:50 AM permalink

Let's even look at DarkOz. I believe that he kept averaging in such that his average now is around four dollars and change with CYDY. Well, the stock is now at or around $4. even after the A.H. drop for CYDY on Friday. Now, WHY he had a double when it was around $8. for a few minutes (assuming he had a double, I am not sure) and did not sell, and instead watched it drop all the way back down to under three dollars, I cannot say, but even in his case with a dicey OTCBB stock like CYDY his averaging in now has him at or near break even. What he chooses to do with that fact that he is now back to even, will decide his future fate. But nonetheless averaging in worked for him, so far.

Close.

I'm averaged in at $3.94.

I don't understand why you keep asking why I don't sell when I have explained already numerous times.

I believe in the product. The product will help end the crisis of Coronavirus pandemic, AIDS, NASH and Cancer (end the crisis by making those diseases no longer so deadly or difficult to manage)

The drug is rapidly approaching FDA approval.

So to give you an analogy you might understand if you had invested in Tesla because you believed in their product and then just days before they released their first car, you sold all your stock because you had locked in a profit?

Would that make sense?

Then if the car becomes a billion dollars best seller you "sold the boat" already or have to buy it at back at a higher price
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
September 8th, 2020 at 4:49:35 AM permalink
Looks like you are stuck in that Tesla trade for awhile now. Not getting added to the S&P 500 so bunch of institutions dumping them I would think. Future price down 10%.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
RogerKint
September 8th, 2020 at 5:02:14 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Looks like you are stuck in that Tesla trade for awhile now. Not getting added to the S&P 500 so bunch of institutions dumping them I would think. Future price down 10%.

Don't worry. I'm sure MDawg sold Friday at 3pm.

He never loses
MDawg
MDawg
September 8th, 2020 at 6:16:27 AM permalink
The last TSLA trade I did was end of last week 420 to 426. My long term TSLA remains but my adjusted basis on those is something like 37 so those aren't at issue. Not really thinking about that today. TSLA actually closed in the green in Germany yesterday so the S&P snub isn't what is tanking it or the rest of the market today.

The trade I am stuck in is for the additional AMZN shares from Thursday. I have a lowball order in to average in a lot more shares at 3135, but that might be so low that I'll get nothing. I'm not going to average in more shares today unless things really tank. If things look more dicey I might even cancel that bid entirely or lower it though. Typically when AMZN is this far down in the pre- it runs straight up, at least for a while, from the gate, but today might not be typical.

Futures were actually quite positive last night all the way around including Nasdaq futures, but this news that trade wars with China are back on the menu ("decoupling" comment from WH Press conference) is rattling markets.
MDawg
MDawg
September 8th, 2020 at 6:35:59 AM permalink
Okay well that was helpful. I may just have to hold these new 3135 shares see where they go.
MDawg
MDawg
September 8th, 2020 at 6:42:05 AM permalink
Out at 3185 on those shares. Fifty f'ing points. I'm not usually that greedy on a trade but desperate times call for desperate measures. Didn't solve the problem from Thursday, but it sure helped!

Now the thing to do is to AVOID trading for the rest of the day or else one is liable to give it all back.

Going to turn off the computer and do something else for a while.
OnceDear
OnceDear
September 8th, 2020 at 7:12:31 AM permalink

Don't worry. I'm sure MDawg sold Friday at 3pm.
He never loses

Minor hijack, but making a related point:-
In my blog, I sometimes post about long streaks of winning sessions, as many as 34 consecutive winning sessions and a nice closing profit. I'm currently in another great streak, having won a trivial £50 or more, on each of my 41 most recent consecutive online sessions. Not One Losing session since mid June and a profit of >£2.4k.

That's the gospel truth and I can prove it.

Hit and run, careful money management*: Always book a profit!*

BUT, besides lucky, there's another applicable description: Selective reporting I seldom post about the days where I lose my arse because it displeases and embarrasses me. Well, actually I don't care how others judge my recreational play.

Selective reporting... It's an easy trick!

You don't get to see the carnage before or after these sessions $:o)
*I do mess with progressive wagering for fun, and I can easily afford it.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Sep 8, 2020
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
September 8th, 2020 at 8:30:14 AM permalink
You know, I won 17 consecutive spread wagers once in a public contest. If I ignore the quite-a-few times in actual wagering that I lost eight in a row or nine out of 10, I could give the Prez a run for self love. Did not win the contest, by the way. Went 66-34 and finished second. Winner take all, of course.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
DRich
DRich
September 8th, 2020 at 11:30:34 AM permalink
Cytodyn up 12% today. Darkoz may become a billionaire.
terapined
terapined
September 8th, 2020 at 1:06:43 PM permalink
Is now a good time to buy Tesla?
darkoz
darkoz
September 8th, 2020 at 1:10:07 PM permalink

I'm glad I didn't listen to MDawg advise two weeks ago
terapined
terapined
September 8th, 2020 at 1:11:11 PM permalink

I'm glad I didn't listen to MDawg advise two weeks ago

I just dipped my toe in
I had to, its down 21%
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
September 8th, 2020 at 1:28:26 PM permalink
Highly speculative and fundamentals would say absurdly overvalued, even at its current price.

Looks like the biggest, or one of the bigger, Institutional Holders also cut its stake by a third, but that could just be taking some profits. It has soared since the beginning of the year and is a highly volatile stock, in general.

Well, lines almost never go straight up. In my extremely ill-informed opinion, I'd presently want nothing to do with this stock. Just WAY too overvalued, from a fundamental standpoint.

Another thing for novices, amateurs and spectators (like me) out there, volatile stocks that tend to move with the broader market will often do a super exaggerated version of whatever the broader market is doing. In this case, the S&P 500 didn't want much to do with the stock simply because of how volatile it is.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
RogerKint
September 8th, 2020 at 1:52:38 PM permalink
Just an observation.

Tesla down $88

Tesla had 5:1 stock split just a couple weeks ago so really it's down $440 pre-split.

I hope we get today's investment report :)
Mission146
Mission146
September 8th, 2020 at 2:05:48 PM permalink

Just an observation.

Tesla down $88

Tesla had 5:1 stock split just a couple weeks ago so really it's down $440 pre-split.

I hope we get today's investment report :)

Six and a half dozen. It closed today at 330.21, which is the equivalent of 1651.05 pre-split. The percentages are just the percentages.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MDawg
MDawg
September 8th, 2020 at 3:02:10 PM permalink
You'll never get to be a big boy without holding past where you think the top is - because you never know where the top is. Even the fifty grand I made on that one AMZN trade this morning only made up about 6% of what my long terms dropped today. Which sounds terrible to "lose" that much in one day, but it's all paper and I'm up far more for the year. But in the scheme of things, you can't market time just ride it out, until the next big leg up.

All that happens during these panics is that the small fry who were overextended get wiped out and the remaining rise higher than ever on their dead carcases. Long term we'll be fine, just as I said we'd be in April.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 8th, 2020 at 3:31:25 PM permalink
The 25 shares i sold at $510 last week..... I just bought 30 shares back at $340. I see down to $330. I plan on selling those next time it hits $400. Hopefully not after 2025.....

Also bought TLRY on recommendation from B in Law. Dropped like a stone as soon as I bought! I'm in at $5.80. Think it fell to $5.50 right after I bought it!
MDawg
MDawg
September 8th, 2020 at 3:35:33 PM permalink
340 is a good entry point let's hope. Family member bot quite a bit at that price today.
Ace2
Ace2
September 8th, 2020 at 7:05:00 PM permalink

We will know the answer 15 years from now

Could be the best or worst investment you ever made
OnceDear
OnceDear
September 9th, 2020 at 1:29:20 AM permalink

340 is a good entry point let's hope. Family member bot quite a bit at that price today.

Presumably you discussed the share with them? Did they buy, partially based on your opinion, after you extolled the share's virtue?
Mission146
Mission146
September 9th, 2020 at 5:51:37 AM permalink
Greetings, greetings!

With so many gamblers getting into stocks for the first time with casinos closed, including more than one AP I personally know, I decided to write a pretty basic article on investing, trading and investing v. trading.

https://wizardofvegas.com/articles/playing-the-pennies-stocks/

I want to emphasize that the information is this article is very rudimentary and should NOT constitute actual trading advice. This article is for entertainment and educational purposes only.

It's also meant to warn people off of the penny stocks, particularly in the OTC Markets...which I do by highlighting a particular company that's actually on the NASDAQ and showing the manipulation games that company gets away with...pretty much for years now. The point being: If they can get away with that on the NASDAQ, then what can people get away with on less strictly regulated OTC markets?

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys. Again, I would point out to any sophisticated investors/traders here that I am absolutely not a sophisticated investor/trader AND that this article is intended to be very basic.
  • Jump to: