Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
May 29th, 2019 at 10:10:01 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Notice the rage they have if they are forced to see the ultrasound, or whatever the new imaging is called.
I still stick with life begins at conception.

Notice the rage when someone is "forced" to participate in an unnecessary procedure as part of someone else's agenda. Guess you don't get it.

There's some legitimate reasons to use a ultrasound, but no legitimate reason to force women to have them before every abortion or to view them.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 241
May 30th, 2019 at 2:33:35 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Maybe posters would feel less frustration with you if your arguments didnt include s lot of untrue statements

Like stating abortion is legal right up till birth. I dont know anywhere in the US at least where this is true.

True in at least 7 states. And I guess you never heard of "partial birth abortion?" Read the entire article before you complain about the source, it is very balanced.

Maybe you would "feel less frustration" if you knew the facts before complaining about me posting them. Several lefties here get upset when I make a statement that is true but uncomfortable to them. Life starting at conception, feminists celebrating abortion. CA not paying their fair share of taxes. All true, and I showed how. But the truth does not fit the narrative, so you get mad at me?

Quote:

And why the hell do you care what happens in Russia. Your knowledge of russian abortion laws seem hilarious to me when you are such s trump supporter (hint: collusion and fake American divisive profiles run by russians)

Because it is pointing out an example of how a high abortion rate is a sign of a sickly society. You know, showing an example to make a point? Russian society is in decline by almost every measure. So it is worth pointing out the symptoms they show, eg high abortion rate, high drunkenness, etc. so we can look at our own society. It is a use of science.

Quote:

Seriously forget nathan and Kentry. Has anyone on this forum actually met AZ?

Several have. Why do you ask?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 2:38:41 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Notice the rage when someone is "forced" to participate in an unnecessary procedure as part of someone else's agenda. Guess you don't get it.

There's some legitimate reasons to use a ultrasound, but no legitimate reason to force women to have them before every abortion or to view them.

I would figure an untrasound is very necessary if you are going to stick a device into a womb and rip the baby into pieces. If no other reason so you know where to aim. I would also figure the woman needs to be informed about the procedure and how it will work. Really, isn't it the same as showing an X-Ray if you had a broken arm?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 30th, 2019 at 3:06:29 AM permalink

I would figure an untrasound is very necessary if you are going to stick a device into a womb and rip the baby into pieces.

You’d figure wrong.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
Face
May 30th, 2019 at 3:29:36 AM permalink

True in at least 7 states. And I guess you never heard of "partial birth abortion?" Read the entire article before you complain about the source, it is very balanced.

Maybe you would "feel less frustration" if you knew the facts before complaining about me posting them. Several lefties here get upset when I make a statement that is true but uncomfortable to them. Life starting at conception, feminists celebrating abortion. CA not paying their fair share of taxes. All true, and I showed how. But the truth does not fit the narrative, so you get mad at me?

Because it is pointing out an example of how a high abortion rate is a sign of a sickly society. You know, showing an example to make a point? Russian society is in decline by almost every measure. So it is worth pointing out the symptoms they show, eg high abortion rate, high drunkenness, etc. so we can look at our own society. It is a use of science.

Several have. Why do you ask?

AZ, you asked me to read the entire article and I did. Including many of the comments at the bottom which sprinkled amongst the outrage included some with the common sense I am about to discuss.

I ask only that you now read the entire article here https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/addressing-new-yorks-new-abortion-law/

I looked up the nys law since that was the "horror" of the article. I did not look up other states. While the article reported truth, it left out details in an effort to deceive.

First - the new law says abortion can be performed only at the discretion of health professionals AND if either the womans life is in danger from completing the pregnancy or the life of the baby is not viable.

This means a mother about to give birth has NO CHOICE to ask for an abortion if she wants one at a late stage. Get it? This is not a pro-choice law nor position.

Forcing a woman to carry a child that medically is determined will die immediately after birth is some kind of cruel to me. But hey you dont believe scientists with global warming so you probably dont believe doctors. Especially doctors who might abort since they must be democrats?

Second - whoo boy this one is such a biggie that its almost an outright lie to have left this out of the article

I understand a non-medical person not understanding "abortion procedures" but the article I give explains better.

You see with late term abortions (as opposed to early term abortions) the baby is NOT killed then removed!!!

It is removed first. According to the NY law the baby after removal MUST BE PROTECTED just like the life of any human being IF it lives on its own.

Gee what a concept? up to birth the baby may be removed for health reasons AND if the baby lives.... then its kept alive.

Who could have imagined such a humane law?

More scary, why would right-wingers assume "abortion" means child death? Why would they have some image of a baby removed from the womb and when it still breathes a doctor takes a hammer and beats its skull in?

Finally your article spouts some mumbo jumbo about how the wording is ambiguous so that someone other thsn a doctor may perform late term abortions. I find this misleading. If a law is worded wrong there is always a possibility. But if someone unqualified to do the procedure tries it I have confidence the spirit of the law will be upheld and some legal translation a Christian website provides wont suffice.
Last edited by: darkoz on May 30, 2019
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 4:32:58 AM permalink
Some of quote snipped for readability.

AZ, you asked me to read the entire article and I did. Including many of the comments at the bottom which sprinkled amongst the outrage included some with the common sense I am about to discuss.

I ask only that you now read the entire article here https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/addressing-new-yorks-new-abortion-law/

Read it. Still does not change the shall we call it "celebration mode" of many on the left. You cannot claim a movement wants abortion to be "safe, legal, and rare" when they celebrate relaxed abortion laws and put up signs proclaiming their state allows abortions.

I do not have the time or desire to go over a law point by point. Yes, the law cleans up some language. But "threatens life/health of the mother" can be used as a loophole wide enough to drive a cement truck through.

Quote:

Gee what a concept? up to birth the baby may be removed for health reasons AND if the baby lives.... then its kept alive.

Who could have imagined such a humane law?

More scary, why would right-wingers assume "abortion" means child death? Why would they have some image of a baby removed from the womb and when it still breathes a doctor takes a hammer and beats its skull in?

Because the pro-abortion movement wants what is called "partial birth abortion" to be legal. This is where a breach-birth is induced and then all but the head is delivered. Then a cut is made below the base of the skull. Then the baby's brains are sucked out. Does that seem humane and OK to you? It does to them!

I am not quite sure how a discussion that started a day ago about life begins at conception gets to debating a NY law.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Face
May 30th, 2019 at 4:53:40 AM permalink

Some of quote snipped for readability.

I do not have the time or desire to go over a law point by point. Yes, the law cleans up some language. But "threatens life/health of the mother" can be used as a loophole wide enough to drive a cement truck through.

If you refuse to examine the law point by point then you just lost your argument

Sorry, you dont get to espouse your beliefs without doing the research. No one here will take you seriously again.

The reason you dont have the time is obvious. The law makes sense and is not what you want to hear because it makes your arguments worthless.

Your concern over people finding loopholes is touching. But that can also be cleaned up if it occurs. You dont eliminate a law because of a loophole. You fix it if necessary.
darkoz
darkoz
May 30th, 2019 at 4:57:18 AM permalink

I am not quite sure how a discussion that started a day ago about life begins at conception gets to debating a NY law.

Because you gave a link to a story about NY passing a new abortion law.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 5:09:08 AM permalink

If you refuse to examine the law point by point then you just lost your argument

Sorry, you dont get to espouse your beliefs without doing the research. No one here will take you seriously again.

The reason you dont have the time is obvious. The law makes sense and is not what you want to hear because it makes your arguments worthless.

Your concern over people finding loopholes is touching. But that can also be cleaned up if it occurs. You dont eliminate a law because of a loophole. You fix it if necessary.

Not at all. My position is life begins at conception. All the laws in the world do not change this. Laws cannot change science. I have done the research there. I have proven the pro-abortion forces celebrate abortion. No law changes that, either.
darkoz
darkoz
May 30th, 2019 at 5:23:45 AM permalink

Not at all. My position is life begins at conception. All the laws in the world do not change this. Laws cannot change science. I have done the research there. I have proven the pro-abortion forces celebrate abortion. No law changes that, either.

You didnt prove it
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 5:33:09 AM permalink

You didnt prove it

Yes, I did. You just refuse to believe it.
darkoz
darkoz
May 30th, 2019 at 7:23:00 AM permalink

Yes, I did. You just refuse to believe it.

No you didnt.

Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
ams288
May 30th, 2019 at 7:36:23 AM permalink
This thread has turned into an abortion. Can someone break all the abortion nonsense into its own thread before someone else gets Nathaned for "hijacking"?
Last edited by: MaxPen on May 30, 2019
darkoz
darkoz
May 30th, 2019 at 8:23:24 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

This thread has turned into an abortion.

And yet it still lives.

Must be a late term abortion
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
RS
May 30th, 2019 at 8:42:46 AM permalink

This thread has turned into an abortion. Can someone break all the abortion nonsense into its own thread before someone else gets Nathaned for "hijacking"?

No real need. Look at the post above. No need to continue.
darkoz
darkoz
May 30th, 2019 at 9:18:20 AM permalink

Ok lets go back to the election

However abortion rights especially with the supreme court issues are a part of election discussion.

So as a dem I would vote for one Republican if he ran against trump.

Hamash for president
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
Steverinostringlomanedarkoz
May 30th, 2019 at 9:52:43 AM permalink

I have proven the pro-abortion forces celebrate abortion.

Big thanks to darkoz for saving me the trouble earlier. Now I've the time to nail this. Might help, might not, but understanding... blah blah blah.

This comes with a big trigger warning.

I absolutely would consider myself one who would "celebrate" abortion, just as I'd roll thru a Brady campiagn rally sportin' a Gadsden cape when their laws get struck down. The former is a celebration of killing babies no more than the latter is a celebration of shooting children. It's a celebration of FREEDOM to live and make choices about YOUR life, as opposed to having omnipotent moral busybodies helicopter parenting you for your own good.

I think this might come down to no more than personal experience. I can only assume with your myriad mentions of MGTOW, you've never been party to or been involved with someone facing this choice. Could be wrong, but...well, lemme just get to the business...

***TRIGGER**

I've had the... fortune to become a healer. What I mean is that for some reason, despite my misanthropy and general asocial reclusion, I make people comfortable. I'm a nurturing dude, ya know? But because of this, I've been made privy to horrors that a man of my education and skill set simply cannot f#$%ing handle.

The number of rape and sexual assault stories I've had to endure positively beggars belief. It is the exact reason I made no comment public or private when Babs shared her story. It was not ignorance or apathy what kept me quiet, it was... quite frankly it was the LACK OF SHOCK that shocked me into silence. A story like that has become commonplace for me. Help me Jesus, it's almost become normalized.

These women I know, they are not acquaintances, not bit players in a third hand story I heard. Nor is this some kind of support group or other machination to condense victims to where I'm guaranteed to run into one. No. These are women who I've LOVED, in one way or another, and have been intricate, intimate parts of my life. And in all the stories, none are related. They are literally a random sampling, and to hear as much as I have... it makes me a certain way.

A few were similar to Babs. Drugged at a party. Not "over did it", not "didn't watch themselves". They were assaulted. And I use "they" because it's not one or even two. Drugged at a party and raped by a guy. Drugged at a party and raped by several guys. Drugged at a bar and left in a Buffalo back alley in the dead of February. These are not examples pulled from cable news, they are examples from my very life. And abortion was involved in more than none of them.

Sad to say but that's not even the worst. Imagine the woman you love being raped at just 10 f#$%ing years old. Imagine it happening from a family member. Imagine her having to, at ten years old, gather the courage to speak out. Imagine speaking out resulting in her being called a liar. Imagine at ten years old needing to understand sexuality and temptation, because YOU, at ten mother#$%ig years old, are the only thing keeping him off your 6yr old sister, which you can only manage to accomplish some of the time.

This is not tales from the pro-choice pit. This is MY FU#$NG LIFE, people I f#$%ing love. And yes, 10-11yr olds, they can get pregnant too.

Now put yourself in any place you're comfortable in this mess and pretend you're there. Really think about the horrors I just shared, and imagine you taking a 10, 12, 20yr old girl who just went through this and forcing her to look at the fetus via ultrasound. Force her to listen to the heartbeat. Force her to carry the fetus to term as it ravages her body around her. Force her to endure verbiage that kinda, sorta, makes her feel like what she's doing is wrong.

The very thought... it fills my mouth with the taste of blood. The amount of physical damage I would cause a person confronting a loved one of mine in this manner would change criminal law itself. It is monstrosity nearly on par with the act itself, and I say this with no hyperbole whatsoever. It is MONSTROUS.

So you are goddamned right I "celebrate" abortion. I celebrate that some f#$%wit pol with likely an abortion or two under his own belt isn't going to tell me how to live. I celebrate that far right Christian conservatism stays with the far right Christian Conservatives. I celebrate that ignorance or belief that this is all a personal responsibility problem has been defeated, and celebrate that in one of the most hurtful and harmful moments in a young woman's life, we have destroyed an entire section of that very horror.

You are goddamned right I celebrate.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 30th, 2019 at 10:04:04 AM permalink

I have proven the pro-abortion forces celebrate abortion. No law changes that, either.

There are virtually no "pro-abortion forces". It is entirely a matter of criminalize abortion or keep it legal opinions. Coming up with nonsense like this would be the same as focusing on the furthest fringes of the criminalize abortion side who celebrate when the mother dies during an unsafe procedure as some sort of righteous punishment.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 10:11:04 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

There are virtually no "pro-abortion forces". It is entirely a matter of criminalize abortion or keep it legal opinions. Coming up with nonsense like this would be the same as focusing on the furthest fringes of the criminalize abortion side who celebrate when the mother dies during an unsafe procedure as some sort of righteous punishment.

Sorry, but there are. Watch the video I posted recently. Watch the "you go girl" mentality of this crowd. Dancing thru a memorial to aborted babies made by peaceful protestors? Or the feminists who scream "keep your hands off my uterus, I'm not a baby-machine!"

Plenty of them out there. But I am done pointing out the hard truth for the moment.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
tringlomane
May 30th, 2019 at 10:17:42 AM permalink

Well you are the only one it makes sense to.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."

So the unborn are not citizens nor subjects of the United States. Sounds like you are saying only people that have been born have rights. Many here agree with you.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Face
May 30th, 2019 at 10:20:52 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Big thanks to darkoz for saving me the trouble earlier. Now I've the time to nail this. Might help, might not, but understanding... blah blah blah.

This comes with a big trigger warning.

I absolutely would consider myself one who would "celebrate" abortion, just as I'd roll thru a Brady campiagn rally sportin' a Gadsden cape when their laws get struck down. The former is a celebration of killing babies no more than the latter is a celebration of shooting children. It's a celebration of FREEDOM to live and make choices about YOUR life, as opposed to having omnipotent moral busybodies helicopter parenting you for your own good.

I think this might come down to no more than personal experience. I can only assume with your myriad mentions of MGTOW, you've never been party to or been involved with someone facing this choice. Could be wrong, but...well, lemme just get to the business...

***TRIGGER**

I've had the... fortune to become a healer. What I mean is that for some reason, despite my misanthropy and general asocial reclusion, I make people comfortable. I'm a nurturing dude, ya know? But because of this, I've been made privy to horrors that a man of my education and skill set simply cannot f#$%ing handle.

The number of rape and sexual assault stories I've had to endure positively beggars belief. It is the exact reason I made no comment public or private when Babs shared her story. It was not ignorance or apathy what kept me quiet, it was... quite frankly it was the LACK OF SHOCK that shocked me into silence. A story like that has become commonplace for me. Help me Jesus, it's almost become normalized.

These women I know, they are not acquaintances, not bit players in a third hand story I heard. Nor is this some kind of support group or other machination to condense victims to where I'm guaranteed to run into one. No. These are women who I've LOVED, in one way or another, and have been intricate, intimate parts of my life. And in all the stories, none are related. They are literally a random sampling, and to hear as much as I have... it makes me a certain way.

A few were similar to Babs. Drugged at a party. Not "over did it", not "didn't watch themselves". They were assaulted. And I use "they" because it's not one or even two. Drugged at a party and raped by a guy. Drugged at a party and raped by several guys. Drugged at a bar and left in a Buffalo back alley in the dead of February. These are not examples pulled from cable news, they are examples from my very life. And abortion was involved in more than none of them.

Sad to say but that's not even the worst. Imagine the woman you love being raped at just 10 f#$%ing years old. Imagine it happening from a family member. Imagine her having to, at ten years old, gather the courage to speak out. Imagine speaking out resulting in her being called a liar. Imagine at ten years old needing to understand sexuality and temptation, because YOU, at ten mother#$%ig years old, are the only thing keeping him off your 6yr old sister, which you can only manage to accomplish some of the time.

This is not tales from the pro-choice pit. This is MY FU#$NG LIFE, people I f#$%ing love. And yes, 10-11yr olds, they can get pregnant too.

Now put yourself in any place you're comfortable in this mess and pretend you're there. Really think about the horrors I just shared, and imagine you taking a 10, 12, 20yr old girl who just went through this and forcing her to look at the fetus via ultrasound. Force her to listen to the heartbeat. Force her to carry the fetus to term as it ravages her body around her. Force her to endure verbiage that kinda, sorta, makes her feel like what she's doing is wrong.

The very thought... it fills my mouth with the taste of blood. The amount of physical damage I would cause a person confronting a loved one of mine in this manner would change criminal law itself. It is monstrosity nearly on par with the act itself, and I say this with no hyperbole whatsoever. It is MONSTROUS.

So you are goddamned right I "celebrate" abortion. I celebrate that some f#$%wit pol with likely an abortion or two under his own belt isn't going to tell me how to live. I celebrate that far right Christian conservatism stays with the far right Christian Conservatives. I celebrate that ignorance or belief that this is all a personal responsibility problem has been defeated, and celebrate that in one of the most hurtful and harmful moments in a young woman's life, we have destroyed an entire section of that very horror.

You are goddamned right I celebrate.

Wow. Quoting this to preserve it. You da man, Face. You totally get it. Thank you for your empathy and understanding the pain of all of it. I'm so moved I'm crying, here, and I never do that.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 30th, 2019 at 10:27:25 AM permalink

Sorry, but there are. Watch the video I posted recently. Watch the "you go girl" mentality of this crowd. Dancing thru a memorial to aborted babies made by peaceful protestors? Or the feminists who scream "keep your hands off my uterus, I'm not a baby-machine!"

Plenty of them out there. But I am done pointing out the hard truth for the moment.

And like I said, your choice to focus on them is just the same as focusing on the people who celebrate the thousands of mothers who die each year from unsafe abortions. There definitely are people who are ok with women having abortions so long as enough of them die from it.

Looked back through seven pages and couldn't find the video. Pretty good proof that this really isn't a discussion, so much as people feeling driven to keep getting more and more of our words in, even though we know we will never get anywhere
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 30th, 2019 at 10:40:47 AM permalink
Face said:

"I've had the... fortune to become a healer. What I mean is that for some reason, despite my misanthropy and general asocial reclusion, I make people comfortable. I'm a nurturing dude, ya know? But because of this, I've been made privy to horrors that a man of my education and skill set simply cannot f#$%ing handle."

I wasn't going to get involved in
yet another pointless abortion
discussion, but..

I love ya, Face, but WTF. Really?
If I had a list of people to choose
from, you would be the last name
I would consider for advice on
anything that didn't involve a gun
or a hammer. You come across as
perpetually angry and pissed off,
and seen to have tolerance for
fellow humans right up there with
junk yard dogs.

Yet women come to you with their
tragic abortion stories? Why would
they do that. Because you exude so
much love and understanding? Where
have you been hiding it?????

They don't come to me because I couldn't
care less, but that's no surprise to
anybody. My view on abortion? It's
just one more bad choice after a series
of bad choices. It's also none of my
business. I'm an atheist, god won't judge
you, but you will judge you. A far worse
thing than any silly god doing it.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
tringlomanedarkoz
May 30th, 2019 at 11:00:27 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Face said:

"I've had the... fortune to become a healer. What I mean is that for some reason, despite my misanthropy and general asocial reclusion, I make people comfortable. I'm a nurturing dude, ya know? But because of this, I've been made privy to horrors that a man of my education and skill set simply cannot f#$%ing handle."

discussion, but..

If I had a list of people to choose
from, you would be the last name
I would consider for advice on
anything that didn't involve a gun
or a hammer. You come across as
junk yard dogs.

Yet women come to you with their
tragic abortion stories? Why would
they do that. Because you exude so
much love and understanding? Where
have you been hiding it?????

They don't come to me because I couldn't
care less, but that's no surprise to
anybody. My view on abortion? It's
just one more bad choice after a series
of bad choices. It's also none of my
business. I'm an atheist, god won't judge
you, but you will judge you. A far worse
thing than any silly god doing it.

It's almost like you ask yourself every time you post, "What would an a**hole say?"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
May 30th, 2019 at 11:16:49 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It's almost like you ask yourself every time you post, "What would an a**hole say?"

Pro-tip shortcut: Read 10 EB posts and multiply by 2000.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
MaxPen
May 30th, 2019 at 11:23:36 AM permalink

I would file this under "personal insult."

Mods?
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 30th, 2019 at 11:29:38 AM permalink

Mods?

Oh, but this isn't?

You come across as
junk yard dogs.

You still haven't answered my question: what kind of ice cream are you going to buy Billy?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
wellwellwell
May 30th, 2019 at 11:34:14 AM permalink

Mods?

File under liberal moderation bias and walk away.

Nothing to see folks, nothing to see.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 11:40:57 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

I will give them a chance before I give an AAAEBSAMETO. That is saying something given how depressing it looks outside. Not sure where you are, but boy is it dreary.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 30th, 2019 at 11:42:05 AM permalink

File it under this is mild in the era of Trump insults
Chuckling. Conservatives demand rules Trump could never abide by
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
May 30th, 2019 at 11:45:24 AM permalink

I will give them a chance before I give an AAAEBSAMETO. That is saying something given how depressing it looks outside. Not sure where you are, but boy is it dreary.

Today will be the 3rd day of severe Thunderstorms in my area. A couple confirmed tornados so far this week. I picked the wrong to stat in PA.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 30th, 2019 at 11:47:55 AM permalink

I've never once requested or whined about a personal insult suspension, even when a certain somebody on this forum called my dad a loser. It's a political discussion and imo it's mostly fair game. But I've noticed that it's always cons on here being snowflakes and whining about this. So much for the strong alpha male thing. And look at who they support? Can he get any more childish with insults?

Biggest group of hypocrites ever assembled is the current version of the GOP.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 11:51:23 AM permalink

Today will be the 3rd day of severe Thunderstorms in my area. A couple confirmed tornados so far this week. I picked the wrong to stat in PA.

You are in PA?

stat in PA?

Flipping ground is so soaked my painter said it is leaking into the basement of my flip where we are trying to paint the floor. I can't win.
Boz
Boz
May 30th, 2019 at 11:53:34 AM permalink
Boz
Boz
May 30th, 2019 at 11:57:31 AM permalink

You are in PA?

stat in PA?

Flipping ground is so soaked my painter said it is leaking into the basement of my flip where we are trying to paint the floor. I can't win.

Yea Eastern PA, split my time between here and Florida but sadly still spend more time here due to business interests.

Basement pump has been running for days and the humidity is worse than Tampa recently.

Can’t wait to leave PA, taxes get worse every year and regardless of Trump winning in 16, the libs are trying to make it a mini NY. The POS mayor and DA in Philadelphia are crazy.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 30th, 2019 at 11:58:24 AM permalink

In W MI it rains every day with
temps around 60. Still waiting
for spring.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
May 30th, 2019 at 12:06:08 PM permalink

Can’t wait to leave PA, taxes get worse every year and regardless of Trump winning in 16, the libs are trying to make it a mini NY. The POS mayor and DA in Philadelphia are crazy.

It is an ongoing fight. The Philly left wants to be a northeastern state, most of the rest prefers to follow the mid-west. I am probably stuck here with family but border jumping to OH/WV can be tempting.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 30th, 2019 at 12:20:20 PM permalink

Not really, not even close. It's just
that Face is always super pissed
off at something, he posts rants
where he almost wants to kill
somebody. He's in constant pain,
flying on whatever pain killers
he can get, seems to hate every
person on his mail route, yet he's
the soft and feeling empathetic
guy all the needy women go to
for advice? Something ain't right
here. How did I miss that side of
him.

If a woman wants an abortion, she'll
get one if it's legal or not. How is
that anybody's business but her's.
Shrug...
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 30th, 2019 at 12:20:22 PM permalink
See that, double post and I did
NOT hit it twice.
Steverinos
Steverinos
May 30th, 2019 at 12:36:12 PM permalink

How did I miss that side of
him.

You're a Trump supporter. You miss a lot of things.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
RS
May 30th, 2019 at 12:42:59 PM permalink

You're a Trump supporter. You miss a lot of things.

LOL! Yeah, I'm the one who's been soaking
up all the lies from CNN/MS for 2 years,
I'm the one who was was wrong about
everything.

NOT!
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
tringlomane
May 30th, 2019 at 2:16:31 PM permalink

discussion, but..

And I'm gonna go cool off for a bit, but...

First an apology. None of my vitriol is directed at members here, honestly. Not Boz, EB, AZD, Aye, DeMango, or any other of myriad members who hold a pro-life stance. None. But, as EB as pointed out, I'm emotionally unstable (I'm getting better!) While I wish and try to be an erudite always, I quite often fly right past it dead into berserker town and just start thrashing. And yeah, things of this nature overwhelm me. While I can admit SOME of it was controllable and I let it fly anyway, it was done not out of hatred for y'all but to try to convey emotion, to try and instill an understanding.. Nothing more. Sorry if it didn't work as I intended. Also, sorry if it did.

That said, let's try not to escalate against each other. While I know it's irksome to many, what EB posted is identical to what he'd have PM'd me, and I'm glad he did it public. He has every right to be confused and challenge me, especially under the light of my last... oh, four or so years of posting history. We're good. Call it my own mod bias and let's please move on.

But to answer EB, just think deeper. Look at me '11-'14. Look at my travel threads, my branded threads. Ignore words and look at action. I'm an angel.... I just got a bit of a demon problem.

And it's that which inspires this all. While some of my personal issues are uncontrollable, many are indeed my choice. And I find that as things start to affect me in a way I don't like and a way that I can't control, I regress. Pull back. Turtle up. And the first thing I lose is my empathy. Having lost it so many times and reflected so many times and studied my issues so many times, the closest thing I can find to a panacea to my demons is just that - empathy itself. The real bravery is not in fortifying an impenetrable shell, but to stay open in spite of the hurt. And as I've fought and clawed my way from hell itself for the fifth gd time, I've found that (some of) the most important things in life are just giving a s#$% and doing something about it. The minute you say "F$%^ it", you lose. A troublesome yute is given up on, a scaly fender isn't sanded and sprayed, a questionable switch overheats and burns you down.

I feel too many of us are at that point, and by "us", I mean Americans, not just WoV'ers. Pregnant teens? F#$% em. Junkies? F#$% em. Mentally ill roaming the streets? F#$% em. Lost your bootstraps? F#$% you.

Maybe y'all have figured this out years ago, but every great thing I've ever done started with just giving a s#$%. Though perhaps fueled by hate, that message was what I was trying to inspire. Guess I'm about as good at that as I am at being succinct =p

I'll go now. Peace.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 5th, 2019 at 3:19:43 PM permalink
This still a 2020 election thread? Cool.

New head-to-head poll from Quinnipiac in TEXAS just out:

Biden 48%, Trump 44%
Trump 48%, O'Rourke 45%
Trump 47%, Sanders 44%
Trump 47%, Harris 43%
Trump 46%, Warren 45%
Trump 46%, Buttigieg 44%

Yes, I know it’s too early to take any poll seriously.

Polls in TX were pretty good in 2018, but actually undervalued Beto.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz
June 5th, 2019 at 3:50:43 PM permalink
If Beto goes all the way to the WH it will be a maximum achievement.

They will call that BetoMax

EDIT: dont get me started on jokes about a gay candidate named BUTTigieg!
Boz
Boz
June 5th, 2019 at 3:53:53 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Biden 48%, Trump 44%
Trump 48%, O'Rourke 45%
Trump 47%, Sanders 44%
Trump 47%, Harris 43%
Trump 46%, Warren 45%
Trump 46%, Buttigieg 44%

Buying more Kimberly Clark stock tomorrow just based on your excitement alone.

That said, never underestimate the amount of illegals finding ways to vote. After all we all vote our own interests and criminals certainly favor the Dems.
darkoz
darkoz
June 5th, 2019 at 4:00:31 PM permalink

Biden 48%, Trump 44%
Trump 48%, O'Rourke 45%
Trump 47%, Sanders 44%
Trump 47%, Harris 43%
Trump 46%, Warren 45%
Trump 46%, Buttigieg 44%

That said, never underestimate the amount of illegals finding ways to vote. After all we all vote our own interests and criminals certainly favor the Dems.

I would argue that the convicted criminals michael cohen and paul Manafort and rick gates etc, all voted Republican
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
RS
June 5th, 2019 at 4:12:21 PM permalink

Biden 48%, Trump 44%
Trump 48%, O'Rourke 45%
Trump 47%, Sanders 44%
Trump 47%, Harris 43%
Trump 46%, Warren 45%
Trump 46%, Buttigieg 44%

I would argue that the convicted criminals michael cohen and paul Manafort and rick gates etc, all voted Republican

Or I could say the former homeless always vote Dem because of you.

Same argument, that said it’s obvious criminal illegals would vote for the party willing to forgive their crimes for a vote.
Boz
Boz
June 5th, 2019 at 4:22:11 PM permalink
That said, you are the cream of the crop and I respect you for that. Few homeless climb out of the dumpster and make something out of their lives like you did.

Most end up s####g c### for a .99 (now $1.49, WTF Lays?) bag of chips. Mumbling on street corners, shiving each other for a left over muffin top and pis### in alleys.

You climbed out of that to lead “the most feared AP team on the East Coast”.

Not sure if it shows anyone can do it, or you are the typical liberal who feels no one could do what you did.

But either way, respect.

Truly.
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 5th, 2019 at 4:40:09 PM permalink

After all we all vote our own interests and criminals certainly favor the Dems.

What about the candidates that ARE criminals? Republicans seem to favor them. Weird huh?
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 5th, 2019 at 5:12:33 PM permalink

What about the candidates that ARE criminals? Republicans seem to favor them. Weird huh?

Not really, one vote, one person.

Insane or not.

Criminal or not.

Retarded or not.

Autism or not.

Any race or creed.

Any citizen with ID.

We all agree.

One vote, one person.

Of course until illegals are involved, then the Dems throw the book out the door.
  • Jump to: