Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
RogerKintRSBozSanchoPanza
April 13th, 2019 at 5:43:32 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Feel free to be stupid.

Personal insult, three-day suspension.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
Thanked by
RS
April 13th, 2019 at 6:26:32 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

But profiling isn't the answer.

I was racially profiled once. I got off the wrong exit in Los Angeles and ended up in an ALL BLACK area. I am white. I started weaving through the neighborhood trying to find my way back to civilization. It didn't take long, Los Angeles Sheriffs were on my white ass like, uh, white ass on white rice. I rolled my window down and the first thing out of the cop's mouth was, "What? Are you lost?" Well yeah, as a matter of fact I was lost. Long story short, they offered me a ride. That was nice, but it was a ride to jail. They asked me if I wanted them to have my car impounded or leave it in that neighborhood. Then they started laughing, while I begged them to impound my car. This was about 40 years ago so things have probably changed by now and they don't racially profile suspicious looking white guys anymore. That's ok, I'm old now, and never get pulled over.

Btw, I have more good stories. One particular one was about cops, racial profiling black guys, and how it saved my ass one night. In that case, thank God for racial profiling. I'll save that story for a rainy day.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 13th, 2019 at 7:06:30 PM permalink
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rashida-tlaib-democrats-silence-omar_n_5cb24255e4b0ffefe3b13c25

The 3 blind witches are the gift that keeps coming. Trump may be the luckiest man alive to be able to run a campaign against a party nominee stuck with wondering how to deal with 3 these fools.

As a conservative I give credit to Pelosi for being one of the most skilled politicians ever and she is at a loss on how to deal with these 3.

Please don’t ever MAGA. You know “Make AOC Go Away”. We need her to keep opening her mouth and spewing garbage that makes average working Americans see her vision of America.

Thank You to all Dem voters who put these 3 idiots in charge of the Democratic Party!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 14th, 2019 at 4:34:34 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rashida-tlaib-democrats-silence-omar_n_5cb24255e4b0ffefe3b13c25

Hatred horrifies me
Trump is stoking the flames of Muslim hatred in this country
I am pretty sickened by the raw hatred of the right against Muslims
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
RS
April 14th, 2019 at 4:51:09 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Hatred horrifies me
Trump is stoking the flames of Muslim hatred in this country
I am pretty sickened by the raw hatred of the right against Muslims

I don’t disagree with your statement on hatred. That said many Muslims have made their hatred toward Jews very clear across the world and by no means are innocent in this.

Much better to judge individuals on their actions instead of generalizations of race or religions.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 14th, 2019 at 5:41:55 AM permalink

I don’t disagree with your statement on hatred. That said many Muslims have made their hatred toward Jews very clear across the world and by no means are innocent in this.

Wrong
Many Muslims have made their hatred of Israel policies as a country known.
My best friend (Grateful Dead touring buddy) is Jewish yet I hate a lot of Israel govt policies
I've been to Muslim demonstrations on the Mall in DC
I heard all the chants " Hitler and (Ariel) Sharon are the same, the only difference is their name"
Their hatred is toward the Israel govt, not Jews
I hate some of the govt policies of Israel
Israel itself is very controversial among Jews
Many orthodox Jews are against zionism
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 14th, 2019 at 6:06:48 AM permalink

Profiling by race is horrible police work. Example: If non-black or -Hispanic murderers in 2013 got a pass, they would have missed more than 1/3 of offenders.

Black or African Americans 4,379 = 51.3%
White Americans (non-Hispanic Americans) 2,861 = 33.5%
Hispanic Americans 1,096 = 12.8%
American Indians or Alaska Natives 98 = 1.14%
Asian Americans 101 = 1.18%

Source: wiki (their sources cited in the article).

But isn't that the bogeyman the fear-mongers are pushing? The brown killer illegally walking our streets. A false and bigoted concept. Sadly, alive and promoted to this day.

Do you understand what "profiling" is and how it is used? Or do you think it is just a bunch of cops chasing every Black and Brown person in sight? You example indicates no, and yes. In this case, why would cops just ignore Whites in a murder case? Good police work would mean checking on suspects. In most cases the victim knows their killer and the killer is of the same race. The cops, detectives actually, will start investigating.

You are aware that the FBI makes a science of profiling?

I have been profiled. Didn't realize until after. Coworker said Customs was asking me all kind of questions because I (and he laughed he) fit the profile of a smuggler. White male, 20s/30s, traveling alone, dressed a tad better than a tourist. The agent asked for all kinds of details on where I was and what I did. After it was explained I saw that she was trying to see if I slipped or did't have an answer. A person who gave weird answers might get searched, etc.

This was by air. Someone told me they do the same thing for a young couple traveling with an infant or toddler by land, another smuggler profile. Lets look at another example.

I knew a guy was a security guard an an amusement park. Park was one town up from some bad neighborhoods and at the time was getting some violent kids from those areas. He saw a few and they fit the profile of gang members. Soon he saw them flashing gang signs. At that point he was ready to give them the boot, their parole officer sweet talked the guy so they got to stay.

Same park, every year has "African American Day" one day each year. Same as any other theme day, but on this day the same guy said the security department armed every guard that was licensed to carry. They wanted to be prepared for trouble, which there often was. They did not need to do this on any other theme day, as those days had no history of ab increase in violence.

Is that "racist" or just common sense? Because it is "profiling."

Some general examples.

A real example beat me to it, but a White driving aimlessly in an all-Black area will arouse suspicion by the cops. Rightly so because the driver is probably lost or looking for drugs/hookers.

Young Black males in a store that caters to middle-aged women should be watched. Why are they there? How are they behaving?

In these cases, profiling seems to be doing the opposite of in the murder investigation above. It is because it is trying to prevent crime before the fact. Any good cop or security guard will be trained to know their territory and know what looks out of place. If something or someone is out of place they will keep an eye on it until they determine what is going on. Most cases they will see nothing is wrong and move on. Some cases they will catch a crook. Other cases the target notices the extra scrutiny and leaves. In all cases, profiling has done its job.

Final example for this day and age. Today every doctor or dentist office will profile for people trying to get a prescription for opiate painkillers. They look at the behaviors, look at the person. There is a profile of how these people act.

PROFILING IS JUST GOOD POLICE WORK. And yes, race is a part of profiling. Profiling by race is no different than by age/sex/etc. The USA needs to get over this obsession with racism, it will be the end of the country.

Profiling is NOT just saying, "lets get the Black guy!"
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
AZDuffmanMaxPenSanchoPanzabobbartopRSAxelWolf
April 14th, 2019 at 6:24:35 AM permalink

Their hatred is toward the Israel govt, not Jews

YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
terapined
terapined
April 14th, 2019 at 8:19:16 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Have you had any Muslim Patients?
Most Muslims don't live in the Middle East
You average Muslim comes from Indonesia, the most populous Muslim country on the planet
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
April 14th, 2019 at 9:16:30 AM permalink

Have you had any Muslim Patients?
Most Muslims don't live in the Middle East
You average Muslim comes from Indonesia, the most populous Muslim country on the planet

I'll stand by my comment. You used the word "many". "Many Muslims" hate Jews as well as Israel. Not all. Not the couple who moments ago left my house after dropping off a wedding present. Not my work partner who I've known for 30 years. I would say I can change the word "many" to the "majority" in many Middle Eastern areas. You think the Palestinian in Gaza would take kindly to an Ecuadorean Jew visiting? Wanna bet?
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
April 14th, 2019 at 9:20:25 AM permalink

If you are trying to say that the average Muslim entering the US comes from Indonesia, you are incorrect.
More Muslims come to the US from counties of Iraq, Pakistan and Bangladesh (to name a few) than Indonesia.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/largest-immigrant-groups-over-time

If you go to the above website, you need to click on the "Get The Data" button at the bottom of the page to see the actual figures.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
terapined
terapined
April 14th, 2019 at 9:22:23 AM permalink

I'll stand by my comment. You used the word "many". "Many Muslims" hate Jews as well as Israel. Not all. Not the couple who moments ago left my house after dropping off a wedding present. Not my work partner who I've known for 30 years. I would say I can change the word "many" to the "majority" in many Middle Eastern areas. You think the Palestinian in Gaza would take kindly to an Ecuadorean Jew visiting? Wanna bet?

I should have picked better words.
Some Muslims hate Jews. Most Muslims don't hate Jews.
Some conservatives hate Blacks. Most conservatives don't hate Blacks
terapined
terapined
April 14th, 2019 at 9:24:29 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

If you are trying to say that the average Muslim entering the US comes from Indonesia

Nope. Having difficulty reading again? lol
My point is the average Muslim lives in Asia, and probably Indonesia due to Indonesia being the most populace Muslim country on the planet
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 14th, 2019 at 11:34:36 AM permalink

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/world/inside-iran/2018/08/29/iran-jewish-population-islamic-state/886790002/

There are 25 Synagogues in Iran, a Muslim Theocratic country. Jews in Iran have been offered many times, by Israel to move to Israel, and they don't want to go.

Everyone needs to watch the Al Jazeera documentary "The Lobby" to understand the spin that has been put on "anti-semitism" to the aid of the Israeli Zionist government.

https://electronicintifada.net/content/watch-film-israel-lobby-didnt-want-you-see/25876
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
April 14th, 2019 at 12:21:16 PM permalink
Thank you petro for the link. I was surprised that there are that many Jews in Iran still left. Less than 10% from before the Iranian revolution. Can you fathom what the story would be here if there was a political system that resulted in a NINETY PERCENT decrease in Muslims here? And someone wrote an article to make it all seem hunky dorey?

The fact that a VERY SMALL percentage of Jews stayed beyond is not indicative of the wonderful treatment they receive. I'd say the fact that a VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE chose to leave is more telling.

But believe what you want, and spin it any way you see fit.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
April 14th, 2019 at 12:22:33 PM permalink

Thank you petro for the link. I was surprised that there are that many Jews in Iran still left. Less than 10% from before the Iranian revolution. Can you fathom what the story would be here if there was a political system that resulted in a NINETY PERCENT decrease in Muslims here? And someone wrote an article to make it all seem hunky dorey?

The fact that a VERY SMALL percentage of Jews stayed beyond is not indicative of the wonderful treatment they receive. I'd say the fact that a VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE chose to leave is more telling.

But believe what you want, and spin it any way you see fit.

And you, petro, also picked Iran? How about Gaza? How about Lebanon? How about Syria? How about Iraq?
Boz
Boz
April 14th, 2019 at 12:36:34 PM permalink
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5cb352ade4b0ffefe3b1e0f1

Seems Crazy Bernie thinks EVERYONE is out the get him.

No you creepy looking MFer, it’s just your policies, it’s nothing personal. Plus you are old and white, therefore you have no place in today’s Democratic Party silly Commie.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Boz
April 14th, 2019 at 1:21:09 PM permalink

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5cb352ade4b0ffefe3b1e0f1

Seems Crazy Bernie thinks EVERYONE is out the get him.

No you creepy looking MFer, it’s just your policies, it’s nothing personal. Plus you are old and white, therefore you have no place in today’s Democratic Party silly Commie.

Bernie needs to get out of the way. Spur the conversation, fine. But then pick someone else and back them all the way this time, not like a grumpy 4 year old loser.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
mcallister3200RS
April 14th, 2019 at 1:57:04 PM permalink

Bernie needs to get out of the way. Spur the conversation, fine. But then pick someone else and back them all the way this time, not like a grumpy 4 year old loser.

Well, Michael Avenatti didn't work out so good. The left continues to push the junk to the top
Guess it's the participation trophy era in full effect.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
terapined
April 14th, 2019 at 2:08:05 PM permalink

And you, petro, also picked Iran? How about Gaza? How about Lebanon? How about Syria? How about Iraq?

I don't conflate opposing Zionist government with hating people that are Jewish.

As we are in a state of antagonism and hostility with Iran and threatening war, I thought Iran was a good example of a Muslim theocratic state that allows freedom of religion, including Judaism. Iran has changed a lot since the American CIA coup that ousted the democratically elected president of Iran [Mossedegh] and installed the Shah who went on to murder a million Iranians. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

Does SooPoo support the brutality, torture and murder carried out by the Shah if Iran?

Do you think Gaza belongs to Israel ? Do you want the Palestinians driven out of Gaza, and if so, where should they go? https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2018/10/gaza-great-march-of-return/

Syria has been a secular country for a long time. Until this latest war, all religions got along fine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Jews

Nope, doesn't look like Lebanese fully appreciate what Israel has done for them.

Almost forgot Iraq. Until the invasion of Iraq, under Saddam Hussein, there were synagogues as well as xtian churches. The constant bombing of the country and 3-4 separate or one constant war changed everything. Muslims turned against Jews and Christians alike, and blew up mosques as well. I would think now that there is a possibility of Shia control of Iraq, they might be more lenient towards other religions in Iraq just as they are in Iran? But IDK. The Balkanization of the mid east has changed everything. It will take decades for it to settle out. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-11-13-1998317119-story.html

Who would have thought 25 years ago, that Saudi Arabia and Israel would become allies? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43632905
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 14th, 2019 at 2:11:04 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Well, Michael Avenatti didn't work out so good. The left continues to push the junk to the top
Guess it's the participation trophy era in full effect.

I am wondering when the dogcatcher form Horseheads, NY is going to throw his hat in the ring with everyone else.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 14th, 2019 at 2:21:54 PM permalink
It was some weird Republican S&M fantasy that Avenatti would run for President

Hillary is their fetish fantasy

Ocasio Cortez their future nightmare
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
April 14th, 2019 at 2:52:02 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It was some weird Republican S&M fantasy that Avenatti would run for President

Hillary is their fetish fantasy

Ocasio Cortez their future nightmare

AOC is OUR future nightmare. I think even Pelosi/Shumer knows that.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
MaxPenBoz
April 14th, 2019 at 3:04:19 PM permalink

She is the current Democrat nightmare. Double minority so they cannot shut her up. Already cost her district 25,000 jobs because she is an economic illiterate. Proposes GND that is so silly the GOP couldn't make a parody that good. And she has not been in office six months yet. Wait until she gets some seniority.
Boz
Boz
April 14th, 2019 at 3:30:56 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

She is the current Democrat nightmare. Double minority so they cannot shut her up. Already cost her district 25,000 jobs because she is an economic illiterate. Proposes GND that is so silly the GOP couldn't make a parody that good. And she has not been in office six months yet. Wait until she gets some seniority.

I feel you are correct up until the end. I would like to think either of the 2 major parties have enough money and political clout to get rid of someone like AOC and her 2 comrades who are killing their party. While I love how 3 lunatics are shaping their party and are handing Trump an easy re-election, it could come back to haunt Republicans in the future.

And if I’m wrong, I’m glad I’m old because I don’t want to around in an America where people like AOC are considered legitimate.

Next thing you know people with no tax skin in the game will consider the government to be in a partnership with them.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 14th, 2019 at 3:50:38 PM permalink

While I love how 3 lunatics are shaping their party and are handing Trump an easy re-election, it could come back to haunt Republicans in the future.

No use worrying about too far in the future since it all changes so fast. In 1991, nobody wanted to run against Bush, in 1992 he was toast. In 1994, the Democrats lost their generation control of Congress.

I still see the 2020s being a violent decade tearing the USA apart. Take what we can get for now.
terapined
terapined
April 14th, 2019 at 4:36:41 PM permalink

That's absurd and ridiculous.
She is simply the 1st of her generation to attain power
As time goes on and the elderly die off, her generation will attain more power as time marches forward and start running this country
Their generation will be as diverse as the current generation fighting for power.
20 years from now as more of AOC's generation attain power, there will be many diverse leaders in this country, somebody will rise to the cream of the crop to lead and it probably is not AOC
Boz
Boz
April 14th, 2019 at 4:40:47 PM permalink
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-harris-tax-returns-release_n_5cb37269e4b098b9a2d54e64

Kamala and hubby, $1.9M in Income last year.

Respect!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 15th, 2019 at 8:01:27 AM permalink

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-harris-tax-returns-release_n_5cb37269e4b098b9a2d54e64

Kamala and hubby, $1.9M in Income last year.

Respect!

In California, you’re lucky if you can find a shack in the woods to live in on that kind of money.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 15th, 2019 at 8:35:26 PM permalink
Butterburger and his betrothed announcing
his running today. They say a picture
speaks a thousand words. The words
this picture is speaking will resound all
across America. The words are, what the
hell!??

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 15th, 2019 at 10:16:15 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

hell!??

His husband, not his betrothed.

If you're so worried about who a President sleeps with, where have you been all this time, while Trump was bare-backing porn queens as a married man? Judge much?

You could try listening to Mayor Pete instead of mocking him, and bring something worth discussing next time instead of name-calling and judgement

. He's the Real Deal, though, so he won't penetrate the bubble of lies Trump supporters live in. So I'm not holding out much hope of a real conversation.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 15th, 2019 at 10:27:37 PM permalink

hell!??

Get used to it.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 16th, 2019 at 12:28:59 AM permalink

If you're so worried about who a President sleeps with

I'm not worried at all, he ain't
the President and never will be. I
just find it entertaining that
he's so out of touch that he
thinks the world he lives in
is the same world the rest of
us live in. Hard to believe
he's that out of touch.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 16th, 2019 at 12:37:07 AM permalink
I decided to catch up on this thread after not reading it for a week... damn that was a long 30+ minutes.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 16th, 2019 at 2:27:43 AM permalink

I'm not worried at all, he ain't
the President and never will be. I
just find it entertaining that
he's so out of touch that he
thinks the world he lives in
is the same world the rest of
us live in. Hard to believe
he's that out of touch.

I believe he is that out of touch. It has been shown over the years that liberals are far more likely to be in a liberal bubble than conservatives in a conservative bubble. This is due to how "liberal places" are almost all liberals. Say a college or big city government. Kind of their own restricted club.

Just looking at the behavior and beliefs on the Democrat side and I am more convinced than ever that we are in a collapsing society that will not go another 50 years. This election cycle will end up showing how off the rails they are. Guys making out, calls for a 70% tax rate, calls for reparations for slavery, desire for open borders and dismantling ICE. Yet people say the GOP is the "extreme" party?
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
April 16th, 2019 at 4:23:37 AM permalink

His husband, not his betrothed.

There goes the Muslim vote.

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 16th, 2019 at 5:32:56 AM permalink

hell!??

What the ****??? Are they making out? Looks like it. Disgusting. Unless it's one of those carefully timed photos and they're really just hugging.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
terapined
April 16th, 2019 at 6:24:08 AM permalink
Quote: RS

What the ****??? Are they making out? Looks like it. Disgusting. Unless it's one of those carefully timed photos and they're really just hugging.

It could be that they are simply whispering "Congratulations" to each other.

I'm not offended by the photo at all; I would if it showed obvious "make out" type stuff...because I don't want to see anyone make out in public. Not that it isn't allowed; I just don't care to see it from ANY type of couple or group.

I am not concerned about a multi-letter candidate, one of color, a woman, or a combination of those. I am more concerned about what they think is good for the country.

BBB reports that they kissed. So what? They are a couple.
Last edited by: RonC on Apr 16, 2019
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
RS
April 16th, 2019 at 8:04:57 AM permalink

hell!??

I watched it live. I think their lips actually touched for a fraction of a second, yes. How European of them. They did hug, too, for perhaps 1.6 seconds more.

I'm sure it was all staged just to trigger you.
RonC
RonC
April 16th, 2019 at 8:11:54 AM permalink
"This water (holding up a glass of water) would win in that district with a "D" behind it."

--Nancy Pelosi on AOC winning her seat in the House.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 16th, 2019 at 9:48:09 AM permalink

What the ****??? Are they making out?

If he did get nominated, this pic has
secured the Xtion and Muslim and
Mormon vote. For the Right.. Shudder..
RonC
RonC
April 16th, 2019 at 10:01:42 AM permalink

If he did get nominated, this pic has
secured the Xtion and Muslim and
Mormon vote. For the Right.. Shudder..

The picture will not change the votes of anyone who is actually considering voting for a Democrat. It isn't like he was somewhere in a closet and came out just in time for this picture nor will the fact that he is a gay man be a mystery to anyone actually paying attention as the process moves forward.

Yes, some of those groups may vote against him. I just don't think the picture has as much impact as you think it will.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 16th, 2019 at 10:25:17 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The picture will not change the votes of anyone who is actually considering voting for a Democrat. It isn't like he was somewhere in a closet and came out just in time for this picture nor will the fact that he is a gay man be a mystery to anyone actually paying attention as the process moves forward.

Yes, some of those groups may vote against him. I just don't think the picture has as much impact as you think it will.

Not like he has any base of support in the first place. Maybe the homophile vote will go his way, chances are he does not even last until Iowa.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 16th, 2019 at 10:31:20 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The picture will not change the votes of anyone

I was speaking more rhetorically than
specifically about one stupid pic.
It's his general attitude that will sink
him. He's a 'shove his lifestyle down
our throats' type of Gay (excuse the
obvious implication) and America's
not quite ready for that.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 16th, 2019 at 10:33:52 AM permalink

Not like he has any base of support in the first place. Maybe the homophile vote will go his way, chances are he does not even last until Iowa.

Yeah, beware of anyone gaining popularity in a rapid rise from nowhere.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 16th, 2019 at 10:43:18 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Yeah, beware of anyone gaining popularity in a rapid rise from nowhere.

Gaining popularity? He is in the news because he is queer. If not for that he would have no coverage at all. He is a nobody, going nowhere.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 16th, 2019 at 10:47:02 AM permalink

Not like he has any base of support in the first place.

All those people who ran against Trump.
Did it benefit their career is any way?
Why do they do it, most have to know
they don't have a chance in hell. Just
a waste of time and money. 20 Dem
candidates now, enough to fill a clown
car. Surely they all can't think they have
chance.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 16th, 2019 at 10:51:12 AM permalink

All those people who ran against Trump.
Did it benefit their career is any way?
Why do they do it, most have to know
they don't have a chance in hell. Just
a waste of time and money. 20 Dem
candidates now, enough to fill a clown
car. Surely they all can't think they have
chance.

Maybe they are a bit like Steve Lombardi taking a match against Ric Flair. Get to tell the other jobbers they went against the best. No extra money, no chance they win, but they have that.
RonC
RonC
April 16th, 2019 at 11:02:26 AM permalink

I was speaking more rhetorically than
specifically about one stupid pic.
It's his general attitude that will sink
him. He's a 'shove his lifestyle down
our throats' type of Gay (excuse the
obvious implication) and America's
not quite ready for that.

Whatever.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 16th, 2019 at 11:10:23 AM permalink

Gaining popularity? He is in the news because he is queer. If not for that he would have no coverage at all. He is a nobody, going nowhere.

You probably thought that "empty suit" couldn't win the Presidency. Or Clint Eastwood's empty chair. Or that "secret muslim"

Wrong on all counts.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: