Thread Rating:

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
April 10th, 2019 at 10:31:27 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Yes, the Democrat Party is pretty awful. This silent coup attempt is just the latest.

Reagan wouldn't make it out of the primary in today's GOP. Should tell you something. But it doesn't, and won't, because what was once a political party based on values and ideas is now a party based on loyalty to one man, a man that shares NONE of those traditional values and ideas. Can't think of a more blatant and obvious display of hypocrisy than a "conservative" and "moral" party supporting a man like Donald Trump.

Shameful.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 10:36:01 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Attorney General Barr during testimony to the senate has stated that he believes that spying had occurred on the Trump campaign. He also has initiated an investigation into the origins of the Trump Russia probe.

The democrat's "house of cards" will be crashing down. Many of the "higher ups" in the Obama administration, should be afraid, very afraid.

By the way, this would mark the 5th investigation into the investigation, for those who are counting.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
April 10th, 2019 at 10:41:59 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Reagan wouldn't make it out of the primary in today's GOP. Should tell you something. But it doesn't, and won't, because what was once a political party based on values and ideas is now a party based on loyalty to one man, a man that shares NONE of those traditional values and ideas. Can't think of a more blatant and obvious display of hypocrisy than a "conservative" and "moral" party supporting a man like Donald Trump.

Shameful.

And why would he not make it out of the primary? Please explain.

OTOH, JFK would not make it out of the Democrat Party primary today. They would say he is for "tax cuts for the rich" and not want a white male.

The Democrat Party used to be for the working man. Today they care more about illegal aliens than the working man. Are for slavery reparations. Gun grabbing. Preferences based on race--well, they were then, too, in the form of the KKK wing. They are for open borders. Giving money to people who refuse to work.

You want to talk about "shameful" you should look at who you back. As to loyalty to one person, maybe you forgot about this?

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 10:44:06 AM permalink

The Democrat Party used to be for the working man. Today they care more about illegal aliens than the working man.

Wait, I thought they supported walls in 2006 and 2013? Are we not using that talking point anymore?
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 10:45:15 AM permalink
As to what the democratic party supports, there are quite a few candidates with quite a few varying viewpoints. Let's see who and what ideas make it out of our primary.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 10th, 2019 at 10:47:16 AM permalink

Preferences based on race--well, they were then, too, in the form of the KKK wing. ]

It's almost as if you aren't aware of how the Southern Strategy changed our political parties. It's 2019 and...

You might not be a racist if you are a Republican. But if you are a racist, you are probably a Republican.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
RogerKintRSMooseton
April 10th, 2019 at 10:52:59 AM permalink

It's almost as if you aren't aware of how the Southern Strategy changed our political parties. It's 2019 and...

You might not be a racist if you are a Republican. But if you are a racist, you are probably a Republican.

Not really. Most racists I see are Democrats. Sharpton. Obama. That crazy muslim woman who the Democrats were afraid to even call out for her racism. How about the racism of every Democrat who keeps saying we cannot have Voter ID because somehow "minorities" are too stupid to get one in their opinion? Support for preferences based on race. Keeping Asians out of liberal bastions like Harvard.

On and on the list goes.

The Southern Strategy did not change where the racists were or who they voted for. You are parroting a line made to hide the racism of your party.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 10:54:30 AM permalink

As to what the democratic party supports, there are quite a few candidates with quite a few varying viewpoints. Let's see who and what ideas make it out of our primary.

Quite a few candidates. More fun than a barrel of monkeys at this point. But "varying viewpoints?" Not so much. They are all jumping in the farthest left things they can.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 10:56:52 AM permalink

Not really. Most racists I see are Democrats. Sharpton. Obama. That crazy muslim woman who the Democrats were afraid to even call out for her racism. How about the racism of every Democrat who keeps saying we cannot have Voter ID because somehow "minorities" are too stupid to get one in their opinion? Support for preferences based on race. Keeping Asians out of liberal bastions like Harvard.

On and on the list goes.

The Southern Strategy did not change where the racists were or who they voted for. You are parroting a line made to hide the racism of your party.

EVERY democrat says that minorities are too stupid to get an ID?

What f**king world do you live in? One where it's cool to fly the confederate flag?
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 10:58:18 AM permalink

The Southern Strategy did not change where the racists were or who they voted for.

It didn't change where they are but it most definitely changed who they vote for.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 11:00:59 AM permalink

They are all jumping in the farthest left things they can.

Riiiiiiiiiight....just like Obama was the most leftist liberal terrorist President in history, when he supported....

Conservative ideas.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 10th, 2019 at 11:01:17 AM permalink

EVERY democrat says that minorities are too stupid to get an ID?

What f**king world do you live in? One where it's cool to fly the confederate flag?

Have you listened to their "reasons" we cannot have voter ID? Always revolves around minorities somehow do not have ID and cannot get ID. What other conclusion can you draw?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 11:02:13 AM permalink

Riiiiiiiiiight....just like Obama was the most leftist liberal terrorist President in history, when he supported....

Conservative ideas.

What conservative ideas did he support exactly? Name a few.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
rxwine
April 10th, 2019 at 11:02:31 AM permalink

Have you listened to their "reasons" we cannot have voter ID? Always revolves around minorities somehow do not have ID and cannot get ID. What other conclusion can you draw?

YOU are drawing that conclusion, that they are too stupid. Try OWNING what YOU say instead of putting words into others. It's kind of the "manly" thing to do.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 11:05:47 AM permalink

What conservative ideas did he support exactly? Name a few.

Chained CPI, raising retirement ages, payroll tax cuts, the individual mandate.

Obama was naive to think he could compromise with them. It took him too long to abandon the efforts.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 10th, 2019 at 11:05:57 AM permalink

YOU are drawing that conclusion, that they are too stupid. Try OWNING what YOU say instead of putting words into others. It's kind of the "manly" thing to do.

Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 11:09:02 AM permalink

Sure am drawing it. Because I can draw no other. Why else do they keep demanding special help for minorities in every way imaginable?

Conservatives say, "You can do it, here is how to do it."
Liberals say, "You are incapable of doing it, we will lower standards for you!"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 11:14:45 AM permalink

Chained CPI, raising retirement ages, payroll tax cuts, the individual mandate.

Obama was naive to think he could compromise with them. It took him too long to abandon the efforts.

The individual mandate is not a conservative idea. I do not care that Mitt Romney came up with it before Obama. Romney is no bastion of conservatism, nor was the state where he passed it.

Obama never cut taxes. He net raised them. I do not care about the technicality of the old law lapsed and he renewed it days later. Taxes remained the same.

Raised the retirement age? Hee hee hee!

Obama never offered compromise.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 11:20:21 AM permalink

Sure am drawing it. Because I can draw no other. Why else do they keep demanding special help for minorities in every way imaginable?

Conservatives say, "You can do it, here is how to do it."
Liberals say, "You are incapable of doing it, we will lower standards for you!"

There are about three million people in our country that don't have a government issued ID. Out of those three million, there are hundreds of thousands, maybe more, that llack the proper identification documentation to obtain an ID. Most people affected are, yes, "minorities" (I put them in quotes like you did), elderly, rural and poor people. They then have to jump through the bureaucracy and red tape to obtain that documentation and in some cases, actually have to shell out hundreds of dollars in fees to obtain, money they don't have.

Might as well call it a poll tax because that's exactly what it is. Or, just call them too stupid, like YOU did.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 11:21:57 AM permalink

The individual mandate is not a conservative idea. I do not care that Mitt Romney came up with it before Obama. Romney is no bastion of conservatism, nor was the state where he passed it.

What about the Heritage Foundation? Are they no longer conservative either?
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 11:23:13 AM permalink

Raised the retirement age? Hee hee hee!

Obama never offered compromise.

I didn't say he raised the retirement ages. I said he supported it, during the Grand Bargain negotiations, to the detriment of his liberal base, by the way.

I do think it's progress that you would cite Snopes as a source. Hee-hee-hee.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 11:26:38 AM permalink

There are about three million people in our country that don't have a government issued ID. Out of those three million, there are hundreds of thousands, maybe more, that llack the proper identification documentation to obtain an ID. Most people affected are, yes, "minorities" (I put them in quotes like you did), elderly, rural and poor people. They then have to jump through the bureaucracy and red tape to obtain that documentation and in some cases, actually have to shell out hundreds of dollars in fees to obtain, money they don't have.

Might as well call it a poll tax because that's exactly what it is. Or, just call them too stupid, like YOU did.

It's not a "poll tax" because you need an ID for dozens of things besides voting.

Yes, you have to "jump thru hoops" sometimes. Sometimes you have to pay fees to get what you need from the government. Welcome to Earth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 11:27:54 AM permalink

It's not a "poll tax" because you need an ID for dozens of things besides voting.

Are any of those other things rights that are guaranteed in the Constitution?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 11:45:18 AM permalink

Has nothing to do with it.

Is the gas in your car a "poll tax" because you have to drive to the polls?
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 10th, 2019 at 11:51:11 AM permalink

Has nothing to do with it.

Has nothing to do with it? lol, it has everything to do with it.

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 10th, 2019 at 11:53:50 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Not sure if anyone heard about something happening on September 11 in New York back in 2001 but apparently “Some people did Something “.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/04/10/llhan-omar-calls-911-terrorists-some-people-who-did-something-n2544560

Right up there with “something” happened in Hawaii on December 7th 1941.

Don't have time to look into this.

IF she said this, and IF she meant what you're implying, then it was a stupid thing to say. And indefensible.

IF.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 10th, 2019 at 11:58:35 AM permalink

I was wondering how long it’d take for you to get there. Nearly three pages of posts. I realized he’s not worth seriously engaging ages ago.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
AZDuffmanRS
April 10th, 2019 at 12:05:48 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Don't have time to look into this.

IF she said this, and IF she meant what you're implying, then it was a stupid thing to say. And indefensible.

IF.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mGc3l6kMs

No IF involved.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 12:09:27 PM permalink

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mGc3l6kMs

No IF involved.

I will not waste my time waiting for her to be called out on it. Last time they were afraid to do so.
terapined
terapined
April 10th, 2019 at 1:11:36 PM permalink

Not sure if anyone heard about something happening on September 11 in New York back in 2001 but apparently “Some people did Something “.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/04/10/llhan-omar-calls-911-terrorists-some-people-who-did-something-n2544560

Right up there with “something” happened in Hawaii on December 7th 1941.

Its not a horrible statement
Just a real real weak statement.
I have a tremendous amount of respect for her but I don't defend this statement
Just too weak. I disagree with her.
I do agree with her statement that Stephen Miller is a white supremist.
terapined
terapined
April 10th, 2019 at 1:15:25 PM permalink

lol
I don't even bother anymore
Got him blocked on both sites
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 2:56:47 PM permalink

Yeah, I got slammed last week for saying the same thing, but apparently more rudely. In my experience, he just makes stuff up half the time and selective quotes the rest. I have no argument with most of the far-right posters here, but AZD is in a class by himself. Unfortunately, I can't block him.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 10th, 2019 at 3:25:04 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Unfortunately, I can't block him.

I see no reason why mods have to read any of us regular posters until there is a complaint.

I can see your mod duties requiring you to check out all the new posters though since you can stop spam and socks right off.

Maybe your duties are outlined otherwise.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
April 10th, 2019 at 3:56:08 PM permalink

Not really. Most racists I see are Democrats. Sharpton. Obama.

People on the R side insist Obama is a racist -- a man so popular among Americans that he is one of only two, two-term presidents since Eisenhower to earn over 50% of the vote both times. People on the D side insist Trump is a racist -- won over 60% of the states and if not for millions of illegal votes (source https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802972944532209664).

Based on this, the one thing I do know for sure based on this is that our country must be racist
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 10th, 2019 at 4:04:45 PM permalink

Chained CPI, raising retirement ages, payroll tax cuts, the individual mandate. Obama was naive to think he could compromise with them. It took him too long to abandon the efforts.

CBO says BLS began chained CPI under Bush:

"The Chained CPI-U
BLS has developed another approach to measuring price increases that avoids both substitution bias and small-sample bias. Since August 2002, BLS has published an alternative index, the chained CPI-U, which attempts to account for the effects of substitution on changes in the cost of living. The chained CPI-U provides a more accurate estimate of changes in the cost of living from one month to the next by using market baskets from both months, thus “chaining” the two months together."

"Obama Raises the Retirement Age to 73
A disreputable web site started a false rumor holding that President Obama was raising the Social Security retirement age to 73 in order to assist refugees."
Dan Evon snopes.com Published 19 September 2016

And not a single Republican, conservative or otherwise, voted for the individual mandate.

One for four isn't too strong in most leagues.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
April 10th, 2019 at 6:35:30 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Based on this, the one thing I do know for sure based on this is that our country must be racist

I doubt there is a country that isn't racist. Tribalism is a normal thing. If I were in investigative reporting I would set up a thing where you get people to come to a hotel on some pretense. They won something or the like, but they have to wait in one of two meeting rooms to claim it. In each meeting room, hire actors, and each room would be 95% blacks or whites. See which room the subjects choose, after stressing they are identical just that for some reason there had to be 2 rooms. Blame the hotel, whatever. Find a way to get the most liberal and conservative subjects. Draw from a college for the liberals. For the conservatives find an outdoorsman club or something.

But that is just for fun. Reality is in the USA "racism" has mostly been defined down to whites not supporting a cause the left demands they support. Or just not supporting the black guy. Or pointing out inconvenient facts, as Limbaugh did about media support of black QBs.

Non-whites are very rarely called out for racist behaviors and actions. Some people deny non-whites can even be racist. All I can say is I am tired of hearing it used when someone cannot defend their point.
billryan
billryan
April 10th, 2019 at 6:42:24 PM permalink
How many of the September 11th attackers illegally entered the country?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 10th, 2019 at 10:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

How many of the September 11th attackers illegally entered the country?

I'm pretty sure they were all here on student visas legally, but I'm too tired to look it up. Makes me burn every time I think about them. Several of them trained here in Florida.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 11th, 2019 at 5:05:02 AM permalink
Ah, seems like only yesterday righties were pretending white nationalists weren’t a threat to this country. Oh wait, that WAS yesterday.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
Minty
April 11th, 2019 at 6:44:22 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Ah, seems like only yesterday righties were pretending white nationalists weren’t a threat to this country. Oh wait, that WAS yesterday.

Terrorist groups of all kinds should be sought out and destroyed.

I'm not really so sure anyone was saying that there were no problem with White Nationalists; there is a tendency on this board, and in society in general, to conflate being liberal or conservative (and you can add Muslim, illegal immigrant, etc.) with the very worst of that entire group of people. I don't confuse Antifa with everyday Liberals, but every day Liberals should condemn them. Same goes for each of the other groups and the related hate groups out there.

However, some here do call people racist thugs just for the hell of it, get away with it, and that is part of the problem of lumping everyone together...wearing a MAGA hat is not a racist act. Having had racist acts a few years back at a school one attended doesn't make you a racist. Wanting control of our borders and the entire process of immigration does not make one a racist.

Again, for clarity, Terrorist groups of all kinds should be sought out and destroyed. Legally, of course.
terapined
terapined
April 11th, 2019 at 7:04:34 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I'm still waiting for the police news conference today regarding motive
His father, a sheriff turned him in. He got suspicious when he found a gas can.
Lets not throw black metal and pagans under the bus. They may attract neo Nazis but overall I have no problems with those groups
Overall , this does look like domestic white supremacist terrorism due to the targets but lets see
RonC
RonC
April 11th, 2019 at 7:23:07 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Lets not throw black metal and pagans under the bus. They may attract neo Nazis but overall I have no problems with those groups

Kind of what I was talking about in my earlier post...just because their are people who are idiots that listen to a certain kind of music or who have certain beliefs (or lack thereof), the whole group should not be labeled as idiots.
Last edited by: RonC on Apr 11, 2019
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
April 11th, 2019 at 8:11:15 AM permalink

See the Second Amendment...I believe you need to have to show a government ID to exercise your right to bear arms in all 50 states.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 11th, 2019 at 8:26:59 AM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

See the Second Amendment...I believe you need to have to show a government ID to exercise your right to bear arms in all 50 states.

I believe a father can give his son a gun, Requires no ID. (Maybe not in all states)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
April 11th, 2019 at 9:04:29 AM permalink
An ID is required in all 50 states to purchase a gun...Steverinos question was what other Constitutionally guaranteed right requires an ID. The answer is exercising your Second Amendment right to purchase a firearm in the United States requires a government issued ID. In many states it also requires paying fees and passing a firearms safety test. So requiring an ID to vote is no different than requiring an ID to buy a gun, both may involve paying some $$ to get the necessary documentation to participate. Try a different tactic on arguing against voter ID's...this one is a loser.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 11th, 2019 at 9:21:32 AM permalink

Not necessarily in Nevada.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 11th, 2019 at 9:37:07 AM permalink

An ID is required in all 50 states to purchase a gun...Steverinos question was what other Constitutionally guaranteed right requires an ID. The answer is exercising your Second Amendment right to purchase a firearm in the United States requires a government issued ID. In many states it also requires paying fees and passing a firearms safety test. So requiring an ID to vote is no different than requiring an ID to buy a gun, both may involve paying some $$ to get the necessary documentation to participate. Try a different tactic on arguing against voter ID's...this one is a loser.

From federally licensed dealers, yes. From private sellers? ...no
Last edited by: Steverinos on Apr 11, 2019
RonC
RonC
April 11th, 2019 at 10:16:19 AM permalink

From federally licensed dealers, yes. From private sellers? ...no

If you oppose voter ID, should you not also oppose IDs for gun purchases? Both are "rights" as things stand today.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 11th, 2019 at 10:27:05 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

If you oppose voter ID, should you not also oppose IDs for gun purchases? Both are "rights" as things stand today.

Not if you also believe that historical events like the Whiskey and Shay's rebellion prove that the founding fathers never intended for the 2nd Amendment to be interpreted the way it has been for the last 40 or so years since the NRA changed it's platform, I think in 1977 at their Cincinnati convention. Not if you also believe that if you are not part of a state "militia" (which the closest thing we have to that in 2019 is the National Guard), you do not have, as individual citizens, an unregulated and unchecked right to bear arms.
terapined
terapined
April 11th, 2019 at 10:58:33 AM permalink
Has Candace Owens commented on the Louisiana church fires?
  • Jump to: