Thread Rating:

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
September 7th, 2019 at 3:21:31 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

as y'all know I was math challenged all my life but after a recent episode of metabolic crises in intracranial pressure, it has gotten worse,

Here is the data:' cereal box reads:16.4 ounces ... 465grams.

serving size is 63grams or one and one quarter cups.

about seven servings per container.

any way to figure out what each tiny bit of shredded wheat is?

How many bits are in a cup?

Throw the wheat in the trash and your metabolic syndrome might take care of itself.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
September 7th, 2019 at 5:31:18 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Throw the wheat in the trash and your metabolic syndrome might take care of itself.

And replace it with what?
I get MoW which is often chicken or beef but with things like rice or pasta. They bring cookie or pastry as well and a vegetable. Both MoW and the Food Bank bring loaves of bread and the FoodBank is heavy on breads, pastry and sugary junk food.

I'd like to do beans and keep my calories to the 1,000 to 1,200 per day, but shredded wheat is simple and fast and is without sugar. Beans take time and often get tiresome.

I no longer get much sugar-water and the only salt is either in the MoW food or its from their weekly bag of potato chips. Since I have gout I do try to consume a good deal of water which probably washes a lot of salt out of my system.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
September 7th, 2019 at 5:35:13 PM permalink

And replace it with what?
I get MoW which is often chicken or beef but with things like rice or pasta. They bring cookie or pastry as well and a vegetable. Both MoW and the Food Bank bring loaves of bread and the FoodBank is heavy on breads, pastry and sugary junk food.

I'd like to do beans and keep my calories to the 1,000 to 1,200 per day, but shredded wheat is simple and fast and is without sugar. Beans take time and often get tiresome.

I no longer get much sugar-water and the only salt is either in the MoW food or its from their weekly bag of potato chips. Since I have gout I do try to consume a good deal of water which probably washes a lot of salt out of my system.

I forgot you're the MoW guy. I don't know what you can do except let them continue to kill you slowly. I'm sorry.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
September 7th, 2019 at 6:00:55 PM permalink
It may not be quite so slowly. I've been told to see an Interventional Cardiologist to see if he can replace a fifteen year old non-eluded stent, but I can't get transportation to even discuss it despite all the forms I endlessly fill out.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
September 8th, 2019 at 8:27:37 AM permalink

as y'all know I was math challenged all my life but after a recent episode of metabolic crises in intracranial pressure, it has gotten worse,

Here is the data:' cereal box reads:16.4 ounces ... 465grams.

serving size is 63grams or one and one quarter cups.

about seven servings per container.

any way to figure out what each tiny bit of shredded wheat is?

Yes, count the number of shreaded wheats in a serving and divide that into 63.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
September 9th, 2019 at 8:40:28 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I forgot you're the MoW guy. I don't know what you can do except let them continue to kill you slowly. I'm sorry.

I lucked out today! The delivery volunteer had extras, so I got an extra breakfast today.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 154
September 10th, 2019 at 3:58:20 PM permalink
Tostitos creamy spinach dip
funny thing is I don't even like spinach
but this baby rocks - a plain cracker is all you need
beats the hell out of Doritos...............................................................................

"but I don't care too much for money..........money can't buy me love".............. the Beatles
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
September 10th, 2019 at 4:15:38 PM permalink
contains DATEM, linked to leaket gut syndrome, banned by whole foods.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
September 10th, 2019 at 4:15:43 PM permalink
I have this once a week. A bed of
fried eggplant and red tomatoes.
Paper thin sliced roast beef and
roast pork on top. Melted cheddar
and sour cream. Layers of flavor,
I would order this in a restaurant
but they never have stuff like this.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
September 10th, 2019 at 5:12:55 PM permalink
I love your food posts, but I wish you had a better camera.

• Jump to: