Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14227
August 10th, 2019 at 11:56:59 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Maybe you're thinking of Freddy's. I remember the burger and fries being edible... certainly better than BK or McDs, not as good as In N Out, and the custard being pretty damn tasty.



No I think it's Culver's. Fantastic custard (that's really rich ice cream) and really good fresh-made hamburgers. Highly recommend if your diet allows high-calorie goodness.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14423
August 10th, 2019 at 12:18:36 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

And they had a gun to your head forcing you to eat it.

They surely did. Its not just will power; its won't power that I lack.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14227
August 10th, 2019 at 1:12:50 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Oh, that Meals On Wheels stuff is good. Had energy and felt great this morning until all that sugar-laden stuff arrived: guava pastry, yeast rolls, rum-raisin bread pudding, orange juice. Now its sugar jags and dozing off!

Making Bean Soup today.

Considering mashed potato mix but can't add the requested milk, so not sure what to do.



The milk is not essential. It tastes creamier than with water, but if you have some butter, put a bit extra of that in. They'll just taste more like baked insides than mashed.

Now, if you have some chicken or turkey boullion or liquid stock, and you boil that instead of just water, then mix in your potatoes, that's a VERY nice substitute. No milk needed.

Swanson's turkey stock in a can is usually less than a dollar. One can will make about 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 2897
August 10th, 2019 at 3:38:40 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff



Considering mashed potato mix but can't add the requested milk, so not sure what to do.




instead of mashed potato mix if you just get a russet potato, microwave it for 12 minutes, then put it on your plate, cut it up and mash it all down with a big soup spoon you'll have something much better than a mix, basically it's mashed potatoes, just a little lumpier - add butter or margarine and you're in like Flint - eat or don't eat the skin per your preference - the more you mash it down with a spoon the smoother it gets
𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 - 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮.........Edgar Allan Poe
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14423
August 10th, 2019 at 3:59:31 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

if you just get a russet potato, microwave it for 12 minutes, then

Lady Variance has decreed that I be without transportation for awhile and am therefore unable to acquire a Russet potato. Lady Variance has also decreed that, for the nonce, I will have to be without a microwave. I am very angry with Lady Variance. I have good reason to be.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14423
August 10th, 2019 at 4:08:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The milk is not essential. It tastes creamier than with water, but if you have some butter, put a bit extra of that in. They'll just taste more like baked insides than mashed.
Now, if you have some chicken or turkey boullion or liquid stock, and you boil that instead of just water, then mix in your potatoes, that's a VERY nice substitute. No milk needed.
Swanson's turkey stock in a can is usually less than a dollar. One can will make about 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes.

Thanks. Once every eight weeks the food bank provides a can of ready-made Progresso chicken soup, so maybe I will use that. I will be consuming parsley and I know it goes well with potatoes. Its a good option to use parsley when your Rx for a diuretic runs out.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
Thanks for this post from:
RigondeauxMaxPen
August 11th, 2019 at 7:36:13 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have never done any illegal drugs, including marijuana, but if I ever decide to I will try heroin. I just like the concept of cooking it in a bottle cap in the alley and then sticking the needle in my arm. I think that intrigues me more than the drug itself.


I can see DRich now, talking to a drug dealer, "Yes, excuse me sir. Umm, how much would you recommend for a first time user? I heard with some drugs it might matter how much you've eaten that day, so for more complete information, the last time I ate was 3 days ago and it was a box of unheated Totino's pizza rolls. Oh I also had a bar of snickers and handful of skittles for breakfast today."
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 168
  • Posts: 9306
August 11th, 2019 at 8:39:48 AM permalink
A little experimenting last night.
Stir fryed some deli roast beef, threw in some frozen onions and peppers, shredded mozzarella, mixed a sauce of smoky BBQ and teriyaki sauce, all on a toasted Kings Hawaiian roll., served with a side of raw carrots.
Had a similar sandwich from a food truck at a foodie fest and have been trying to duplicate it since. Roast beef doesn't taste quite right, nor do steak-ums.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14227
August 11th, 2019 at 9:13:51 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

A little experimenting last night.
Stir fryed some deli roast beef, threw in some frozen onions and peppers, shredded mozzarella, mixed a sauce of smoky BBQ and teriyaki sauce, all on a toasted Kings Hawaiian roll., served with a side of raw carrots.
Had a similar sandwich from a food truck at a foodie fest and have been trying to duplicate it since. Roast beef doesn't taste quite right, nor do steak-ums.



Buy a package in the meat department of raw steak tips. Usually pretty cheap, around $4/lb. Sear on high heat 3 minutes on a couple sides in butter, salt, and pepper. Pull them off the heat and slice thin. Do your stir-fry as above, adding the meat last, after the frozen vegs have softened.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2219
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPen
August 11th, 2019 at 9:23:29 AM permalink
I would ask but Iím assuming you tried the $1 ribeyes already

  • Jump to: