Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 9th, 2019 at 9:20:18 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Is this the place with the frozen custard?.. . . the dessert kicked ass.

24 grams of sugar per serving!
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 9th, 2019 at 9:27:55 AM permalink
Ironically, according to some people, that's pretty healthy Drich. Since what you eat might be less important than when and how much. (I'm skeptical. But I can see the argument. We're omnivores, evolved to eat all kinds of crap. But not evolved to sit around stuffing our faces relentlessly.)

I've dabbled in low-grade opioids, such as prescription cough medicine and vikes. I enjoyed them very much and so I knew that if I tried the more potent stuff, the wheels would probably come off. But once they come off anyway...
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 9th, 2019 at 9:32:54 AM permalink

Is this the place with the frozen custard? I wasnt crazy about their Signature burger combo but the dessert kicked ass.

Maybe you're thinking of Freddy's. I remember the burger and fries being edible... certainly better than BK or McDs, not as good as In N Out, and the custard being pretty damn tasty.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 168
August 9th, 2019 at 9:42:42 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Maybe you're thinking of Freddy's. I remember the burger and fries being edible... certainly better than BK or McDs, not as good as In N Out, and the custard being pretty damn tasty.

No, this is a chain I hadn't seen before. In fact, I thought it was a mom and pop place that just grew. One in Sierra.Vista, and a couple in Tucson. Better custard than Freddys. I never had Freddys burgers.
billryan
billryan
August 9th, 2019 at 9:45:24 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

24 grams of sugar per serving!

It's okay. I washed it down with copious amounts of Diet Root Beer. When you add in all the calories saved, it's quasi-healthy. I wouldn't eat it every meal, but two or three times a day.....
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
August 9th, 2019 at 9:46:40 AM permalink

No, this is a chain I hadn't seen before. In fact, I thought it was a mom and pop place that just grew. One in Sierra.Vista, and a couple in Tucson. Better custard than Freddys. I never had Freddys burgers.

Culver's is a big chain in the midwest. Great custard and average food. I think they have over 700 locations.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 10th, 2019 at 8:23:05 AM permalink
Oh, that Meals On Wheels stuff is good. Had energy and felt great this morning until all that sugar-laden stuff arrived: guava pastry, yeast rolls, rum-raisin bread pudding, orange juice. Now its sugar jags and dozing off!

Making Bean Soup today.

Considering mashed potato mix but can't add the requested milk, so not sure what to do.
billryan
billryan
August 10th, 2019 at 10:05:42 AM permalink
Grilled cheese for breakfast.
Two slices low salt Swiss, a handful of shredded mozzarella, two slices of Italian Roast Beef, a slice of fresh mozzarella , a dollop(?) of Smokey BBQ sauce, on sourdough rye cooked to golden perfection. Ranger pudding on the side.
If only my mind was as easily satisfied as my stomach.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 10th, 2019 at 10:21:57 AM permalink

Making Bean Soup today.

I try to save a few pennies making soup and I fall so hard I bang up my already screwed up knee and have to call the fire department to get me off the floor.

now i'll be out the cost of some pain pills and the ambulance run, so much for saving money!!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
August 10th, 2019 at 10:23:44 AM permalink

Oh, that Meals On Wheels stuff is good. Had energy and felt great this morning until all that sugar-laden stuff arrived: guava pastry, yeast rolls, rum-raisin bread pudding, orange juice. Now its sugar jags and dozing off!

And they had a gun to your head
forcing you to eat it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: