Thread Rating:

ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
November 26th, 2023 at 8:01:50 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I'm surprised 20 minutes was enough I would think 40 or 45 minutes would have been needed to get it hot and cooked and then another 10 minutes for the biscuits.
link to original post

The filling cooked for 35 minutes - 20 minutes by itself, and then another 15 along with the biscuits
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
Thanked by
unJon
November 27th, 2023 at 11:09:11 AM permalink
Turkey Devonshire is almost the same thing as a Kentucky Hot Brown. Some people say it was adapted from the Hot Brown, others say it was developed independently… but who cares. It’s toasted bread, bacon, turkey, tomatoes, covered with a thick cheese sauce, topped with Parmesan and paprika, and baked in a 450° oven for about half an hour.

Order up!

A falling knife has no handle.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 30th, 2023 at 3:16:24 PM permalink
These are portobello mushrooms stuffed with avocado, blue cheese and bacon bits. Oven baked chicken with keto breading. The mushrooms were wonderful I'm going to do that again. As was the chicken.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Mosca
Mosca
December 1st, 2023 at 6:25:44 AM permalink

These are portobello mushrooms stuffed with avocado, blue cheese and bacon bits. Oven baked chicken with keto breading. The mushrooms were wonderful I'm going to do that again. As was the chicken.

link to original post

Ha! Avocado and blue cheese on toast for breakfast, with Tabasco.

Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
unJonodiousgambitVladAlex1
December 7th, 2023 at 6:01:46 AM permalink
I’ve been riffing on the avocados and toast thing for a few days. Today it was toast with avocado, tomato, habanero cheddar, and roasted red pepper. I love habaneros. Ghosts and up are a little too hot, serranos and down are a little too mild (but sometimes they’re not). But this was really good.

The extra tomatoes on the side is a function of Mosca’s Rule of Tomatoes: When you cut a tomato, use it. All of it. Because there’s no point in wrapping it, putting it in the fridge, looking at the mush the next day and throwing it out. Just eat the damn thing, it’s half a tomato. If you live alone, buy smaller tomatoes.

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
December 9th, 2023 at 11:16:44 AM permalink
My dislike for serrated knives has been intensified.

Apparently my family "helped me pack" by putting away key elements of my travelling kitchen, so I had to stop and pick up a cutting board and a knife. No big deal, I figure I'll cut up one head of cabbage this trip, then be back to reclaim my knives.

Big mistake to get the 97 cent lousy Walmart serrated knife, even for "just once - then discard". I'm assuming that the $3 knife is exponentially better. The lousy one hurts the hand and barely cuts. It won't slice, can only chop with great exertion, and is only barely usable in a sawing motion which sends tidbits of cabbage spraying everywhere.

I normally carry a few Kiwis, which aren't amazing, but they take an edge and are cheap enough not to cry over when they inevitably get dulled, lost, or broken in the rigors of travel cooking. Darn shame that they got mislaid at the house. (I blame Ashly.)

Had an apple for breakfast (Ambrosia gold?) - excellent texture, exquisite juiciness, mediocre flavor. Fixing a sandwich now, and complaining about it. Probably rice and vegetables later.
(For all the whining, it was nice to get a few groceries beyond the state line. I missed that a lot.)
May the cards fall in your favor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 9th, 2023 at 1:44:30 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Apparently my family "helped me pack" by putting away key elements of my travelling kitchen, so I had to stop and pick up a cutting board and a knife. No big deal, I figure I'll cut up one head of cabbage this trip, then be back to reclaim my knives.

Big mistake to get the 97 cent lousy Walmart serrated knife, even for "just once - then discard". I'm assuming that the $3 knife is exponentially better. The lousy one hurts the hand and barely cuts. It won't slice, can only chop with great exertion, and is only barely usable in a sawing motion which sends tidbits of cabbage spraying everywhere.

I normally carry a few Kiwis, which aren't amazing, but they take an edge and are cheap enough not to cry over when they inevitably get dulled, lost, or broken in the rigors of travel cooking. Darn shame that they got mislaid at the house. (I blame Ashly.)

Had an apple for breakfast (Ambrosia gold?) - excellent texture, exquisite juiciness, mediocre flavor. Fixing a sandwich now, and complaining about it. Probably rice and vegetables later.
(For all the whining, it was nice to get a few groceries beyond the state line. I missed that a lot.)
link to original post

On the road, having trouble crossing state lines because of contraband, laying low in cheap motels fixing your own food, what the heck do you do for a living.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 9th, 2023 at 3:41:03 PM permalink

link to original post

On the road, having trouble crossing state lines because of contraband, laying low in cheap motels fixing your own food, what the heck do you do for a living.
link to original post

I wasn't kidding when I said I sweep floors.
Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
VladAlex1
December 9th, 2023 at 5:18:18 PM permalink

link to original post

I just hit up an estate sale. I wasn’t looking for these things specifically (I’m looking for a cheap charcuterie board, like under $5) but I couldn’t pass them up. Three All Clad pots for $27, a KitchenAid blender for $16, and a Henckel 8” chef’s knife for $2. The one All Clad is copper core, retails for $400. (I know, nobody pays retail. Nevertheless.)

I did the avocado toast thing again, third or fourth day in a row. This time I skipped the tomato, but did the blue cheese and roasted red pepper again. I also added everything bagel seasoning.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 9th, 2023 at 5:29:53 PM permalink
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go digging at a rummage sale.
A $2 Henckel is a much better deal than I got, even if you have to spend a few minutes dressing the edge.

How big of a board are you looking for? I'm assuming it's basically a wooden cutting board, except not all scuffed up - used for presentation, not chopping onions.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 9th, 2023 at 7:03:18 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

a Henckel 8” chef’s knife for $2.

$2? Who priced the sale, a 7 year old kid. I use the Victorinox 8 inch chef's knife because it was best knife of the year on America's Test Kitchen year after year after year. But a Henckel for $2? That's nuts
Mosca
Mosca
December 10th, 2023 at 6:09:14 AM permalink

$2? Who priced the sale, a 7 year old kid. I use the Victorinox 8 inch chef's knife because it was best knife of the year on America's Test Kitchen year after year after year. But a Henckel for $2? That's nuts
link to original post

The $14 4 qt copper clad pot retails for $400. $400 is idiot money for a pot, but $14 is cheaper than a crappy non-stick aluminum pot from Walmart, by about $10. And it’s heavy as hell, almost like cast iron.

Those Victorinoxes are excellent. I got a chef’s/paring combo for our daughter as a gift. I used them for a few years, then picked up some fancies on sale. They aren’t better, just fancier looking. My friend who owns a butcher shop doesn’t own any of his knives; he rents them. Once a week a guy comes in with a fresh set of sharp blades. John is cheap as hell, he says this is most cost effective for him. I won’t argue, he’s done the math and I haven’t. He said that is common for independent butchers? Idk.
Mosca
Mosca
December 10th, 2023 at 6:18:06 AM permalink

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go digging at a rummage sale.
A $2 Henckel is a much better deal than I got, even if you have to spend a few minutes dressing the edge.

How big of a board are you looking for? I'm assuming it's basically a wooden cutting board, except not all scuffed up - used for presentation, not chopping onions.
link to original post

I know. You gotta go with what you can get. The Member’s Mark knives at Sam’s club are remarkably good for cheap stamped steel. Boning & utility pair for $9.

I want just a cheap board, maybe 20” by 16” or so. Not for cutting, but nice looking. The kind of thing you might get as a wedding present from someone distantly related and then never use and put in a closet for years. I don’t want/need one bad enough to buy new, but I have the time to go slumming around the neighborhood on weekend mornings. If I don’t find one in the next couple weeks I still have non-fancy platters etc I can use. Nobody is going to really care what the cheese and salamis etc come out on.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 10th, 2023 at 7:26:42 AM permalink

link to original post

The $14 4 qt copper clad pot retails for $400. $400 is idiot money for a pot, but $14 is cheaper than a crappy non-stick aluminum pot from Walmart, by about $10. And it’s heavy as hell, almost like cast iron.

Those Victorinoxes are excellent. I got a chef’s/paring combo for our daughter as a gift. I used them for a few years, then picked up some fancies on sale. They aren’t better, just fancier looking. My friend who owns a butcher shop doesn’t own any of his knives; he rents them. Once a week a guy comes in with a fresh set of sharp blades. John is cheap as hell, he says this is most cost effective for him. I won’t argue, he’s done the math and I haven’t. He said that is common for independent butchers? Idk.
link to original post

Getting knives sharpened professionally is expensive and it's time consuming to do it correctly yourself. I can totally understand getting it done like that if you use your knives everyday professionally. I have an electric knife sharpener but it still won't do the job that a professional can do.
Mosca
Mosca
December 10th, 2023 at 7:41:26 AM permalink

Getting knives sharpened professionally is expensive and it's time consuming to do it correctly yourself. I can totally understand getting it done like that if you use your knives everyday professionally. I have an electric knife sharpener but it still won't do the job that a professional can do.
link to original post

Yep. I got a whetstone set and spent an afternoon working on my knives. It was a pain in the ass and I didn’t do a very good job. Then I got a belt sharpener, which did a better job, but I still haven’t gotten them as sharp as they were when new. They’re “sharp enough”. Here in the Pennsyltucky part of PA, there are no local services for consumers, that I’ve found. I want to send them out, but inertia keeps me from doing it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 10th, 2023 at 7:54:35 AM permalink

link to original post

Yep. I got a whetstone set and spent an afternoon working on my knives. It was a pain in the ass and I didn’t do a very good job. Then I got a belt sharpener, which did a better job, but I still haven’t gotten them as sharp as they were when new. They’re “sharp enough”. Here in the Pennsyltucky part of PA, there are no local services for consumers, that I’ve found. I want to send them out, but inertia keeps me from doing it.
link to original post

If you pay to get good knives sharpened professionally they will come back like they were new. I know somebody that does it twice a year and it's really expensive but they are wicked sharp for a long time. I can get mine sharp enough with my electric sharpener, I'm not that picky. I also tried the whetstones and what a lot of work that was, I only did it once and that was enough.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 10th, 2023 at 8:35:12 AM permalink

link to original post

I'd start asking at hardware stores (not big box home improvement warehouses) or fabric stores.
The fabric stores usually have some way to get those $200 quilting shears reground, and I have a feeling that the folks who can do scissors can do knives.

Ideally the hardware store has a really crusty old guy lurking in the back who has been sharpening everything imaginable for the last 54 years. (He also mixes paint and cuts keys with the old style machine.)
That doesn't seem out of place from my experience in "Pennsyltucky" hardware stores, although I admittedly see more signage advertising sharpening services in Indiana Amish country than PA.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 10th, 2023 at 10:25:32 AM permalink
Whatever happened to electric knives? Do people still buy them.

(I attach a power cord to a pen knife and it’s a lethal weapon)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 10th, 2023 at 10:46:35 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Whatever happened to electric knives? Do people still buy them.

(I attach a power cord to a pen knife and it’s a lethal weapon)
link to original post

Well, I stopped buying them, but I think I have two.
Then again, that was 2 houses ago, and things get lost in the shuffle.

(I much prefer rotary slicers now. Electric knives are pretty useful for bread or those who don't care to learn the fine art of carving roast meat.)
Mosca
Mosca
December 11th, 2023 at 6:43:55 AM permalink
I made a BLT with blue cheese and basil pesto mayonnaise. It was a mixed bag. There were too many bold flavors competing for attention. Bacon, blue cheese, and basil would go much better in a salad where they aren’t all trying to be the main players.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 11th, 2023 at 6:55:23 AM permalink
I found what I hope is a great score.

5 pounds of beef jerky for $60. I usually consider anything under $1 an ounce a good find. I won't have it until Wednesday so I can't vouch for the quality yet but the seller gets great reviews.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1099535082/beef-jerky-original-flavor-5-pounds-pack
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 12th, 2023 at 9:56:11 AM permalink
I usually have a Christmas Eve feast and this year on the list so far of ingredients I have prime rib, bacon, shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, anchovies, apples. I don't know exactly what I'm going to make but the list of ingredients is growing. I may go with ribeye instead of prime rib because after all, the ribeye is the center of the prime rib. It's really the same thing.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
VladAlex1
December 12th, 2023 at 9:09:56 PM permalink

link to original post

I spent 20 minutes today sharpening my knives for the upcoming holidays. I have an 8 in and a 10-in Victorinox chef's knife and a couple other smaller knives that are not name brands. I can get the chef's knives so sharp you could shave with them. I have to be very careful when I use them because they're dangerous when they're this sharp but they sure do the job. These are about $40 new on Amazon but you can find them used on eBay for between 10 and $15 and I can't see where a used one would be any different than a new one because you can always put an edge back on them. One of the best knives I've ever used and I had some expensive knives at one time.

Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
odiousgambit
December 13th, 2023 at 6:08:00 AM permalink
I like my “new” Henckel. I honed it, and I was going to sharpen it, but I tested it on a tomato first; just resting the blade on the skin and drawing it back a tiny amount started the cut. It’s about the same as the knives I’ve been using the past 10 years, which are Globals. I still have a slight preference for the Globals, but I think that’s mostly because I’m used to the way they feel, and to the balance; if I use the Henckel for a month, I’m sure I will then prefer it to the Global.

I liked my Victorinoxes, a lot. I switched to Global for reasons other than sharpness. I like the way Globals feel, I like the balance, and I like the way they look; they’re very distinctive. And I found the 8” chefs knife for $50, which was 50% off what they sold for at the time, making it close enough that I didn’t feel stupid for blowing $$ on a knife when I already had one. And I gave the Victorinoxes to my daughter. I myself didn’t own a decent knife until I was in my 50s, it was important to me that the same thing didn’t happen to her.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 13th, 2023 at 7:59:06 AM permalink
I didn't have them today, but I have discovered Swiss enchiladas and burritos, and my world may never be the same. I'm still feeling my way around the countless varieties, as each food truck makes them different. They are Mexican but with an Italian food influence. Sort of like a handheld lasagna, although only the men use their hands. Women and kids seem to use a knife and folk. They remind me of a healthy pizza roll.
It's as if after a lifetime of hamburgers, someone threw some cheese on top.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
December 13th, 2023 at 8:57:18 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

5 pounds of beef jerky for $60. I usually consider anything under $1 an ounce a good find. I won't have it until Wednesday so I can't vouch for the quality yet but the seller gets great reviews.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1099535082/beef-jerky-original-flavor-5-pounds-pack
link to original post

I got my bag of jerky. It is pretty good, not the best. I am kind of a jerky critic. What is nice about it is that it is not too sweet and has a good smoke on it. I would prefer if it was a little saltier and drier. I like my jerky tough like the old cowboys ate. Put one piece in your mouth and chew it for 20 minutes. This jerky is more traditional commercial jerky so it is softer like most of the major brands.

I believe the reason it is so cheap is because I am guessing it is the irregular pieces that are not preferred for the smaller 3oz or 6oz packages.

I will be buying this every month if the 5 pound pack stays at this price.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 13th, 2023 at 9:44:09 AM permalink

link to original post

I got my bag of jerky. It is pretty good, not the best. I am kind of a jerky critic. What is nice about it is that it is not too sweet and has a good smoke on it. I would prefer if it was a little saltier and drier. I like my jerky tough like the old cowboys ate.
link to original post

I was going to tell you that I can almost guarantee it's going to be softer and not last as long as good jerky. Because like you say good jerky you can chew on it for 20 minutes or half an hour but the cheap stuff is gone in under 10 minutes. The tougher it is the more expensive it is. If you're eating that much of it you should make it yourself just get a dryer and you'll save a ton of money in the end.
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
December 13th, 2023 at 4:51:37 PM permalink
My 8-in Victorinox chef's knife is a winner for daily use. Sharp with very ergonomically friendly handle. Great and safety for the wet hands
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 13th, 2023 at 6:16:19 PM permalink
Wife diced and fried Spam, blended with cooked peas and carrots and pre-cooked, cold rice: warmed it through and seasoned with soy sauce. Easy.
Last edited by: MrV on Dec 13, 2023
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 13th, 2023 at 10:52:46 PM permalink
I'm sure nobody will watch this video but I'm going to post it anyway. The benefits of Omega3 is well documented. I've been eating a can of sardines everyday for lunch for 5 years and after watching this video I'm going to up that, I'm also going to start eating canned salmon everyday. I always have 40 or 50 cans of canned fish in my pantry, or more. There's no expiration date on canned fish it'll last for years. Do it or don't do it, it's your health not mine.

odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 14th, 2023 at 5:07:59 AM permalink

I was going to tell you that I can almost guarantee it's going to be softer and not last as long as good jerky. Because like you say good jerky you can chew on it for 20 minutes or half an hour but the cheap stuff is gone in under 10 minutes. The tougher it is the more expensive it is. If you're eating that much of it you should make it yourself just get a dryer and you'll save a ton of money in the end.
link to original post

I have made my own jerky and I subscribe to the idea that proper jerky is something you dry, not something you cook!

the stuff you can buy is made entirely wrong if you subscribe to this ...
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 14th, 2023 at 7:12:01 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

link to original post

I have made my own jerky and I subscribe to the idea that proper jerky is something you dry, not something you cook!

the stuff you can buy is made entirely wrong if you subscribe to this ...
link to original post

If you watch how the Indians make jerky they just take strips of beef and lay it in the sun till it's totally dry.
DRich
DRich
December 14th, 2023 at 7:51:02 AM permalink

If you watch how the Indians make jerky they just take strips of beef and lay it in the sun till it's totally dry.

When I make jerky I just marinate some sliced up raw beef and put it in the food dehydrator.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 14th, 2023 at 9:33:39 AM permalink

When I make jerky I just marinate some sliced up raw beef and put it in the food dehydrator.
link to original post

If you can do that, why are you buying it. Homemade is so much better if you do it right. And cheaper.
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
odiousgambit
December 14th, 2023 at 10:01:35 AM permalink

link to original post

If you can do that, why are you buying it. Homemade is so much better if you do it right. And cheaper.
link to original post

Because I am lazy and have a little discretionary income.

I am probably the laziest person that anyone on this forum has ever met. If I can afford to pay someone else to do something then I am not doing it myself. This week I was actually ambitious. I put a screw in my mailbox that had fallen out and I put air in the tires of my SUV. I was exhausted and don't plan on doing anything else this year.
billryan
billryan
December 14th, 2023 at 10:04:07 AM permalink
Generally, I boil my ravioli and just toss a bit of sauce on it. Still, I made baked ravioli with generous amounts of mozzarella ricotta cheese blended into a meat sauce yesterday.
It was good last night, but I fried up the remainder this morning, taking it to the next level.
It's a pleasure to have a full kitchen and be able to use an oven. Camper ovens that use propane don't cook nearly as well as house ovens on natural gas. I used my air fryer to cook roasts, but baked Italian food needs a full oven.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
December 14th, 2023 at 10:16:40 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I am probably the laziest person that anyone on this forum has ever met. If I can afford to pay someone else to do something then I am not doing it myself. This week I was actually ambitious. I put a screw in my mailbox that had fallen out and I put air in the tires of my SUV. I was exhausted and don't plan on doing anything else this year.

Nothing wrong with that. Spread the wealth around. Why be selfish and mow your own lawn when so many people need the work and the money?
God blessed me with more than I need and if I can use some to help someone work, it brings joy to others.
Some people get satisfaction from a hard days work. I get mine by helping them be satisfied.
link to original post

EvenBob
EvenBob
December 14th, 2023 at 10:32:36 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Why be selfish and mow your own lawn when so many people need the work and the money?
link to original post

Because it's hard to stay physically fit by paying somebody else to do all your work for you. Everything you read now says one of the keys to health as you get older is to keep moving as much as possible, move move move, always be moving always be working, paying somebody else just keeps them moving not you.
billryan
billryan
December 14th, 2023 at 10:52:29 AM permalink
Last week, I hired a U of Arizona student to wash my car and do some shapeup work around the yard. It's not like I sat on my patio and watched him. While he was working, I took a nice eight-mile ride on my e-bike. He's happy; he has a few dollars in his pocket. I'm happy. I have a clean car, and my yard looks a bit nicer.
All is well in my world.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 14th, 2023 at 3:33:08 PM permalink

[

link to original post

Surprised you got the screw all the way in without tiring out.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 14th, 2023 at 3:54:37 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

[

link to original post

Surprised you got the screw all the way in without tiring out.
link to original post

He forgot to mention it was a three-day project..
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 14th, 2023 at 4:36:13 PM permalink
Homemade pizza, made the sauce from scratch. I don't like canned pizza sauce it has too much sugar in it. Made the keto dough from scratch.This has ham, pepperoni, onion, anchovies, turkey breast, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Way better than store-bought, Pizzeria pizza always gives me heartburn 100% of the time. I don't make this very often because it's a lot of work but it's really worth it for a treat once in a while.

DRich
DRich
December 14th, 2023 at 5:35:20 PM permalink

\
link to original post

Actually it was. I had to go on Amazon and order a pack of screws which took two days (too lazy to go to Home Depot four blocks from my house). Then one day to put it in.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 14th, 2023 at 6:15:39 PM permalink

\
link to original post

Actually it was. I had to go on Amazon and order a pack of screws which took two days (too lazy to go to Home Depot four blocks from my house). Then one day to put it in.
link to original post

Not bad!
I think my last "put in two screws" project took me 8 days, of which 6+ days was gathering materials.
Similarly, it took the same 8 days to work up the gumption to unroll a rug.

On topic, a bowl of oatmeal with raisins & cinnamon; a handful of apples.
Trying to decide if I throw some vegetables in the cooker (and walk the floor to scout), or just skip the meal and look for something playable in the morning.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 16th, 2023 at 6:48:48 AM permalink
Taylor Pork Roll, egg, and cheese sandwich.
I think I slightly undercooked the pork roll, and may have used too gooey a cheese (individually wrapped "singles") - the cheese was masking the tangy chewiness I expected from the ham. I think the deli style processed cheese - not individually wrapped, less gooey - is the traditional pairing.

I may have to pick up a few extra packs of the Taylor ham to take back to the family. They're not fans of Lebanon bologna, but this might be up their street.
DRich
DRich
December 16th, 2023 at 7:34:35 AM permalink

I think I slightly undercooked the pork roll, and may have used too gooey a cheese (individually wrapped "singles") - the cheese was masking the tangy chewiness I expected from the ham. I think the deli style processed cheese - not individually wrapped, less gooey - is the traditional pairing.

I may have to pick up a few extra packs of the Taylor ham to take back to the family. They're not fans of Lebanon bologna, but this might be up their street.
link to original post

I like Taylor Pork roll although I haven't had it in years. My favorite bologna is Troyers.

EvenBob
EvenBob
December 16th, 2023 at 7:54:35 AM permalink

link to original post

I like Taylor Pork roll although I haven't had it in years. My favorite bologna is Troyers.

link to original post

Looks like it expired in 2014, why don't you make a sandwich out of it and let us know how it goes.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 16th, 2023 at 8:16:55 AM permalink
I think that's a "best before" date, not an expiration...
(smirk)
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 16th, 2023 at 8:56:29 AM permalink

(smirk)
link to original post

Even better, that's right up Drich's alley of putting questionable things in his mouth and living through it. Like 2-year-old gas station hot dogs..
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
December 16th, 2023 at 9:09:31 AM permalink

(smirk)
link to original post

Even better, that's right up Drich's alley of putting questionable things in his mouth and living through it. Like 2-year-old gas station hot dogs..
link to original post

Lots of us have. I personally have stopped gas station clerks from discarding the leathery toughened hot dogs that have been rolling on the grill a few hours more than usual, so I could buy them. (Better texture, exquisite flavor. IYKYK. The kid wanted to sell me "fresh" ones that hadn't yet aged properly.)
  • Jump to: