Thread Rating:

Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
October 28th, 2023 at 5:57:31 PM permalink
Gotcha. Nothing wrong with that, either.
A falling knife has no handle.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 28th, 2023 at 6:00:15 PM permalink
Wife went and got Mexican take out from a foofdcart a couple miles down the road.

I was leery about food carts initially, but have come to appreciate them, especially now that I found one we consider to be borderline "great."
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 28th, 2023 at 6:25:37 PM permalink
This is my version of an olive burger. I chopped up the green olives and added two cloves of chopped garlic, horseradish sauce, chopped bacon, and Mayo. If you ordered an olive burger in a restaurant they put the chopped up olives into the burger and I don't like that because it tends to make the burger fall apart when you cook it. This way I get a bloody red perfect burger and a very tangy topping. You can taste every ingredient separately. The usual oven baked turnip fries with onion and garlic powder and smoked paprika. I'm starting to like these better and better every time I make them, it's the smoked paprika that does it.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
October 28th, 2023 at 6:47:32 PM permalink
Is the cottage cheese looking stuff your olive-horseradish tapenade?
May the cards fall in your favor.
Mosca
Mosca
October 30th, 2023 at 6:14:33 AM permalink
Last weekend for the farmers market. I picked up some really cool looking mini cabbages for 25¢ each

Chopped one up with a little onion

And mixed it up with a couple scrambled eggs. It has no eyeballs at all, in fact it looks kinda disgusting, but it tasted really good.

Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
EvenBob
October 30th, 2023 at 3:34:10 PM permalink
A poblano pepper stuffed with and surrounded by Navajo green chili, topped with cheese, crema, ghost pepper sauce, and some tortilla chips for texture. This is one of my favorite foods. Navajo green is basically cubed pork and Hatch chiles.

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 30th, 2023 at 7:11:18 PM permalink
Had a Wendy's Baconator for lunch and thought it was disappointing. It was overcooked and dry, not fresh and juicy. I had a Daves single a few weeks ago, and it was better than I'd remembered. It was eight dollars with tax, and not worth it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 30th, 2023 at 10:48:39 PM permalink
I don't really consider this cooking but man was it good. I took six whole onions, 12 oz of frozen green beans, 1 lb of Frozen cooked corned beef, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of chicken broth, with a couple tablespoons of onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and put it all in the instant pot pressure cooker for 10 minutes. It actually took 40 minutes before it started cooking so it took a total of 50 minutes. Took out the corned beef and cut it into cubes. Added some Parmesan cheese on top and ate it with some sour cream and this was just wonderful. Made enough for two days. This is my third instant pot I wear them out because I use them so much. Best place to buy them is Facebook Marketplace you can get them for 1/3 the cost of a new one and they're almost new because people don't use them, they get them for gifts and end up selling them.

Last edited by: EvenBob on Oct 30, 2023
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
October 30th, 2023 at 10:55:00 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Had a Wendy's Baconator for lunch and thought it was disappointing. It was overcooked and dry, not fresh and juicy. I had a Daves single a few weeks ago, and it was better than I'd remembered. It was eight dollars with tax, and not worth it.
link to original post

couple weeks ago my dad had Hardee's big game burger he said it was good but not worth the 8.49 plus tax. Burger only...no combo or anything crazy
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
October 31st, 2023 at 8:06:04 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

link to original post

couple weeks ago my dad had Hardee's big game burger he said it was good but not worth the 8.49 plus tax. Burger only...no combo or anything crazy
link to original post

New law passed in CA effective April of 2024 requires fast food restaurants to pay their employees a minimum wage of $20/hr. Can you imagine the new price of a Big Mac? What will their Dollar Menu look like? Probably a buck a fry?

tuttigym
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 31st, 2023 at 11:50:10 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Quote: avianrandy

link to original post

link to original post

New law passed in CA effective April of 2024 requires fast food restaurants to pay their employees a minimum wage of $20/hr. Can you imagine the new price of a Big Mac? What will their Dollar Menu look like? Probably a buck a fry?

tuttigym
link to original post

You don’t have to imagine, it’s not like $20/hr for fast food workers is unheard of. I imagine a lot of locations in California were already paying that.

The average hourly wage of a McDonald’s employee in NYC is $24/hr and a Big Mac is $6.77.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 31st, 2023 at 1:05:41 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

The average hourly wage of a McDonald’s employee in NYC is $24/hr and a Big Mac is $6.77.
link to original post

I heard the other day it's the cost of housing. Across the United States rent has doubled since 2010. So have mortgages. Some guy found a list of groceries bought at Walmart in 2005 that had details of every product. The size who made it and the price. Total price in 2005 was $87. Total price in 2023 was $195. And a lot of the packages were smaller now so it was even more of a cost. 14 oz shrunk to 11 oz on a lot of snacks and things like cookies and desserts were smaller sizes.
Last edited by: EvenBob on Oct 31, 2023
billryan
billryan
October 31st, 2023 at 3:23:58 PM permalink
The official inflation rate says it takes $1.41 to buy what $1 bought in 2010. Something that cost $1 in the year 2000 now costs $1.79.
That means we have averaged about three percent inflation a year since then. That's with multiple recessions, an endless war, and a pandemic.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 1st, 2023 at 3:20:09 AM permalink
Roast Beast on a recent weekend

Leg of Venison minus the shank. I am hooked on processing your own now, you take it to a processor and they screw it all up, giving you a bunch of hamburger meat, not that many too thinly cut steaks, along with the tenderloins which is hard to screw up thank god. I guess the fault partly is with what most dumbaxes, limited in culinary ability, actually want. A typical guy can cook a steak but is puzzled by a roast I guess. And they debone everything, what the hell for? Did I previously post the pic of the deer ribs with tenderloins still attached? You aren't going to get that either if you don't do it yourself. In the past I've asked for roasts, not steaks, and that helps some with a processor.

The tragedy that goes on during deer season is the chef's bonanza, something to dream about, that so very very often gets reduced to something nobody could care much about

Last edited by: odiousgambit on Nov 1, 2023
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
November 1st, 2023 at 3:34:14 AM permalink
Evidently I never posted this

deer ribs with tenderloin attached. On the grill you cook the tenderloin with direct heat, the ribs with indirect heat. To kill for!

Well, actually, that's how you get them, but it's butcher-it-yourself or you don't get them

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
odiousgambit
November 1st, 2023 at 7:12:34 AM permalink
Man, if I liked venison that would be amazing. I really appreciate your feeling of delicious bounty.

Lots of deer hunting here in the Northeast. I’ve never acquired a taste for it, though. I’ve tried, if it had worked it would be another delicious thing!
billryan
billryan
November 1st, 2023 at 7:46:31 AM permalink
I'd always heard venison was great, but I found it very gamey. My cousin, who is a hunter, prepared some for me and didn't care for his either.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 1st, 2023 at 9:53:21 AM permalink

I'd always heard venison was great, but I found it very gamey. My cousin, who is a hunter, prepared some for me and didn't care for his either.
link to original post

It is also stronger than I prefer. When it is blended with other meat it can be fine because the gamey taste is mellowed out by the beef or pork you are mixing it with.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
November 1st, 2023 at 10:14:27 AM permalink
I find people will use goofy recipes and try to mask the taste of venison, thus other people get served venison that they decide they don't like, not knowing it can taste good. Sometimes the deer has been mishandled, if I get offered uncooked venison I have found there's a hefty chance it's "off"

Every animal has its own flavor, so it's possible to just not be familiar with it. I'd say venison has some similarity to lamb in flavor, and if you like lamb, you should like venison
billryan
billryan
November 1st, 2023 at 10:38:55 AM permalink
I'm not much of a lamb person, either. I prefer a gyro to a leg of lamb. I've always been a picky eater. I like to eat, and I eat what I like.
If my diet doesn't kill me, I'll live 'til I die.
Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
odiousgambit
November 1st, 2023 at 12:04:47 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I find people will use goofy recipes and try to mask the taste of venison, thus other people get served venison that they decide they don't like, not knowing it can taste good. Sometimes the deer has been mishandled, if I get offered uncooked venison I have found there's a hefty chance it's "off"

Every animal has its own flavor, so it's possible to just not be familiar with it. I'd say venison has some similarity to lamb in flavor, and if you like lamb, you should like venison
link to original post

Those are also part of it. Deer that eat corn from farmers fields taste different from deer that eat acorns out of the woods. Every hunter thinks that he handles the carcass correctly, but that is not the case. Every butcher is completely sure he knows what he is doing, but obviously not.

And everyone has a secret family recipe that is supposed to make venison palatable… but why should you need a special recipe, if your venison is palatable? Well, it’s because you are hunting the same land your dad and granddad did, handling the carcass the way they taught you to, and probably taking it to the same butcher they did, too!

I do like lamb, by the way. There is a similarity to venison, but it’s different enough that each hits my brain a different way.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 1st, 2023 at 12:14:42 PM permalink
Ate a pre-packaged SW style salad from the local grocer.

Good value, and good for you.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
Mosca
November 1st, 2023 at 2:44:46 PM permalink

I find people will use goofy recipes and try to mask the taste of venison,
link to original post

Never had a piece of venison in my life that I can tolerate. Never cooked it myself but it always tastes really gamey to me and tough. And to make a burger out of ground venison you had to put half of it in ground beef so what's the point. Even then it still tastes dry and gamey.
I live in Michigan where there's lots of deer hunters and I've never seen one yet that doesn't throw away most of the venison in his freezer to make room for the new venison for this year. They always think they're going to eat it but they never do because nobody in their family likes it.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 1st, 2023 at 3:26:17 PM permalink
The deer hunters I know who really like the steaks are sure to take a yearling for the purpose. Any complaints of "you shot Bambi!" quickly turn to "... and he's delicious".

The bigger animals usually turn to grind, and get mixed with beef or pork.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 1st, 2023 at 4:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

The deer hunters I know
link to original post

I used to go deer hunting for a couple seasons in the late '60s after I got out of high school and I was serious but 75% of the the guys I got to know were not serious. They only did it because of the week away from the ball and chain and they can act like morons, like they were single again. Get falling down drunk every night and then stumble around in the woods in the day with a loaded gun. Close the bar every night and if they were really hardcore they would spend 50 bucks on a hooker. For the last 2 weeks of November some of the best looking hookers in the state would get together and they would rent RVs and set up shop in northern Michigan. And make thousands and thousands of dollars in 2 weeks. The local cops we're in on the take so they were left alone. 50 bucks, I have no idea what it cost now but it's got to be hundreds. Because it still goes on, it's tradition.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
odiousgambit
November 1st, 2023 at 5:39:58 PM permalink
That sounds like 'deer camp', not 'deer hunting'.

The serious hunters seem to be up in a tree an hour before sunrise and keeping silent until they see their prey framed in the shooting lane they cleared 3 months ago.

I certainly don't begrudge anyone the chance for a week off of the home monotony. I've seen crazy 'deer camp widow' parties - complete with exotic dance revue and absurdly large margaritas - for those left behind.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
November 1st, 2023 at 5:41:21 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I find people will use goofy recipes and try to mask the taste of venison,
link to original post

Never had a piece of venison in my life that I can tolerate. Never cooked it myself but it always tastes really gamey to me and tough. And to make a burger out of ground venison you had to put half of it in ground beef so what's the point. Even then it still tastes dry and gamey.
I live in Michigan where there's lots of deer hunters and I've never seen one yet that doesn't throw away most of the venison in his freezer to make room for the new venison for this year. They always think they're going to eat it but they never do because nobody in their family likes it.
link to original post

I can't speak to not liking the taste, but othewise none of this is necessary, certainly not 'dry' or 'tough', if you learn how to cook it. It is very lean, so generally you want to cook it medium rare to keep these things from happening. You can lard it if you want to cook it further.

And don't use recipes that try to alter the taste! Serve it with jam or jelly, for people who question it. Or horseradish, or the old fave cranberry sauce. BTW my wife has a lot, I mean a lot, of stuff she won't eat, but she loves the venison I cook. Well, she loves lamb too. Some of these things are 'acquired taste' that you really are glad to acquire!
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
odiousgambit
November 1st, 2023 at 5:55:12 PM permalink

That sounds like 'deer camp',
link to original post

Owning a deer cabin that sleeps 8 or 10 is your Fast Track to popularity. I knew one guy who was fanatical about deer camp, he planned it all year long, a week of celebration away from the wife and kids and Ball and Chain of marriage. It was a rustic cabin and he would go shopping at antique malls for stuff to fit the time period. It was a week of feasting and boozing and debauchery and they ate like kings. It was open for the whole two weeks of hunting and they would come and go, it was a two week never ending frat party only they had money and they were out to spend it. Hunting was the last thing on their minds. The wives had no idea what went on at these things because it was like Fight Club and the first rule was, you never talk about deer camp at home.

This is the idealized version of a deer camp cabin. Deer camp is the original man cave.

EvenBob
EvenBob
November 2nd, 2023 at 4:24:11 PM permalink
The tried and true American classic, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with homemade tomato soup. I used the George Foreman of course.. That's my 20 oz soup mug that never lets me down.

DRich
DRich
November 2nd, 2023 at 4:35:09 PM permalink

I'm not much of a lamb person, either. I prefer a gyro to a leg of lamb. I've always been a picky eater. I like to eat, and I eat what I like.
If my diet doesn't kill me, I'll live 'til I die.
link to original post

I also don't care for lamb. It is also to strong for me.
DRich
DRich
November 3rd, 2023 at 3:08:21 PM permalink
Just a simple dinner that takes 2 minutes to make.

Mosca
Mosca
Thanked by
odiousgambit
November 3rd, 2023 at 3:21:43 PM permalink
Grilled pesto chicken, baked savory acorn squash, red beets.

EvenBob
EvenBob
November 3rd, 2023 at 4:24:52 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I have three waffle irons all different sizes and you can make so many things with them other than waffles.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 3rd, 2023 at 4:30:10 PM permalink
I did something totally uncharacteristic tonight because I generally totally stay away from processed food. I got some Frank's Red Hot chicken wings in the frozen section and I took them home and thawed them about halfway and then scraped 95% of the coating off the outside which is where all the processed Gunk is. Heated them in the microwave for about 10 minutes because they're already cooked and man were they good. There was just enough of the red hot stuff still clinging on to it to give it a good flavor. I'm not saying I'll ever do it again but I don't feel bad about it.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 3rd, 2023 at 8:06:41 PM permalink

link to original post

Freaky…!!! I made my wife breakfast in bed today! Three Eggo waffles. She likes them smothered in butter then drowned in that crappy faux maple syrup. She said they were perfect…. but said to only make two the next time.
I just had cherry tomatoes covered in Italian dressing.
DRich
DRich
November 4th, 2023 at 7:15:51 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Freaky…!!! I made my wife breakfast in bed today! Three Eggo waffles. She likes them smothered in butter then drowned in that crappy faux maple syrup. She said they were perfect…. but said to only make two the next time.

Clearly your wife has a refined palate like myself. Two Eggos is not enough for me and four is too many. That brings me to my dillema. Why does no one make a three slot toaster?

BTW, I tried something new today and I think it is a winner. I sprinkled smoked bacon salt on my waffles and it was wonderful. I love sweet and salty.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 4th, 2023 at 7:52:22 AM permalink

Quote: SOOPOO

Clearly your wife has a refined palate like myself. Two Eggos is not enough for me and four is too many. That brings me to my dillema. Why does no one make a three slot toaster?

BTW, I tried something new today and I think it is a winner. I sprinkled smoked bacon salt on my waffles and it was wonderful. I love sweet and salty.
link to original post

My toaster oven can handle 6 - maybe more.
I have seen slot toasters with one very long slot, which should be able to handle 3 toaster waffles, or two standard bread slices, or one long slice of bread.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
November 4th, 2023 at 8:24:51 AM permalink

A longish post, but it will tie in at the end.
I'm spending more and more time in my Tucson house and didn't like how my wood laminate floors looked, so over the weekend, I got on my hands and knees, scrubbed them, and applied a cleaner and then a finisher/wax layer. After it dried, it didn't look so great so I applied another layer of finish. The bottle says not to exceed three layers in 48 hours, so I was done. I skipped lunch while working so I decided to cook a nice meal.
I sliced up an eggplant, breaded the slices and cooked them in the air fryer for a spell. Then, I added sauce and three types of cheese and baked it in my oven. Meanwhile, I'm boiling water for pasta and letting a pot of meat sauce simmer. The water takes a long time to boil, so the eggplant finishes first.
I'm scrambling to get a platter and clear space for it on the counter. It is a 24-inch platter and perhaps four inches of it hang over the counter. I put the eggplant on the platter, add some parmesan cheese, and stir the rigatoni now mixed into the meat sauce. I pour the pasta/sauce onto the platter and keep it away from the unsupported portion when I somehow shift my grip and touch hot metal. The platter starts to flip over the edge. I try to grab it, and for a second, I have sauce coming out of the pan onto my bare chest, hot cheese and eggplant landing on my bare legs and feet.
Somehow, enough hot sauce is already on the floor that I slip and fall on my ass. I am pissed and realize my feet are in pain. I quickly swipe off the cheese and grab a dishtowel to wipe myself off.
I gather myself and behold a miracle. While waxing, I'd moved three cases of water from the pantry they usually are in and they were in a row at the base of the counter. Half to three-quarters of the food is on the plastic-wrapped cases, not the floor. I scrape it onto the tray and then see the rest is sitting on the newly waxed floors.
If there would ever be an opportunity to eat food off the floor, this was it. I gathered it into a different dish and tried to wash it, but ended up tossing it.
I was pretty lucky. Hot mozzarella cheese can leave a nasty burn. I want to think my training kicked in and kept my arms in while falling, but don't want to try it again to find out.
link to original post

Of all the posts in this food thread, this is the most action-packed and the only one that might be made into a scene in a movie.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 4th, 2023 at 4:21:16 PM permalink

These little quesadilla things.
Tortilla, refried beans, a bit of leftover taco meat (optional), a spoonful of salsa, a sprinkle of cheese.
Folded over, warmed up in the clamshell grill.

The clamshell grill is generally unspectacular, but nicely compact and convenient. (A big cast iron skillet would do much better.)
Still hoping to get back on the road, and I'll need to be able to cook something convenient, moderate in sodium and fats, and satisfying. These are a maybe.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 4th, 2023 at 5:42:24 PM permalink

Tortilla, refried beans, a bit of leftover taco meat (optional), a spoonful of salsa, a sprinkle of cheese.

The clamshell grill is generally unspectacular, but nicely compact and convenient. (A big cast iron skillet would do much better.)
Still hoping to get back on the road, and I'll need to be able to cook something convenient, moderate in sodium and fats, and satisfying. These are a maybe.
link to original post

You are always talking about being on the road or getting back on the road, what's that about. Do you have a second family in Peoria? Are you a ladies undergarment salesperson who goes the door to door? Are you on the FBI's 10 most wanted list and have to stay constantly on the move? I'll bet the real answer is not nearly as exciting as these three examples.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 4th, 2023 at 5:52:19 PM permalink

link to original post

You are always talking about being on the road or getting back on the road, what's that about. Do you have a second family in Peoria? Are you a ladies undergarment salesperson who goes the door to door? Are you on the FBI's 10 most wanted list and have to stay constantly on the move? I'll bet the real answer is not nearly as exciting as these three examples.
link to original post

My day job usually has me travelling about 25 days a month.
It is a convenient way to have someone else cover my expenses between casinos.

It's not entirely unlike "vanlife" or RV'ing.
billryan
billryan
November 4th, 2023 at 6:37:21 PM permalink
Vanlife works better when you aren't shelling out thousands for your home base.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 4th, 2023 at 6:42:39 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

EB’s post may be the first time in history anything about Peoria has been described as exciting.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 4th, 2023 at 7:07:20 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

EB’s post may be the first time in history anything about Peoria has been described as exciting.
link to original post

I was going to say the Target store is pretty nice, but realized I'm thinking of East Peoria - not Peoria proper.

The big yellow heavy equipment is... OK.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 4th, 2023 at 8:03:29 PM permalink

link to original post

Refilling the condom machines in gas station bathrooms? You have a van, do you pressure wash the dried chewing gum off the sidewalks in Chicago? Please let me know if I'm getting warm.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 4th, 2023 at 8:08:07 PM permalink

link to original post

Refilling the condom machines in gas station bathrooms? You have a van, do you pressure wash the dried chewing gum off the sidewalks in Chicago? Please let me know if I'm getting warm.
link to original post

Hopefully you have a thermometer and can check yourself.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 4th, 2023 at 8:18:06 PM permalink

link to original post

Is that a clue? Are you a health inspector that shows up unexpectedly at restaurants to make sure the food is cooked to the right temperature? Notice the food reference, this is a food thread. I used to know somebody who did that, inspected restaurants and he said the only thing he would ever eat in a restaurant is cooked food. He said anything uncooked like at a salad bar is death waiting to happen. You never know how long that stuff's been left out, how long it's been there, at least with cooked food the heat kills the bacteria.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Thanked by
EvenBob
November 5th, 2023 at 5:32:13 AM permalink
deboned leftover pork ribs and made a sandwich a few days ago

DRich
DRich
November 5th, 2023 at 6:33:03 AM permalink
My wife made me a breakfast of eggs and bacon this morning, this is a very unusual event. It just so happens that she had brain surgery last week so maybe they found something wrong in the cooking area of her brain and fixed it. I would have paid for this operation years ago if I knew it would result in her cooking more.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 5th, 2023 at 6:48:16 AM permalink

link to original post

Is that a clue? Are you a health inspector that shows up unexpectedly at restaurants to make sure the food is cooked to the right temperature? Notice the food reference, this is a food thread. I used to know somebody who did that, inspected restaurants and he said the only thing he would ever eat in a restaurant is cooked food. He said anything uncooked like at a salad bar is death waiting to happen. You never know how long that stuff's been left out, how long it's been there, at least with cooked food the heat kills the bacteria.
link to original post

If I'm a health inspector, it's strictly amateur. I have some recollections of which restaurant experiences have preceded a sick-tummy feeling.

Any accurate answer I'm willing to give is likely misleading, so "I sweep hardwood floors."

Breakfast was nothing exciting - a bowl of rice, topped with leftover cabbage and mushrooms.

Made up a bunch of red gelatin with fruit cocktail in it, sized for lunchboxes and snacks. I'll probably make a cake later - they seem to be popular with the kids, and go quickly.
  • Jump to: