Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 26th, 2023 at 8:58:26 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Watching an old movie. Audrey Hepburn is offered a liverwurst sandwich. Don't think I've ever had that.
link to original post

Liverwurst on rye with mustard and onions is the best. On rye toast is even better.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
June 26th, 2023 at 9:59:35 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Watching an old movie. Audrey Hepburn is offered a liverwurst sandwich. Don't think I've ever had that.
link to original post

Liverwurst on rye with mustard and onions is the best. On rye toast is even better.
link to original post

Any mayo or butter?
Open sandwich or closed?
I know some folks pair it with a cream cheese.

I don't usually go for cold liverwurst. Sliced and fried.
May the cards fall in your favor.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 26th, 2023 at 10:57:21 AM permalink
I was fortunate enough to have a mother who enjoyed buying and serving high quality cold cuts; she bought them in Plainfield, NJ from a long gone market, "O'Connors: they had a great meat dept.

Liver wurst, olive loaf, Lebanon baloney: tasty sandwiches.

Ah, but who can forget that classic NJ product, Pork Roll, aka Taylor Ham?

Slice it, cut little slits in a few spots around the edges to prevent it from curling too much when frying, and voila': a salty, uniquly flavored pork product.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 26th, 2023 at 11:14:42 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

link to original post

Any mayo or butter?
Open sandwich or closed?
I know some folks pair it with a cream cheese.

I don't usually go for cold liverwurst. Sliced and fried.
link to original post

I mix the mayo and mustard together on a closed sandwich. Dijon usually. Never had fried liverwurst it sounds like it kind of takes away from the point of what liverwurst is. I like it cold right out of the fridge.

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
June 26th, 2023 at 12:08:36 PM permalink
No worries. I know cold pork liver sausage is reasonably popular.

Frying liverwurst might be a peculiarity specific to my family tradition; I honestly can't remember if Grandma did that for breakfast so many years ago or if I was just hankering for something porky for breakfast and ended up liking it.

I can't recall if either of my Grandmothers ever served it cold with onion. I wouldn't put it past them, I just don't recall.

I do know that frying adds a textural element which I find enjoyable, even if I do smash it on a hard roll with cream cheese. Those little crusty tidbits are kind of nice.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
June 26th, 2023 at 1:39:21 PM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

Spam is delicious if cooked correctly.

Ask anyone from Hawaii how they feel about it. Very popular.
link to original post

Spam Wellington, YUM

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 26th, 2023 at 5:23:08 PM permalink
Fresh 1 lb pork tenderloin cut in cubes, a whole yellow onion, a whole green pepper, a softball sized turnip peeled and cut in cubes, a package of frozen green beans and a can of diced tomatoes. Large electric frying pan cook the pork for three or four minutes add the chopped vegetables and towards the end add the green beans and tomatoes. Seasoning is garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, chili powder. For the last 10 minutes of cooking add half a cup of Cabernet Sauvignon stirring occasionally. In a large bowl cut up two pieces of soft homemade keto bread and spoon the pork stew over the top. Very colorful, top it with grated parm cheese and every bite is an Oh My God moment. The soft bread soaks up all the wine flavored juices. Made a huge amount so there's just as much for tomorrow and it'll be even better after it sits for a day.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 27th, 2023 at 6:09:45 AM permalink
When I was a little kid, several burger joints had toy train tracks that would deliver your food on an open boxcar. There was one by my Aunts in Glen Oaks, and another by my Grandmothers in Garden City, as well as a huge one somewhere in Queens. They closed sometime in the 1970s, although the Choo Choo Hut in Suffolk stayed open until it burned down in the early 1980s.
These existed pre-Mcdonalds, although places like Wessons and Hungry Hermans were around.
I don't remember the details, just that they had O gauge trains and tracks running all over the place and food was delivered by toy train.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 27th, 2023 at 9:08:20 AM permalink
My food intake yesterday consisted of a bowl of Salted Caramel ice cream for lunch and a bag of Jalapeno chips for dinner.

Today I will be grilling some bratwurst.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
June 27th, 2023 at 9:38:45 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

My food intake yesterday consisted of a bowl of Salted Caramel ice cream for lunch and a bag of Jalapeno chips for dinner.

link to original post

Next time, add some onion dip with the chips, and you can knock off two more food groups- dairy and veggies. It's not hard to eat healthier.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MrV
MrV
June 27th, 2023 at 10:12:25 AM permalink
While I cannot recall what I ate that day in NYC at the Horn & Hardart Automat on W. 45th Street, the fact that such a thing as an automat existed was a very impressive thing for my young mind.

The concept was so new to me, it seemed to speak of "the future."

"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
June 27th, 2023 at 10:43:46 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

Next time, add some onion dip with the chips, and you can knock off two more food groups- dairy and veggies. It's not hard to eat healthier.
link to original post

I have no interest in being healthy and potato's and corn are the only vegetables that I have eaten in 30 years. BTW, I am allergic to onions.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 27th, 2023 at 11:18:07 AM permalink

link to original post

This is why your doctor has your picture hanging on the wall with the caption 'patient of the year'. If you want to live to be 90 eat the exact opposite of what this patient eats.
billryan
billryan
June 27th, 2023 at 11:21:37 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

While I cannot recall what I ate that day in NYC at the Horn & Hardart Automat on W. 45th Street, the fact that such a thing as an automat existed was a very impressive thing for my young mind.

The concept was so new to me, it seemed to speak of "the future."

link to original post

My Aunts would always take to an Automat when they'd take us into the city for a day. I preferred Nedicks.
DRich
DRich
June 27th, 2023 at 4:07:41 PM permalink

This is why your doctor has your picture hanging on the wall with the caption 'patient of the year'. If you want to live to be 90 eat the exact opposite of what this patient eats.

Why would I have any desire to live that long? I am old, tired, and crotchety enough now,
DRich
DRich
June 27th, 2023 at 4:07:43 PM permalink
duplicate
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
June 27th, 2023 at 4:57:54 PM permalink

Why would I have any desire to live that long? I am old, tired, and crotchety enough now,
link to original post

I keep having to explain this to new doctors.
I will not live forever, nor would I wish to.

I do eat some vegetables now and then... more often than I give myself credit for, if potato chips count.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 28th, 2023 at 6:33:55 PM permalink
Today is my birthday and the birthday of Elon Musk, so to celebrate I made a special dinner. I had the butcher cut me a three-quarter inch 14 oz sirloin steak. I poked it full of holes on both sides with a fork and for a marinade I used 1/2 cup Jack Daniels, 1/4 cup olive oil, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, keto brown sugar, garlic and onion powder. Put it in the fridge for 12 hours in a ziplock.

In a large pan I caramelized a huge red onion with a entire red bell pepper and towards the end I added the marinade that was in the bag with the steak and it was done when most of the marinade had boiled off and what was left was just a thick caramelized mixture of onion and peppers.

The secret to pan frying steak is to make sure it's completely dry so I hit it on both sides with a paper towel and wrapped it in a paper towel until it reached room temperature and cooked it for 4 minutes on each side in hot lard. Lard works really good because it has a very high burning point. I put the steak on a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes while I cooked four soft yolk fried eggs. I put the onion mixture over the top of the steaks and the eggs on top of that made some toast and oh my gosh did I hit a home run.

Never made marinade out of whiskey before and every bite was a delight. The steak was medium rare and melted in my mouth. The onions were super savory and the eggs on top made it the perfect dish. I finished eating over an hour ago and I'm still thinking about it. I wonder if Julia Child could have done any better.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
June 28th, 2023 at 7:21:22 PM permalink

Today is my birthday
link to original post

Happy birthday Bob!!! Your birthday dinner sounds delicious. My invitation must have got lost in the mail.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
June 29th, 2023 at 9:36:29 AM permalink

Today is my birthday and the birthday of Elon Musk,
link to original post

Happy Birthday EvenBob. By the way, you and Elon also share a birthday with Kellie Pickler, Henry VIII and John Elway.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 29th, 2023 at 6:06:54 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Today is my birthday and the birthday of Elon Musk,
link to original post

Happy Birthday EvenBob. By the way, you and Elon also share a birthday with Kellie Pickler, Henry VIII and John Elway.
link to original post

I am sure that is incorrect me and Elon Musk are the only ones ever born on June 28th.
ThomasHow99
ThomasHow99
  • Threads: 0
June 30th, 2023 at 2:31:31 AM permalink
But will it really cook? And what seasoning did you use?
Spin to Win!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 30th, 2023 at 3:44:11 AM permalink
it was up to me to cook dinner, so I went to Old Reliable.

Anybody can make beer can chicken if the grill is large enough: you simply can not have flame under the chicken. Slow cook is the thing too, lowest heat at a minimum of 3 hours, plus a rest in the grill so the chicken will cool off some before you have to move it. Served with mashed potatoes, blackeyed peas, and fried okra. If I don't cook these things, we never have them. It was a hit, though.

Looking for images to use, I notice there's a lot of gadgets you can get now,

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 30th, 2023 at 6:10:12 AM permalink

(snip) BTW, I am allergic to onions.
link to original post

I'd have to kill myself.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 30th, 2023 at 8:26:53 AM permalink

link to original post

I'd have to kill myself.
link to original post

Ditto. I eat onions at least twice a day, I always have 8 or 10 onions in the pantry in a line sitting on the shelf.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 30th, 2023 at 4:04:29 PM permalink

link to original post

I'd have to kill myself.
link to original post

Ditto. I eat onions at least twice a day, I always have 8 or 10 onions in the pantry in a line sitting on the shelf.
link to original post

I’ve been poking holes in a big onion. Putting in microwave for 3 minutes on high. Makes even cheap onions soft and sweet. I eat it by itself.
MrV
MrV
July 2nd, 2023 at 6:47:59 PM permalink
We had a tasty dinner of Nepalese food in stumptown today.

Similar to indian food but less sauce: love it.

They used to be in Lincoln City, where I gamble, and it was my "go to" spot til they moved to Portland a few years ago.

link:https://cybergardencafenepali-kitchen.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral
"What, me worry?"
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
Thanked by
odiousgambit
July 2nd, 2023 at 10:10:38 PM permalink

Today is my birthday and the birthday of Elon Musk, so to celebrate I made a special dinner. I had the butcher cut me a three-quarter inch 14 oz sirloin steak. I poked it full of holes on both sides with a fork and for a marinade I used 1/2 cup Jack Daniels, 1/4 cup olive oil, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, keto brown sugar, garlic and onion powder. Put it in the fridge for 12 hours in a ziplock.

I

You would only do such a thing to the lowest quality, crappiest cut of meat available in an attempt to tenderize and create flavor. Were you making Chinese food out of it ?

For a quality, well-marbled grass-fed ribeye, you’d only add a bit of salt, then cook on a charcoal grill. Definitely not something you marinate and fry

And that meal was your idea of a special occasion. Wow. Thankfully there wasn’t a photo
Last edited by: Ace2 on Jul 2, 2023
It’s all about making that GTA
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 3rd, 2023 at 9:00:12 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

I

You would only do such a thing to the lowest quality, crappiest cut of meat available in an attempt to tenderize and create flavor.

Wrong.

"Marinating before you cook your top sirloin steak will enhance its flavor and give it a more tender texture. As the steak absorbs the marinade, the steak becomes richer and better. If your top sirloin steak recipe has citrusy ingredients, the acidity will also help break down the fibers and tenderize the steak cuts."

You obviously know nothing about cooking so why don't you just keep your opinions to yourself.

https://www.mychicagosteak.com/steak-university/top-sirloin-steak-marinade#:~:text=Marinating%20before%20you%20cook%20your,and%20tenderize%20the%20steak%20cuts.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
July 3rd, 2023 at 4:41:42 PM permalink
I missed a few of these while on vacation, so I'll lump the last two weeks or so together - note that the last few were already mentioned on my latest trip report

Tuesday 6/20 - since I had a rather lengthy trip to the airport and an 11:00 AM local takeoff, the only thing I had to eat that day was a cup of "pretzel dog nuggets" at an Auntie Anne's at O'Hare

Wednesday through Saturday are in Columbus, Ohio, where I was attending the Origins Game Fair (that's boardgaming / RPGs / that sort of thing, not gambling):

Wednesday - had a multiple-meat calzone for lunch, and went to a Brazilian steakhouse for some Rodizio (aka "All You Can Meat" - various servers walk to each table with different meats on skewers and offer to slice some off for you). There are a number of these in Vegas, including three that I can think of on the Strip.

Thursday - went to Columbus's North Market for some pasta (fusilli with meat sauce - what is the difference between fusilli and rotini, anyway?) and meatballs for lunch, followed by some Jeni's ice cream. I didn't have much time for dinner as it was between two events, so I grabbed a burger at the convention center food court.

Friday - back to North Market for lunch, this time for curry; I had more time for dinner, so I ate at Ted's Montana Grill ("Ted" being Ted Turner). I had the "bison brisket" (they used to call it "bison pot roast," but there are no vegetables in it - just shredded bison meat in sauce), with sliced carrots and mashed potatoes. The carrots were rock hard, so I sent them back; they brought out more carrots, which were warmer, but still tasted as if they were raw. I guess that's the way Ted liked them...

Saturday - stayed inside the convention center; lunch at Charley's Steakery (a chain of fast food cheesesteak shops), and dinner was some generic chicken tenders and fries.

Sunday - now, onto Vegas! Lunch was another trip to Auntie Anne's at O'Hare, this time for full-size pretzel dogs; for dinner, I got a pizza at Whatever The Cosmopolitan Pizzeria Is Called This Week (I like calling it Secret No Name Mystery Meat Pizza). Considering the prices on the Strip, $34 for what I think was an 18" pepperoni and extra cheese wasn't too bad - that's about what I would pay for one at home, but keep in mind "home" is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Monday - lunch at Siegel's BagelMania, where I had a "triple decker" pastrami and roast beef on rye, although it's "triple decker" only in that it has three slices of bread. After seeing the 7:00 performance of Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay, I grabbed a burger, fries, and shake at Fatburger in the Excalibur food court; IIRC, it cost me the better part of $30 - remind me not to complain too much when Five Guys wants $12 for a double burger.

Tuesday - had the pot roast sandwich (it's what you think it is, on sourdough) at Freedom Beat (the cafe at Downtown Grand) for lunch. I spent quite a bit of time pretty much standing still headed north on the Strip between the MGM Grand and Planet Hollywood, so I decided to grab something nearby for dinner - a meatball sub and some mac & cheese at Earl of Sandwich.

Wednesday - lunch at Top Round at NYNY; think of it as an Arby's clone. Good, but not quite "worth what they were charging for it" good. Dinner was at Gordon Ramsay Burger at PH; a "three-cheese burger," fries, soft drink (free refills), and a "sticky toffee pudding" ice cream sandwich set me back $60.

Thursday - I had seen the reality show where people were competing to become the manager/franchisee of one of Guy Fieri's new Chicken Guy fast food places near where the winner lived, and the one at Caesar's Palace opened a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd try it out. It took me about 30 minutes to find it; it turns out it's not in the Forum Shops, but the Forum Food Hall just outside of the shops, with very few signs inside of the casino pointing out where it is. Anyway, the tenders came across as something I can get from the local supermarket for $5/lb on the occasional Friday sale; I think Fieri is stressing the choice of sauces more than anything else. For dinner, I always wanted to try Battista's Hole in the Wall at least once; I was surprised at what I got for "only" about $40 - a bowl of minestrone, some garlic bread, a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, a pint or so of house red wine (although like most alcohol, I tasted the alcohol more than the flavor), and finished off with a coffee cup of capuccino.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
July 4th, 2023 at 12:17:03 PM permalink
July 4, for lunch: the same thing I have had every year since 2020 - eight Nathan's 1.5-ounce hot dogs. For the buns, I cut off two bun-length pieces of a sourdough loaf, hollowed them out, and sliced each one into quarters. I would provide a photo, but my tablet chose exactly that moment to run out of charge...
DRich
DRich
July 4th, 2023 at 12:41:30 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

July 4, for lunch: the same thing I have had every year since 2020 - eight Nathan's 1.5-ounce hot dogs. For the buns, I cut off two bun-length pieces of a sourdough loaf, hollowed them out, and sliced each one into quarters. I would provide a photo, but my tablet chose exactly that moment to run out of charge...
link to original post

Will you actually eat 8 hot dogs in one day or is that for you and others? I don't think I could eat more than three with buns.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
July 4th, 2023 at 2:55:25 PM permalink

For the buns, I cut off two bun-length pieces of a sourdough loaf, hollowed them out, and sliced each one into quarters.
link to original post

(snip!)

So essentially, wrapping the sausages in a chunk of sourdough crust?
(Sounds pretty good.)
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
July 4th, 2023 at 4:47:00 PM permalink

link to original post

Will you actually eat 8 hot dogs in one day or is that for you and others? I don't think I could eat more than three with buns.
link to original post

All for me. If I were to use regular hot dog buns, I might be able to do six.

For the buns, I cut off two bun-length pieces of a sourdough loaf, hollowed them out, and sliced each one into quarters.

(Sounds pretty good.)

"Wrapped" is pushing it; they only go about halfway around each hot dog.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
July 4th, 2023 at 9:27:40 PM permalink

(Sounds pretty good.)

"Wrapped" is pushing it; they only go about halfway around each hot dog.
link to original post

Canoe?
rxwine
rxwine
July 5th, 2023 at 6:11:58 AM permalink
ThatDonGuy must keep a food diary. I already forgot what I ate day before yesterday.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 8th, 2023 at 6:57:56 AM permalink
lose your steamer

so many things are better grilled on a griddle or [in my case] an iron skillet

today it was cauliflower on rice ... almost ate a whole head!

just use a little oil and make sure you get considerable browning.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
wizardofbuffalo
wizardofbuffalo
  • Threads: 13
July 13th, 2023 at 1:36:10 AM permalink
Since I started working in a kitchen - I had some mashed potatoes. Now eating leftover pizza I found in the fridge. Later today a rice, taco meat, broccoli, pepper, dill and russian dressing burrito. Custom made on a spinache tortilla but no cheese. After a breakfast at 9am of the fine DR once the liguor store opens up... Stay Hungry and Thirsty gambit. Carry on...
wizardofbuffalo
wizardofbuffalo
Thanked by
rxwine
July 13th, 2023 at 1:43:56 AM permalink
did this conversation evolve to canoeing a sausage between some buns ??? where did we lose integrity ???
rxwine
rxwine
July 19th, 2023 at 9:18:59 AM permalink
Is an air fryer a worthwhile appliance to have around?
billryan
billryan
July 19th, 2023 at 10:52:42 AM permalink

link to original post

I love mine. There's a bit of a learning curve, but I use mine almost daily while my Insta-pot sits idle. I started with a cheaper, small air fryer but quickly bought a full-size one. I'll occasionally use both -grilling a steak in one while air-frying french fries in the other.
Just be careful- some brands are said to catch fire when not in use but plugged in.
I have a Ninja and zero complaints.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 19th, 2023 at 11:30:41 AM permalink

link to original post

For me, absolutely not. I tried one last year used it twice and returned it because it was barely doing anything that a convection oven won't do. I did not see enough of a difference to warrant the price. Maybe you will love it, who knows, I had no use for it. What I do use a lot is one of those cheap George Foreman grills, those things are great I think they're 20 bucks at Walmart. They can turn your average sandwich into a real treat and there's so many things you can grill with them. Here's a hack, don't put butter on the outside of the sandwich use mayonnaise. It has way less fat and turns the bread nice and crispy and tasty on the sandwich. If you use Kraft olive oil mayo it has even less fat than regular mayonnaise. It's all I use.
rxwine
rxwine
July 19th, 2023 at 11:49:35 AM permalink

link to original post

I love mine. There's a bit of a learning curve, but I use mine almost daily while my Insta-pot sits idle. I started with a cheaper, small air fryer but quickly bought a full-size one. I'll occasionally use both -grilling a steak in one while air-frying french fries in the other.
Just be careful- some brands are said to catch fire when not in use but plugged in.
I have a Ninja and zero complaints.
link to original post

What size is considered big enough for anything. I'm not feeding 4 people. At most 2.
rxwine
rxwine
July 19th, 2023 at 11:54:07 AM permalink

link to original post

For me, absolutely not. I tried one last year used it twice and returned it because it was barely doing anything that a convection oven won't do. I did not see enough of a difference to warrant the price. Maybe you will love it, who knows, I had no use for it. What I do use a lot is one of those cheap George Foreman grills, those things are great I think they're 20 bucks at Walmart. They can turn your average sandwich into a real treat and there's so many things you can grill with them. Here's a hack, don't put butter on the outside of the sandwich use mayonnaise. It has way less fat and turns the bread nice and crispy and tasty on the sandwich. If you use Kraft olive oil mayo it has even less fat than regular mayonnaise. It's all I use.
link to original post

Btw, can you use those inside?
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
rxwine
July 19th, 2023 at 11:55:33 AM permalink
I cook mostly for myself and the Ninja Foodie grill is the model I use. Mine fits two 6-8 ounce steaks, or four hamburger patties.
wizardofbuffalo
wizardofbuffalo
July 20th, 2023 at 5:21:41 PM permalink
My Ma got the air fryer. It does replace a toaster and is better for reheating fries and fish than a microwave. You can put steel sizzle platters in it for many usually fried or oven baked appetizers. Pretty convenient and easy to clean...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 20th, 2023 at 7:01:33 PM permalink
Lots of seaweed salad. Asian grocery store sells packages. I’ll eat 10-20 times as much as I’d be served in an average sushi restaurant side order.

Later had hot dogs. First one on a piece of ‘27 grain’ bread, slathered under sriracha sauce and mustard. Next two just get dipped in the sriracha/mustard mixture. Side dish was a large microwaved onion. It was all really good, but I doubt anyone is jealous…..
rxwine
rxwine
July 21st, 2023 at 10:32:08 AM permalink

I cook mostly for myself and the Ninja Foodie grill is the model I use. Mine fits two 6-8 ounce steaks, or four hamburger patties.
link to original post

I bought one last night.

I've watched this lady's 12 mistakes not to make with an air fryer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1MpZrOy0-A
And the first thing I'm going to try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSvP5VXDGdw&t=1s

Haven't actually taken it out of the box yet.
billryan
billryan
July 21st, 2023 at 10:40:02 AM permalink
Best of luck. I've bought several kitchen aids over the years- turbo ovens, grill plates, insta pots and the like and this is the only one I got my money's worth out of. I have not used my RV oven in well over a year, and with the grill attachment, I can knock off some fantastic steaks.
billryan
billryan
July 23rd, 2023 at 4:28:30 PM permalink
Fried Oreo Cheeseburger.

While grilling a six-ounce burger, I soaked a dozen double-stuffed Oreos in almond milk. Threw the wet Oreos on the grill just long enough for them to sizzle.
I toasted a sourdough bun and spread some olive oil mayo on the bottom bun, putting bbq sauce on the top.

Four Oreos on the bun, a slice of Swiss, the burger, four more Oreos, another slice of Swiss and the top bun.

There is a place in Bisbee that makes these and sells out all the time. Friends have had it and reverse-engineered it so I figured it was worth a shot. The Oreo filling was a surprising addition to the burger but I would skip the cookie shell if possible.
It was intended to be a one-time experiment and as such it was a success in that I won't waste $17 buying one in the bar.

Bisbee gets lots of tourists and I think a larger version that you cut into quarter servings could be a hit.
I think this will sell well to groups. Sharing a slice with friends would make for a memorable experience.

It got me wondering why Oreo doesn't sell cans of their fillings.
  • Jump to: