Thread Rating:

Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
January 27th, 2024 at 5:33:31 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

My oldest friend had a heart attack and bypass surgery at age 42 he's still around at 75. I believe Dieter is in his early forties, Mosca sounds like he had a heart attack in his forties. What is it about the 40s, that's so young.
link to original post

I was 37.

Habanero salsa. Itís 12 habaneros, 3 cloves of garlic, the juice from a lime, a generous pinch of salt, and enough water to get the desired consistency. Itís about as hot asÖ well, as hot as habaneros.

I use this stuff on everything. Mostly eggs. But Iíll also put it in soup, on cheeseburgers, whatever. This will be good for about 2 weeks, but it probably wonít last more than a few days.
A falling knife has no handle.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
January 27th, 2024 at 6:08:10 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

My oldest friend had a heart attack and bypass surgery at age 42 he's still around at 75. I believe Dieter is in his early forties, Mosca sounds like he had a heart attack in his forties. What is it about the 40s, that's so young.
link to original post

I was 45.9 at the time.
My plan had always been to live fast and die young.
I missed by at least a decade.

Quote: W. Shakespeare

A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age.

May the cards fall in your favor.
Mosca
Mosca
January 30th, 2024 at 7:11:10 AM permalink
Breakfast tostadas. Iím working on my tortilla game, I want crisp corn tortillas, and tostadas are easier than tacos right now. These look like a lot more food than they actually are; between the two of them there is half an avocado, one egg, a couple ounces of refritos, half a tomato, a couple ounces of chorizo, etc. In other words, mostly salad stuff. They came out pretty good, though.

Mosca
Mosca
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
January 31st, 2024 at 3:33:59 PM permalink
Tonight is stoopit sandwich night. Fried baloney and bacon, Progresso tomato rotini soup.

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
January 31st, 2024 at 6:00:06 PM permalink
What kind of cheese on the "BBLT"? Is that an onion roll?

Those soup mugs annoy me. (I feel the transition corner from "bottom" to "side" for a "bowl" should fairly closely match the curve of the spoon, and the diameter should be at least φ × height. But hey, your soup, your mug.)
Mosca
Mosca
January 31st, 2024 at 6:32:59 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Those soup mugs annoy me. (I feel the transition corner from "bottom" to "side" for a "bowl" should fairly closely match the curve of the spoon, and the diameter should be at least φ × height. But hey, your soup, your mug.)
link to original post

Colby Jack. Yes, an onion roll. The soup thing comes with a lid for the microwave. I drink the liquid out of the soup first, then use the spoon to eat the solids.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
January 31st, 2024 at 6:52:42 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Quote: Dieter

link to original post

Colby Jack. Yes, an onion roll. The soup thing comes with a lid for the microwave. I drink the liquid out of the soup first, then use the spoon to eat the solids.
link to original post

Ashly has a set of those soup-things in different colours. No matter. Not my soup, not my problem. (Yes, I tell her that I don't like them, too.)

I'm still thinking about the sandwich.
(I regularly drive past a dairy that claims to be the home of Colby-Jack, but... who knows? Everybody seems to be making it these days, but almost nobody does the wax dip I remember from my youth.)

• Jump to: