Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 233
  • Posts: 6698
Joined: May 8, 2015
July 2nd, 2018 at 6:53:47 AM permalink
delete
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
July 2nd, 2018 at 4:12:54 PM permalink
Quote: RS


Come



Bruh
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 233
  • Posts: 6698
Joined: May 8, 2015
July 27th, 2018 at 10:28:54 AM permalink
it's not new but I never tried it before. the grocery stores here marinate the meat for you and then you just bake it or fry it. they do 90% of the work for you. bourbon and black pepper chicken wings which I had today. they were cheap too. 4 whole wings for $2.90. really good.
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
July 27th, 2018 at 11:58:52 AM permalink
potatoes. Bought a whole bag of them and had to finish them because I can't afford to waste any food. So it was potatoes for lunch and will be potatoes for dinner. (Had some parsley with them also).

On-edit: also about four tablespoons of butter and one of those short bottles of Nestlee tap water.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Jul 27, 2018
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
July 27th, 2018 at 1:43:50 PM permalink
I had a very disappointing experience at DuPar's at the Suncoast last week so my new family restaurant is officially Egg Works. Just had the egg salad sandwich an hour ago. Left very happy, as always.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 27th, 2018 at 3:16:23 PM permalink
I had a big bowl of chicken tortilla soup at Qdoba . The tortilla strips were ultra keto approved, anti glutenized, grass starved, non gmo af (tm)
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
Thanked by
AxelWolf
July 27th, 2018 at 5:59:55 PM permalink
Chicken tacos (gluten free cruelty free keto and atkins)

Also low fat free range and made by legal residents

Actually I'll lay money they were illegals
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4146
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
July 27th, 2018 at 6:40:57 PM permalink
A corn dog for breakfast, a corn dog for lunch, a Snickers bar,a bag of Cheetos, some Kit Kat minis, some Turkey for dinner. :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 644
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
July 27th, 2018 at 7:12:10 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I had a very disappointing experience at DuPar's at the Suncoast last week so my new family restaurant is officially Egg Works. Just had the egg salad sandwich an hour ago. Left very happy, as always.



I have been wanting to try this place for a bit now, but missed out when they left downtown. The people in the Five Hundy group rave about the place. If you dont mind me asking, what didnt you like about the place? Have you tried the pancakes? They look amazing.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
July 27th, 2018 at 9:01:00 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

I have been wanting to try this place for a bit now, but missed out when they left downtown. The people in the Five Hundy group rave about the place. If you dont mind me asking, what didnt you like about the place? Have you tried the pancakes? They look amazing.



I really liked the location at the Golden Gate. Very vintage Vegas and the food was always perfect diner food. You may recall that is where I did the TomG pancake challenge. Despite it always being busy, the Golden Gate location closed. So I went to the location at the Suncoast quite a bit. That started good but it seemed to slowly lose that DuPars essence. My last visit the order was taken quickly enough, but the waiter came back 45 minutes later and apologized that he never put it in and forgot what we ordered. When it finally came, an hour after the original order, it seemed like Denny's food, at best. That was the last straw.

I've also been going to Egg Works for a while, which is also good. It isn't as sinfully delicious as DuPars but has more of a homemade kind of taste to it. For basic food, that is going to be my new standard and goodbye DuPar's.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 644
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
July 27th, 2018 at 9:03:42 PM permalink
Well, that is disappointing. Thanks for the heads up.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
July 27th, 2018 at 10:36:03 PM permalink
Wife and I ate at Sweet Tomatoes tonight after our light evening workout.

I really like this place.

It is a buffet where salads / veggies are the stars, with a rotating variety of soups, pastas, and baked goods as supporting actors.

Google shows several in Las Vegas: well worth checking out for those who, like me, want to "eat healthy."
"What, me worry?"
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
July 27th, 2018 at 11:29:53 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Wife and I ate at Sweet Tomatoes tonight after our light evening workout.

I really like this place.

It is a buffet where salads / veggies are the stars, with a rotating variety of soups, pastas, and baked goods as supporting actors.

Google shows several in Las Vegas: well worth checking out for those who, like me, want to "eat healthy."



Only the salad bar is healthy. Everything else is bread, noodle, or some kind of salty soup. That joint needs a real meat option. There is one on Warm Springs and Stephanie in Henderson. Not a bad place just lacking in my opinion. My wife really likes it.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
July 28th, 2018 at 3:06:22 AM permalink
Is sweet tomatoes the same thing as souplantation?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22291
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
July 28th, 2018 at 3:29:46 AM permalink
Quote: RS


Come

I think you spelled that wrong.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
Joined: May 20, 2011
July 28th, 2018 at 8:17:07 AM permalink
Yesterday breakfast... two eggs over easy with half slice of turkey sausage. Handful of blueberries
Lunch... arugula salad with watermelon and little feta cheese with grilled chicken.
Afternoon snack... Apple with some peanut butter.
High intensity workout late afternoon.
Dinner... protein shake and cucumbers mixed with chickpeas salad.
Nighttime snack... Trader Joe's mini chocolate ice cream cone... Freaking amazing!

This morning for breakfast... Well let's just say my girlfriend was very happy!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 28th, 2018 at 8:30:57 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Chicken tacos (gluten free cruelty free keto and atkins)

Also low fat free range and made by legal residents

Actually I'll lay money they were illegals



Did you make the taco shells or buy them? I just read a recipe for wraps that use pork rinds with no carbs. I am thinking about doing it today.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
July 28th, 2018 at 9:01:52 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Is sweet tomatoes the same thing as souplantation?



Yes.

I believe it is Souplantation in Calfornia, and Sweet Tomatoes in other states.
"What, me worry?"
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
Thanked by
MaxPen
July 28th, 2018 at 9:06:19 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Only the salad bar is healthy. Everything else is bread, noodle, or some kind of salty soup. That joint needs a real meat option. There is one on Warm Springs and Stephanie in Henderson. Not a bad place just lacking in my opinion. My wife really likes it.



While I do not disagree with what you said, my use of the term "eat healthy" is used in a relative sense, i.e. as when Sweet Tomatoes is compared to fast food joints such as McDonalds or Burger King.

I eat mostly salads, a fair amount of soup, and a bit of the pasta / baked goods.
"What, me worry?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
July 28th, 2018 at 9:24:07 AM permalink
Bran flakes for breakfast then defrosted the last of the boiled potatoes from yesterday and had them for lunch. No parsley this time. Forgot it.
Water to drink. (out of milk after the bran flakes).
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11881
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
July 28th, 2018 at 9:38:28 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard


I've also been going to Egg Works for a while, which is also good. It isn't as sinfully delicious as DuPars but has more of a homemade kind of taste to it. For basic food, that is going to be my new standard and goodbye DuPar's.



Eggworks is my favorite breakfast place. The one by my house has really good Hollandaise sauce.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 2549
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
July 28th, 2018 at 9:39:19 AM permalink
I eat too much of this. Especially as I eat too much cheese to begin with.

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 28th, 2018 at 11:16:24 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I eat too much of this. Especially as I eat too much cheese to begin with.



Is there too much cheese on keto
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
July 28th, 2018 at 11:18:44 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Quote: Rigondeaux

I eat too much of this. Especially as I eat too much cheese to begin with.



Is there too much cheese on keto



Just because something is keto doesn't mean you can go ham AF on it.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 2549
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
July 28th, 2018 at 12:28:06 PM permalink
Yes and no.

For you no, you shouldn't worry much about it. Stay keto and you'll be fine.

You can fine tune later.

It's not optimal to eat tons of cheese but few of us wind up eating optimally.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
July 28th, 2018 at 2:12:22 PM permalink
I have been eating a Trader Joe turkey wrap for lunch about every other day. The label clearly states it is a single serving, with about 440 calories.
To spice things up, today I had a buffalo chicken wrap from T.J. This one only had 380 calories, but the wrap is listed as two servings.
Same wrap, same packaging, yet for one a serving is half the package while the other considers the whole package to be a single serving.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 28th, 2018 at 2:22:05 PM permalink
Just had a keto meal at burger king. For anyone that doesnt know. Download the burger king app and there are some good coupons. I used the bogo whopper one. I ate 2 whoppers with cheese except I only ate the meat and stuff inside except for the tomatoe.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7481
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
July 28th, 2018 at 7:31:24 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Just had a keto meal at burger king. For anyone that doesnt know. Download the burger king app and there are some good coupons. I used the bogo whopper one. I ate 2 whoppers with cheese except I only ate the meat and stuff inside except for the tomatoe.



Holy Moly Gwae. NOOOOOOOO
LOL.

Gotta avoid those pesky tomatoes. polluted to hell and back with vitamins and a couple of grams of carbs.

Just stay the hell away from BK. Coupons... Print them off, add ketchup and eat the coupons.

Seriously dude. I get the whole keto thing, but this has to be the tail wagging the dog.

Stop finding meat that's free or as cheap as sh1t and start challenging yourself to COOK or eat modest sized meals that taste like heaven.

A balance of Fibre, Vitamins, Minerals, Carbs, Fats, Proteins, Water with a sprinkling of fantastical natural flavourings

or 10 oz* of meat & cheese served to the sound of a fryer going ding ding ding and the offer of 'go large with that'

Hint. If BK GIVE you some good coupons, They want to indoctrinate you, drag you in and fill you full of addictive cr4p. With bottomless pepsi and free barbecue (no sugar in me) sauce.

Stay home: Get an 8" plate and fill it with the most heavenly food you can create. (No. not syrup ). It will knock that BK lump of dripping into a cocked hat. Do that every day and drop pounds while getting renewed.

*edit. 2x4oz beef patty + 2 x slices cheese He did say he ate 2
Last edited by: OnceDear on Jul 29, 2018
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
July 29th, 2018 at 2:06:53 AM permalink
Bruh that’s not a whopper.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 708
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
July 29th, 2018 at 4:42:52 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Holy Moly Gwae. NOOOOOOOO
LOL.

Gotta avoid those pesky tomatoes. polluted to hell and back with vitamins and a couple of grams of carbs.

Just stay the hell away from BK. Coupons... Print them off, add ketchup and eat the coupons.

Seriously dude. I get the whole keto thing, but this has to be the tail wagging the dog.

Stop finding meat that's free or as cheap as sh1t and start challenging yourself to COOK or eat modest sized meals that taste like heaven.

A balance of Fibre, Vitamins, Minerals, Carbs, Fats, Proteins, Water with a sprinkling of fantastical natural flavourings

or 10 oz* of meat & cheese served to the sound of a fryer going ding ding ding and the offer of 'go large with that'

Hint. If BK GIVE you some good coupons, They want to indoctrinate you, drag you in and fill you full of addictive cr4p. With bottomless pepsi and free barbecue (no sugar in me) sauce.

Stay home: Get an 8" plate and fill it with the most heavenly food you can create. (No. not syrup ). It will knock that BK lump of dripping into a cocked hat. Do that every day and drop pounds while getting renewed.

*edit. 2x4oz beef patty + 2 x slices cheese He did say he ate 2





My thoughts exactly. How can you be on a diet and eat fast food garbage. You have to break the bad eating cycle and start eating healthy or it will never work. Just like in gambling you have to think long term if you want to lose weight and keep it off.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 29th, 2018 at 4:54:35 AM permalink
Bk is the nutz. Flame boiled fresh "meat".

It was not an ideal choice for a dinner but I could have had fries and a coke too, so there's that.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7481
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
July 29th, 2018 at 5:43:00 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

My thoughts exactly. How can you be on a diet and eat fast food garbage. You have to break the bad eating cycle and start eating healthy or it will never work. Just like in gambling you have to think long term if you want to lose weight and keep it off.

+1
It would seem a shame to discourage GWAE's current dieting effort.
Lately, there's lots being discussed about Keto, and GWAE IS losing weight with it. But he seems to be defying conventional advice to just eat healthy. He's also posted at least twice about feeling tempted to stray to beer or pizza or kids leftovers.
Did he really take the time and effort to travel to BK, just because he could get a free 1/4 pound cheese burger... half of which he discarded anyway? Did he drink anything to wash it down?

I'd urge him to 'switch track' , abandon keto and adopt a balanced diet.

This is a thread about what we ate recently. OK. Here's what I had for brunch and dinner on Friday...

Brunch. Taken at the in-store eatery at the local supermarket.
'Small English breakfast', comprising 1 fried egg, 1 hash brown, small portion baked beans, 1 slice buttered toast, 2 rashers lean bacon. Filter coffee. No sugar.

This was not a generous portion, but at £3.50 it was a perfectly satisfying meal.

Dinner. Home cooked from ingredients picked up at that store.
2 hand sized slices lean sirloin stake, ready marinated in a mild chilli glaze. Fried a couple of minutes.
1 medium potato cut into 1/2" 'steak fries', lightly seasoned, splashed with olive oil and grilled.
A generous medley of Mediterranean vegetables: Sliced courgette, chunks of bell peppers in red/ yellow, green, chunks of onion, a couple of mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, splashed with olive oil and baked 30 minutes. As I was preparing it, I could feel my digestive fluids flowing. I was positively drooling with anticipation. Very colorful, a joy to look at and ultimately delicious. It filled a ten inch plate completely.

Neither meal was large, but both were colorful, flavourful, balanced and satisfying. Probably less than the calories burned in a day.

Note. No cakes, no syrup, no Pepsi, No chocolate, No cookies, No sugar in the coffee. SOME fat and SOME sugar in the baked beans. But they were there to round off the flavours not as the prime source of kcalories,

And no temptation to snack afterwards.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7481
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
July 29th, 2018 at 5:48:17 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Bk is the nutz. Flame boiled fresh "meat".

It was not an ideal choice for a dinner but I could have had fries and a coke too, so there's that.

Did you have no drink afterwards? Not even a cheeky fruit juice? What's your drink of choice to wash down all this meat?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
Joined: May 20, 2011
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 29th, 2018 at 8:24:13 AM permalink
This woman had it all figured out. I recall going to a fast food joint years ago after a night of drinking and all sorts of no good. I believe we were at a Wendy's. The woman was in front of me placing her order. She was about 5'4" and weighing in at approximately 250 lb.

She ordered a chicken cheese sandwich with light mayo but extra cheese, large fries... No make that medium fries with a side of cheese sauce please, and a Coke... No no no please make that a Diet Coke she barked.

I presume somewhere today that she is well on her way to 300 lbs, but thankfully she is not at 350 lb due to the diet coke discipline.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
RigondeauxOnceDear
July 29th, 2018 at 8:24:48 AM permalink
GWAE doesn't need your negativity. He is struggling with his weight and his diet. He needs encouragement, not people bragging about
what they eat.
I wouldn't have chosen a keto diet, but he did. Respect his decision and give him encouragement. There are more than enough places to be negative. This thread shouldn't be one.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
July 29th, 2018 at 8:28:37 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

This woman had it all figured out. I recall going to a fast food joint years ago after a night of drinking and all sorts of no good. I believe we were at a Wendy's. The woman was in front of me placing her order. She was about 5'4" and weighing in at approximately 250 lb.

She ordered a chicken cheese sandwich with light mayo but extra cheese, large fries... No make that medium fries with a side of cheese sauce please, and a Coke... No no no please make that a Diet Coke she barked.

I presume somewhere today that she is well on her way to 300 lbs, but thankfully she is not at 350 lb due to the diet coke discipline.



When I drank soda, I preferred Diet Coke, for its taste. My first choice would be cream soda but that's rarely an option.
DC just tasted better to me than Coke.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
  • Posts: 3540
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
July 29th, 2018 at 8:31:28 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

+1
It would seem a shame to discourage GWAE's current dieting effort.
Lately, there's lots being discussed about Keto, and GWAE IS losing weight with it. But he seems to be defying conventional advice to just eat healthy. He's also posted at least twice about feeling tempted to stray to beer or pizza or kids leftovers.
Did he really take the time and effort to travel to BK, just because he could get a free 1/4 pound cheese burger... half of which he discarded anyway? Did he drink anything to wash it down?

I'd urge him to 'switch track' , abandon keto and adopt a balanced diet.

This is a thread about what we ate recently. OK. Here's what I had for brunch and dinner on Friday...

Brunch. Taken at the in-store eatery at the local supermarket.
'Small English breakfast', comprising 1 fried egg, 1 hash brown, small portion baked beans, 1 slice buttered toast, 2 rashers lean bacon. Filter coffee. No sugar.

This was not a generous portion, but at £3.50 it was a perfectly satisfying meal.

Dinner. Home cooked from ingredients picked up at that store.
2 hand sized slices lean sirloin stake, ready marinated in a mild chilli glaze. Fried a couple of minutes.
1 medium potato cut into 1/2" 'steak fries', lightly seasoned, splashed with olive oil and grilled.
A generous medley of Mediterranean vegetables: Sliced courgette, chunks of bell peppers in red/ yellow, green, chunks of onion, a couple of mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, splashed with olive oil and baked 30 minutes. As I was preparing it, I could feel my digestive fluids flowing. I was positively drooling with anticipation. Very colorful, a joy to look at and ultimately delicious. It filled a ten inch plate completely.

Neither meal was large, but both were colorful, flavourful, balanced and satisfying. Probably less than the calories burned in a day.

Note. No cakes, no syrup, no Pepsi, No chocolate, No cookies, No sugar in the coffee. SOME fat and SOME sugar in the baked beans. But they were there to round off the flavours not as the prime source of kcalories,

And no temptation to snack afterwards.


If you are going to criticize, at least be specific about it.

What exactly do you think is wrong with Keto/GWAae’s diet?
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
Joined: May 20, 2011
July 29th, 2018 at 8:38:46 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

When I drank soda, I preferred Diet Coke, for its taste. My first choice would be cream soda but that's rarely an option.
DC just tasted better to me than Coke.



I can respect your taste preference, however if you are implying that this woman enjoyed Diet Coke vs Coke more then I believe she would have ordered Diet Coke initially and not changing her mind after thinking about how many calories she was consuming as she preface this Behavior twice before in her ordering when asking for little mayo and then downsizing from large to small french fries. I presume you do not play poker.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7481
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
July 29th, 2018 at 9:10:07 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

If you are going to criticize, at least be specific about it.


Moving my reply the the health thread
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7481
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
July 29th, 2018 at 9:15:06 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

GWAE doesn't need your negativity. He is struggling with his weight and his diet. He needs encouragement, not people bragging about
what they eat.
I wouldn't have chosen a keto diet, but he did. Respect his decision and give him encouragement. There are more than enough places to be negative. This thread shouldn't be one.

This is the tread about what we ate today. I'll answer this point in that other 'health and weight loss thread'

I respect what he's achieved so far, but he's indicating that his diet plans do change and that he's finding Keto to be 'tough'. So, I encourage him to change his plan to something more in keeping with what his wife would embrace.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11881
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
July 29th, 2018 at 4:48:07 PM permalink
I ate 5 pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken today. Trying to get ready for my gallbladder removal this week. I don't think i have had KFC in more than three years.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
July 29th, 2018 at 5:22:32 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I ate 5 pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken today. Trying to get ready for my gallbladder removal this week. I don't think i have had KFC in more than three years.



Very nice👍Your goal should be to have them say they have never seen a gallbladder as F'ed up as yours😃
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
  • Posts: 14267
Joined: May 21, 2013
July 29th, 2018 at 5:54:53 PM permalink
Heck, they're barely going to see it. They'll make a hole about 1/2" wide and go in there with a little noose tool, nip that puppy off, cauterize the node, and done by dinner.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11881
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
July 29th, 2018 at 6:42:43 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Heck, they're barely going to see it. They'll make a hole about 1/2" wide and go in there with a little noose tool, nip that puppy off, cauterize the node, and done by dinner.



If I am fortunate. I have so many scars and scar tissue they are concerned laproscopic may not work. They are going to try it and if unsuccessful they will open me up abdominally..
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12317
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
July 29th, 2018 at 6:54:19 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

If I am fortunate. I have so many scars and scar tissue they are concerned laproscopic may not work. They are going to try it and if unsuccessful they will open me up abdominally..



I like your sig line. Better you get his liver than his kidneys.

Also you needn't work so hard to get to a better place. Everyone goes sooner or later. And probably not a better place. Maybe like the old Western on Fremont St.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 30th, 2018 at 3:19:32 PM permalink
Tonight's keto dinner



Made taco salad and a keto wrap made with pork rinds and cream cheese. Made a chalupa like item.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7481
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
July 30th, 2018 at 3:24:38 PM permalink
And for my tea dinner tonight:-
Sea bream baked in paper with a bit of garlic and lemon butter and a sprinkle of lemon juice.
Served with a handful of cous cous which had been colored in and flavoured with a few peas, some sweetcorn, chopped baby leek and two tomatoes.
Also served with a baked red bell pepper which had been filled with two cloves of garlic, 6 small tomatoes, 3 anchovy fillets and a splash of olive oil.
Washed down by a glass of Cabernet Blanc.



I cooked too much couscous and had to discard a third.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7481
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
July 30th, 2018 at 3:26:51 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Tonight's keto dinner



Made taco salad and a keto wrap made with pork rinds and cream cheese. Made a chalupa like item.


Looks pretty good Gwae. far healthier than my usual image of keto.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 30th, 2018 at 3:33:12 PM permalink
Thanks OD. Is there something in the fish? Looks dark on the left hand side.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
July 30th, 2018 at 3:55:01 PM permalink
I find it difficult to find anything about pork rinds healthy.

I give myself a free dinner every ten days, and a free day every 31st of the month.
A mini vacation of sorts.
The last time this coincided, I was excited about it for days ahead of time. This time I didn't even notice it until dinner.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: