Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 44
January 29th, 2020 at 12:39:44 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I just had two whoppers. Both extra mayo extra onion. One was "Impossible", the other regular. I ate the impossible one first. I 'think' I was able to tell the difference, but it was not much. Since the 'extra mayo' probably makes neither of them remotely 'healthy', I will buy whichever one is cheaper. They were equally priced at $3 during this 'special'.

Ugh, I LOVE mayo but even the default amount of mayo on a whopper is too much for me.

I am pretty sure impossible meat is horrible for you. Itís all processed vegetable oils.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 422
January 29th, 2020 at 12:50:09 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Ugh, I LOVE mayo but even the default amount of mayo on a whopper is too much for impossible meat is horrible for you. Itís all processed vegetable oils.

Nope. Only one oil, coconut, and
it's one of the healthy oils.

impossible Burger ingredients list​​​: Water, Textured Wheat Protein, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Leghemoglobin (soy), Yeast Extract, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Konjac Gum, Xanthan Gum, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Zinc, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.Jul 31, 2019
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
January 29th, 2020 at 1:07:59 PM permalink
>>>>Sugar is cheap, that's why it's in everything. It's also addictive.
That is the real reason!! Addictive!!

>>>>Fructose has more sugar than the sugar and corn syrup that's in everything else.
Yes, it is the worst for me, I was not exaggerating when I said comatose. Don't get me wrong, I am not ungrateful. A local Jewish group was delivering the Meals On Wheels packet that day and they very generously added an extra lunch bag for all the MoW recipients. I am sure most of the MoW recipients were ecstatic. I, utterly lacking in will power and also utterly lacking in tolerance for sugar, was lying on the floor beside my bed for nearly three hours but that does not mean I was unappreciative of their efforts.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 29th, 2020 at 4:10:48 PM permalink
Meat marinara sauce over zucchini noodles.

AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 30th, 2020 at 5:26:25 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I just had two whoppers. Both extra mayo extra onion. One was "Impossible", the other regular. I ate the impossible one first. I 'think' I was able to tell the difference, but it was not much. Since the 'extra mayo' probably makes neither of them remotely 'healthy', I will buy whichever one is cheaper. They were equally priced at $3 during this 'special'.

I had an impossible burger at a Red Robin a few months ago and I don't think I could have told the difference in a blind trial. But my taste buds have been burnt off with years of drinking cheap whisky.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 159
January 30th, 2020 at 7:07:28 AM permalink
I've now had three impossible whoppers. They do taste very similar but one look at the patties will tell you which is which. On the other hand, the "impossible" meat Del Taco uses taste very different from their traditional fare.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 44
January 30th, 2020 at 8:52:48 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Nope. Only one oil, coconut, and
it's one of the healthy oils.

impossible Burger ingredients list​​​: Water, Textured Wheat Protein, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Leghemoglobin (soy), Yeast Extract, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Konjac Gum, Xanthan Gum, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Zinc, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.Jul 31, 2019

Not sure about the healthiness of Coconut Oil, Wikipedia disagrees that itís healthy but I really donít have a strong opinion either way.

Either way they are likely less healthy than ground beef, but I donít think being healthy is the point of impossible meat. Itís for people that donít want to eat meat.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 30th, 2020 at 10:21:14 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Not sure about the healthiness of Coconut Oil

Top 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Coconut Oil

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 30th, 2020 at 4:15:22 PM permalink
Grilled chicken cheese sandwich.

vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 17
January 30th, 2020 at 7:30:02 PM permalink
I have been searching for a good low carb keto homemade BBQ sauce. I eat keto but find many of my meat dishes are too bland. Store BBQ sauces have too much sugar and carbs.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong

• Jump to: